Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » No content ID
No content ID
By Boscage 2014-04-16 03:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just playing ffxi and in aby skilling archery when I suddenly got kicked off the game. Then when I tried to relog I got a message that said, "you have no content ID for final fantasy XI. Please obtain a new content ID or reactivate a cancelled one in order to play the game." Any ideas on why this happened and how to fix it? I guess I have to reactivate my never cancelled account.? Lol
By bigdave1978 2014-04-16 03:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

just means you need to pay your fees and reactivate it
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-16 03:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible there was a payment issue? Is today the day you are normally billed?

If there's been some weird issue you should be able to log on to the square enix account management website here. Select Service > FFXI and see if your character is cancelled.
 Ragnarok.Tokuzi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bodille
By Ragnarok.Tokuzi 2014-04-16 04:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-16 05:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

bigdave1978 said: »
just means you need to pay your fees and reactivate it

Exactly.
Just go to SE's account management page and pay your fees and reactivate your characters. It'll take like 2 minutes. When did you buy your account?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-16 06:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

check your email. I've had that happened to me once and not long after SE sent me an email saying my payment bounced. Had to re-register my card (the same card!) and it was fine after.
By Boscage 2014-04-16 16:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I went on and when I tried to login I got a message saying, "your account has already been cancelled". My brother had set up my account originally because I had no idea how to do it so I don't know how to do any of this
By Boscage 2014-04-16 17:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What had happened though was that the account was linked to my brothers credit card because he made the account and he had to get a new card. So I want to link my card now but it won't let me log on
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-04-16 17:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Boscage said: »
What had happened though was that the account was linked to my brothers credit card because he made the account and he had to get a new card. So I want to link my card now but it won't let me log on
you still have to manually make a payment and reactivate the Content IDs you want to use.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-04-16 17:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Get the password from your brother on, it's very simple.

Then on the lower left there's an option that says "Select service > You select you xxxxx ID > Update payment method > then you reactivate the account by choosing the characters you want to re-activate > keep clicking next and filling out information,etc.."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-16 18:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
Get the password from your brother on, it's very simple.

Then on the lower left there's an option that says "Select service > You select you xxxxx ID > Update payment method > then you reactivate the account by choosing the characters you want to re-activate > keep clicking next and filling out information,etc.."

Follow these steps and you should be okay. Surprisingly enough though the website isn't too too hard to navigate considering it was put together by Square-Enix. Good luck!
[+]
 Shiva.Siral
Server: Shiva
user: Siral
By Shiva.Siral 2014-04-16 18:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The password should be the same password he enters every day to log into ffxi so he should know it.

If he doesn't know the ID needed to login to the website it can be found in playonline.

It says "Square Enix ID: xxxxxxxxx" on the black bar above his Member Name in POL on the first screen that comes up when you open it.

This is the website:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account

and yes pretty much just follow the steps posted by rafaras above.
[+]
By Boscage 2014-04-16 19:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright I got my account back. Thank You everyone for all the help! xD
[+]