Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Lionsquall
Lionsquall
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-15 11:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone going to bother with this gun? There's a possibility I'm going to change my relic direction and go with Yoichi instead of Anni (yes, I know..). That said, I'm still interested in having a solid gun at my disposal.

Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-04-15 11:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Anyone going to bother with this gun? There's a possibility I'm going to change my relic direction and go with Yoichi instead of Anni (yes, I know..). That said, I'm still interested in having a solid gun at my disposal.

Made mine last night, because I have a long way to go for anni(and well, all of my ranger gear in general)

Hits like a truck though.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-15 12:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krebons said: »

Made mine last night, because I have a long way to go for anni(and well, all of my ranger gear in general)

Thanks for the feedback. Would you say Lionsquall is one of the better guns available now excluding Anni?
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-04-15 12:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback. Would you say Lionsquall is one of the better guns available now excluding Anni?

Haven't had the $$ to get rank 15 on the one gun, and haven't gotten the other 119 gun. I would assume this one is better though.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-15 12:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anni's Emnity down effect is -20, double what this is.

Quote:
Hidden effect: Does Triple Damage on shots 13.3% of the time.

Unlike melee relic weapons, this effect can activate on Double Shot and if it activates on Barrage it will affect the entire Barrage.

Its not even remotely close to Anni.

This will do considerably more DOT damage.
By Zoltar 2014-04-15 15:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't the point of RNG to NOT hit like a truck and stay off the radar? I think Annihilator serves way more purpose than this gun in situations where you don't want to pull hate and *** up a run for the group.

I bet Lionsquall is really fun for pew pew pew, however not a better choice over Annihilator in most situations.
 Asura.Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2014-04-15 16:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Isn't the point of RNG to NOT hit like a truck and stay off the radar? I think Annihilator serves way more purpose than this gun in situations where you don't want to pull hate and *** up a run for the group.

I bet Lionsquall is really fun for pew pew pew, however not a better choice over Annihilator in most situations.

No, I want it to hit like a truck. Any GOOD ranger knows the hate line and how to tiptoe on it without crossing it. Its just easier to do with rem that's all.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-16 10:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I want it to hit like a truck. Any GOOD ranger knows the hate line and how to tiptoe on it without crossing it. Its just easier to do with rem that's all.

This is true, but the nature of enmity at this state of the game is soley based on intuition, ie, there are no "enmity bars" telling you how close to the enmity cap you are. If you're very close to the enmity line, some factors beyond your control will persist and wreck havoc on your model. This is the nature of prediction without being able to know all the variables.

If you are at the hate line, optimizing your damage, the degree of PLD hate variability also diminishes. There is some degree of risk if you don't use a REM, and to some players, that risk is too high to be taken.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-16 10:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »

This is true, but the nature of enmity at this state of the game is soley based on intuition, ie, there are no "enmity bars" telling you how close to the enmity cap you are. If you're very close to the enmity line, some factors beyond your control will persist and wreck havoc on your model. This is the nature of prediction without being able to know all the variables.

If you are at the hate line, optimizing your damage, the degree of PLD hate variability also diminishes. There is some degree of risk if you don't use a REM, and to some players, that risk is too high to be taken.

There's Libra ^^

... but yes you don't always have a sch around (and sch has better things to do than to libra!) and it's not as visual and informative as enmity bars in ffxiv
[+]
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-04-17 03:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I am making this gun for my ranger. Sure I could get anni but to those of use not sitting on 400m or a spare 10k piece of dyna currency with other relics we want to upgrade before that(for me Aegis) I think this is a solid choice.

Lot easier to get and pretty budget friendly depending on the claw/hide(w/e it uses) price on your server.
 Shiva.Malicus
Server: Shiva
user: Malicus
By Shiva.Malicus 2014-04-17 12:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone was trying to tell you that Anni is definitely worth making specifically because of the ability to control Enmity without losing DMG. This was because in your initial statement where you stated you would change your direction to Yoichi because of this gun. Where this gun does not replace Anni, just another option but not as good as Anni in anyway.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-28 12:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Malicus said: »
I think everyone was trying to tell you that Anni is definitely worth making specifically because of the ability to control Enmity without losing DMG. This was because in your initial statement where you stated you would change your direction to Yoichi because of this gun. Where this gun does not replace Anni, just another option but not as good as Anni in anyway.

I decided to stick with Anni despite being a huge Bow fan. The benefits of the gun are just too numerous to pass up.

On a side note, it's absolutely nuts how many 119 Anni RNG's there are now. :o
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-04-28 13:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to stick with Anni despite being a huge Bow fan. The benefits of the gun are just too numerous to pass up.

Not really, considering byne is usually the cheapest currency. Look at all the bandwagon monk/ranger demand there is so its just natural.
 Sylph.Limlight
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-04-28 18:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

so very true. It's just an all out shooting assault when I use anni vs my 119 bow. I have to hold back too much with the bow. :(