Want To Be ~Truly Outrageous~?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Want to be ~Truly Outrageous~?
Want to be ~Truly Outrageous~?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-05 03:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Ps: we could still use another whm that knows how to do their stuff >_><_<
Nope. WHM4lyfe
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-06-05 03:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

good ls
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-05 20:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently full. Thanks.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-08 17:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That looks more like a cat than it does a rabbit o_o
Angora rabbit. They're only cute in 2D.

Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-06-09 20:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

all i see is someone who hasn't disabled window animations and now i'm mad
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-09 20:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i tried having those off but it bothered me :/
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-06-20 16:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Currently full. Thanks.
Hi. While I'd still consider this true, I'd be willing to take you if you're either really good or just a little good and have a frequent playtime.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-03 17:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, Odin! Posting to let you know we may possibly be setting up a separate "sub-LS" for BCs only, and may be recruiting 1 or 2 people for it. There's some irrational dramallama going on in the LS and may be losing 1 or 2 of our daily players, thus limiting our ability to do BCs as we please.

The plan would be to do them once a week (Saturday most likely) in the afternoon. We'd handle drops the way we've already been handling them in the LS, which is you can make a "3 most-wanted" list among all BCs (3 total, not 3 for each BC) which will grant you lotting rights if the item were to drop. The placement of the item on your list does not affect priority order, so someone with an item at the top of their list will not have priority over someone with the same item at the bottom of their list. You may prioritize items for mules if you have any, but they will be given last lotting rights. Any items that drop that are not prioritized are free lot (including Vanir Battery) to everyone excluding mules unless all mains do not want said item. Items that no one is interested in will be attempted to be sold. Speaking of mules, it would be nice if you had a BRD or COR mule for outside buffing when needed, but not a requirement.

We can do everything from Fulcrum to Head Wind to AAs to Divine Might II. Jobs we may take for BCs include WHM, SMN (capped skill + SMN skill set + elemental magic set + magic acc set), BRD, SAM, WAR, THF, MNK, RNG. Of course, there *are* standards you are expected to meet to be taken seriously. I know most people on the server and their capabilities, so don't go making yourself seem bigger than you really are in any PMs or tells you send me (this doesn't mean you have to be *amazing* to join, just up to the average endgame player level)

Again, this is only a possibility that will be decided upon in a few days on whether we really need/want to open this opportunity to people. If this interests you and you'd like to try to reserve a spot if this goes through, please PM. Thanks for reading.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-04 13:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump. Thought I'd get more interest for this, but I guess not.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-04 13:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Game is on its last leg. This time its real, not like all those other times.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-04 14:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Vasch's jokes:

Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-06 15:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back to this post:
We have decided this is something we would like to do. At the moment we only have 3 or 4 people that play regularly, so we'd like to get 1 or 2 more people that are interested in joining a few of the Holograms in doing some BCs! Events will be held on Saturday night in the evening; don't really have a specific time. Must have access to at least 3 of the listed jobs in the original post. Please PM me on this site if you are interested.

In separate Hologram news, we are opening up our main linkshell for recruiting for up to 2 more people. Just did a quick clean-up of the OP, so it's not perfect, but you should get the general idea. Must have access to at least 2 of the listed jobs. Again, PM me if interested. Make sure to specify in your PM whether you're interested in joining the main linkshell or the BC linkshell (or both).

Note that our standards for people in main linkshell are much higher than the BC linkshell. Cali and myself can already duo 5/6 Delve zones, so there isn't much reason for us to split gil with people that are unreliable. Only reason for recruiting in main LS is because currently we are unable to do Delve if Calipso is missing, so in addition to being a reliable player, you must also have a good playtime. I'd much rather just relax and watch anime than try and scrape by with a WHM that makes me have to actually pay attention to my BRD mule.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-06 22:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome job tonight, Kafuin! Thanks for joining.

Further recruitment will be postponed until we see how the linkshell goes for now.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-02 15:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

TheHolograms is once again opening up for recruitment! Don't miss this opportunity!

As of now, all we're really doing is spamming Delve and BCs with a little bit of Incursion on the side (it gets really boring after you've capped r/e gear; we mainly just do it for merits/job points). Once new BCs come out, depending on drops, we'll be focusing on those over old BCs, so if you're joining with your eyes set mostly on old BC gear, don't expect too much, although you *will* see it eventually.

Just to remind people, we are a very laid back linkshell and do not have a strict schedule for doing events. They can happen at any time and the event done will usually be by a majority vote, although maybe 10% of the time I'll just make the decision myself. There is no penalty of any sort for missing events if you happen to not be around or something irl comes up, but if your excuse is "I don't feel like doing that" then I'll be less inclined to get you stuff you want. This "rule" does not apply to Delve. I don't care if you skip out on Delve since, hey, more gil for us!

Accepted jobs we're taking include: WHM, SCH, GEO, COR, DD. You *must* have some sense of job diversity (2 DD and 2 back line/support would be great). RNG is also nice to have, but we only bring RNGs to DM, so once everyone's satisfied with drops from there, we won't be using RNG anymore until content recommends the use of it.

Note: We can do every single event with just the 5 people in LS and are not in any dire need of members. As such, we expect people that are looking to join to meet a certain level of standards.

PM or leave a post in this thread if you're interested! Tells are usually missed since I play 2 chars and am not always at the keyboard. Thanks for reading.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-03 17:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Vasche said: »
I thought our main event was running up and down Port Jeuno?
And you never log in for that either.

Bump. Originally we were looking only for 1 person to add to our group, but if one of our members can't fix their Payment Error 401 problem then we'll probably be taking a couple more unless with them gone I don't feel like playing anymore. We'll see!
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-08 03:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Clarifying a little bit on what we expect of you and what you can expect from us.

If you want to join as a DD, you are expected to have mythic unless it's unreasonable/uncommon(THF) or irrelevant to your job. We have plenty of Koga SAMs and Glanz MNKs and I see no reason to kick them off for Tinhaspa MNKs and Tsuru SAMs.
Quote:
B-but it's the player that matters, not the weapon!
Save your breath.

Having access to all of WHM, GEO and COR will greatly increase your chances at acceptance. WHMs/GEOs are expected to have all relevant sets (including PDT/MDT) and CORs are expected to have high-level DD sets. THFs are expected to have a high accuracy set for Incursion to land Steps where you will not be getting Madrigals. I don't particularly care how geared it is for BCs, as long as it's functional.

As for what to expect if you were to join us, look forward to a lot of Delve/BCs and only a little bit of Incursion (our last Incursion run was about 3-4 weeks ago). For the rest of this week, not much will be going on. Events will hopefully pick back up on the weekend.

We have no schedule and we probably never will, but our general playtime is anywhere between 3-11 PST. I don't believe in setting times for people to drop whatever plans they had in real life to play a video game. We only need 2 or 3 people for Delve, so it's not like if people are missing we can't do anything. High attendance is only necessary for Incursion, which is our least done event (not just because of attendance issues). I'll always try and set something up if people are around and want to do things, however, I need people to speak up and tell me what they're in the mood to do (basically, members choose their own events).

Looking at new BCs, there aren't many great drops aside from a couple things, so we'll probably just do some old BCs as recreational activities after doing an Avatar fight or two when people are sick of Delve and aren't in the mood for Incursion.

That's about it. If you have any further questions, feel free to include them in your PM.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-09 17:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have my anime to keep myself occupied, anyway.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-10 18:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

bump!
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-14 17:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

bump!
Our linkshell is pretty much completely dead so long as Cali is unable to throw money at SE, but with the recent post in the 401 Error thread there's a glimmer of hope that the issue will be resolved in the near future. Events will pick back up if that happens and we'll be looking for that 1 (or 2 if another member doesn't end up coming back) extra person to fill the last slot of our group.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-15 13:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

TheHolograms is once again opening up for recruitment! Don't miss this opportunity!

Just to remind people, we are a very laid back linkshell and do not have a strict schedule for doing events. They can happen at any time and the event done will usually be by a majority vote, although maybe 10% of the time I'll just make the decision myself. There is no penalty of any sort for missing events if you happen to not be around or something irl comes up, but if your excuse is "I don't feel like doing that" then I'll be less inclined to get you stuff you want. This "rule" does not apply to Delve. I don't care if you skip out on Delve since, hey, more gil for us!

You *must* have some sense of job diversity (2 DD and 2 back line/support would be great). RNG is also nice to have, but we only bring RNGs to DM, so once everyone's satisfied with drops from there, we won't be using RNG anymore until content recommends the use of it.

PM or leave a post in this thread if you're interested! Tells are usually missed since I play 2 chars and am not always at the keyboard.

Our linkshell is pretty much completely dead so long as Cali is unable to throw money at SE, but with the recent post in the 401 Error thread there's a glimmer of hope that the issue will be resolved in the near future. Events will pick back up if that happens and we'll be looking for that 1 (or 2 if another member doesn't end up coming back) extra person to fill the last slot of our group.

Accepted jobs we're taking include:

WHM - Yagrush preferred, but not required. High level of skill expected with or without Yagrush. Basic sets such as enhancing, enfeebling, fast cast, etc. all expected.

GEO - Usual GEO stuff. Must also be capable of stunning Delve 1.

COR - Melee and ranged DD sets expected. Gear such as PR recast- Desultor Tassets are a nice bonus.

BRD - 4-song and Gjallarhorn only. We have 3 99 Daurdablas and 1 Carnwenhan in LS. I see no reason to kick them off for a 3-song BRD. The most use you'll see out of your 3-song BRD is singing outside buffs for BCs.

SAM - Must have either both Koga and Yoichi or one of the two.

WAR - Would only be used in BCs. Expected to be well-geared, but BCs are all already handled fairly easily as is, so not a requirement.

THF - BC and Incursion use only. Expected to have above average equipment and a high/max accuracy set for landing steps on Incursion NMs in case you're needed in outside pt and don't have Madrigals.

MNK - Expected to have the "standard top" gear. It's not difficult to obtain. If you're just missing a Felistris Mask, then that's a little understandable, and we can easily assist with that.

NIN - Have yet to bring this to endgame events other than AAs and Tenzen. If you think it shines in Delve/Incursion, feel free to show me.

All jobs, including mages, should have PDT and MDT sets. Hybrid sets are advised for 2 NMs in Kamihr Delve and 1 NM in Incursion, but it's a good idea to have one on stand-by at all times, of course.

Thanks for reading. PM if interested.