Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-04 12:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Haorhu said: »

Depend how its your MAB leadean salute based AGI/Int/GUN/DMG/MAB

depend on your gears set for leaden salute .. cor are full of mab option weapon/gears so mab+10 on atoyac are useless (My point of view) ^^
Unfortunately, your point of view is wrong.
First, your int doesn't matter, it's the enemy's.
Moreover, Atoyac still is the best Wildfire, Leaden and QD weapon(leaving aside the useless Chatoyant), and a fantastic offhand melee weapon for any content not too evasive.

Atoyac mab/oat, you won't regret it.

That being said, since you should almost always be dual wielding, Vanir+Atoyac is a great combo.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-04 12:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Also while I got you guys here, WF and LS don't suffer any distance penalties like reg ranged WSs right?

It's calculated like a magic WS...

Distance is a ranged attack modifier, and since ranged attack plays no role in LS's damage, it shouldn't affect it at all.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-04 12:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Also while I got you guys here, WF and LS don't suffer any distance penalties like reg ranged WSs right?

No distance penalty, and wf/leaden never miss.

One more thing in case you aren't aware:
With the exception of accidentally ws'ing with a hurkan/akvan bullet, don't use high quality bullets when using leaden (or wildfire).

Bullet base damage rating does nothing for magic ws, so unless the bullet has macc/mab on it, it does nothing to affect damage. If you wanna giltoss on orich bullets for +2mab, be my guest lol.

I go through about ~150+ bullets/hr jobpoint farming full speed in a party spamming only wf/leaden, so just use bronze/lv 22 bullets that you can buy from npc for like ~10k stack (dont use eminent bullets).
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-02-04 13:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I knew about that part, long time rng short time WF/true flight user so Magic WSs somewhat new for me.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-04 13:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Atoyac mab/oat, you won't regret it.

I agree with Sehachan's whole post, with the note that it's strictly considering things from a COR perspective. If you also regularly play THF DNC, you might not want to use MAB augment since it's not very useful for them.

If you care equally/more about your THF or DNC, probably makes more sense to do OAT/WS Dmg augments. WS Dmg is still helpful for COR even if it's 2nd place to MAB for Leaden. Also does have the bonus of working for Last Stand too if you're in a situation where that beats Leaden.

On the THF DNC side, MAB does virtually nothing for them (yeah yeah Aeolian Edge lol), and WS Dmg is current best choice as of the Rudra's buffs (previously crit rate was the generally accepted choice).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-02-04 13:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in a cor question of course I answer from a cor pov.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-02-04 13:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my current other aug on it is Macc because I was using for rng Magic WS build, Macc does help them go thru unresisted rigt?
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-04 15:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are targeting something very difficult and single wielding, its generally better to just use vanir knife since it has superior magic accuracy +skill on it and that does start to matter.

I use OaT+StoreTp on my atoyac, I melee dual wield 99% of the time and I get buffed enough that ws frequency and easier self skillchaining is more important to me than 10 mab.

You can pretty much do whatever you want with Atoyac augments and you'll be fine for any content this game has, you still have 12 other body gear slots to gear out and stack mab.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-02-04 16:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Well in a cor question of course I answer from a cor pov.

And like I said, I completely agree with every word you wrote from a COR pov.

But surely it doesn't hurt anyone to add information about considering other jobs, considering that the MAB is pretty much a useless augment for them. If you care about using the Atoyac on more than COR only, seems reasonable to consider the all-around utility of the weapon across your jobs and pick something that helps them all (like WSD, or Store TP).
By Heimdel 2015-02-04 17:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is considered the best LS set now or is the guides set still up to date even with the buff?
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-05 04:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha is always on top of keeping the COR guide up to date, so you can just refer to the guide for all relevant sets.

You can always go get exactly 1k tp (or 3k tp) and shoot a ronfaure bunny in the face to field test 'this item or that item' ambiguities should you have more than 1 piece of gear that can go in a particular slot.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-02-11 09:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

New COR, but Atoyac is totally useless for THF now, IMO, so fully augmenting it for COR. Can we reliably connect on bats between Atoyac's ilvl 115 and COR's non-A dagger skill, though? Haven't hit bat camp on COR yet, only have the incursion fleuret, no vanir knife so far.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-11 09:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, COR has the advantage of a self buff that basically cancels out the accuracy loss from a 115 offhand and B+ dagger skill. So, yeah, you can, and there is a great selection of melee accuracy gear that COR can wear. When you consider what 10MAB and 40% OAT add if you're riding QD and using Leaden Salute, it's worth having in your offhand for anything you can reasonably cap accuracy on with Hunters'/Sushi.
 Shiva.Ladyofhonor
By Shiva.Ladyofhonor 2015-02-11 10:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So for bat party you'd ride COR/Hunter rolls, use pizza slices and good to go?
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-11 10:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in a party, you would most likely have a BRD or maybe a GEO, so normally their accuracy buffs will be enough for you with proper accuracy food. I, personally, like Chaos + Corsair's, just because chaos is so strong. If your party is really starved for acc though, sure, use Hunter's.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-11 11:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

According motenten data, serac rabbits have 1068 eva.

Bats should be less evasive though, but using rabbits as reference, you would need 1108 acc in the end to cap at 95% (not sure how acc works now with max cap is 99% in mainhand, if the previous 95 just became 99 or if its neçessary even more acc than 1108 to cap 99%).

1108 is a shitload of acc. At least my acc gear reach 950 before food. Sushi contributes with 72, hunters with lucky number is 65, and im not capping anything without my madrigal.

At least for rabbits, atoyac seems a bad idea (almost 60 less acc - its a blind hand). For bats, nvm the sword, as aside less acc, i supose its dmg is slashing, and bats are weak to piercing. Sabebusx2 or sabebus and vanir. Stick with last stand to benefit of piercing bonus.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-11 11:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The Arendsi Fleuret is considered piercing damage, as it's a rapier. And I've actually found better results using Wildfire over Last Stand on bats. I'm not sure how, as my LS set is better, but Wildfire just performs, on average, better than LS. And it can also chain darkness with itself, which is basically an instant kill on bats.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-11 11:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
According motenten data, serac rabbits have 1068 eva.

Bats should be less evasive though, but using rabbits as reference, you would need 1108 acc in the end to cap at 95% (not sure how acc works now with max cap is 99% in mainhand, if the previous 95 just became 99 or if its neçessary even more acc than 1108 to cap 99%).

1108 is a shitload of acc. At least my acc gear reach 950 before food. Sushi contributes with 72, hunters with lucky number is 65, and im not capping anything without my madrigal.

At least for rabbits, atoyac seems a bad idea (almost 60 less acc - its a blind hand). For bats, nvm the sword, as aside less acc, i supose its dmg is slashing, and bats are weak to piercing. Sabebusx2 or sabebus and vanir. Stick with last stand to benefit of piercing bonus.

I wouldn't consider soloing those bats, I assume he's talking about party play. There are better targets for solo COR.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-11 11:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 333217
This is 948/918 acc before food+buffs (sword/dagger/dex merits) and is roughly what I use for a bat/Woh party.
I recommend using scoreboard when fighting the bats to fine tune your set for accuracy (97% = (99%main+95%offhand)) based on who you party with+trusts+food+gear availability.

Tune your roll choice based on party and be adaptable. I love Sam+Cor roll, but last time we had 2 summoners in the bat party so evoker roll was a no brainer and made things run smoother.

My tp and ws set keep the +cp% cape locked even though I have a nice gunslinger cape. Half the time something will die to a weaponskill from you or someone else.

Don't use leaden for bats, its terrible. use Wildfire.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Rodolfo
Server: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-03-19 04:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
ItemSet 333217
This is 948/918 acc before food+buffs (sword/dagger/dex merits) and is roughly what I use for a bat/Woh party.
I recommend using scoreboard when fighting the bats to fine tune your set for accuracy (97% = (99%main+95%offhand)) based on who you party with+trusts+food+gear availability.

Tune your roll choice based on party and be adaptable. I love Sam+Cor roll, but last time we had 2 summoners in the bat party so evoker roll was a no brainer and made things run smoother.

My tp and ws set keep the +cp% cape locked even though I have a nice gunslinger cape. Half the time something will die to a weaponskill from you or someone else.

I wonder how much this set has changed in the last month!
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-19 07:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rodolfo said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
ItemSet 333217

I wonder how much this set has changed in the last month!

You can get a lot of DW (29 total: +5 per piece, plus +4 on feet) or TA (12% total, +2% per piece, plus +2 on legs). You can get ACC/ATK+20 on each piece, in addition to their stats as well. Not mention the dusk stones that give STR, DEX and AGI.

This is aside the fact that you can get a ton of MAB/MACC numbers with snowdim stones and WSD+3% on each piece with luck on Duskslits for LS. I have MAB+12 or higher on most pieces.