Suspended?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Suspended?!
Suspended?!
 Fenrir.Crotchbuffet
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Crotchbuffet 2014-04-09 08:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well people of Fenrir, it looks as if I've been suspended for a few days. Unfortunately, it was due to my name being Crotchbuffet (which I thought was hilarious). When I get back in-game I'll be known as Backpain. I look forward to seeing you fine people when I get back at it.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-09 08:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That's sad. Your name always gave me a chuckle when I saw you run through Jeuno.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-09 08:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your chosen race will determine whether I find your name humorous or not!

Seems a bit of a stretch for people to complain about Crotchbuffet though but I think people have been pulled up for lighter toned names before.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-04-09 08:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

should have gone with Imnotcrotchbuffet as your new name...
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-04-09 08:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i had a forced name change captainplanet apparently offends people so i blame Don Cheadle
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-04-09 11:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Crotchbuffet

Looking forward to your new avatar.
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-04-09 11:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

hahahahahahhahahahahaha I actually laughed!!!!!
 Fenrir.Crotchbuffet
By Fenrir.Crotchbuffet 2014-04-09 12:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I also had to change my name on FFXIV as well. It was Hoarse Kohk... I just don't understand why SE hates me so much!
 Fenrir.Crotchbuffet
By Fenrir.Crotchbuffet 2014-04-10 17:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My original post yesterday was a bit of time after the GM had suspended my account for 24 hours and I was unable to access the game. Do I have no sense of time, or should that ban have been lifted quite some time ago? Is there something I'm missing that SE doesn't inform one about on their suspension?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-10 17:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Crotchbuffet said: »
My original post yesterday was a bit of time after the GM had suspended my account for 24 hours and I was unable to access the game. Do I have no sense of time, or should that ban have been lifted quite some time ago? Is there something I'm missing that SE doesn't inform one about on their suspension?

Do you login and you're in Moridon? If so, usually you have to place a GM call to get them to release you.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 17:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I also had to change my name on FFXIV as well. It was Hoarse Kohk... I just don't understand why SE hates me so much!
It's more like you keep making vulgar names that people report you for, and less that SE hates you.
 Fenrir.Crotchbuffet
By Fenrir.Crotchbuffet 2014-04-10 18:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a joke, Jetackuu. I fully understand that I brought it on myself. Jassik, I logged in first and did like you suggested, then he explained the suspension..yadda yadda...suspended my account and I can't even get past the log-in. This has been happening since before I posted yesterday, so if my math is correct, it should be about 9 hours over a 24 hours suspension.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-10 18:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
It's more like you keep making vulgar names that people report you for, and less that SE hates you.

I've seen some seriously creative names that aren't specifically crude or violations of the ToS that people get in trouble for. Generally, if you're a jerk to people you'll end up getting in trouble for something stupid like that. The people who get in trouble for this kind of thing generally gave someone a reason to report them.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 18:06:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a joke, Jetackuu. I fully understand that I brought it on myself. Jassik, I logged in first and did like you suggested, then he explained the suspension..yadda yadda...suspended my account and I can't even get past the log-in. This has been happening since before I posted yesterday, so if my math is correct, it should be about 9 hours over a 24 hours suspension.
Joke or not (the fact that I find it hilarious or not, and I do) it's still vulgar and still got your *** in trouble.

Odin.Jassik said: »

I've seen some seriously creative names that aren't specifically crude or violations of the ToS that people get in trouble for. Generally, if you're a jerk to people you'll end up getting in trouble for something stupid like that. The people who get in trouble for this kind of thing generally gave someone a reason to report them.

Like what?

A lot of the names out there are against the ToS...

Oh man, but nothing brings back memories like the time I went to GM jail for making a linkshell named "Downwithbirdhair" and then promoting it by shouting in LJ "Do you hate Birdhair? You do? then join Downwithbirdhair today!"

I tossed it, so I didn't get in real trouble but man did I land there quick.
 Fenrir.Crotchbuffet
By Fenrir.Crotchbuffet 2014-04-10 18:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, but I've only told one person to *** off, then I apologized because it was out of pure drunken and confused anger. I don't think that said player would report me for my name. I went a long time with no trouble, then I left my character on overnight in Jeuno, so maybe it's someone from the night crew? Not sure who, and I don't really care. I just want this suspension to be lifted.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 18:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It may not have taken effect immediately, or may have been a 72hour ban and he *** up, or he *** up and accidentally set a 72hour.

edit: I've had one of those, it didn't last for the whole time, and I don't really remember what it was for.

Oh, I think it was that time I was in an argument with people over the stupid HNM policy of the game in shout and got reported for spam.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Crotchbuffet
By Fenrir.Crotchbuffet 2014-04-10 18:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently, the suspension went active at 10PM CST. I lost access to the account around 9AM CST. WTF SE..... That doesn't make sense to what the GM, or the website says.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-10 18:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Joke or not (the fact that I find it hilarious or not, and I do) it's still vulgar and still got your *** in trouble.

Odin.Jassik said: »

Like what?

A lot of the names out there are against the ToS...

Oh man, but nothing brings back memories like the time I went to GM jail for making a linkshell named "Downwithbirdhair" and then promoting it by shouting in LJ "Do you hate Birdhair? You do? then join Downwithbirdhair today!"

I tossed it, so I didn't get in real trouble but man did I land there quick.

For instance, a person I knew had a mule with a name I won't post, but it was somewhat offensive if you were a militant feminist. He was a total *** to everyone, botted the hell out of minnows and laughed at people on the boat about how they couldn't even buy one before he bought the place out. His main got jailed because someone figured out the mule was his and reported it. I've know people with far more offensive names that weren't asshats that never got reported.
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 18:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, if SE doesn't get a report, I doubt they give a ***.

edit: same with most persons.
 Fenrir.Crotchbuffet
By Fenrir.Crotchbuffet 2014-04-10 18:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, what you're trying to imply here is that I was suspended more for being an asshat, rather then actually for my name?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-04-10 18:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So, what you're trying to imply here is that I was suspended more for being an asshat, rather then actually for my name?

No, I just meant in general, people don't get reported for something like that unless someone has a beef with them. I don't mean anything specifically about you, but Crotchbuffet doesn't seem particularly offensive to me.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Crotchbuffet
By Fenrir.Crotchbuffet 2014-04-10 20:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You also should do delve runs while drunk. Just another lesson learned haha god bless those guys that had the pleasure of taking me on the run!
By Jetackuu 2014-04-10 20:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

***I don't think I got drunk and got on an online game since EQOA and the Bush election...
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2014-04-10 20:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I get drunk an game but I'm happy drunk :P
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-04-10 20:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Crotchbuffet sounds like someone with a gaggle of children (compare with the term crotch-fruit/muffin/biscuit to refer to a single child), which I find offensive. All children offend me and any reference to children offends me. GMs don't take my calls whenever I report a Tarutaru anymore. Racists. Or bigots. Whatever.
 Asura.Jezzus
Server: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2014-04-10 20:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lol im damned surprised i made it through as long as i have. Honestly thought i was gonna get the hammer on day one