Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-04-16 16:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
A: Rng Atk+15 Str+12 Dmg+5
B: Rng Acc+15 AGI+12 Dmg+5
C: Agi+12 MAB+10 Snapshot+3

I tried to use spreadsheet to calculate it then I noticed my snapshot value doesn't work >.> Either I broke it or it already isn't working >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-05-05 16:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can see, discounting death penalty, vanir gun(722 base) beats deathlocke(720 base) by essentially 10mab. hgar comes in at the same 722 base before damage augment and or mab, meaning that damage:5 or greater or mab10 or greater places hgar on top for QD.

Given the nastiness of aoes in new delve, meleeing isn't the best bet for tp, which hurts the hgar. I use schtuzen mittens for tp bonus on QDs, which contributes to tp gain slightly, but am left to shoot for remaining tp. Given that gun damage doesn't effect wildfire, last stand and TP generation would remain primary considerations. at ~250 agi, the wildfire base damage formula simplifies to

(1754 - (2 * (enemyINT))

that means that the 60 base damage from deathlocke is rather insignificant unless applied before the 5.5ftp.

Vanir gun seems to be better due to lower delay, but the question is will hgar augments push it above and beyond on last stand damage or tp phase. I haven't done any stp calculations or tried to figure out the difference in last stand damage. Has anyone actually compared Vanir to hgar (specifically on tp/ws in new delve)?