Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Fenrir: want to buy DMII drops
Fenrir: want to buy DMII drops
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-04-03 15:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone is selling these please get ahold of me I'm looking to buy the Sam/rng body
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-03 16:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Acey said: »
If anyone is selling these please get ahold of me I'm looking to buy the Sam/rng body

Hop over to Cerberus for a few days. We'll get a run or two in then you can head back to Fenir with your new Kyu.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-03 16:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Hop over to Cerberus for a few days. We'll get a run or two in then you can head back to Fenir with your new Kyu.

That would mean 36$ plus the item cost.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-03 16:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

That would mean 36$ plus the item cost.

Yeah, there would be costs associated with it, so it really boils down to how bad he's wanting it. If no one is running DM II on Fenrir then it might be worth it to him, otherwise, maybe not.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-04-03 16:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of curiosity what is the drop rate like for it?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-04-03 16:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I only run Difficult mode now since the drops are generally superior to that of Normal (or otherwise), so we see them frequently. We had a body drop last night in fact.

I've seen 2 Kyu's drop in a run as well an none, so there's always a chance it could go either way.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-03 17:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Good. Even on normal, we would see at least one drop on almost every run
 Fenrir.Magi
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-04-03 17:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

no take backs
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2014-04-03 21:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh thanks magi i see where I'm not wanted :(
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-04-13 02:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

50m a drop hmu acey ^^;
 Fenrir.Shznittle
user: Snakeeyes
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 13:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Acey, just get your merits on I'll run some PUGs for you. I know alot of the elite Linkshells do VD or D for better drops, but forget that. You can see 2 Kyujutsugis on Normal if you bring a good Thief. It's the best option than trying to do [Difficult] in a PUG and then failing.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-09 13:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shznittle said: »
Acey, just get your merits on I'll run some PUGs for you. I know alot of the elite Linkshells do VD or D for better drops, but forget that. You can see 2 Kyujutsugis on Normal if you bring a good Thief. It's the best option than trying to do [Difficult] in a PUG and then failing.

If you have a competent group (even though it's a PUG) then I'd consider difficult mode. The comparison of drops aren't even in the same ballpark as normal mode, and that's with a thief. It's much more worth the time of everyone involved to have that guaranteed drop slot, and then additional bonuses depending on TH proc's.
 Fenrir.Shznittle
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 13:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure you can. However, with PUGs you can only control so much of the group until its 5 hours later and people start dropping group to go do something else. Also, depending on who's doing the shout and their reputation it can take as less as an hour to a ridiculous amount of time of the day to get going. I mean, yes you're getting more/better drops on [Difficult] but i don't think its worth the risk. People don't have the team chemistry in a PUG, like they do in elite Linkshells, at least not in Fenrir. Better to get something for your troubles than only win half the time. Hard to fail in [Normal] and you can see decent to good drops. I believe it's the attempting to do [Difficult] in PUGs and failing is why you see days/weeks/months without seeing DM2 shouts. People dont like to fail...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-09 13:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

pretending normal droprate is good because you saw a kyu before is laughable
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-09 13:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure you can. However, with PUGs you can only control so much of the group until its 5 hours later and people start dropping group to go do something else. Also, depending on who's doing the shout and their reputation it can take as less as an hour to a ridiculous amount of time of the day to get going. I mean, yes you're getting more/better drops on [Difficult] but i don't think its worth the risk. People don't have the team chemistry in a PUG, like they do in elite Linkshells, at least not in Fenrir. Better to get something for your troubles than only win half the time. Hard to fail in [Normal] and you can see decent to good drops. I believe it's the attempting to do [Difficult] in PUGs and failing is why you see days/weeks/months without seeing DM2 shouts. People dont like to fail...

Yup, you have valid points. The success or failure of a run primarily rests on the cohesion of the entire group.

A few months ago, I was more or less one of the only people shouting for PUG DM II runs, so I can fully relate to what you're saying. Everything took forever, and more often than not, the overall experience was just an exercise in frustration. Even on normal mode it was sometimes hit or miss if we clear it.

That being said, within the random group of players that responded to my shouts, I started noticing specific people participating each and every time.

Fast forward to today, those same people are now friends and we've done enough runs together that we're all a well-oiled machine. In fact, I don't even do PUG's anymore as we've evolved that into a static DM II LS. Granted, we typically only meet on Saturdays, but we do 2x runs and everyone has been getting their Kyu's and other items very quickly. And we do difficult mode only, which we had to work up to, of course.

So long story short, you may need to eventually create your own group of hand-picked players who share like-minded interests with DM II. Once you start there, you'll have a good foundation for consistency on getting people gear from that content.
 Fenrir.Shznittle
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 14:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
pretending normal droprate is good because you saw a kyu before is laughable

and so are you in your avatar pic...nice troll reply
Also, if drop rates were that bad on Normal, people wouldn't waste their time with it. Maybe it's the other way around, just because you only saw 1 Kyu drop in normal one time and nothing else and cried like a little girl makes your reply laughable.

Yup, you have valid points. The success or failure of a run primarily rests on the cohesion of the entire group.

A few months ago, I was more or less one of the only people shouting for PUG DM II runs, so I can fully relate to what you're saying. Everything took forever, and more often than not, the overall experience was just an exercise in frustration. Even on normal mode it was sometimes hit or miss if we clear it.

That being said, within the random group of players that responded to my shouts, I started noticing specific people participating each and every time.

Fast forward to today, those same people are now friends and we've done enough runs together that we're all a well-oiled machine. In fact, I don't even do PUG's anymore as we've evolved that into a static DM II LS. Granted, we typically only meet on Saturdays, but we do 2x runs and everyone has been getting their Kyu's and other items very quickly. And we do difficult mode only, which we had to work up to, of course.

So long story short, you may need to eventually create your own group of hand-picked players who share like-minded interests with DM II. Once you start there, you'll have a good foundation for consistency on getting people gear from that content.

Yea, I know what you mean by seeing the same people and building chemistry with them or at least knowing that they're legit. There's definitely a lot of value in that, but the only problem I see in trying to set up statics for stuff like this is that once people get their items, they usually disappear.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-09 14:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, if drop rates were that bad on Normal, people wouldn't waste their time with it. Maybe it's the other way around, just because you only saw 1 Kyu drop in normal one time and nothing else and cried like a little girl makes your reply laughable.
There is no reason to believe distribution within a loaded slot is any different between difficulties. Normal loads slots at a rate of between 1/3 and 1/4 per mob, while difficult loads slots at a rate of ~125% and vd loads them at a rate of ~160%. Thus, a difficult run has 4-5x the expected outcome as a normal run for ra/ex drops. Never mind the fact that very difficult can be cleared with 12 or less.

There's no element of personal anything involved, I have kyu on all 5 of my 119 annihilator characters. I have it on my mages too, because I was duo spamming VD while plutons were valuable. I was just commenting on the droprate.

and so are you in your avatar pic...nice troll reply
The avatar is not something I'd choose of my own accord, but if it makes my girlfriend feel better about herself it's not anything troublesome for me to do. Certainly not pertinent to the topic at hand, someone mad?
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-05-09 14:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

buying anything in this game r/e wise is ridiculous, its not hard to get into an ls that beats all this old content, if you cant, maybe this isn't the game for you? D:
 Fenrir.Shznittle
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 14:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you expect man? You run up in here throwing your "laughable" word around like you're a damn badass...i mean, who the hell are you? Nobody said that D and VD doesn't have better drops, but i've had people come from an elite Linkshell that does VD all the time, come and say that the drops aren't significantly better. The point is that trying to do D and VD in a PUG isn't worth the trouble, considering the random level of skill you get in PUGs. And then Mr. Badass decided to join the convo...what do you expect?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-09 14:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Allow me to dissect your original post and point out why I thought you were deserving of a correction.

Quote:
I know alot of the elite Linkshells do VD or D for better drops, but forget that.
-Not-so-veiled indication that you're upset you can't do harder difficulties.

Quote:
You can see 2 Kyujutsugis on Normal if you bring a good Thief.
-Completely misleading statement with a prevalence rate of less than 3%.

Quote:
It's the best option than trying to do [Difficult] in a PUG and then failing.
Killing 2 mobs on D gets you more DM-specific drops than killing 5 on normal, statistically. Failing means nothing unless you're doing VD since the personal rewards are trash on lower difficulties.

It's not about me being a badass, it's about pointing out you're completely wrong. If you don't spring for D, you're crippling your returns. I could understand being incapable of doing VD, but when you only need 2/5 to have a better chance at the DM-specific drops.. it's not a very lofty goal.

Forums exist for discourse, I'm not obligated to take your statement as fact, and the entire purpose of the submit button is to allow differing opinions to be shared.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-05-09 14:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it was changed in the past 3 months since I did DM, VD is 100% chance at a DM-specific item and AA-specific item. Not sure how people don't consider that "significantly better".
 Fenrir.Shznittle
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 14:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

and were still talking about a PUG doing DM2...not linkshell groups...a PUG and like i said, at least in Fenrir, i've seen plenty of PUGs fail doing Difficult and maybe only have enough time to kill 1 AA after raises and regrouping. That's not very effective to me. My arguement is that it's more effective to just do Normal get a win, get a few drops, keep people happy, and keep people joining if you decide to do another shout the following day. "You can see 2 Kyus drop" means it may happen. I've seen it happen multiple times on Normal with a thief. This convo has nothing to do with how much better drops you get with doing D or VD. It's the feasibility of doing them in a PUG consistently.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-05-09 14:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

shout for normal, get ***players because anyone who knows what they're doing knows the droprate differences

shout for difficult and people who don't suck might come
 Fenrir.Shznittle
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 14:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever works in Leviathan bro...I suck so I'm not in an elite LS, but i have everything from AAs and DMv2, and got them from PUGs and PUGs that I've created. Some of us must be doing something right in Fenrir...
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-05-09 15:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I recommend getting an AA group together. You can probably tank all of them with the gear you have. Once your group can start nailing that stuff down, can do DM (D) or (VD). I find killing a few of the NMs on D or VD has a better drop rate than killing all the NMs on N.

The most troublesome part is finding players to do stuff with.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-09 15:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If the drop rate is similar in all bcnm, that means VE, E is under 5%, N is 25%, D is 100+% and VD can drop even 3 pieces of gear.

The biggest problem shouldnt be the poor drop rate of N- modes, but lotting the already few drops between 18 persons will make this process a long time goal. Believing the first drop will go right to you is being way too much optimistic. Everyone will seacom the most popular drops.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-09 15:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
If the drop rate is similar in all bcnm, that means VE, E is under 5%, N is 25%, D is 100+% and VD can drop even 3 pieces of gear.

The biggest problem shouldnt be the poor drop rate of N- modes, but lotting the already few drops between 18 persons will make this process a long time goal. Believing the first drop will go right to you is being way too much optimistic. Everyone will seacom the most popular drops.

Difficult is 1 guaranteed drop slot and VD is 2 guaranteed drop slots (per Ark Angel), which Llewelyn mentioned previously. The only thing I don't know yet are the Treasure Hunter particulars on drop rates for items by comparison to how TH works for Normal and below.

Our group does difficult mode for the reason you mentioned: 18 people hoping for a Kyu on normal mode is a long-time endeavor in the making. But because of how long we've been doing this as a static on difficult, there are only 2 people in line for Kyu at the moment, which is hard to believe.

There's an on-going joke about how it's only a matter of time before Kyu's start hitting the floor.
 Fenrir.Shznittle
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 15:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I do agree that you can do D and VD for single AA fights, just a different story with DM2...also like Comeatmebro said, you can always do D or VD and only target 2 or 3 AAs. Whatever works for people...i just find doing DM2 in a PUG on N-mode with a THF a decent and consistent option. You dont get a drop, oh well...go merit and do it again. I think people get too discouraged with losing...I find it better overall to get a 1-3 DM-only drops PLUS the normal AA-drops and mats that people seem to still /seacom in DMv2. Whatever works for your server...this seem to be the most effective in Fenrir. That's all i'm saying...has nothing to do with this drops more than that mode...or w/e
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-05-09 15:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do agree that you can do D and VD for single AA fights, just a different story with DM2...also like Comeatmebro said, you can always do D or VD and only target 2 or 3 AAs. Whatever works for people...i just find doing DM2 in a PUG on N-mode with a THF a decent option.

The thing is the AA's are the same whether fighting them in their respective arenas or in DM II. I'd be willing to bet that your PUG group could take out EV & GK (just those 2) on difficult mode in 30 minutes and have better odds of getting good drops than if you cleared all of Normal mode. You just need good DPS and WHM's that are highly reactive and competent.

If there aren't quite enough people logged on to do a full clear, we'll pick and choose which AA's people want items from.

Ex: EV > GK > Any combination of AA's beyond this point.

The thing to remember is Kyu, Seraphi, Divinator and Lentis can drop from any AA. Only the DM II-exclusive earrings come from specific AA's.