Link

----

Brb, need merits :)
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-01 05:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenzen will do 2000 damage WS's and SC for 4K. Onryu will do 3000 damage aoe attacks, full dispel and 30s aoe terror. Both will be fought with a combination of O.Chain PLD and Rangers.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-01 05:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD, RNG, BRD, WHM. Boring.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-01 05:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nahh if your PLD is pimp you can dump the WHM and just have the BRD double as healer. PLD RNG RNG RNG RNG BRD

There current FFXI in a nutshell.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By bigdave1978 2014-04-01 06:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

incoming high level multi hit scythe
By Pantafernando 2014-04-01 06:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Need moar light dd body pieces.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-01 06:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing for almost 11 years and I still got jobs to level and stats to increase (7 STR and 7 DEX atm) so I can still use merits for... well, what they are intended to use for.
I can understand SE is trying to keep merits going by making these HQ battlefields, but couldn't they come up with something less.. tedious?
It's not hard by any means to get merits at this point, but if you want to try just one of these battlefields, you need to get 15 or 20 (for the newer ones), which takes quite some time regardless. Not to mention you can't retry when you fail the fight.
How about you actually get a Key Item if you win the battlefield allowing unlimited access (for the chosen difficulty level)? I'd like that...
[+]
By Voren 2014-04-01 07:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh cool, another battlefield event where you'll grind for a bit to get a KI, then need a specific set up of decently geared jobs (PLD w/90 Ochain, BRD, WHM, RNGx3), and ONLY THOSE jobs (sorry to the other 18 jobs, you'll not be needed) to fight something that, if you win, you'll stand a 0.001% chance at even seeing what you're looking for drop, and if it drops you'll be out lotted by someone in your party. Yeah I see nothing but win in this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 07:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys seriously complaining about getting merits and not getting invited to events still? Its 2014 guys. You're fully capable of making your own groups and winning without Rangers.
[+]
By Voren 2014-04-01 07:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You guys seriously complaining about getting merits and not getting invited to events still? Its 2014 guys. You're fully capable of making your own groups and winning without Rangers.

This isn't the only event where only a specific set up was even allowed. NNI for example, or anything where it was EMP/Mythic/Relic only.

It may be 2014, but not everyone has been playing since JP/US/EU release. Some of us have been playing a couple of years and still not been able to get geared due to (insert varied reason here).

Coming out with additional content where only a select group will be allowed to participate is ridiculous. It's 2014, Devs should be adjusting the game to accommodate ALL paying customers instead of cramming cut and paste content down our throats. IMHO is all.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2014-04-01 07:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys seriously complaining about getting merits and not getting invited to events still? Its 2014 guys. You're fully capable of making your own groups and winning without Rangers
X2.

It's not even out yet !
[+]
By Sieha1 2014-04-01 08:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

While I do agree that the fights should have more of a casual access, complaining about not having jobs for it or gear is only a result of peoples lack of initiative. I have seen groups win AA normal fights in spark gear. Not having the time or availability to get into a good ls is understandable, not having the money to buy a relic or mythic is understandable if you play time sucks. not having some kind of decent gear including spark gear, being skilled with macros and an understanding of your job, or not switching jobs so you can get the gear you want; not understandable.

Arguments like, 'but thf is my favorite job. I should be able to come to delve with it', isnt valid since that job isnt useful. Exp, merits, gear, and even gil are easy now. No excuse to not have a rng, brd, or whm leveled with good enough gear to run these fights.

The difficulty setting was a great idea, however the effect it has on drop rate really sucks.
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-01 08:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »

This isn't the only event where only a specific set up was even allowed. NNI for example, or anything where it was EMP/Mythic/Relic only.

It may be 2014, but not everyone has been playing since JP/US/EU release. Some of us have been playing a couple of years and still not been able to get geared due to (insert varied reason here).

Coming out with additional content where only a select group will be allowed to participate is ridiculous. It's 2014, Devs should be adjusting the game to accommodate ALL paying customers instead of cramming cut and paste content down our throats. IMHO is all.

It's true, I would like to go to an endgame content on a job that I actually LOVE to play than one that makes me want to pull whatever's left of my hair. I leveled Geo to get into old delve content (which is boring as hell), I leveled WHM only because I was suggested to as a sub for SCH (ended up 99ing it anyways). No way in blue hells am I touching brd or pld; I got brd high enough to use the proc songs in aby). So should I just unsub because I actually want to enjoy the game for once?

Sure I can start my own squad, but some people are not born leaders by any means. I have mentioned before a long time ago that being lead in anything causes me distress--both rl and in games, which is why I don't do it. Stress doesn't make a game fun.

More than anything, people are wanting content where they don't want to be forced to level/gear up another job just to be relevant or get into the content of the month. That is all they want, they don't want one where they need 4 jobs, especially since this is a game where there are 22 to choose from. That's all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-01 08:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
The difficulty setting was a great idea, however the effect it has on drop rate really sucks.

But it's only fair... I think it makes sense. Considering how easy easy/ve is. Why should you have the same chance killing a level 113/115 mob as someone killing 119++? There's obviously a lot more skill and effort involved in the latter.

Casual players need to realise they can't do less and expect the same as what a more hardcore player do. If you can't be bothered to gear your job properly/level a job that's more useful. Then you're going to have to grind for longer. It's only fair.

Rng is not the only way to go as people have cleared the higher bcs in D or VD with other jobs, rngs is just the easier way out.

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
Coming out with additional content where only a select group will be allowed to participate is ridiculous.

This is why they have RoE and skirmish and tier-ed difficulties. If everyone can participate and win everything end game will be too easy and boring for the more capable/hardcore players.
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-01 08:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE insists on adding high-tier versions of old battlefields as "new content", they should at least throw the occasional curve-ball.

Rotating hate dynamics would be a good place to start. The trouble is that battlefield NM's behave the same way every time, which is why we tend to see the same jobs wanted for optimal parties. If the hate dynamics were to randomly change however, that would shake things up somewhat.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-01 08:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not entirely true, the new Kam fight has him spawning fetters that need to be dealt with. They have added new mechanics to few of them. People are also exaggerating the RNG thing, you can win with other setups but people just jump to the easiest one.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-01 08:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

If SE insists on adding high-tier versions of old battlefields as "new content", they should at least throw the occasional curve-ball.

Rotating hate dynamics would be a good place to start. The trouble is that battlefield NM's behave the same way every time, which is why we tend to see the same jobs wanted for optimal parties. If the hate dynamics were to randomly change however, that would shake things up somewhat.

This. I would actually like the AI to be different every time, but the game may be a little too old for that to be fixed. Would like an NM to one-shot a PLD in one run and make em go "WTH that didn't happen on the last run!"
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-01 09:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Not entirely true, the new Kam fight has him spawning fetters that need to be dealt with. They have added new mechanics to few of them. People are also exaggerating the RNG thing, you can win with other setups but people just jump to the easiest one.

On normal sure, good chance at wipe but the real kicker is the drop rates on normal are so bad that your practically wasting your time. Difficult on the other hand has noticeably better drop rates and it's only requirement is having RNG's to avoid the 2000 damage attacks. All the BRD's, PLD's and WHM's see that and now they only do it on difficult.

/yell AAHM Normal <Do You Need It> PLD, BRD, WHM <Can I Have It>

PLD -> Sorry man Normal is a waste of my time, I'm going to do it with this group of relic RNG's.

BRD -> Yeah sorry Norma just ain't happening, I'm gonna go join the PLD.

WHM -> Well I'll do it if I can come on DD. What you need a healer? Sure how many ... ohh wait your not using RNG's? Umm .. yeah I'm going to go join the other guys, sorry.

Then the PLD starts yell for a RNG to fill out his last DD spot.

This is the problem with the game now, SE has nerfed the drops into voidwatch level rates on anything except D/VD. Then buffed the boss's offensive stats so high that non-PLD's simply can't survive (NIN's are good in some of the fights). I've gone as the THF to D fights and it's nothing to see a 2000 damage havoc spiral, 2300 dominion slash or dragon fall. Lets not forget the 3000 damage CDC's to the face. You learn to run out of range to recast Ichi if Ni isn't back up. Regular melee's don't stand a chance against that onslaught which makes every strategy about doing ranged enmity-free damage.

I can totally get behind SE giving them higher HP and defensive stats but the insane level of offensive stats need to stop. It break the game mechanically.

From a design point of view I can see where they were going. Case of Killer GM that they've occasionally fallen into. Your not supposed to get the rewards, winning isn't supposed to be an option. The design is for your to beat normal but not really get anywhere, then endlessly spend time grinding merits and throw yourselves at D/VD only to get humiliated and lose consistently all the while thinking "just next fight". It's filler material, something that's easy and cheap to do developer side that requires constant player investment until you come out with more expensive content. Of course us players, utilizing our hive minds, will find some loophole or mechanic they didn't think about and exploit it to actually get the cheese. That mechanic will have very specific requirements that serve to restrict participation from the majority of the population.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 09:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell, what I remember from Tenzen fight was that it was "ZERG THIS MFER DOWN IN 30SEC OR WE WIPE" - I wouldnt be so quick to judge its going to be RNG ONRY DD, although I won't be surprised if its similar.

My point is, people are complaining about merits.... merits... MERITS!? For the longest time, I would purposely waste my merits, because my jobs are all capped - so i would spend some on a different ws everytime i got 30, just so I wouldn't lose them. Nowadays, this game is BRAINDEAD EASY, and getting 15-20 merits is an absolute joke if i ever saw one. And people are complaining about merits?

As far as content goes, I really don't know what else to say about job selection. I'll admit, its absolutely limited. Last night I tried to hel a few ls members get HM win... One of the rangers was SEVERELY undergeared and the drk... well, he was on the floor more than half the fight due to hate mechanics and survivability. I think what makes jobs more and less attractive is its damage-to-danger ratio; In other words, how much damage can you deal in terms of how much danger you are to our group losing. Ranger is undoubtedly the highest in this category, probably followed by anything with NIN sub.

Personally, I have tons of jobs levelled, but I always recommend my BLU to events first. People think im joking when I offer it, but since I've kind of built up a reputation as a respectable player, i could get away with it. On the other hand, inviting complete strangers raises a level of discomfort with me, and I would much rather invite jobs that have a higher damage-to-danger ratio than others. This = wins.

Sorry if this doesn't fit your style, we are just tired of losing and wasting time. But I feel your pain, because have 99RNG/PLD/WHM as well, but am not comfortable playing it right now.
By Pantafernando 2014-04-01 09:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said the new battlefields version VD will be designed to level 145, and the following items will have a small chance of droping:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/2958/kupon-w-e85

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/3439/kupon-w-m90?stack=1

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/3438/kupon-w-r90

Source:

Source
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-01 09:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hell, what I remember from Tenzen fight was that it was "ZERG THIS MFER DOWN IN 30SEC OR WE WIPE" - I wouldnt be so quick to judge its going to be RNG ONRY DD, although I won't be surprised if its similar.

It'll be RNG only because anything else will die within 5~10s of engaging. The only reason you rushed the Tenzen fight is CE going off being an instant-lose with no way to counter it. I doubt they'll place that in this fight, he'll just have 250~300K HP and do 2K aoe WS's with 3K skill chain effects.

For comparison, VD AAGK can do a 8000 damage Fudo. How is any player supposed to survive that? Might as well be Tachi: Death for as cheap as it is. So instead we use a brochain PLD to absorb the pain with RNG's using zero-enmity builds that rely on RE WS mechanics and a cheesy JA SE gave to RNG awhile back and never thought about it again.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2014-04-01 09:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Buuki I agree with you lol. Win yes please. If it's hard and we win it's better feeling then something like akvan void watch jobs any. Lol

I leveled cor to get tojil win then white Mage bard scholar and now have to get ranger. Well it keeps us busy in the game.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 09:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel you're probably right, though I thought it would be a cool battlefield if they kept it similar zergrush style. But yeah, we'd all die.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-01 09:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
For comparison, VD AAGK can do a 8000 damage Fudo. How is any player supposed to survive that?

Protect, full PDT, scherzo and EA?

(Have no idea if it's enough since i never tried, just a suggestion)

Pretty sure I read VD AAGK is the easiest for melee setup due to one hit TP moves (i.e. procs scherzo). But i have a memory of a goldfish these days
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-04-01 09:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »

This. I would actually like the AI to be different every time, but the game may be a little too old for that to be fixed. Would like an NM to one-shot a PLD in one run and make em go "WTH that didn't happen on the last run!"

Another thing SE could do is add a randomized system in which two jobs are selected upon battlefield entry, in which one job receives a bonus while the other receives a penalty.

Upon entering a particular battlefield, you'd be informed of the bonus/penalty in effect. It might be that COR receives a bonus modifier to damage output and a reduction in enmity, while RNG receives a penalty of increased enmity, with all enmity-masking abilities rendered useless. The jobs would be chosen at random for each battle, and could be any job, including those that are not in your party.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-01 09:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
For comparison, VD AAGK can do a 8000 damage Fudo. How is any player supposed to survive that?

Protect, full PDT, scherzo and EA?

(Have no idea if it's enough since i never tried, just a suggestion)

Pretty sure I read VD AAGK is the easiest for melee setup due to one hit TP moves (i.e. procs scherzo). But i have a memory of a goldfish these days

Protect won't do sh!t, but the rest is a good start. It'll kill you unless you have over 2000 HP, and that doesn't count his follow up attack's or aoe attacks. And yeah GK is by far the easiest to do with melee cause other then the one move, everything else is single shadow attacks. You can even do him on D if your DD's all have the same damage output so they can rotate hate. GK kills you when one DD does noticeably more damage then the rest and ends up blinking too many attacks, no shadows left futilely trying to cast Ichi with Ni at 5s remaining. EV, HM and MR on the other hand, nothing can protect you, they will cheese you to death.
 Fenrir.Camiie
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-04-01 09:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
While I do agree that the fights should have more of a casual access, complaining about not having jobs for it or gear is only a result of peoples lack of initiative. I have seen groups win AA normal fights in spark gear. Not having the time or availability to get into a good ls is understandable, not having the money to buy a relic or mythic is understandable if you play time sucks. not having some kind of decent gear including spark gear, being skilled with macros and an understanding of your job, or not switching jobs so you can get the gear you want; not understandable.

Not all of us have every job pre-leveled or can predict SE's or the player base's Flavor of the Month.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6