2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon Gear sets Delve 2.0
Dragoon Gear sets Delve 2.0
By Fasaga 2014-04-12 10:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Thanks for the heads up Martel.

I can typically maintain all 4 hits on dragoon as it is, so that's not a problem, nor is 24% gear haste in a capped magic/ability haste situation, though of course, ideally, everyone wants capped gear haste. I could swap into Lancer's Plackart +2 with ease, if I could find at least STP+1 somewhere else, which does make it a viable - alternative set to use.
How often does this actually happen? It's my understanding that in the case of DRG, you are often times at best capping out at 78.71
(25 Gear, 43.75 Magic, 9.96 hasso) and that to in fact reach the delay cap, you need haste samba from a dnc or /dnc in your group.
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-17 16:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've eyeballed some sets, and rather incorrectly putting things through the spreadsheet like I usually do, I came up with a set based off of some gear that I have. I'm assuming that the new polearm is better than Upu, but with the limited discussion of drg gear on the forums that could be completely wrong. Does this set look ok?

ItemSet 321382
By dragomair 2014-04-17 17:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel said: »
I've eyeballed some sets, and rather incorrectly putting things through the spreadsheet like I usually do, I came up with a set based off of some gear that I have. I'm assuming that the new polearm is better than Upu, but with the limited discussion of drg gear on the forums that could be completely wrong. Does this set look ok?

ItemSet 321382

What augments on the cizin and path on the Xaddi?
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-17 19:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

STP path on Xaddi, and I have not augmented the cizin yet as I still need to get 2 ki to +1. What should I expect out of the cizin? Acc or double attack? I figured I don't have to worry about crit because I don't have ryu.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-04-18 07:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

STP path on Xaddi, and I have not augmented the cizin yet as I still need to get 2 ki to +1. What should I expect out of the cizin? Acc or double attack? I figured I don't have to worry about crit because I don't have ryu.

If you are never going to make a ryu than cizin with DA becomes the better augment. I would say DA and Acc for modern content.

As for the new polearm beating upukirex; unless you need the STP to reach an x-hit, Upu should still win. Yes the new polearm has 3 more DMG, but you are losing 13 str, 20 acc, 10 att, and 2% crit rate. Those stats make up for the difference in DMG pretty easily, especially against modern content.

Now.. You could use the new weapon to add something better to another gear slot, replacing a STP piece... But I can't really think of anything too game changing. Maybe Celt belt over goading? Or Ejekamal boots over mikinaak?

The only non-relic or non-ryu weapon I would use over Upu is skirmish +2 polearm with the same or higher DMG, acc or str aug, and +5% WSDMG. Even that would be a negligible upgrade at best.
 Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel
By Ragnarok.Flyingsquirrel 2014-04-18 12:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Reichleiu said: »

If you are never going to make a ryu than cizin with DA becomes the better augment. I would say DA and Acc for modern content.

As for the new polearm beating upukirex; unless you need the STP to reach an x-hit, Upu should still win. Yes the new polearm has 3 more DMG, but you are losing 13 str, 20 acc, 10 att, and 2% crit rate. Those stats make up for the difference in DMG pretty easily, especially against modern content.

Now.. You could use the new weapon to add something better to another gear slot, replacing a STP piece... But I can't really think of anything too game changing. Maybe Celt belt over goading? Or Ejekamal boots over mikinaak?

The only non-relic or non-ryu weapon I would use over Upu is skirmish +2 polearm with the same or higher DMG, acc or str aug, and +5% WSDMG. Even that would be a negligible upgrade at best.

Thank you so much for this response, it really helped me see things a little bit better. With 492 delay what STP do i need to obtain x-hit?

[edit] Nevermind, I will look back through forums because I'm sure there's an answer there. I'm sure Martel alone has answered that question 50 times.
By Presidentmerman 2014-04-18 12:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You aren't allowed to play DRG squirrel PUP onry!
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-18 12:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much for this response, it really helped me see things a little bit better. With 492 delay what STP do i need to obtain x-hit?

[edit] Nevermind, I will look back through forums because I'm sure there's an answer there. I'm sure Martel alone has answered that question 50 times.
Here's an excel spreadsheet I made way back when for figuring out my hit build, including jumps.
Media fire link
and an image of it.
Makes it pretty simple to see if and where you're short on STP. And how your jumps are factoring in.

If anyone finds any issues or mistake in the math, let me know.

Disclaimer:Having a perfect hit build isn't always the best DPS option. While this is useful for figuring out your needed STP, I suggest you use motenten's DPS sheets to compare actual builds to each other. They're far more in depth. For example, My sheet in no way accounts for conserve TP, etc.

Oh, this also doesn't account for jump TP bonus gear, beyond lancer feet. I don't use any of it, and what are you using old jumps for anyway? <,<;
By Ophannus 2014-04-19 23:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to find a decent use for Tripudo Earring for a non mythic DRG. I guess it COULD be used for a 5hit but you're gonna lose 2-5% DA either way. Its only 3 more STP and 2 attack over Steel/Blade but at the cost of 2-3 acc and 2-5% DA depending on if you pair it with Brutal or not.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-04-20 20:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Trying to find a decent use for Tripudo Earring for a non mythic DRG. I guess it COULD be used for a 5hit but you're gonna lose 2-5% DA either way. Its only 3 more STP and 2 attack over Steel/Blade but at the cost of 2-3 acc and 2-5% DA depending on if you pair it with Brutal or not.

You use it so you can replace a different STP item.. Like using Ejekamal over mikinaak feet or Cetl over goading. Also very nice for maintaining some kind of X-hit with your acc setup due to the +polearm skill. Pair it wil Brutal and it's only a loss of 2% DA, but then if you use ejek boots or Cetl you will make up for the multiattack loss and actually gain a little more dps. Certainly means you can absolutely avoid goading in your jump sets, which is an amazing thing.