Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Cor/Rng
Cor/Rng
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-03-25 14:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There's just a ton of stuff about Windower 4 and the like I need to explore.

I've been stuck in a set method for years and getting a new PC has forced me to abandon a few of those methods, and I think the rest could use an overhaul while I'm at it.

It's too bad Spellcast .xmls give me a headache just to look at, though I find spellcast to be of questionable use on DD jobs. Some things are helpful, but some things slow you down, too.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-25 14:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

old windower had it too! spellcast shortcuts, same thing. for me it's a lot easier to type out something like

//c3 seha

or

//c3 me

than to navigate a macro palette/target someone or to use fkeys.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-25 14:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
A lot of the things I've got set are so reflexive now though that change might be really hard to do
So much this. A lot of my macros are placed in a very non intuitive pattern, but I simply have the muscle memory and execute everything fast. If I were to change them I'd be slower even if they were organized better(for a while anyway, surely one can train again but QQ)

As a matter of fact when SE changed the spell order in the menu my whm life was ruined(yes I know I can manually move them).
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-03-25 15:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
just want to say that windower shortcuts > all other methods of spellcasting etc.

//c3 nameshortcut

Yeah, and that file can be edited to add more macros as well! For example, I have //hym for Goddess Hymmus. I also have //hummus if I panic and can't spell or in case I get hungry.
 Odin.Shuinam
Server: Odin
user: Tyrael
By Odin.Shuinam 2014-03-25 19:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing COR as my main (back then 75) since it was released and /RNG used to be the best sub. Cor has gone through some phases over the past years and wher eit was used heavily (thigns like VW) /mage seemed most useful. Recently though, COR has gotten (imo) the best ilvl gear upgrades in reforged AF/Relic and /RNG is a great option for T2 Delves. If you have top gear, /WAR is also good or even /SAM if you can support it. We can really do some damage now from a /ra aspect; however I would not hold it against someone if they didnt have /rng ready for tojil. TBH im not sure hwy they would ask that, and would be weary of joining future runs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-03-26 09:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shuinam said: »
We can really do some damage now from a /ra aspect; however I would not hold it against someone if they didnt have /rng ready for tojil.

According to my experience since 75 era:

1. Melee COR with multi-hit weapon @lv 75 bird camp
2. Buffed WF COR/BLM or COR/BLU in VW before SoA, especially on B.rex and 3 KI PW BC
3. Super buffed COR/WAR melee + last stand in zerg situation before SoA
4. Melee COR in delve 1 Ceizak

Those 4 situations are where COR were closest to real DD in terms of dmg. I've never manage to, or seen anyone do close to real DD dmg with /RNG and only shoot. The speed of /ra is just that slow, compare with RNG the gap is pretty big too, since COR shoot much slower than RNG, but they swing daggers at same the speed as other melee in melee mode, and WF was more OP than physical WS on certain NM at that time.

COR /ra and spam WF used to work very well in VW if WF is buffed properly, but that's mostly because TP wing spam close the gap.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Whm sub was never needed for Legion, if it was you had terrible support.

Sorry if /WHM saved me my precious time to find a god like support that can cure 5 melee and haste everyone with zero error. Better than spend hours and hours finding a god like WHM so I can DD, only to land a few bullets on NM before they die.

No SJ is ever "needed" for this job, you can even play with no SJ at all. Just that some SJ works better for others.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-26 09:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How about non mule bards that do more than sing and afk? The point is, in an event where additional white magic isn't required, even being at the bottom of the parser is better than nothing. Xk damage might not be a lot compared to the dds, but still contributes in taking down a mob faster..why is this even a question is beyond me.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-03-26 09:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I must point out I don't specifically hold anything against people who /whm on cor and go pure support. I guess in some ways it can make them more of a team player. Which is why I still do it myself when asked by my ls leader (who, for all the crap I give her about mistreating her corsairs, does her best to get everyone in on preferred jobs and roles).

I just feel corsair has support damage potential equal to or exceeding their potential for support magery and the former is my preferred playstyle.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-03-27 07:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
How about non mule bards that do more than sing and afk? The point is, in an event where additional white magic isn't required, even being at the bottom of the parser is better than nothing. Xk damage might not be a lot compared to the dds, but still contributes in taking down a mob faster..why is this even a question is beyond me.

Whether the BRD sing and afk or not isn't the main point. In an event where additional white magic isn't required, 1% of dmg is better than nothing. In a team that additional white magic make the run smoother, additional white magic is better than extra dmg. Why is this even an argument = =
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-27 08:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes me happy when I can /rng, /dnc or /war but it doesnt bother me going anything else thats requested. Though id rather have the DDs fully buffed and no debuffs on them than me getting a little bit of joy from a sub. We do very nice damage now but any cor that whines about going a certain sub should just be dropped from the event. Its not like its 2007/8 again and there being hardly any cors around theres loads. As for the OP I can see why he did it as low man but if the DDs are that crap that the cor has to pick up the slack they shouldnt be low manning.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-27 08:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
In an event where additional white magic isn't required, 1% of dmg is better than nothing. In a team that additional white magic make the run smoother, additional white magic is better than extra dmg. Why is this even an argument = =
What the hell is wrong with you? That's what I've always said.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-27 08:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

if cor can hit it and won't be one shotted by anything, cor should be hitting it

screw making anyone else sub dnc, and not having box step on endgame is stupid

/war is for gimps who think their damage is making up the alliance, possibly for groups of 4 or less or groups including a dnc.. /rng is trash

ranged attack is only useful if you can't melee, and odds are you'd be better off going /mage if that's the case anyway
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-27 08:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen a cor parsing just below the rngs (granted most aren't the best rngs, majority of them were using em. gun in that run) with a racc of 96% on bird (marjami fracture MB).

I think in this situation cor/rng doesn't hurt because your pt isn't really gonna get hit, the pld doesn't need any more support than the whm in his party. Not sure how well /dnc will venture since i cant' really gauge how hard any of the bird TP move will hurt the cor with only pld in melee range.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-27 08:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If the event you're doing uses melees then go melee too, if you're using a party of rangers..well, it would be stupid to be the only melee.
[+]