Marjami Ravine Delve Setup + Strategy
First Page 2 3 4
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 02:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This guide is old and there are multiple setups to do this event but still works none the less.

Job setup:
Party 1: PLD RNG RNG COR WHM BRD
Party 2: RNG RNG RNG COR WHM BRD
Party 3: RDM GEO BRD COR SMN RUN

T1: Broxa
Buff inside at entrance, have rng's and other jobs hug wall at entrance away from tunnel. Have 1 PLD pull NM to middle of entrance clearing and let rng's decoy. RDM and GEO run behind NM in the tunnel and take turns casting Impact then running out of casting range. Have everyone full attack while NM is casting. Easy fight ,2 mins. Blood pacts too when impact is casting by NM.

T2 Plaguevein bats:
Full Attack

T3 Hakawai:
SIlence for Blue !! Full Attack

T4 Ironbeak Inguza:
Poison Pots up, PLD's tank then turn for frigid shuffle.
Full Attack

T5 Podarge:
Use high tier ice magic to limit its moves. Don't WS during its TP moves.

Mega Boss: Cailimh
Have geo 2hr Indi-Failty at start of fight. @ start have Rngs 2hr in intervals of 30 seconds w/ decoy to have a smooth start. @ %75SMN can astral flow or save it and use @ 50% , cor's wild card at 50% as well.

Feel free to add anything. Found this way to be alot easier than other setups. Its flexible tho.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 02:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

you can switch mage party cor out w/ sch for faster impacts if you want, just means smn's won't have pet buffs
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-21 02:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We beat this quite easily with a party of 6, def don't need a full 18.

Rng Rng Whm Cor Brd Pld. Cor was fully geared and helped dd.

Went again later to help get ppl some wins with Brd Rng Rng Cor Rng Rng | pld whm brd cor.

For the T1, we just had the whm use addle and spam t2 spells. It will reflect and take extra damage while casting, like mentioned, so save your ws for during casting.

For the T4, it's sleep/curse move can be avoided by standing 20.0 away from it. If curse move goes off, it needs to be sacced.

Didn't remove the aura off the mega boss. Not sure if this is ideal with melees. The dispel move is the only move he uses if you don't, and it's easy to deal with with just a pld.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 03:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

nice, yea i seen the screenshots of how other groups are going, for 18 this setup works fine , might be tricky w/ undergeared peeps tho
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 03:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
We beat this quite easily with a party of 6, def don't need a full 18.

Rng Rng Whm Cor Brd Pld. Cor was fully geared and helped dd.

Went again later with Brd Rng Rng Cor Rng Rng | pld whm brd cor.

For the T4, it's sleep/curse move can be avoided by standing 20.0 away from it. If curse move goes off, it needs to be sacced.

Didn't remove the aura off the mega boss. Not sure if this is ideal with melees. The dispel move is the only move he uses if you don't, and it's easy to deal with with just a pld.
what did you do for T1 on 6 man run?
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-21 03:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited my original post.

We didn't do any sort of blizzard stuff on the harpy either. Just kept scherzo on the pld, and we were fine, outside one time when it was dispelled and wail hit for like 3500. Make sure no one is closer than 15.
[+]
 Bahamut.Menty
user: mental
By Bahamut.Menty 2014-03-21 03:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Calipso.

Stone III worked perfectly well for us on Broxa. It is key to do regulated casting one second after he has reflected his last spell.

For Majarmi have your Paladin sub Rune Fencer, it gives a clear advantage for Hakawai & his Chainspell and for use on Cailimh.

On Cailimh obviously use Runes & job ability's though your ability's will be dispelled often.

The boss will consistently use the dispel move (Ive forgotten the name too), so your Support will need to use Shell V > Cure > Paralyna through out the course of the battle.

Without Rune fencer Paladin was taking 600 & with 240 a time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 03:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i see the addle part, completely read over that and missed it. Pretty clever too, maybe 7 man w/ a geo w/ twilight to impact when addle is up. should die fast too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-03-21 04:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

For the tier 5, how do you prevent it from one shotting the pld (especially if you don't have tier 5 ice spells)?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 04:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ok ran a 6 man, T1 went down fast enough , wiped on T4 tho, too many links on PLD, didn't stay with group and ran through tons of mobs but the setup works perfect for 6 man as pld rngx2 cor brd whm
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 05:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
For the tier 5, how do you prevent it from one shotting the pld (especially if you don't have tier 5 ice spells)?

Ice shot should work fine if COR's are up to par
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2014-03-21 05:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

>< as always the classical RNG RNG etc

This begin to piss me off, but happy to see is killable ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2014-03-21 05:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like I'm going to 119 my gun.

Nice rate up +++++
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-21 06:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »

I need to update my QD sets and my Ice Shots were doing 1500 damage, not sure if it should be substantially higher than that or not.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 06:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

I need to update my QD sets and my Ice Shots were doing 1500 damage, not sure if it should be substantially higher than that or not.

pretty sure its cumulative ice dmg, i hit him twice back to back and he eased up on it
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-03-21 06:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »

pretty sure its cumulative ice dmg, i hit him twice back to back and he eased up on it
This was from experience outside, we didn't have a PLD, just a mnk as solo DD, he got killed by something and it came straight for me, so I just stood there shooting, doing Last Stands and Ice Shots until the MNKs weakness wore off, was fun.

Needed to be cured a lot mind.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-21 12:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

so far 6 man is cool to do in spare time, i'm starting to prefer this zone as 18 man, lots of excitement
 Bahamut.Snapshot
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-21 12:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Adds seem to be only issue on 6man.
[+]
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-21 12:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't WS during its TP moves.
What happens if you do? does it reset the accumulative ice damage?

If that's the case then that might explain why ice seems ineffective for us @_@;
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-21 12:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, we didn't even try blizzard anything. We heard about it but weren't really sure what it did so we just kinda ignored it.

A scherzo on the paladin was fine, just make sure brd is watching and reapplies when it gets dispelled. If he dies, shadowbind and raise, ours was able to tank easily enough while weakened.

For the most part we just let adds stay on the paladin through nms, but on harpy we killed them all before touching her.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-03-21 13:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, we didn't even try blizzard anything. We heard about it but weren't really sure what it did so we just kinda ignored it.

A scherzo on the paladin was fine, just make sure brd is watching and reapplies when it gets dispelled. If he dies, shadowbind and raise, ours was able to tank easily enough while weakened.

For the most part we just let adds stay on the paladin through nms, but on harpy we killed them all before touching her.

This has not been our experience (18 man). I've seen different PLD take between 2-3k dmg with scherzo up. Shadowbind also didn't stick for us at all, but sleep was useful to a degree.

She's either very angry when you go in with 18, or our PLD's didn't notice scherzo being dispelled, despite insisting it was still up.

Either way, I'd also like to know the thoughts behind not WS'ing during TP moves.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-03-21 13:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Think she just derped a bit on the Shadowbind part, we've never had it stick on Harpy either. We just had our BRD Troubadour Lullaby it when I died that one time. And I haven't gotten 1-shotted yet by Ravenous Wail with Scherzo up, but I *have* fell to like 100 HP (which is why we get rid of adds before engaging). I use HP food also.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-22 08:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

This has not been our experience (18 man). I've seen different PLD take between 2-3k dmg with scherzo up. Shadowbind also didn't stick for us at all, but sleep was useful to a degree.

She's either very angry when you go in with 18, or our PLD's didn't notice scherzo being dispelled, despite insisting it was still up.

Either way, I'd also like to know the thoughts behind not WS'ing during TP moves.

When T5 is using TP moves its evasion shoots up, but i'm pretty sure RNG's can still hit w/ songs rolls food and geo's eva down bubble. I tell everyone not to ws during tp moves but its bound to happen and not really noticable.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-22 09:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »

We have had Ravenous Wail do 3600 to our tank with Scherzo up, and somethign called Minstral Shriek for 4200+, again with scherzo
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-03-22 09:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there confirmation that T5 Blizzard will actually proc the Celaeno? or is it just a theory?

Also, has anyone discovered any other gimmicks to proc the Apkallu? I know there is the Frigid Shuffle technique, but it usually still takes longer than hoped.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-22 09:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
Is there confirmation that T5 Blizzard will actually proc the Celaeno? or is it just a theory?

Also, has anyone discovered any other gimmicks to proc the Apkallu? I know there is the Frigid Shuffle technique, but it usually still takes longer than hoped.

I have animations disabled and stuff so i've never personally seen a blue !!, but i can say that when substantial ice dmg is being dealt he doesn't use TP moves as often. That much is true. Shiva and good geo's make it work for bigger groups. On low man its prob best to just bead T5 out unless you want to go w/ 7 people and bring geo.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2014-03-22 09:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks! In a 12-man group right now and I'm on RDM so I'll let you know how it goes ^^
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-03-22 09:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
Cool thanks! In a 12-man group right now and I'm on RDM so I'll let you know how it goes ^^

yea lemme know if its the same for ya'll, geos and rdm spamming high tier ice magic w/ ballads can handle it
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-22 10:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is magic bursting stone V not a necessity on cailimh? Like it says on BG.
two setups I'm looking at:
PLD PLD WHM BRD SCH GEO
RNG RNG RNG COR BRD WHM
MNK/run SAM SMN COR BRD WHM

PLD RNG RNG COR WHM BRD
PLD RNG RNG COR WHM BRD
SCH GEO BRD COR SMN SMN
First Page 2 3 4