Forum » FFXI » General » Records of Eminence "Impermanence"
Records of Eminence "Impermanence"
First Page 2
 Sylph.Googlebonker
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Googlebonker 2014-03-20 21:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The sixth Records of Eminence quest, "Impermanence," seems to be a riddle. Its description says, "Gather up a vessel that has lost its light and a stolen intellect, then offer these two hollow entities to a mage who resides within a hall where the Goddess is both venerated and detested."

I was thinking maybe Faded crystal or Unlit lantern for the "vessel that has lost its light," but is a Faded crystal really a vessel?

I searched "stolen" on BGWiki, and the Windurst Waters quest "Making the Grade" popped up.

Got any ideas?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Vafruvant 2014-03-22 16:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

IS this a test server thing? I only have 4 quests in my completed log.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2014-03-22 16:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Stolen intellect a memory item from Promyvian zones? Unlit lantern makes sense, and got me thinking maybe a memory sphere use for map quest in the emptiness zones perhaps?
 Quetzalcoatl.Cementfoot
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Drd
By Quetzalcoatl.Cementfoot 2014-03-22 17:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Vafruvant said: »
IS this a test server thing? I only have 4 quests in my completed log.

Nope if you have 200 spark quest completed talk to the guy next to Enternal flame and click listen to his story then go back to jeuno take to taru u will get #5 which is Golded Rule all u do for that is raise some1 as for the #6 Impermanence i dont know how many you need to flag or who flags it Didnt try to figure it out last night was late
By Vafruvant 2014-03-22 17:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh cool, thank you!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-03-22 23:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Try trading a Mana Barrel and Doll Gizmo to the Tonberry Priest in the Temple of Uggalepih. Both items are stolen from NMs in the zone.

The "hall" certainly sounds like the Temple and that Priest is the only "mage" you can trade anything to. It occurred to me that a "stolen intellect" might be the Doll Gizmo you literally steal from the doll NM.
 Sylph.Shipp
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-03-23 00:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't there some quest in the Sandy Cathedral where someone in it disagrees with the worship of Altana or something? There's also a WHM at the top of the stairs there. I would have said Hall of the Gods since one or two of the statues are falling apart, but I don't recall an NPC being in there.

The wording is a bit ambiguous. It doesn't necessarily state that the mage within a hall is actually in a hall where you find the items. Unless I'm not remembering something correctly, is there actually worship and detest of Altana within the Temple of Ugg?

Also, what about Absorb-Int as the "stolen intellect" item?
By Qualandre 2014-03-23 00:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Googlebonker said: »
Its description says, "Gather up a vessel that has lost its light and a stolen intellect, then offer these two hollow entities to a mage who resides within a hall where the Goddess is both venerated and detested."
this screams the temple of ugglepleh. She was hated and made hideous as punishment I think and tonberrys still love the hell out of her lol
 Sylph.Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-03-23 01:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Qualandre said: »
Sylph.Googlebonker said: »
Its description says, "Gather up a vessel that has lost its light and a stolen intellect, then offer these two hollow entities to a mage who resides within a hall where the Goddess is both venerated and detested."
this screams the temple of ugglepleh. She was hated and made hideous as punishment I think and tonberrys still love the hell out of her lol
I was thinking it was about Altana. Completely forgot about Uggalepih actually being a goddess.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-03-23 03:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds more like Hall of the Gods, since it says a "hall" and not a "temple" or something. Hall of the Gods has Altana and Promathia statues, which can be viewed as venerated and detested. The mage is probably Yve'noile.

However, the more I think about it, it really does sound like Uggalepih, and an Unlit Lantern+Doll Gizmo/Mana Barrel to the Tonberry NPC.

Edit: There's nothing really targetable in Hall of the Gods, and I tried trading the Tonberry Priest in Uggalepih a combination of Faded Crystal, Doll Gizmo, Mana Barrel and Unlit Lantern, and nothing. Not sure if there's another "mage" NPC there, but any other clue may be this San d'Orian Elite they mention in the Grudge cutscene, and the person named "D" who hands you these letters.

Also, there's a 7th quest, Panta Rhei: "Amass the purest, the most ephemeral, and the most corrupt of tears, then carry them to a certain precipice that looks out upon an ancient magical city.
 Quetzalcoatl.Cementfoot
user: Drd
By Quetzalcoatl.Cementfoot 2014-03-23 06:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i wasnt able to get on yesterday due work and same prob with today to save me time if some1 wants to be nice how you flag #6 who gives it if not taru and how many quest need to be completed
By Vafruvant 2014-03-23 06:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I still can't figure out #6 myself, but perhaps #7 has something to do with Fei'Yin?

Edit: You need 200 completed for #5 and 250 for #6.

Re-edit: You "flag" #5 from Duberasson in Western Adoulin (as mentioned above) however it does not truly become an objective until you go talk to Nantoto in Lower Jeuno. #6, however, is unlocked purely through Nantoto once you have 250 objectives completed.
 Sylph.Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-03-23 13:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »
Sounds more like Hall of the Gods, since it says a "hall" and not a "temple" or something. Hall of the Gods has Altana and Promathia statues, which can be viewed as venerated and detested. The mage is probably Yve'noile.

However, the more I think about it, it really does sound like Uggalepih, and an Unlit Lantern+Doll Gizmo/Mana Barrel to the Tonberry NPC.

Edit: There's nothing really targetable in Hall of the Gods, and I tried trading the Tonberry Priest in Uggalepih a combination of Faded Crystal, Doll Gizmo, Mana Barrel and Unlit Lantern, and nothing. Not sure if there's another "mage" NPC there, but any other clue may be this San d'Orian Elite they mention in the Grudge cutscene, and the person named "D" who hands you these letters.

Also, there's a 7th quest, Panta Rhei: "Amass the purest, the most ephemeral, and the most corrupt of tears, then carry them to a certain precipice that looks out upon an ancient magical city.
Maybe Siren's, Yorcia's, and Freya's tears? Kinda sounds a bit like you take it somewhere in sky. Could also be talking about one of the deserts since Quicksand Caves used to be a city, though I'd classify Tu'lia as magical long before QSC. >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-03-23 16:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an 8th quest, unknown how to flag it right now, but according to JP wiki, it's soloing Apademek in Uleguerand Range. They also have no idea how to complete the other quests, and their help text gives as much info as english does.
 Cerberus.Leauce
Server: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-03-23 23:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

if you still have the items, try heading to I-8 (the room w/ the paintings) in the temple and trading the items to the stone picture frame with the image depicting an "old mage carrying a staff".
i would myself, but im having terrible luck stealing from the NMs (which makes me think mana barrel isnt the stolen intelect item).

also, theres a stone picture frame depicting an image of "a beautiful landscape" (looks to be ro'maeve).
maybe this is the ancient city for "Panta Rhei".
try trading tears to this if you have them.
By Kikorimo 2014-03-24 01:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahriman tears could be a thing, and maybe in Xarcabard? I'm just throwing this out there. The expedition that led to the shadow lord being a thing talks about stuff under the ice, then of course there are the ruins in the glacier, the castle, and precipices everywhere lol... It was just a thought anyways... *sulks back into the shadows*
By Xavierr 2014-03-24 01:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I'm a step behind asking this question but for the previous quest when the Taru mentions going to Lufaise meadows, what am I supposed to do. I ran around that entire zone and did not find anything or get any CS... thx
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-03-24 01:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a quest, the dragon she mentions is just an easter egg that appears over the lake in Lufaise at like, 14:00? game time each day. She just tells you about little secrets to go find, it's nothing major. The floating flower in Konschtat is a glitch they never fixed, and it's pretty funny they talk about it.

@Leauce I'll try that later, good idea.

Edit: No dice, but I may have the wrong items. Faded Crystal, Mana Barrel, Doll Gizmo and Unlit Lantern all didn't work.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-03-24 03:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This quest seems talk about Buddhism rules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_marks_of_existence

Hall of the Gods is for me the good place cause the statue of altana(venerated) and promethia(detested) are here.

but i have no idea about the item.
i hope isn't that ^^
vial of umbral marrow
 Sylph.Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-03-24 15:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Bleh, didn't see that you tried the faded crystal already.

Have you tried trading the different items to the WHM NPC in the Sandy Cathedral just for shiggles?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-03-24 16:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shipp said: »
Edit: Bleh, didn't see that you tried the faded crystal already.

Have you tried trading the different items to the WHM NPC in the Sandy Cathedral just for shiggles?

No, because the JP text for the quest says to find a mage in the corridor where hateful sons worship the goddess. That to me screams Uggalepih, I just think I have the wrong items now.

Text also says "Brain that was stolen, and a vessel that has lost it's light." It's definitely brain, not intellect, intelligence, etc, just says brain.
By Lishje 2014-03-24 17:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that comes to mind is an Aern organ / H.Q. Aern organ.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-03-24 19:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the japanese translation:

Vessel that lost light and deprived brain. The presence of emptiness of these two align, the lingering mage is dedicated in the goddess fearing and detesting children's corridor.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-03-25 04:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

JPwiki say:
Uggalepih temple MAP 2, (room I-7 ~ I-8 paintbrush soul (of the room with the Akutobira in), "picture of sorcerers who raised the cane" paintbrush of the soul of the picture to use the front picture) to discoloration Crystal and nuts of stars damaged the trade then clear .

bruised starfruit
faded crystal
trade the 2 items together to the mage picture in ugga.

i just finish that work 348/348
[+]
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-25 04:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, a Bruised Starfruit. That is obscure.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-03-25 06:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Now need find the 7th quest, Panta Rhei: "Amass the purest, the most ephemeral, and the most corrupt of tears, then carry them to a certain precipice that looks out upon an ancient magical city.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-03-25 06:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be Light Crystal/Cluster and Ahriman Tears and the place sounds like the cliff overlooking Fei'yin.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2014-03-25 08:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

with Doryll, we think about Starfall tear
First Page 2