users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » New Delve weps
New Delve weps
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-03-20 20:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Im looking at the new Delve weps and i'm really not seeing the advantage to spending 300k plasm (boss) vrs 150k (NQ NMs) vrs old delve boss Weps. For the 300k new boss weps sure they are better but double the plasm better? i didn't see anything that makes them so much better like T1 delve weps vrs boss weps.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-03-20 20:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bosses in the new Delve are giving 90,000 Plasm when killed. SE just wants to punish people who intend to cruise along on easy-mode instead of going after the new content.

Whether individual weapons are better or not depends more on the specific weapon you're referring to.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-20 20:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Im looking at the new Delve weps and i'm really not seeing the advantage to spending 300k plasm (boss) vrs 150k (NQ NMs) vrs old delve boss Weps. For the 300k new boss weps sure they are better but double the plasm better? i didn't see anything that makes them so much better like T1 delve weps vrs boss weps.

Wrong analysis. A "nq" weapon dont cost 150k. it cost actually 150k+700k for airlixir+2=850k to cap rank.

Up to you to choose the "expensive" 300k.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-03-20 20:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

well lets look @ Great sword and scythe for instance. Great sword NQ vrs Boss , idk how the thunder thing works (maby weather? or thunder runes?) they are quite comparable the boss has more dmg but more delay (yes i know more delay is good but looking at base DoT) and the NQ can be augmented with airlixers. then the scythe is nearly identicle only boss has DA + 3 which is nice but again NQ can me auged with airlixers. yes one is 150k other is 300k am i missing anything?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-03-20 20:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

well you dont have
Pantafernando said: »

Wrong analysis. A "nq" weapon dont cost 150k. it cost actually 150k+700k for airlixir+2=850k to cap rank.

well you don't have to augment with airlixers(but why wouldn't you) but also don't have to use plasm for them.

im talking more looking at the base wep stats it just doesn't seem like your getting a nice upgrade for weps when it comes to winning boss like we got with T1 delve.
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2014-03-20 20:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

well you dont have

well you don't have to augment with airlixers(but why wouldn't you) but also don't have to use plasm for them.

im talking more looking at the base wep stats it just doesn't seem like your getting a nice upgrade for weps when it comes to winning boss like we got with T1 delve.

If you have money, the airlixirs or not a probleme at all
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-03-20 20:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
well you dont have

my point exactly , why would you go for boss wep when u can get a NQ with maxed mezzotizing after a quick T4 or 5 NM kill?
By Sieha1 2014-03-20 21:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think he's getting it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-20 21:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

well you dont have

my point exactly , why would you go for boss wep when u can get a NQ with maxed mezzotizing after a quick T4 or 5 NM kill?

People used to pay billions for 2 extra Damage. Your reasoning is beyond stupid.

Its a better weapon, you go spend your gil on Lixir's, i'll do a couple more delves get a better weapon than you and you will... win the arguement? Oh right no, you will simply have watsed your gil instead of an extra 90 minutes getting a better weapon....
By Sieha1 2014-03-20 21:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he things the 'nq' weapons are better so why go and get a boss weapon if the nm's weapons are better.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2014-03-20 22:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
well you dont have

People used to pay billions for 2 extra Damage. Your reasoning is beyond stupid.

Its a better weapon, you go spend your gil on Lixir's, i'll do a couple more delves get a better weapon than you and you will... win the arguement? Oh right no, you will simply have watsed your gil instead of an extra 90 minutes getting a better weapon....

the new boss weps are really not all that great (the reason i made this thread)
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-21 09:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
well you dont have

the new boss weps are really not all that great (the reason i made this thread)

Hmm, I dunno.. I'm pretty excited to get this at some point. While it wont replace Tamaxchi, it's obviously a great idle/regen build piece.

EDIT: And I'd like this for my BST too. :o

By Sieha1 2014-03-21 09:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Not understanding damage calculations and utility or using dps spreadsheets causes a misunderstanding based on eyeballing stats.

if you dont think they are all that great then dont do delve, one less ****** **** in pugs to deal with.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-21 10:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The ilvl on the mezzotinted weapons accounts for max mezzotinted stats(that is, until you max them, they are less than what the ilvl says they are). So there would be more stats on the boss weapon, plus the actual benefit from the extra ilvl being added to your average ilvl.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-21 10:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
The ilvl on the mezzotinted weapons accounts for max mezzotinted stats(that is, until you max them, they are less than what the ilvl says they are). So there would be more stats on the boss weapon, plus the actual benefit from the extra ilvl being added to your average ilvl.

I don't believe you can mezzotint the boss weapons, unless I misunderstood your post.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-21 10:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The "NQ" weapons can be tinted, the "boss" weapons can not. Even with tinting, the "NQ" weapons should still fall short of the "boss" weapons for many reasons*.

*edit: lower total stats; lower ilvl; lower damage, etc
By Pantafernando 2014-03-21 11:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread sounds like its too hard to farm 150k plasm. All it takes is 2h to get it.

Just to avoid buying airlixir+2 is totally worth 150k plasm.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-21 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The new bosses are dropping 90k plasm, with the multiplier from the other NMs that's a good 100k plasm a run.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-03-21 12:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh the screams of mediocrity.

"Its too hard to get the better items, so i'm going to settle for the lower quality for less work."

You pay for the game, play it how you like. You probably could have not posted this thread, as it makes you look like you are a blatant underachiever who has no interest in shooting for the best.

I personally am not crazy about the stats on delve weapons either, but Its something to work towards if its better in sheer dmg potential, even if marginally better.
By Sieha1 2014-03-21 12:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There are also no new bandwagons aside from rng weapons so really delve weapons arent too important aside from that.

rngs can pretty much do relic or skirmish weapons with reforged af/relic and be done. mnk was even easier on the bandwagons since you just had to get oats and run around naked.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 13:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The "NQ" weapons can be tinted, the "boss" weapons can not. Even with tinting, the "NQ" weapons should still fall short of the "boss" weapons for many reasons*.

Huh....

The "NQ" weapons are all iLevel 119 with commiserate skill. The boss 119 weapons are just filling in for the missing ones from the previous delve. There is a 119 weapon for each category from the tier 4~5 NM's, then a few missing 119's from the boss's. The boss's 119 doesn't seem to be any better in absolute stats then the lower tier boss's 119's, many are just "different".

Ex
Tier 4~5 KI
Emxgha
Boss KI
Izizoeksi

The first one will get a +5 DMG augment to go with either attack or accuracy, the second one has it's stats built in. Path A augments are Atk +10 Str +7 DMG +3. Really disappointing but still pretty decent.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-23 13:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

Huh....

The "NQ" weapons are all iLevel 119 with commiserate skill. The boss 119 weapons are just filling in for the missing ones from the previous delve. There is a 119 weapon for each category from the tier 4~5 NM's, then a few missing 119's from the boss's. The boss's 119 doesn't seem to be any better in absolute stats then the lower tier boss's 119's, many are just "different".

Ex
Tier 4~5 KI
Emxgha
Boss KI
Izizoeksi

The first one will get a +5 DMG augment to go with either attack or accuracy, the second one has it's stats built in.

Also the first is ugly as *** and the second is ok.
This is a pickaxe ilv119 lol. To take mining to a new level.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-23 14:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also the first is ugly as *** and the second is ok.
This is a pickaxe ilv119 lol. To take mining to a new level.

I'd say 50% of the gear in this game is ugly as hell. You seen RUN's relic yet? Makes my eyes bleed.
By Moonwalkerv 2014-03-23 15:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

People are shortening the word 'weapons' now?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-23 15:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonwalkerv said: »
People are shortening the word 'weapons' now?

Tym is mny
[+]
By Kariana 2014-03-25 19:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How about some numbers. Does anyone know if what all the paths are? Are they like the armors and path C differs for each weapon. Some info would be awesome. Thank you.
By Sieha1 2014-03-25 21:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As with everything in this game, shits situational. The boss axe is better for bst pets but also the nm pick axe is also good but if a different way. lower level content the nm pick is better for evading hits and higher level content the boss axe is better since you just want to reduce damage and add some more stats.

pretty much bottom line, yes they are the same level and there isnt as much difference between them as there was in delve 1, however there is a difference and its up to you if you want to do delve to get them or not.

We dont have threads complaining about how bad byakko's axe is even augmented, just you dont do it and dont use it.

also if you want the stats on the augments for these weapons, go to bg. its all there just have put some effort and find it.
By myaihze 2014-03-26 14:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

would you mind posting a link? I have been unable to find them anywhere on bg. thank you if you do.
 Lakshmi.Aramaic
user: Aramaic
By Lakshmi.Aramaic 2014-03-26 15:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

All the info I have at this time.

H2H:
A: Atk +15 Str +12 Dmg +5
B: Acc +15 Dex +12 Dmg +5
C:

Dagger:
A: Atk +10 Str +7 Dmg +3
B: Acc +10 Dex +7 Dmg +3
C: Atk +10 Evas +10 DA +3

Sword:
A: Atk +10 Str +7 Dmg +3
B: Acc +10 Dex+7 Dmg +3
C:

Great Sword:
A: Atk, Str, Dmg
B: Acc, Dex, Dmg
C: HP, Acc, MDT -

Axe:
A:
B:
C: Atk Acc Pet Atk (Unsure of final numbers)

Great Axe:
A:
B:
C:

Scythe:
A:
B:
C: ATk, MAB, STP

Polearm:
A:
B:
C: