How Can I Be A Strictly Less Turrible Whm?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » How can I be a strictly less turrible whm?
How can I be a strictly less turrible whm?
First Page 2 3 4

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Sieha1 2014-03-17 16:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There is actually alot of info out there on writing scripts. Gearswap is an improved version of spellcast and there are pre-existing files for you to use that already have all the logic needed.

There is also a guide on this site for whms.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-17 16:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

karusanyoshi said: »
So, I have been playing this game on and off since its inception, and almost solely as support jobs - whm, brd, smn, sch. I've only slightly dabbled in EG activities - nyzul, salvage, abyssea, etc. Nothing too difficult. I never had a LS into legions or the hardcore stuff. I took a break just before Adoulin came out, and my equips were never too amazing - my biggest points of pride were things like Yinyang Robe

But I came back last month and was immediately picked up by a LS after shouting for one in Adoulin. I worked on a method of efficiency and going on and on for long periods of time with or without refresh. But going into my first 119 Delve with whitebox abyssea gear was the biggest shock I've ever had in this game - my teammates died over and over and over and after a few days of excitement from my LS of finally having a full-time WHM, the excitement quickly faded as they realized I'm not exactly up to par with modern FFXI end game.. and the gusto my LS had with planning events has diminished significantly. I know that I play a large role in this situation.

The biggest changes I need to/have made are putting together various gear sets, improving my cure speed, and learning spellcast.

When I played at 75 cap, I had a few sets of gear for my whitemage - one for curing, one for resting, one for enfeebling.. well, sets isn't exactly the right word - I'd macro in whatever pieces I could fit into the six lines, and if there were more that I needed, oh well. I played on multiple platforms so spellcast wasn't really an option.

I now play solely on PC, and am slowly learning how spellcast works. There is surprisingly very little info about how to write scripts - and I don't just want to use someone else's script because I want to be able to edit and tailor one for my own gear and playstyle, and I don't know what any of the coding or command words mean, nor do I know proper format. If anyone could point me in the direction of writing spellcasts, it would be greatly appreciated.

Since I joined my LS, I've been working my butt off to get relevant gear - I've been trying to get all the +2 gear for whm and smn, in addition to a few AF upgrades. The Tamax-club is my main goal now, and is probably the biggest obstacle standing between me and being a competent/well-geared whm, and I've been trying to go to every wkr in Yorcia to get it. I've also been playing whm in as many pickup groups as I can to get more practice in the mechanics.

If any veteran whm's can give some helpful tips that they used to get to where they are, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Use gearswap and load/edit this.
Code
function get_sets()

sets.aftercast_Idle_noSub = {main="Owleyes",sub="Genbu's Shield",ammo="Incantor Stone",
		head="Nefer Khat",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Heka's Kalasiris",hands="Serpentes Cuffs",ring1="Sirona's ring",ring2="Aquasoul Ring",
		back="Umbra Cape",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Nares Trews",feet="Serpentes Sabots"}

sets.aftercast_Idle_Sub = {main="Owleyes",sub="Genbu's Shield",ammo="Incantor Stone",
		head="Nefer Khat",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Heka's Kalasiris",hands="Serpentes Cuffs",ring1="Sirona's ring",ring2="Aquasoul Ring",
		back="Umbra Cape",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Nares Trews",feet="Serpentes Sabots"}

sets.aftercast_Idle = sets.aftercast_Idle_noSub

sets.aftercast_Move = {main="Owleyes",sub="Genbu's Shield",ammo="Incantor Stone",
		back="Umbra Cape",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Nares Trews",feet="Desert Boots"}

sets.precast_FastCast = {ammo="Incantor Stone",head="Nahtirah Hat",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Anhur Robe",hands="Gendewitha Gages",back="Swith Cape",legs="Orvail Pants",feet="Chelona Boots",waist="Siegel Sash"}

sets.precast_Cure = {ammo="Incantor Stone",head="Nahtirah Hat",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Heka's Kalasiris",hands="Gendewitha Gages",back="Pahtli Cape",legs="Orsn. Pantaln. +2",feet="Cure Clogs"}

sets.Resting = {main="Chatoyant Staff",sub="Mephitis Grip",
		head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Twilight Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Hagondes Coat",hands="Nares Cuffs",ring1="Sangoma Ring",ring2="Maquette Ring",
		back="Shadow Mantle",waist="Korin Obi",legs="Nares Trews",feet="Chelona Boots"}

sets.midcast_ElementalMagic = {ammo="Kalboron Stone",
	main="Eminent Staff",sub="Mephitis Grip",head="Nahtirah Hat",body="Hedera Cotehardie",hands="Otomi Gloves",legs="Theo. Pantaloons",feet="Nares Clogs",
	neck="Eddy Necklace",waist="Cascade Belt",left_ear="Hecate's Earring",right_ear="Friomisi Earring",left_ring="Maquette Ring",right_ring="Aquasoul Ring",
    back="Refraction Cape",}

sets.midcast_DarkMagic = {main="Eminent Staff",sub="Mephitis Grip",ammo="Incantor Stone",head="Nahtirah Hat",
	body="Hedera Cotehardie",hands="Gendewitha Gages",legs="Bokwus Slops",feet="Theo. Duckbills +1",neck="Eddy Necklace",waist="Cascade Belt",
    left_ear="Lifestorm Earring",right_ear="Psystorm Earring",left_ring="Maquette Ring",right_ring="Archon Ring",
    back="Refraction Cape",}	

sets.midcast_EnfeeblingMagic = { ammo="Kalboron Stone",
    main="Eminent Staff",sub="Mephitis Grip",head="Nahtirah Hat",body="Theo. Briault +1",hands="Lurid Mitts",legs="Bokwus Slops",feet="Theo. Duckbills +1",
    neck="Eddy Necklace",waist="Cascade Belt",left_ear="Lifestorm Earring",right_ear="Psystorm Earring",left_ring="Maquette Ring",right_ring="Aquasoul Ring",
    back="Refraction Cape",}

sets.midcast_EnfeeblingAccuracy = { ammo="Kalboron Stone",
    main="Eminent Staff",sub="Mephitis Grip",head="Nahtirah Hat",body="Theo. Briault +1",hands="Lurid Mitts",legs="Bokwus Slops",feet="Theo. Duckbills +1",
    neck="Enfeebling Torque",waist="Cascade Belt",left_ear="Lifestorm Earring",right_ear="Psystorm Earring",left_ring="Maquette Ring",right_ring="Sangoma Ring",
    back="Refraction Cape"}

sets.midcast_Impact = {main="Atinian Staff",sub="Wizzan Grip",ammo="Witchstone",
		neck="Eddy Necklace",ear1="Hecate's Earring",ear2="Novio Earring",
		hands="Yaoyotl Gloves",ring1="Strendu Ring",ring2="Icesoul Ring",
		back="Searing Cape",waist="Maniacus Sash",legs="Hagondes Pants",feet="Bokwus Boots"}

sets.midcast_Embrava = {main="Beneficus",
		head="Orison Cap +2",neck="Colossus's Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Orison Bliaud +2",hands="Augur's Gloves",
		back="Merciful Cape",waist="Cascade Belt",legs="Piety Pantaloons",feet="Orison Duckbills +1"}

sets.midcast_EnhancingRecast = {main="Beneficus",ammo="Incantor Stone",
		head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Colossus's Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Theo. briault +1",hands="Dynasty Mitts",
		back="Swith Cape",waist="Goading Belt",legs="Orvail Pants",feet="Piety Duckbills +1"}

sets.midcast_EnhancingMagic = {main="Beneficus",ammo="Incantor Stone",
		head="Nabu's tiara",neck="Colossus's Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Hyksos Robe",hands="Dynasty Mitts",
		back="Swith Cape",waist="Ninurta's Sash",legs="Piety Pantaloons",feet="Orsn. Duckbills +2"}

sets.midcast_BarSpell = {main="Beneficus",sub="Genbu's Shield",ammo="Incantor Stone",
		head="Orison Cap +2",neck="Colossus's Torque",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Orison Bliaud +2",hands="Orison Mitts +2",
		back="Merciful Cape",waist="Olympus Sash",legs="Piety Pantaloons",feet="Orison Duckbills +2"}

sets.midcast_Regen = set_combine(sets.midcast_BarSpell,{legs="Theophany pantaloons",feet="Gendewitha galoshes",body="Piety Briault"})	

sets.midcast_DebuffRemoval = {main="Yagrush",ammo="Incantor Stone",
		head="Orison Cap +2",neck="Malison Medallion",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",ear2="Loquacious Earring",
		body="Orison Bliaud +2",hands="Orison Mitts +2",ring1="Ephedra Ring", ring2="Ephedra Ring",
		back="Swith Cape",waist="Cascade Belt",legs="Theophany pantaloons",feet="Gendewitha Galoshes"}

sets.precast_Stun = {main="Apamajas II"}

sets.midcast_Curaga = {ammo="Incantor Stone",
    main="Tamaxchi",sub="Genbu's Shield",head="Gende. Caubeen",body="Theo. Briault +1",hands="Theo. Mitts +1",legs="Orsn. Pantaln. +2",
	feet="Piety Duckbills +1",neck="Nuna Gorget",waist="Cascade Belt",ear2="Cmn. Earring",ear1="Lifestorm Earring",left_ring="Sirona's Ring",
	right_ring="Aquasoul Ring",back="Pahtli Cape",}

sets.midcast_WCure = 
	{
    main="Chatoyant Staff",
    sub="Mephitis Grip",
    ammo="Incantor Stone",
    head="Gende. Caubeen",
    body="Orison Bliaud +2",
    hands="Bokwus Gloves",
    legs="Orsn. Pantaln. +2",
    feet="Piety Duckbills +1",
    neck="Colossus's Torque",
    waist="Korin Obi",
    left_ear="Roundel Earring",
    right_ear="Beatific Earring",
    left_ring="Sirona's Ring",
    right_ring="Ephedra Ring",
    back="Twilight Cape",
}

sets.midcast_Cure = {main="Tamaxchi",head="Gendewitha caubeen",neck="Colossus's Torque",
	body="Orison Bliaud +2",hands="Theo. Mitts +1",back="Tempered Cape",legs="Orsn. Pantaln. +2",
	ring1="Sirona's Ring", ring2="Ephedra Ring", feet="Theo. Duckbills +1", waist="Bishop's Sash",
	ear2="Beatific Earring", ear1="Roundel Earring"}

sets.midcast_Helix = {main="Chatoyant Staff",sub="Wizzan Grip",ammo="Snow Sachet",
		head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Stoicheion Medal",ear1="Hecate's Earring",ear2="Novio Earring",
		body="Nares Saio",hands="Nares Cuffs",ring1="Icesoul Ring",ring2="Icesoul Ring",
		back="Twilight Cape",waist="Wanion Belt",legs="Akasha Chaps",feet="Nares Clogs"}

sets.midcast_Stoneskin = set_combine(sets.midcast_BarSpell,{main="Benificus",neck="Stone Gorget",waist="Siegel Sash",legs="Haven Hose",Ear1="Earthcry Earring"})

sets.Obi = {}
	sets.Obi.Light = {waist='Korin Obi',back='Twilight Cape',lring='Chatoyant Staff'}

end

function precast(spell,action)
	if spell.skill=='HealingMagic' then
		if T{"Cure"}:contains(spell.name) and spell.cast_time < 6 then
		cast_delay(0.1)
		equip(sets.precast_Cure)
		end
		if T{"Curaga"}:contains(spell.name) and spell.cast_time < 15 then
		cast_delay(0.1)
		equip(sets.precast_Cure)
		else
		equip(sets['precast_FastCast'])
		cast_delay(0.1)
		end
	elseif spell.skill=='ElementalMagic' and spell.cast_time < 3 then
		cast_delay(0.1)
		equip(sets.midcast_ElementalMagic)
		if spell.element == 'Earth' then
			equip({neck="Quanpur Necklace"})
		end
		if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell_element == world.day_element and sets.Obi[spell.element] then
			equip(sets.Obi[spell.element])
		end
	elseif spell.skill == 'EnhancingMagic' then
		if T{"Barfira","Barfire","Barwater","Barwatera","Barstone","Barstonra","Baraero","Baraera","Barblizzara",
		"Barblizzard","Barthunder","Barthundra"}:contains(spell.name) then 
			equip (sets['midcast_BarSpell'])
		elseif T{"Paralyna","Silena","Viruna","Erase","Cursna","Stona","Blindna","Poisona"}:contains(spell.name) then
			equip (sets['midcast_DebuffRemoval'])
		else
		cast_delay(0.1)
		end
	else
		cast_delay(0.5)
	end
end

function midcast(spell,action)
	if spell.skill=='DivineMagic' then	
		equip(sets.midcast_ElementalMagic)

elseif spell.skill=='HealingMagic' then	
		if T{"Cure","Cure II","Cure III","Cure IV","Cure V","Cure VI"}:contains(spell.name) and spell.cast_time < 6 then
			if  world.day =='Lightsday' or  world.weather_element == 'Light'  or Buffactive == 'Aurorastorm'then
				equip(sets.midcast_WCure)
				else
				equip(sets.midcast_Cure)
				end
		elseif T{"Curaga","Curaga II","Curaga III","Curaga IV","Curaga V"}:contains(spell.name) and spell.cast_time < 6 then
		equip(sets.midcast_Curaga)
		elseif T{"Paralyna","Silena","Viruna","Erase","Cursna","Stona","Blindna","Poisona"}:contains(spell.name) then
		elseif T{"Protectra V","Shellra V"}:contains(spell.name) then
			equip(sets['midcast_Barspell'])
		else
		equip(sets.midcast_DebuffRemoval)
		end
	elseif spell.skill=="EnfeeblingMagic" then
			equip(sets.midcast_EnfeeblingMagic)
			if T{"Silence"}:contains(spell.name) then
			send_command('@wait 1;input /echo ------- Silence Landed -------')
			equip(sets.midcast_EnfeeblingAccuracy)
			end
	elseif spell.skill=="ElementalMagic" then
			equip(sets['midcast_Nuke'])
	elseif spell.skill == 'EnhancingMagic' then
		if T{"Barfira","Barfire","Barwater","Barwatera","Barstone","Barstonra","Baraero","Baraera","Barblizzara",
		"Barblizzard","Barthunder","Barthundra"}:contains(spell.name) then 
			equip (sets['midcast_BarSpell'])
		elseif spell.english == 'Stoneskin' then
		equip(sets['midcast_Stoneskin'])
		elseif T{"Haste","Refresh"}:contains(spell.name) then 
			equip(sets['midcast_EnhancingRecast'])
		elseif string.find(spell.english,'Boost') then
			equip(sets['midcast_EnhancingMagic'])
		elseif string.find(spell.english,'Regen') then
			equip(sets['midcast_Regen'])
		elseif string.find(spell.english,'Protect') then
			equip (set_combine(sets['midcast_BarSpell'],{feet="Piety Duckbills +1"}))
		elseif string.find(spell.english,'Shell') then
			equip(sets['midcast_BarSpell'])
		else
		end
	elseif string.find(spell.english,'Protect') then
			equip (set_combine(sets['midcast_BarSpell'],{feet="Piety Duckbills +1"}))
	elseif string.find(spell.english,'Shell') then
	else
		equip(sets['midcast_EnhancingMagic'])
	end
end		

function aftercast(spell,action)
	equip(sets['aftercast_Idle'])
end

function status_change(new,action)
        if new=='Idle' then
                Idle()
        elseif new=='Resting' then
                equip(sets.Resting)
        end
end
function buff_change(buff,gain_or_loss)
        if buff == "Sandstorm" then
                Idle()
        end
end

function Idle()
        if buffactive['Sandstorm'] then
                equip(sets.aftercast_Move)
				send_command('@wait 1;input /echo ------- Sandstorm Move Wear Activated -------')
        else
                equip(sets.aftercast_idle)
        end
end

function pet_midcast(spell,action)
end

function pet_aftercast(spell,action)
end

-- This function is user defined, but never called by GearSwap itself. It's just a user function that's only called from user functions. I wanted to check the weather and equip a weather-based set for some spells, so it made sense to make a function for it instead of replicating the conditional in multiple places.

function weathercheck(spell_element,set)
	if spell_element == world.weather_element or spell_element == world.day_element then
		equip(set,sets['Obi_'..spell_element])
	else
		equip(set)
	end
end
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-17 16:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a couple of errors in there (but it works)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-17 16:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing that helps a lot is learning the mobs you're fighting, what added effects their tp moves inflict, their aura's, etc. knowing that you need to throw out a curaga after a particular move means you can start casting as the move goes off instead of reacting. and being familiar with the range of tp moves and positioning yourself to be able to stay out of range but still be able to hit melee's with cures is half the battle.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2014-03-17 16:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Curing, Buffing, and Removing Status Ailments:
An In-Depth Look at WHM

Step 1) If people are taking damage, cure them.

Step 2) If people do not have haste, haste them.

Step 3) If people have status ailments, remove them.

You are now ready to WHM
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-03-17 16:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gots ta get good ball movement and penetration, else u'll be turrible, jes turrible.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-17 16:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
An In-Depth Look at WHM

You are now ready to WHM

A tad over simplified lol but essentially right.
 Sylph.Talon
Server: Sylph
user: udamon420
By Sylph.Talon 2014-03-17 16:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
An In-Depth Look at WHM

You are now ready to WHM

Ditto. Cure first, do everything else afterwards. Seen so many DD die because they were getting hasted while they were in the red.

And do not forget about cureskin.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-17 16:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of new AF and Relic Reforge WHM gear that's really good, albeit expensive to make, but you can take things in steps and upgrade when you're ready.

In the mean time, don't toss your Orison set. In fact, +2 everything and keep it handy. The Bliaud has excellent Healing Magic Skill and the Pantaloons are still essential to a WHM cure set.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-17 16:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear helps, but a lot of it is unfortunately just experience.

Knowing what mobs do what, knowing when a lot of damage is gonna be incoming so you can start cure bombing, knowing what mobs do what status effects. You can read about mobs and their moves and gain a little insight, but nothing really beats experience.

If you say what mobs specifically were a problem I might be able to help a little more.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-17 16:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of it is just learning to juggle all the different stuff you have to do as well. Get plugins like timers, so you can watch hastes and what not. Don't always wait till haste wears off to re-cast it. If someones haste is 30-40s and everyones at full hp, I'll over-write it then.

Honestly, some of the debuff spamming mobs in delve can be a nightmare without a yagrush, espeically depending on stuns. I hated playing whm in delve before I finished mine.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-03-17 16:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

*stuff*

1- Hit +50% cure potency with WHM AF3+2 Body and Legs equipped.
2- ???
3- Profit.

This may be oversimplifying but WHM is not a very gear-dependent job. Gear helps, sure, but knowing the fights and anticipating damage or -na spells is key. There are white mages on my server who have great gear and who aren't very good, and others who have less gear but do a fine job.

So, hmm, I was in a similar situation to yours two years ago. I think the thing that helped me most after hitting 50% potency was working on cure precast and fast cast sets. If you can throw out your cures more quickly, and spend less time casting Haste, your ability to keep your party up will improve greatly.

Also, for Tamaxchi, just do all WKR and get the item from the RoE guy or the library quest. That's how I got mine.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-17 16:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst so far has been Tojil and the giant Bee. I understand these are supposedly the most difficult fights in the game right now, and I've been reading as much as I can on bgwiki/ffxiclopedia, but there's only so much I can do with crappy gears and lack of experience.

In the past two weeks, I've noticed MASSIVE improvement in my summoner who I've been using to solo Abyssea for gear with - my pred claws have jumped from 1-2k to crits for 12k+ on ironclads, and 5-6k outside Abyssea which I am very pleased with, and mechanics-wise, I've died much, much less, and no longer require a refresh atma to sustain myself.

I haven't really had the chance to play whm since getting my new stuff for it, but I'd like to have my spellcast set before I take it out again.

Also, the above spellcast - I had less than 5% of the gears in any of those sets, so that would be kind of useless to me. All the gears I have are simply lesser versions of all of them.

Its an idea how to set it out, and you can replace alot of it with not as good sets, but it gives you a good basis for rules and you need only amend the sets.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-17 17:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst so far has been Tojil and the giant Bee. I understand these are supposedly the most difficult fights in the game right now, and I've been reading as much as I can on bgwiki/ffxiclopedia, but there's only so much I can do with crappy gears and lack of experience.

One of the bigger mistakes (imo) I've seen a lot of whms make is not using curagas often or ever. I cringe so much when there's 2-3+ people in orange/red and they toss out a cure 5. Assuming your mp can permit, prioritize curagas in heavy damage zone if 2 or more people need curing.

For tojil zone, hmm

Matamata, he can do nasty aoe damage sometimes but he usually dies fast enough it doesn't matter.

Raptor, if magic dmg is done to it (including skillchains) he goes spastic. Excpect 1300-1400+ dmg tp moves. If whirling inferno goes off it needs to be sacced asap. (Puts up a curse that can't be removed with cursna).

Eft is pretty straightfoward. Don't be afraid of curagas, his poison hurts.

Peiste is pretty straightfoward too.

On Kurma, try to erase def down from turtle stomp quickly. Get the acc down from headbutt if you can manage. Be prepared to charge up a curaga if tremor goes off.

Tojil is actually one of the easier of the 3 to cure (imo). Before I finished yag, if he got something lame like a slowga off, I'd just go in and bene. Hitting slow with erase with aura up is very hit and miss, and saccing 3 dds takes too long to be effective. One of his hits does def down, if the dds are actually paying attention and notice, you'll have to sac it off. If stun misses with the weakened move, I generally just alternate curagas2/3 (or 4 if mp is good) nonstop till it's off. The only time I've had people die when they're weakened was when he did a 1K+ melee hit.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-17 17:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
A lot of it is just learning to juggle all the different stuff you have to do as well. Get plugins like timers, so you can watch hastes and what not. Don't always wait till haste wears off to re-cast it. If someones haste is 30-40s and everyones at full hp, I'll over-write it then.

Honestly, some of the debuff spamming mobs in delve can be a nightmare without a yagrush, espeically depending on stuns. I hated playing whm in delve before I finished mine.
I don't think a Yagrush is possible for me - 30k Alexandrites just isn't going to happen. I'm lucky to make a mil a week. I'd have to level/gear a dyna-worthy job to even think about that.

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply that you need a yag or anything. More I was just trying to say that with a full alliance (thinking 6-8 dds across 2 parties), mobs are gonna spam the crap out of tp moves. It's just not a realistic expectation to 100% be able to keep up with debuffs.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-17 17:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

In all honesty, delve is easier with 6 than it is with 18, assuming everyone is pulling their weight.

Still, depending on stuns and the type of tp moves going off, it can be a massive pita to keep up with debuffs. Accession and +2 hat only go so far/help so much. In majority of the delves I've done, when we were playing with non-yag whms, the serious dds would carry remedies and what not.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-17 17:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think a Yagrush is possible for me - 30k Alexandrites just isn't going to happen. I'm lucky to make a mil a week. I'd have to level/gear a dyna-worthy job to even think about that.

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply that you need a yag or anything. More I was just trying to say that with a full alliance (thinking 6-8 dds across 2 parties), mobs are gonna spam the crap out of tp moves. It's just not a realistic expectation to 100% be able to keep up with debuffs.
My current LS prides itself on doing everything low-man. We won't be doing any events with more than six people.

Hence why it's so important for me to be as well-geared as possible, I'll be the only healer in the group.

You can send PM's I'll help where possible but realistically, you should focus on Skirmish get the gear from there and aim for 50% potency, then specialize sets afterwards.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2014-03-17 17:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub sch and use af3+2 pants, the MP return is priceless. With, oh, idk, 5-6 a tic idle refresh of your own, you don't need outside refresh for targets like Morimar delve, unless the Tojil fight itself drags for a period of time. For all things delve, spam curaga's. I do not care if only one person is hurt, cure bomb the lot. Ignore haste at all times for cures. If you are 18-person delving, you shouldn't even be having to waste your time casting that ***. If lower-manning delve then only haste a few targets (if any). DO NOT, worry of haste over cures, ever! DO NOT, worry of ailment curing over cures, ever! I do not care what the DD say, tell them to kiss thyne ***!

My largest recommendation is to talk to the ls, the luster may be fading but it can be rejuvenated via being honest. Simply ease their minds and explain that you are working on your faults and that you are open to suggestions and assistance in becoming a better whm for the team. However, DD's are a problem lately too so it may not be all you, to many are trying to be "her der her, must spam until I die!" and do not utilize -PDT, -MDT, and/or -DT sets for the appropriate times. Abyssea, and Voidwatch with its fancy tonics of invulnerability, made a ton of DD's extra lazy.

I am a career delve, legion, all things FFXI whm and I approve of this message.

EDIT: To add that this is whm strategy only advice, I do not recommend gear selections for any job for any player as I myself am usually unorthodox by refusing to be cookiecutter any job. I will say though, I'm certain saying that having 50% cure potency, fast cast, and refresh sets is just a waste of your time as it is a no brainer response, you knew this before coming here.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-17 17:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

to be a good whm isn't about getting the best gear out there - unlike DDs and tanks etc a lot of it comes down to skill/attention.

learn to stare at the chat log, anticipate the moves( hit your paralyna button when you see paralyze being casted, hit your cure button when you see a high dmg TP move going off - not when you see the drop in hp), the less time you let your DD stay in yellow/orange the more likely they'll survive.

as long as you have close to -80% cure cast/50% cure pot and a high idle set (6 shoudn't be hard to get), AF3+2 legs. You can perform decent.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-17 17:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
to be a good whm isn't about getting the best gear out there - unlike DDs and tanks etc a lot of it comes down to skill/attention.

learn to stare at the chat log, anticipate the moves( hit your paralyna button when you see paralyze being casted, hit your cure button when you see a high dmg TP move going off, the less time you let your DD stay in yellow/orange the more likely they'll survive).

as long as you have close to -80% cure cast/50% cure pot and a high idle set (6 shoudn't be hard to get), AF3+2 legs. You can perform decent.

I do this and my Paralyna goes off before the mob finishes casting D: some of us have too itchy a trigger finger lol.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-17 17:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Well you just need to time it right!
 Asura.Raitoken
Server: Asura
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2014-03-18 07:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay question to all of you whm out there.

Everyone keeps saying you cap potency with AF3+2 body and the pants.
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
*stuff*

1- Hit +50% cure potency with WHM AF3+2 Body and Legs equipped.
2- ???
3- Profit.

This may be oversimplifying but WHM is not a very gear-dependent job. Gear helps, sure, but knowing the fights and anticipating damage or -na spells is key. There are white mages on my server who have great gear and who aren't very good, and others who have less gear but do a fine job.

So, hmm, I was in a similar situation to yours two years ago. I think the thing that helped me most after hitting 50% potency was working on cure precast and fast cast sets. If you can throw out your cures more quickly, and spend less time casting Haste, your ability to keep your party up will improve greatly.

Also, for Tamaxchi, just do all WKR and get the item from the RoE guy or the library quest. That's how I got mine.

how do you hit 50% potency with those 2 items? Am I missing something or what?
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-03-18 07:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They mean hit 50% potency with those on top of that, because those give unique bonuses whereas Cure Potency and be found in just about every slot.
First Page 2 3 4