Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Job Points
Job Points
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-03-18 11:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

By April I am guessing all jobs will get one or two more things to add to job points. Most likely they will end up with at least one buff for every JA or JT the job has.

Example sch got one for light arts, but I guess next update they will add one for dark arts.

So while a few jobs made out now by summer all will.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-03-18 12:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunsies said: »
So potentially an awful lot of grind for not a lot of return. I think that's the biggest issue that some (although certainly not all) jobs will have with the system as it is at the moment. I understand the need to avoid introducing a "must have" category for a job, but introducing a "will never be used" category is not exactly a great idea either. I certainly wont be investing points in Holy Circle improvements on my other character!

It's either awful lot of grind for not a lot of return so it's optional, or little grind but make it must have because it's very game changing, which forces everyone to grind them.

I'd rather want it to be optional so we're not forced to do it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-18 12:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems to me like they gave some jobs that needed buffs to be competitive again right now some good categories and left things that are doing just fine right now with some of the more inane categories.

A good move to some people, like people who play BLU primarily, but I can see how it would be disappointing if all you play is MNK or BRD or something.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-03-18 12:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't really make sense as a theory. Otherwise DNC should have gotten something better than Step Duration. And the HP increase for Automatons is pretty much the least helpful thing they could have given PUP.

I don't think any kind of logic was involved in this process.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-03-18 12:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The step duration thing was actually one of the few things they explained, it's part of their intent to try to to improve DNC's support ability (They also mentioned things like making steps more powerful on main job DNC etc). The Automaton HP thing I don't really get.

Most of them are just straight up "make the ability strongerer" boosts though, like Dodge/Yonin giving more evasion. The automaton getting another 100 HP would be kinda nice if people ever used Valoredge...
 Valefor.Bunsies
Server: Valefor
user: Bunsies
By Valefor.Bunsies 2014-03-18 12:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It can be a lot of grind for something though, and is in some cases. I will certainly be willing to invest some time in BST on my alt for the Familiar bonus; it's a nice little edge for an ability that sees a fair amount of use. Far from game breaking, certainly not a must-have, but not useless. That seems about right to me, and the sort of thing I was expecting.

I can well understand why some people are less than happy though. I guess we'll have to see how the system develops in the coming months. Starting with fringe job abilities (such as Circles) might not have been the best way to get people excited by the system though. That just looks like they copy-pasted one ability out to four jobs as they weren't quite ready for anything else yet.
By cervelo84 2014-03-18 12:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't happy with a lot of the options for job points, but when I heard they will be adding up to 30 different options per job in the future this is just the beginning of something even more. I play MNK so ya I was disappointed... Corsair I play a lot also.. Now that's got some cool ones.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-18 12:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

As it stands right now, the only thing I see myself working towards are spell points for blu. I don't have every job at 99 though and i don't play all the ones i do have there. Hopefully cool stuff gets added later.
 Cerberus.Koyote
Server: Cerberus
user: koyote
By Cerberus.Koyote 2014-03-18 12:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

stop to sux SE
By Luvbunny1 2014-03-18 12:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems that a lot of people are unhappy with the amount of points gained per kill. It should be 30% of the XP you earned instead of 10%. Grinding is one thing, but grinding for months for ONE job is another thing....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-18 13:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There's different ways to design grinds and this is excessive, stop defending the cp gain rate.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-03-18 13:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Ivykyori said: »
I haven't been in game since the patch since I spent the night reinstalling XI on the new laptop, but I may have drooled a little when I saw that BLU can have more points in blue magic setting.

IMO in terms of usefulness and ease-of-play stuff, blue mage really wins this round, followed by corsair.

And that makes me happier than a pig in ***, because while I am seasoned as a non-stun SCH, I love playing BLU more.

And COR's good too. I never get to play on it though, lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-03-18 13:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure SE wanted us making parties for Woh Gates and fighting those 122/125 lvl mobs. I'm not sure what they check as but i'm pretty sure the XP/Kill has to be pretty damn high which would make CP gain much more manageable.

Doing that would be the only way i'd intentionally grind for them otherwise it's just going to have to happen on its own without me paying much attention to them. Drop a point here and there.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-03-18 13:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Server is up btw.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-03-19 00:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

might be good for blm who can mass nuke things that still give some exp
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
Server: Carbuncle
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2014-03-20 10:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
I thought you must be on the job to earn points for that certain job only?
By Heimdel 2014-03-20 10:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SE idea of the ultimate time sink grind for in their eyes would keep people xping the normal way. It just isn't gonna happen..
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-20 10:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ziekwalt said: »
Leviathan.Krysten said: »
I thought you must be on the job to earn points for that certain job only?

Yeah, you have to be on the job you want points for. When I farm CP's on BST, I can't use those CP's for WHM category, and so on.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 23:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

465 for a full 30, but that's still assuming it's linear +1 all the way up. Could be more, could be less.
By Wordspoken 2014-03-22 08:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone find out good/reasonable method of obtaining CP? I tried soloing once, it was horrible not worth anyones time. If there is not a trick to it, JPs are just plain f* horrible.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-03-22 09:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to Rala to farm for sparks, and get CP while I did it. After getting a total of 30 merits (not using any exp bands, only Ionis) I gained a maximum of 1 Job point on my DRK. And I was killing nonstop for ages to get those 30 merits. Using Cherukiki, Joachim and Ulmia, I got to chain #224 ish before I just decided to give up.

So I could increase the drain effect on Blood weapon.. something that is nice, and I have my Blood Weapon enhanced, but it's not a big deal, I only ever use it in emergency situations, or against NM that hate you WSing. The other enhances Arcane Circle.. which is quite possibly the most useless thing in the history of useless things.

Think I'll just hold off on grinding this stufff until they make it easier. SE always do that, they let those hardcore players do it the hard way, then 2-3 months later they change it. If you want SE to change this system up, just refuse to grind and spend your points. They will soon realize it's not working.
 Phoenix.Redmaiden
Server: Phoenix
user: Redmaiden
By Phoenix.Redmaiden 2014-03-22 09:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The location that i have found, which by all means isn't great, but it is a lot faster than solo killing mobs is in Woh Gates.

Port to Kamhir Drifts Frontier Station and round to SE to zone into Woh Gates. Once inside, follow the path around, without falling off the ledge, until u find a room with 6-8 worms. We took a full party of 6/6 (just in same the same way as old Meripo parties) and camped this area. Wasn't really to much of a restriction on Jobs but we did have a DNC curing everyone. The objective is to kill these worms for CP. They re-spawn as fast as you can kill them and give on average 250-310 CP per kill even with 6/6 group. (also give 2k merits a kill and a ***load of Sparks if u have the right quest activated) Be aware that these mobs are level 125, so you will miss a lot and ACC+gear/food is recommended.

Like i said this wasn't great, but better than what i can find atm.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-03-22 09:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wordspoken said: »
Has anyone find out good/reasonable method of obtaining CP? I tried soloing once, it was horrible not worth anyones time. If there is not a trick to it, JPs are just plain f* horrible.
I believe doing Skimrish V3 would give you the biggest bang for your buck.

I haven't done V3 yet since the update (damn work killing all of my playing hours) but the exp gain with a 6 man party is great there.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-22 10:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Delve 2.0 is pretty fast, but I dont know if the mobs giving xp+cp points and regular drops is a glitch or not.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-03-22 10:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wordspoken said: »
I believe doing Skimrish V3 would give you the biggest bang for your buck.

I haven't done V3 yet since the update (damn work killing all of my playing hours) but the exp gain with a 6 man party is great there.

It's not about how much exp you earn that determines the amount of CP you get, it is down to the mobs level. At this point it's just better not to grind at all, forget about it, and have a look every other week to see if you got anything to buy. Unless you're a BLU, then yes, grind it to death.
 Bahamut.Snapshot
Server: Bahamut
user: Snapshot
By Bahamut.Snapshot 2014-03-22 14:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

25k-30k/hour with rngx5 and cor(or brd) @Woh gates worms. Points are same from solo up to a pt of 6. Start to scale down after that. Could sub a nuker for a rng but they weren't doing as much damage as rangers were.