2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Feedback Needed for Divine Might II [Difficult]
Feedback Needed for Divine Might II [Difficult]
By itchi508 2014-03-10 13:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Rngs really shouldn't get hate, dying off amon drive sounds like a thing that shouldn't happen (sure, they might get hit randomly when the taru warps, but shouldn't be frequent enough to not have shadows up)
It may be worth mentioning since it might not be apparent at first glance but the TT's amon drive is target centered. The ONLY time you will get hit by it is if you are within 10' of your tank. Unless someone pulls hate.

Since the rngs are likely trying to put the tank between then and the TT for decoy shot, they are probably too close to the tank.
Hope no one is trying to set up for decoy on TT lol if so theres a large amount of waisted time along with a useless pld crying for Stona & cure every 20sec waisting the mages mp/time that should go to haste rngs. Pld is useless on TT he may as well go hang out with the brds. And rngs shouldn't go below 2 shadows, if they do there asking to die
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-10 13:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Rngs really shouldn't get hate, dying off amon drive sounds like a thing that shouldn't happen (sure, they might get hit randomly when the taru warps, but shouldn't be frequent enough to not have shadows up)
It may be worth mentioning since it might not be apparent at first glance but the TT's amon drive is target centered. The ONLY time you will get hit by it is if you are within 10' of your tank. Unless someone pulls hate.

Since the rngs are likely trying to put the tank between then and the TT for decoy shot, they are probably too close to the tank.
Hope no one is trying to set up for decoy on TT lol if so theres a large amount of waisted time along with a useless pld crying for Stona & cure every 20sec waisting the mages mp/time that should go to haste rngs.

I've heard of some groups doing regular AATT without a PLD (RNGx4 WHM BRD, or RNGx3 WHM BRD COR), but that's obviously untested in our case for DM II.
By itchi508 2014-03-10 13:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Hope no one is trying to set up for decoy on TT lol if so theres a large amount of waisted time along with a useless pld crying for Stona & cure every 20sec waisting the mages mp/time that should go to haste rngs.

I've heard of some groups doing regular AATT without a PLD (RNGx4 WHM BRD, or RNGx3 WHM BRD COR), but that's obviously untested in our case for DM II.
Can duo Normal TT 2x rng easily.
Doing VDTT strat is rng rng rng whm cor brd.

Keep pld out of arena, hes only being a nuisance to your whm as no pld will keep hate from 6-8 rngs going full throttle, rng take hate threw decoy specially using JR.
Main focus is keeping all rngs hasted to keep shadow recast to a minimum.

Also rng should carry remedys and echos. Making a whm choose to cure or silena you is bad for business. Whm job = cure & haste & stona stupid people. (Run out if shadow recast isn't ready, waisting 5sec to be safe beats a possible death)
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-10 14:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

A few thoughts:

Not larceny-ing the manafont wastes a lot of time, maybe you're better off ensuring the thf doesn't engage till then (even if he engage he shouldn't really be dying, it's not that hard to get out of the way while shadows aren't up - sounds to me your thf isn't really paying attention).

did charm go off on MR? that's another time waster that could be avoided with a mixture of fealty/asylum.

Were the bards 2 songs? you might not need dharp bards for the fight if you rotate, but 2 song bards probably mean they aren't career bards and not very well equipped. for e.g. if they don't have prelude/minuet instruments, or don't have song duration gear - duration gear would let you have SV song buffs for longer which would help a bit on dps.

Also like Ccl said, it's worth parsing the rngs. even if they have a 119 annhilator it doesn't mean they know how to play rng and they are geared for it, unless you had a complete wipe during the run it sure sounds like dps is lacking. Parse them, check the racc/dmg etc.

A whm shouldn't be needed in the rng pts unless the rngs aren't doing hate management properly/pld isn't good enough. your bard can come /whm and can easily main heal the rngs.

Thanks Chubs, I always appreciate your feedback.

Just let Spira solo them.

PS, Relic RNGs means nothing if they don't have correct gear sets IE snap shot in prehsot, swap tp STP / ratt / dmg sets etc before the shot leaves the bow.

This alone can double a RNG's DPS (double might be a tad strong but meh). Bandwagon RNG's vs Career RNG's is always a big thing and differenc.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-03-10 14:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD on TT is a Wasted slot, just make your rngs/nin and not suck at getting shadows up, if they can;t manage that get new RNGs.
 Asura.Backstab
Server: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2014-03-10 14:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Runes+Vallation by itself is -30% from Arrogance Incarnate (Tenebrae) and Amon Drive (Lux). Also /RUN gives you Swordplay which is like Schzero/Migawari/Earthern Armor.

Arrogance incarnate is breath damage so tenebrae does nothing and swordplay only enhances acc and eva and gets dispeled when taking severe dmg >.>
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-13 12:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't participated in a Very Difficult DM II run yet, but I'm curious to know if VE can be done with experienced and skilled players even if they don't all have R/E/M's?
By Ravenn42 2014-03-13 12:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you be experienced/skilled and not have a R/M/E
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-13 12:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »

Is that a trick question? I consider myself an experienced and skilled player, but I don't have a R/E/M.
By pchan 2014-03-13 12:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I can kill 4/5 NMs in normal divine might as MNKx2 WHMx2 PLD BRD, and we would likely clear it with outside buffs. Very Easy take 15 mins and easy takes 25 mins to full clear with that setup.

Out of the 4 normal mobs we kill, we always get at least one specific DM item (earring, body, smn or pup item). It's definitely worth a lot more than going D or VD with an ally. On the other hand on easy and very easy you barely get any gear.
By Pluton 2014-03-13 12:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have none either, but I have win the hardest event in the game. My DD ( RNG 119 (skirmish) and BLU 119x2 :p ) Are most of the time in top 3 on parses, And I have more jobs to offer ( GEO / COR / SCH ). So yeah, I always know what I'm doing. I don't need R/M/E to that. My character has 1 and half years old. And I hate dynamis. I'm doing annihilator, but at my own rythme xD
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-13 13:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done rngx4 WHM BRD on VD TT before, we kina went back to PLD RNGx3 WHM BRD because it's faster. PLD keeping hate makes rng's job a lot easier because your DPS drops a lot by having to keep getting shadows back up. But in a DM case where your rngs doesn't know what's the meaning of hate control anyway, it might not matter that much.

Quote:
Unless your pld suck or hate is going everywhere, majority of the time pld blocks the petri/paralyze aiments with his shield. At least my pld does anyway. and a good whm can easily tell whether the pld needs stona/paralyna and get it lifted straight away by gauging how much dmg the pld took on that move.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-13 13:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done rngx4 WHM BRD on VD TT before, we kina went back to PLD RNGx3 WHM BRD because it's faster. PLD keeping hate makes rng's job a lot easier because your DPS drops a lot by having to keep getting shadows back up. But in a DM case where your rngs doesn't know what's the meaning of hate control anyway, it might not matter that much.

Quote:
Unless your pld suck or hate is going everywhere, majority of the time pld blocks the petri/paralyze aiments with his shield. At least my pld does anyway. and a good whm can easily tell whether the pld needs stona/paralyna and get it lifted straight away by gauging how much dmg the pld took on that move.

Chubs, be one of my BRD's for this Saturday's run. :o
By Ravenn42 2014-03-13 13:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that a trick question? I consider myself an experienced and skilled player, but I don't have a R/E/M.

Maybe experienced and skilled in new expansion pack would have been a better comment. I am no elitist I just can't imagine anyone playing this game for 5 to 10 years and not have 1.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-13 13:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe experienced and skilled in new expansion pack would have been a better comment. I am no elitist I just can't imagine anyone playing this game for 5 to 10 years and not have 1.

Well, you do have a point there. That being said, I had a pretty big break from 2008-2013, so it will take me some time to get one.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-03-13 13:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Chubs, be one of my BRD's for this Saturday's run. :o

I can prolly make it , give me a poke if i'm on ;o

EDIT: oh wait i'm out for dinner, so depending on how late/early you make the event... If it's 1pm CST then it might be no go since that's 7pm lol
[+]