Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2014-03-07 17:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
March Update

Song adjustment

Adjust system so that songs with 120 seconds or more remaining on their duration can be overwritten

A bug has developed due to this adjustment and it will be pushed back.

is this a gift or a curse for harp/horn users and thier placeholder songs?
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-07 18:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh? I don't think they're changing the way songs work, where it overwrites the lowest duration song. I think they're just making it so that you can overwrite a song with the exact same song without having to wait till it's duration is down to 2 minutes or less.

Either way, it's going to be awesome.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-07 18:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

YES! Now when I totally botch songs I can fix them! Or when I use scherzo with Clarion call, I can overwrite it when the extra song wears.

I'm sad it'll be pushed back.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-07 18:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

When you reach the max amount of songs, and cast subsequent different songs, your lowest duration songs get overwritten first, instead of over-writing song 1-2-3-4 in the order you cast them. From the wording, I'm pretty sure they aren't changing this, and instead are just changing the "no effect" you'd get if you try to overwrite a song before it's down to it's base duration.
 Asura.Ventra
Server: Asura
user: xff8x
By Asura.Ventra 2014-03-07 18:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, this is wonderful =)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-07 19:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
When you reach the max amount of songs, and cast subsequent different songs, your lowest duration songs get overwritten first, instead of over-writing song 1-2-3-4 in the order you cast them. From the wording, I'm pretty sure they aren't changing this, and instead are just changing the "no effect" you'd get if you try to overwrite a song before it's down to it's base duration.

Hmm, I guess I need them to change all songs to potency modification for marcato and SV rather than duration bonus. But I guess it's still nice that you can refresh song durations earlier if you need to. But at least there's nothing bad about this change.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-03-07 19:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the way song overwriting works has always kinda boggled my mind, and I always kinda wished it always overwrote in the order you cast in. I guess it's convenient if you do Song > Song > paeon daur > Paeon daur > Song > Song, but it still creates a lot of annoying situations. :<
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-03-07 19:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

All of my Yes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-07 20:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Yeah, the way song overwriting works has always kinda boggled my mind, and I always kinda wished it always overwrote in the order you cast in. I guess it's convenient if you do Song > Song > paeon daur > Paeon daur > Song > Song, but it still creates a lot of annoying situations. :<
The solution is to convert Daurdabla in to a ring.

I'd be okay with a Daurdberhorn too.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-03-17 11:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a cap on song duration?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-17 11:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Is there a cap on song duration?

No hard cap is known. With SV, T/N, and all gear, I think the duration is right at 10 minutes, but that is only capped by lack of gear
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2014-03-30 16:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

atm whats the best duration gear setup w/o mythic, been searching and didnt came with anything, im asking this cuz i find it more usefull than just +5 on stats from empy+2, any imput on this? ty
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-03-30 16:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

{main="Legato Dagger", head="Aoidos' Calot +2",neck="Aoidos' Matinee",body="Aoidos' Hongreline +2",hands="Aoidos' Manchettes +2",legs="Marduk's Shalwar +1",feet="Brioso Slippers +1"}

this pretty much. Any other slot is essentially up to you with whatever you'd like to have in your midcast (fastcast, haste, pdt etc.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2014-03-30 16:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

wow that was fast ty. lol