Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-04-17 17:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Lakshmi.Amymy said: »
For Marjami delve would 4 relic ranger in party one with 2 bards and a white Mage paladin in party two beat the regular setup of 3 ranger white Mage bard paladin ?

One bard can jump from one party to the next to buff paladin and ballad white Mage when they put songs on ranger.

Why would someone choose a BRD over COR in RNG party?

Minuet 4 + Minuet 5 = 145 attack , add soul voice (a one time thing) = 290 attack

Chaos roll 11 with a base of 1000 attack = +312 %50 of the time and +412 attack 50% of the time

Plus CORs shoot too (likely half a RNG damage due to the need to be careful - no decoy)

BRDs are for melee parties

Also: Decoy works outside party, just like SA

BRD's Rotate, and assume 3 song min, that Minute 5 4 3, plus Preludes, huner's roll is +65 Acc (Due to RNG Bonus) where as Hunter's Prelude Ranged Accuracy bonus caps at +30 before enhancing gear for 1,and Archer's Prelude's Ranged Accuracy bonus caps at +40 before enhancement. That's a Fair amount of extra RACC over Hunter's Roll when you give that same Brd some decent Gear with Prelude +3 or Ghorn.

As you quote so often "On content where accuracy matters, I'd rather max out my accuracy than worry about 10 attack" the same mechanic applies here, personally I use both,

PT1 RNG RNG RNG RNG COR BRD
PT2 RNG RNG RNG RNG COR BRD
PT3 PLD WHM BRD SCH SMN GEO

The brds can easily cure RNG's who shouldn;t be taking hate, the COR's can Half DD and Roll assitance, while gaining 6+ songs from 2 brds rotating for optimal Buffing options, plus dropping the needless cures for an extra RNG increases your kill speed by alot.

GEO and SCH can nuke the Aura off to increase RNG damage again further while GEO can provide Refresh / MAB for Himself and SCH.

WHM focuses on PLD (Who I assume has capped MDT without shell) and keeps him topped off and paralyna'd while the BRD spams Scherzo and Ballads.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-04-17 17:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

done marj 6/6 in <30min multiboxing with:
RNG RNG RNG RNG BRD COR
PLD GEO WHM

rotate brd with geo, indi-fury geo-frailty minuetx3 prelude chaos courser sushi

add second prelude with sv/call on mega