Forum » FFXI » Servers » Sylph » ReNigd Open Recruitment
ReNigd Open Recruitment
 Sylph.Munenori
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Cyphe
By Sylph.Munenori 2014-02-05 10:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

After several open-ended talks between the functional leadership here at Renigd, we've decided to hold open recruitment for any and all to apply at our Guildwork site.

http://renigd.guildwork.com/recruitment

Let me be somewhat specific in what we're looking for. We're NOT looking for you or your friend's Records of Eminence geared Mnk and War. Hey, you just got back after not playing since Abyssea - we get that, but please stick to SE's glorious amount of low-requirement content to bring that to.

We're also not looking for career damage dealers that lack appropriate knowledge of said DD. If you've ever used a Ghillie Earring on Samurai outside of being drunk and confusing it with a Brutal earring, please do not apply.

We ARE however, looking for competent players with the capacity to play nearly any job due to a familiarity with a decade old game's mechanics, and who specialize in their respective jobs that they have leveled.

If you would like to join a group of fellow knowledgeable players that enjoy excelling in particular content from a position of skilled experience, or if you're just plain sick of fail Gotenzu PUG runs being the highlight of your time that you choose to spend on this game at the end of your day - toss an application our way.

It's a continuously dwindling server population that we're all dealing with here - so in light of that - we're attempting to find a few decent players that are left from the rank and file.

All applications will be reviewed on a nearly daily basis by at least one of linkshell leadership, no one's app will go unobserved. I rarely log into my FFXIAH account, so responses here and not on the above GW link may not be taken into consideration.

With all that said, we typically attempt events with appropriate attendance around 8pm EST, and we do have an open Ventrilo policy for all LS members; as well as encourage it's use during events.

Thanks for taking the time out to have a read here and consider applying - we hope to see a few competent recruits in the near future.
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-02-05 10:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You forgot Tetsyga fail shouts Mhahahaha
 Sylph.Munenori
By Sylph.Munenori 2014-02-05 15:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I had thought Tetsyga and Gotenzu were the same person - I'm not even trying to be funny here. Regardless, it's that quality of player(s) that we're hoping capable, operational brain cell possessing people are tired of running and dealing with.

Also: Bump.
 Sylph.Murex
By Sylph.Murex 2014-02-05 15:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know LS's offered anything anymore.
 Sylph.Munenori
By Sylph.Munenori 2014-02-05 15:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Murex said: »

Well, that's a perfectly valid point of view, no matter who you are or what server you come from. If you're comfortable with the amount of content that you could potentially clear with one or two friends when you toss a /yell out for support jobs to finish your party - that's understandable.

I know that, for me at least, the question comes down to this: Do I want to play solo/low man and fit a win through every so often; or do I want to play with people that I know to be capable of clearing content consistently?

That's really what it boils down to at the core of it for anyone I believe. Whether you choose to settle for being marginalized, or actually excelling at a (for lack of a better word) hobby that you choose to devote a portion of your time into.
[+]
 Sylph.Saikido
user: Sukhoruk
By Sylph.Saikido 2014-02-05 20:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also we have punch and pie.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2014-02-05 20:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Murex said: »
Only if you stay within 20' and drop! :P
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2014-02-05 21:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Munenori said: »
and we do have an open Ventrilo policy for all LS members; as well as encourage it's use during events.

What exactly is an open Ventrilo policy? How does one implement a closed Ventrilo policy?

Also, its*
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2014-02-05 21:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***. Whats good Mune, long time brother.

I'm trying to crash land back on Sylph, be good to get back with some folks if I do.

Sukh, if you spike that punch I'm sold. GL with the recruitment guys.
 Sylph.Munenori
By Sylph.Munenori 2014-02-05 23:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Sicc, get your sorry arse back over here man. It would be good to have you back - feel free to jump on vent whenever, we'll keep our abuse to a minimum.

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
and we do have an open Ventrilo policy for all LS members; as well as encourage it's use during events.

What exactly is an open Ventrilo policy? How does one implement a closed Ventrilo policy?

Also, its*

Also: it's* (denoting a possesive on the use of the noun -Ventrilo- I was referring to). Entry level English will tell you that "its" is not a word by itself without the contraction, unless denoting an acronym ie:ITS, etc.

A closed ventrilo policy is what would be in effect for anyone that would speak english that poorly if you're curious.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-06 00:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well uh... hey, this is Peldin.

This thread is win. IT'S got grammar and shitz!
 Quetzalcoatl.Merton
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mert
By Quetzalcoatl.Merton 2014-02-06 05:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: it's* (denoting a possesive on the use of the noun -Ventrilo- I was referring to). Entry level English will tell you that "its" is not a word by itself without the contraction, unless denoting an acronym ie:ITS, etc.

A closed ventrilo policy is what would be in effect for anyone that would speak english that poorly if you're curious.
I read this post over and over, and I can't tell if it's a joke or if you really believe its contents are correct.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2014-02-06 06:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Sicc, get your sorry arse back over here man. It would be good to have you back - feel free to jump on vent whenever, we'll keep our abuse to a minimum.

Also, its*

Here.

You.

Go.

Glad I could be of service.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2014-02-06 06:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to go all Old Grammar Testament and call out the "anyone that" vs. "anyone who," but that's technically allowed, even if it's not pinky-finger-away-from-the-teacup-grip level Proper. :(
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-02-06 06:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Encourage it is use during event or it has just doesnt make sense, that entry level english!

IT'S = IT IS or IT HAS.

Like don't is do not and hasn't is has not or aren't is are not.

Now the correct sentence for the use of it's would have been: as well as encourage it's in use during event times.

Now the correct sentence for the use of its would have been: as well as encourage its use during event time.

You can't exactly call anyone a grammar nazi while you try to correct them yourself with the wrong meaning I might add.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2014-02-06 06:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

He's roughly analogous to a grammar Keystone Kop.
 Sylph.Munenori
By Sylph.Munenori 2014-02-06 13:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Merton said: »
I read this post over and over, and I can't tell if it's a joke or if you really believe its contents are correct.

By Falafel 2014-02-06 17:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

HHHEERRRNNNNGHGHGHGHHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-02-06 17:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, this LS Recruitment thread seems to have it all!

1. Grammar Nazis
2. Name dropping of people who are known to start fail PUGs
3. Shitty .gifs

I look forward to seeing more carnage!

(forgive me, you have no idea how incredibly bored I am playing FFXI at this very moment.)
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
Server: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2014-02-06 17:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

One question to the ReNigs. ReNigd

How is it the leaders fault 80% of servers players are made of fail?
I could check a players PDT/MDT/Hybrid/etc sets all day.

Bottom line is if they suck, they suck.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2014-02-06 22:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeu1_5KCXJs&feature=player_detailpage#t=150
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-02-07 00:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Saikido said: »
Also we have punch and pie.

Riceball me bro
 Sylph.Munenori
By Sylph.Munenori 2014-02-07 03:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
One question to the ReNigs.

Bottom line is if they suck, they suck.

Gotenzu's Mnk brings so much to the table though. It's almost impossible that every run could fail tanking Matamata with Berserk and Counterstance up. I mean, that's clearly the fault of the average person's lack of experience - couldn't be his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeu1_5KCXJs&feature=player_detailpage#t=150

Uhh, hey this is Peldin. Dude, why would you blow chunks on that guy's food bro? I mean... he's clearly in a rush to get back to his minimum wage Radio Shack middle management position. The fact that you'd yack in his food and blame it on him is just wrong bro. I don't even think I'd hang out with this guy, period. That's just messed up. Hey this is Peldin, not Nidlep. You also just read this in Peldin's voice.

PS: Thanks for the bumps kids.
 Sylph.Rafaras
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2014-02-07 05:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I missed out on the Tetsugya and Gotenzu thing. Can someone explain to me what happened and why everyone in /sh has a laugh at them.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-07 06:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhh, hey no this is Peldin. Wut da fuk doods. Out of all the monks on Sylph that don't use windower macros, spellcast, or gearswap, Gotenzu is in the top 10. He tp's in that Relic+2 body like a *** bauce. All he needs is Oatixur so he can be in the top 5!

Uh... wait wut? I mean uh... bump?
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-02-07 10:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

After several open-ended talks between the functional leadership here at Renigd, we've decided to hold open recruitment for any and all to apply at our Guildwork site.

http://renigd.guildwork.com/recruitment

Let me be somewhat specific in what we're looking for. We're NOT looking for you or your friend's Records of Eminence geared Mnk and War. Hey, you just got back after not playing since Abyssea - we get that, but please stick to SE's glorious amount of low-requirement content to bring that to.

We're also not looking for career damage dealers that lack appropriate knowledge of said DD. If you've ever used a Ghillie Earring on Samurai outside of being drunk and confusing it with a Brutal earring, please do not apply.

We ARE however, looking for competent players with the capacity to play nearly any job due to a familiarity with a decade old game's mechanics, and who specialize in their respective jobs that they have leveled.

If you would like to join a group of fellow knowledgeable players that enjoy excelling in particular content from a position of skilled experience, or if you're just plain sick of fail Gotenzu PUG runs being the highlight of your time that you choose to spend on this game at the end of your day - toss an application our way.

It's a continuously dwindling server population that we're all dealing with here - so in light of that - we're attempting to find a few decent players that are left from the rank and file.

All applications will be reviewed on a nearly daily basis by at least one of linkshell leadership, no one's app will go unobserved. I rarely log into my FFXIAH account, so responses here and not on the above GW link may not be taken into consideration.

With all that said, we typically attempt events with appropriate attendance around 8pm EST, and we do have an open Ventrilo policy for all LS members; as well as encourage it's use during events.

Thanks for taking the time out to have a read here and consider applying - we hope to see a few competent recruits in the near future.

It's really cool to see active LS'es on Sylph. That being said, your tone here is probably not going to strike the right note. Final Fantasy XI is supposed to be fun. That doesn't excuse bad players who don't know their jobs, but with a dwindling playerbase available, linkshells should try to be inclusive.
 Sylph.Munenori
By Sylph.Munenori 2014-02-07 11:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I will be perfectly honest with you here. Six months ago, when I first came back to FFXI from a nearly two year break, I would have been inclined to agree with you 100%. However, since then, and after four months of leading Delve for DarkSerenity; may I tell you what is not enjoyable or fun to me? An all-inclusive linkshell that stifles capable people's advancement because they're attempting to cater to the lowest rung on the totem pole.

Regardless of if it makes me a douchebag, or an elitist, at the end of the day - I'm a huge proponent of fairness. It's not fair (in my singular opinion) to ask experienced, capable people to have waste their time dealing with anything less than experienced, capable individuals.

With that said and out on the table, recruitment is still very much open.

I also encourage anyone that shares that particular point of view to toss an app our way.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-02-10 10:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I know what you are saying Saf. There are some players that lack experience and may be skilled enough to make up for that if given the opportunity. And if you have the patience, there are some that can learn to play adequately. It's not a very difficult game to learn.

That being said, I have played with different shells and different types of players, and I have to say, I tend to agree with Munenori. It is very frustrating to fail at things you know are easy because the people you are with are simply incompetent. There are many players on Sylph that still don't change gear. They either refuse to use windower macros/spellcast/gearswap, or they just don't bother to.

Some just simply don't know what they're doing. You can talk to half the people who play ranger and they have no idea that there is such a thing as having a precast and midcast set for ranged attacks. Haven't ever heard of a "sweet spot" range. No clue how Decoy Shot works. ETC.

I could go on for pages about the lack of basic job knowledge on this server. Suffice it to say, it isn't fair to YOUR linkshell members if you recruit sub-par players just to fill empty slots.

It only takes 1 person in the right role to ruin an event. In the case of AA or DM2, I'd rather not go than waste my time/merits going with a group that will fail. I'd also rather not waste everyone else's time/merits by accepting someone who may cause my group/LS to fail.

I think the tone Munenori delivers is exactly what he's going for. He wants to discourage the inept and encourage the capable. It's a much smaller pool to fish from, so he'll get less bites, but at least the ones that bite are (hopefully) the ones he's looking for.