Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » "Address Not Found"
"Address Not Found"
 Bismarck.Memo
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Memo
By Bismarck.Memo 2008-06-22 14:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I try to access www.ffxiah.com from my home PC, I am unable to connect to the site. I tried accessing using Firefox and IE, and both give me the same problem. I looked around my firewall settings and all that, but I wasn't really able to see a problem -I can access any other site on the internet. I connected via a proxy (which is how I'm posting this right now)and that gave me limited access.

Could it be that I was accidentally blocked or something? If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated. :)
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-06-23 00:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

PM your IP address to me that isn't getting a response from ffxiah.com
 Ramuh.Rikapi
Premium
Server: Ramuh
user: Rikapi
By Ramuh.Rikapi 2008-06-23 04:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem seemed to be a broken DNS somewhere along the way (I was having the same problems: my web browsers couldn't resolve ffxiah.com so it wouldn't even attempt to connect) -- it looks like it fixed itself now as I'm back here without proxies :)
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2008-06-23 09:22:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same problem yesterday, unable to connect to FFXIAH through my PC. ( I only tried with my PC ) As Rika said, it seems to have resolved itself today, cause here I am!
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-06-23 12:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Was tracking this yesterday. It looks like certain ISP's, including Verizon and Comcast, screwed up their DNS records for FFXIAH.com temporarily. It seems to have fixed itself overnight. (Scragg - tried with a few other people and Apache log never even saw the connection attempt, so it appears to have been purely DNS.)