New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 30 31 32
By Darkalenia 2014-04-23 12:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed the Nemesis Battle Theme in Norende is a remix of the Battle/Boss themes from Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light. That threw me back to all those times I didnt have Lux :/ xD

I KNEW IT. I knew this was a Final Fantasy game with a different coat of paint!

(I'm sure this was painfully obvious to everyone before I even said that)
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-23 13:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
I just noticed the Nemesis Battle Theme in Norende is a remix of the Battle/Boss themes from Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light. That threw me back to all those times I didnt have Lux :/ xD

I KNEW IT. I knew this was a Final Fantasy game with a different coat of paint!

(I'm sure this was painfully obvious to everyone before I even said that)

My husband pointed that out to me. I have yet to play The 4 Heroes of Light yet (he owns that game too).
[+]
By Darkalenia 2014-04-24 09:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Miasma Woods is awesome for grinding, omg!

94JP from 1 battle if I run into the mushroom mobs and they keep multiplying xD
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-04-24 09:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

phys atks make em split, use fire magic.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-04-24 10:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is to keep letting them split to get more reward.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-24 10:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said: »

phys atks make em split, use fire magic.

That's the point! Moar JP! :D
EDIT: ninja'd xD
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-24 19:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a few extra tips I'll toss out while they're fresh in my mind:

-Divining Rod is your friend. Slap that on somebody every time you enter a dungeon and check the chest count. If there's a hidden chest somewhere, the passage will never be on the north end. Always on the bottom or the sides, somewhere the camera doesn't let you see the actual wall.
- Consider playing with the encounter rate if you're in a hurry to get somewhere, or if you just want to sit around and grind for a while.
- Don't be afraid to experiment! There's really no wrong way to play, and you may find a combination of jobs/abilities that surprises you.
- F*ck Merchant. It's got a few fun abilities, including a trait to earn more money, but most of its abilities require you to spend money to use them.
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-24 20:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ariyon said: »
Just a few extra tips I'll toss out while they're fresh in my mind:

-Divining Rod is your friend. Slap that on somebody every time you enter a dungeon and check the chest count. If there's a hidden chest somewhere, the passage will never be on the north end. Always on the bottom or the sides, somewhere the camera doesn't let you see the actual wall.
- Consider playing with the encounter rate if you're in a hurry to get somewhere, or if you just want to sit around and grind for a while.
- Don't be afraid to experiment! There's really no wrong way to play, and you may find a combination of jobs/abilities that surprises you.
- F*ck Merchant. It's got a few fun abilities, including a trait to earn more money, but most of its abilities require you to spend money to use them.

Eff Salve-Maker too. I tried it out for shits and giggles and was like "wth". The concept is cool; you can make ***and throw it at enemies. But generally it's weak.

RE: merchant, Big Pharma is actually a really nice skill to farm money with. Abusable even. Just throwing that out there.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-24 20:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed Salve-Maker. The ability to turn items into AoE or convey specific status resistances was nice, especially against a couple of the more annoying boss fights. Resurrect was also nice for oh sh*t situations, though thankfully I only had to use it a couple times.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-04-24 20:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
Eff Salve-Maker too. I tried it out for shits and giggles and was like "wth". The concept is cool; you can make ***and throw it at enemies. But generally it's weak.
What?

Salve maker is broken if you have all the items for it.

Blessed shield covers your healing (Paired with epic group cast). Then you can double everybody's max HP right off the bat and cure for over half of it AoE to all w/ blessed shield.
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-24 21:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just didn't like it. I may end up giving it a try again, but I wasn't impressed.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-04-24 21:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you're not going to like it w/o looking at a salve maker guide or spending a lot of time *** around with it.

It's a job where efficiency is key. If you don't know what you're doing, it's going to be ***.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-24 21:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Oh, you're not going to like it w/o looking at a salve maker guide or spending a lot of time *** around with it.

It's a job where efficiency is key. If you don't know what you're doing, it's going to be ***.

Rikku's Mix ability in FFX is the exact same thing xD

Just unlocked Summoner and Ranger, so now I can go back to the Wind Temple and talk to that owl to get a Summon, right?
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-24 21:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

Rikku's Mix ability in FFX is the exact same thing xD

Just unlocked Summoner and Ranger, so now I can go back to the Wind Temple and talk to that owl to get a Summon, right?

Yep.

Wait...that thing was an owl?!

Anyways, there's also another one, a water one somewhere. Can't remember where though. D:

Something else I just thought of...

Anyone else find the Summoner's voice absolutely freaking grating? I mean, Agnes is bad. This heifer? I actually had to turn her down!
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-24 22:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.

Anyways, there's also another one, a water one somewhere. Can't remember where though. D:

Anyone else find the Summoner's voice absolutely freaking grating? I mean, Agnes is bad. This heifer? I actually had to turn her down!
It's owl-like, yes. And as for the locations of all the anchorites, you can refer to Mephilia's Notes in the journal for hints on all of them.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-25 12:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep.

It's owl-like, yes. And as for the locations of all the anchorites, you can refer to Mephilia's Notes in the journal for hints on all of them.

Well, I got one in Mount Fragmentium.

Unlocked: Red Mage, Valkyrie, and Summoner, and Ranger! Onto Ch3~
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-25 12:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger's ridiculously powerful, and I abused Valkyrie's Crescent Moon ability to keep kill chains going to level/master jobs faster.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-25 13:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the best places to grind the following (not necessarily all at the same time):

Pg
EXP
JP

I have Growth Egg and Golden Egg unlocked, but cant afford them yet xD
Will 1 egg affect the entire party or will I need 4 to maximize their effectiveness?
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-04-25 13:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the best places to grind the following (not necessarily all at the same time):

Pg
EXP
JP

I have Growth Egg and Golden Egg unlocked, but cant afford them yet xD
Will 1 egg affect the entire party or will I need 4 to maximize their effectiveness?
ch.4 right outside the town of the ice place i forget the name, chapter 5 outside florem w// egg mandys x6 pop there and u get 12k+ exp and 999 JP per fight of those, im there now still grinding @@ ALSO my affinity with anna molly has increased /blush
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2014-04-25 13:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you learn multiple Genomes from one monster? Like Belphegor for example. I read you can get 3 of the -Aja spells from him. Will I have to get 3 of them sent to me or can I learn all 3 in one fight.

Also, Can anyone who has me as their friend send out a Lucifer for Aeroja if you have one :p
By Darkalenia 2014-04-25 14:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ch.4 right outside the town of the ice place i forget the name, chapter 5 outside florem w// egg mandys x6 pop there and u get 12k+ exp and 999 JP per fight of those, im there now still grinding @@ ALSO my affinity with anna molly has increased /blush

Nice! Thanks for that~
I still need to save up to buy a Growth Egg xD

Is it better to buy the Golden Egg first to help save to get the Growth Egg, or should I just gun straight for the Growth Egg?

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Can you learn multiple Genomes from one monster? Like Belphegor for example. I read you can get 3 of the -Aja spells from him. Will I have to get 3 of them sent to me or can I learn all 3 in one fight.

Also, Can anyone who has me as their friend send out a Lucifer for Aeroja if you have one :p

A guide I found here has a comment on it saying you can learn all 3 from 1 battle, more or less.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-25 14:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I never bothered to get a Golden Egg. Merchant makes pg a non-issue once you get the Big Pharma ability and can set up the overnight pg farming trick.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-25 14:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I never bothered to get a Golden Egg. Merchant makes pg a non-issue once you get the Big Pharma ability and can set up the overnight pg farming trick.

I have that via Abilink...whats a good setup for it to work without fail? And where on what mobs? xD
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-04-25 14:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one way to do it: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41946/bravely-default-flying-fairy/10/#2556769

I used the tiger mobs outside of Eisenburg.
By Darkalenia 2014-04-25 15:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
This is one way to do it: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41946/bravely-default-flying-fairy/10/#2556769

I used the tiger mobs outside of Eisenburg.

Awesome, thanks! I'd have never found that xD

I think I'm at the end of chapter 2 now. I'm crying like a baby...

The voice acting of this game is SUPERB. And the music....dont get me started....Best VGM OST of the CENTURY.
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-25 15:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger's ridiculously powerful, and I abused Valkyrie's Crescent Moon ability to keep kill chains going to level/master jobs faster.

Ranger is THE glass cannon. I assigned Tiz to ranger duty and man...he die faster than a mofo, but OMGWTFMAXIMUMDRAW.

I'm thinking about switching from Knight to Valkyrie because Knights do have some def, but I like damage too. Doesn't help that my Edea is ALWAYS last to hit. ALWAYS.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-04-25 16:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i killed all optional bosses bar Derosso/Grand Marshall in ch.5, Anges/Edea almost all mage jobs mastered and the boys have all melee mastered almost, taking forever QQ
By Darkalenia 2014-04-25 16:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I found this video extremely helpful and informative.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2014-04-25 18:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger is THE glass cannon. I assigned Tiz to ranger duty and man...he die faster than a mofo, but OMGWTFMAXIMUMDRAW.

I'm thinking about switching from Knight to Valkyrie because Knights do have some def, but I like damage too. Doesn't help that my Edea is ALWAYS last to hit. ALWAYS.
I never really had a problem with my Ranger(s) dying right away, since I killed fodder mobs on the first turn. Remember; there's nothing preventing you from doing Brave x3 on everyone and going nuts when grinding.
I didn't use Knight past mastering it due to its low damage, and I've yet to have the need for a dedicated tank. If a class is acting too slow for you, you can always slap on some Hermes Sandals/Shoes and see if that helps you at all.

i killed all optional bosses bar Derosso/Grand Marshall in ch.5, Anges/Edea almost all mage jobs mastered and the boys have all melee mastered almost, taking forever QQ
I just finished mastering every job on all characters last night, so now I get to blow through the rest of the story.
[+]
 Asura.Ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-25 22:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I never really had a problem with my Ranger(s) dying right away, since I killed fodder mobs on the first turn. Remember; there's nothing preventing you from doing Brave x3 on everyone and going nuts when grinding.
I didn't use Knight past mastering it due to its low damage, and I've yet to have the need for a dedicated tank. If a class is acting too slow for you, you can always slap on some Hermes Sandals/Shoes and see if that helps you at all.

I just finished mastering every job on all characters last night, so now I get to blow through the rest of the story.

Well my ranger doesn't die right away. He does well with fodder mobs, prolonged fights (ie: boss fights) tend to be where he's usually the first to drop. But like I said I'm probably gonna stop using Knight soon. Not enough damage for my liking.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 30 31 32