Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 153 154 155
By Taint 2017-09-11 18:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Taint said: »
Jinpu cap?

STR or INT?
Acc/Att or Macc/Mdmg?
10wsdmg or 10da or 10MAB?

Does INT even effec the magic portion?

Jinpu cap on what?

First part of Jinpu is a two hit physical WS just like Enpi, all normal modifies apply here.

Second part takes the total damage from the first, multiplies by magic fTP, then adds MDMG and multiplies by WSD, Weather, mRatio, SDT and Resist.

INT has absolutely no role in jinpu, neither does it effect Kagero or Koki. It's 30% STR, so kinda weak for stat mods. It's really down to MAB and WSD with WSD being better point for point but MAB being more plentiful.

Thanks!
Was supposed to be CAPE. So that means STR/Acc/Att/WSdmg?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-11 21:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Jinpu cap?

STR or INT?
Acc/Att or Macc/Mdmg?
10wsdmg or 10da or 10MAB?

Does INT even effec the magic portion?

Jinpu cap on what?

First part of Jinpu is a two hit physical WS just like Enpi, all normal modifies apply here.

Second part takes the total damage from the first, multiplies by magic fTP, then adds MDMG and multiplies by WSD, Weather, mRatio, SDT and Resist.

INT has absolutely no role in jinpu, neither does it effect Kagero or Koki. It's 30% STR, so kinda weak for stat mods. It's really down to MAB and WSD with WSD being better point for point but MAB being more plentiful.

Thanks!
Was supposed to be CAPE. So that means STR/Acc/Att/WSdmg?

Ahh, yeah use your Fudo cape basically. Oh and make sure the damn WHM casts Wind weather on you, they seem to forget they can cast weather on other players.
[+]
 Asura.Kapoku
user: Kohh
By Asura.Kapoku 2017-09-16 02:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If no HQ Kendatsuba for the optimal sets, are the NQ versions worth using? anyone got links to ideal tp/acc sets (including non-sam roll), for Doji? cool tyty!
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-09-16 02:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Here's what I came up with for Masamune sets while ignoring QA3 Valorous (Body+1 and Legs +1 look to be better than QA3 Valorous anyway):

4-Hit No SAM Roll:
ItemSet 351486
- Greaves need at least 7 STP. With 8 STP you can trade Chirich+1 for Petrov.
- Back has 10 DA
- NQ Samue works as well.
Multi-attack totals of 24% DA (34% counting /WAR trait), 10% TA, 3% QA.

5-hit Multi-attack focused No SAM Roll:
ItemSet 351490
- Back has 10 DA
- NQ Samue/Hakama work as well. Feet can be replaced with Valorous Greaves with 5 DA if you don't plan on getting HQ.
Multi-attack totals of 18% DA (28% counting /WAR trait), 24% TA, 5% QA
These were a few pages back.

Do people even bother to look at previous pages anymore?
 Asura.Kapoku
By Asura.Kapoku 2017-09-16 03:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ya i seen the ideal sets with HQ, was wondering about NQ sets, or easily obtainable sets
By afheal 2017-09-16 08:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Here's what I came up with for Masamune sets while ignoring QA3 Valorous (Body+1 and Legs +1 look to be better than QA3 Valorous anyway):

4-Hit No SAM Roll:
ItemSet 351486
- Greaves need at least 7 STP. With 8 STP you can trade Chirich+1 for Petrov.
- Back has 10 DA
- NQ Samue works as well.
Multi-attack totals of 24% DA (34% counting /WAR trait), 10% TA, 3% QA.

5-hit Multi-attack focused No SAM Roll:
ItemSet 351490
- Back has 10 DA
- NQ Samue/Hakama work as well. Feet can be replaced with Valorous Greaves with 5 DA if you don't plan on getting HQ.
Multi-attack totals of 18% DA (28% counting /WAR trait), 24% TA, 5% QA

All of the sets don't "require" HQ, you will just have to make due with what you have.
[+]
 Asura.Kapoku
By Asura.Kapoku 2017-09-16 16:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

it's offical... I can't read! LOL #hookedonphonics anyone? Thanks for the validation and links gents!
[+]
By afheal 2017-09-16 18:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol its all good

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-17 15:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

most rave about it, but I think doji was shown awhile back to be pretty equal, and better once you factor in any chance at doing radience.
 Shiva.Cahota
Server: Shiva
user: cahota420
By Shiva.Cahota 2017-09-17 15:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

them 99k rads are nice.
By Taint 2017-09-17 15:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there are situations where Aeonic is equal to or better than Masa but the 50str and ease of keeping up AM3 make it the go to for most content. All the da/ta/qa really favors Masa as well. Fudo is also our best WS.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-17 17:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

more or less, but you can say that about anything really. Masa is the best, when you cant take advantage of super crazy sc dmg.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-09-17 19:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Disagreed, Dojikiri makes it really easy to maintain 3/4 hit while stacking on tons of TA. My base TP set has 4 hit, 22 TA, 10 QA with M. Eva approaching WHM levels along with staunch tathlum +1. Spreadsheets overweigh white damage by at least a factor of 2 and aren't a good model.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-17 19:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
Disagreed, Dojikiri makes it really easy to maintain 3/4 hit while stacking on tons of TA. My base TP set has 4 hit, 22 TA, 10 QA with M. Eva approaching WHM levels along with staunch tathlum +1. Spreadsheets overweigh white damage by at least a factor of 2 and aren't a good model.

Sephiroth uses Masamune therefor it's the best.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-17 19:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sephiroth was so 4 games ago.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-09-18 00:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why Sephiroth is ***. Doesn't even use BiS, what a *** noob

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-09-18 01:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Masa in a straight zerg wins by 8~13% against a many difficult NMs. However, I have seen great Doji setups that challenge Masa, that even can further enhance M.Eva and survival like Ramzus mentioned. Doji can be the gateway to 3-hit if you aim for that kind of setup.

They are both great GKTs. I just think it depends on your setup and the type of situations you want to challenge yourself in. If you want to straight Zerg. Masa will out perform as long as you have great M. Eva and buffs.

This is very buff driven game. I have access to every single buff, Idris GEOs, SCHs, BRDs, CORs, etc. In my case the difference in survival from Doji to Masa is trivial.

Also, it is also all about how you play like every job. Everyone plays differently. The more you utilize the abilities of your job, the better numbers you can get. This is where playstyle can overcome and create a grey zone in comparing these weapons. I have zerged against SAMs that have used their abilities in perfect sequence, and gain the best out of their DPS potential and surpass SAMs that have really good gear and forget to use Sekkanoki, or Meditate, Hasso, etc.. on time. Everything counts.

I like how Ramzus emphasized on Survival. This is what helps DPS a lot. I agree with him.

**Keep in mind, Masa will drive the numbers dominantly alongside many other Empyrean weapons while against NMs that use Amnesia frequently. This is where AMIII can outshine any other weapon. Those crits are frequent and juicier than Doji's..

I am not a Sephiroth Fanboy. Sephiroth had Aspergers and smokes crack like the guy who initially mentioned him in this thread and others.. We all know who that is..

I would mention his name but he would cry to the Mods and get my post deleted like he always does..
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-09-18 02:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 352473

I haven't bothered to use any other build except this (with no SAM roll) ever since I got my Kendatsuba +1 stuff. If you don't have Moonlight Nodowa then you'll need to use Flamma Zucchetto +1. If you want a 6 hit while maintaining as much M. Eva as possible then you'd swap Niqmaddu or Windbuffet Belt +1 for an STP piece. Moonlight Nodowa owners only need to swap the head for Zuccheto +1 or feet for Greaves to maintain a 3 hit with SAM roll (assume 7 or higher or lucky.)

I've tried numerous parses against WoC with both Doji and Masamune under very high buff conditions (Capped attack, accuracy, 3 hit build etc.) and my damage split with doji is ~ 10.2% melee/89.8% WS and my damage split with masamune is ~ 12.5%/87.5%

3-5k Melee swings literally don't do ***when you are WSing as fast as the game will allow you to. Even with AM3, it only procs triple damage half the time, meaning 1.5 swings between each WS will be triple damage. Assuming your normal swings are capped out at somewhere between 1000-1500, you're adding maybe 3000 in white damage to your melee cycle between each WS. You can see why it seems a lot less attractive once you've really looked deeply. You could argue that Masamune has 50 STR, but then I'd just counter you with 500 TPBonus and depending on what you're fighting, it could go either way.

That's not to say Masamune *isn't* good, it certainly is, and it has its uses. But I think that how good it is is very overstated, and that Dojikiri is probably almost equal in damage under most situations (other than one where you have like warcry and crystal blessing but i mean, really, come on.) and offers more gear versatile, higher defensive capabilities and more skillchain options. In a group spam situation, Masamune probably edges out Dojikiri by a little bit, but as soon as you start factoring the ability to SC, Dojikiri dunks it.

The only time I ever use my Masamune these days is to spam Shoha on Kin, though.

@Syto, if you want to parse with me sometime (both of us test our Masamunes and Dojikiris) just hit me up ingame, my name is Yourfinished.
[+]
By Taint 2017-09-18 07:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Classic FFXI discussion.

"My weapon is 10-12% better"
"No my weapon is 10-12% better and has more def". (Inserts a single item with more def stats, that the first player could have done but the 2nd user did first)

Actual parse results zero. Average attacks and WSs make up and round down or up in your favor.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-18 09:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Masa in a straight zerg wins by 8~13% against a many difficult NMs.

More like ~5% and that's assuming no SC's happen and the Doji never gets up it's AM effect (which boosts SC damage). Stop using spreadsheets to compare Emp AM3 weapons, they vastly overstate melee damage for some reasons.

(Assuming ~410 STR in Fudo and 250 VIT, just ballparking)

Doji
315 + 328 + 41 = 684 * 5.25 = 3591 base damage

Masa
308 + 368 + 42 (fSTR cap) = 718 * 4.25 = 3051 base damage

Now that's before stuff like Attack and WSD, which both are assumed to be capped and using the same WS set and WSing a soon as possible. TP overflow helps Doji even more since Fudo gets a better 2~3K scaling then it does 1~2K and it's very easy to have over 1250TP from overflow though if the player is too slow then you end up wasting the TP Bonus effect.

Being the most conservative and giving Masa the most benefit still has Doji doing ~17% stronger average WS's then Masa. That is the barrier Masa must overcome . It works out that Masa needs to proc once between WS's in order to come about dead even with Doji, so with WS +3 the extra half a hit of average proc puts Masa about 5% ahead of Doji. Again assuming no SC's and Doji never gets up it's AM effect for SCing, which makes the comparison extremely biased against Doji. The moment the SAM starts closing SC's it's clearly in favor of Doji. And none of that is taking into account any build changes the Store TP +10 on both TP and WS might enact.

So there ya have it, both weapons are very powerful and have their different "absolutely best" scenarios. For zerging something like WoC with multiple DD's doing other WS's Masa will win, for any situation where you can do a SC Doji will win. The difference between them is being vastly overstated because of the influx of Doji's from SMN AC burned Aeonic rounds. Just because something takes less time to obtain or is more common doesn't make it inferior.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-09-18 09:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You could honestly put Masa in that Dorji magic evasion set and probably wouldn't see any difference in a parse.

Melee damage on Masa is definitely overstated in the spreadsheets, but SAM roll and multi-attack gear is so powerful right now, the difference in x-hits between the weapons isn't really observable in practice, either.

I've tried numerous times in endgame parses to compare the two and I still hold the ideology that if you're spamming Fudo, AM3 Masa wins out. If you're multi-step skillchaining, Dorji is king. If you could only pick one to make, Dorji is the best choice.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-09-18 10:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
How do you parse vs a WAR in WoC? Equal/better/less?
Also how much should I expect my WS on SAM to do in Ambuscade V1 E with a D286 weapon (Umara +24)? Obviously no COR or BRD or GEO this month and Dia 3 should be on. I am ding 6-7k but other DDs seem to be able to hit much higher, even CDC from BLU.

I've been doing N with my LS, Dia 2 (possibly) only as we've been taking blm instead of rdm for sleeping and debuffs. My WS average over 70+ WSs on Normal was about 7500.

I use Umaru with +28 damage. I am missing Utu Grip and Knobkierre, and Valorous Mail but I have Valorous Head/Hands/Feet with 3/4/3 WSD and AF+3 Legs.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-09-18 10:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
You could honestly put Masa in that Dorji magic evasion set and probably wouldn't see any difference in a parse.

Melee damage on Masa is definitely overstated in the spreadsheets, but SAM roll and multi-attack gear is so powerful right now, the difference in x-hits between the weapons isn't really observable in practice, either.

I've tried numerous times in endgame parses to compare the two and I still hold the ideology that if you're spamming Fudo, AM3 Masa wins out. If you're multi-step skillchaining, Dorji is king. If you could only pick one to make, Dorji is the best choice.

/thread

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-09-18 12:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Masa has the niche uses of one-shotting large snakes in swamps and young women while praying as well as making flight with one wing possible.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 153 154 155