Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 13:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Resist all/tenacity only work on certain status effects (the ones that have job traits as far as I can tell). They won't help you against doom, terror, dispel, any of kind of stat down, etc.

It should help with doom because resist-curse exists and doom is just curse. Also should help with terror because terror is just petrify, seriously resist-petrify / barpetrify works for terror. Dispel isn't a status effect so obviously no resists work on it and I'm not sure about stat downs.

Cheer
Code
Capacity Points +8%
Resist Curse +10
Alter Ego Resist Curse +10

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/15828/blood-ring
Code
[Finger] All Races
Accuracy+5 Enhances "Resist Blind" effect Enhances "Resist Paralyze" effect Enhances "Resist Curse" effect
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-07-21 15:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
It should help with doom because resist-curse exists and doom is just curse. Also should help with terror because terror is just petrify, seriously resist-petrify / barpetrify works for terror.

It doesn't thou.

Try it yourself.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 15:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It should help with doom because resist-curse exists and doom is just curse. Also should help with terror because terror is just petrify, seriously resist-petrify / barpetrify works for terror.

It doesn't thou.

Try it yourself.

I have...

Terror use's the Petrify status resistance, just SE being lazy. Same thing with Curse and Doom. Hell also Silence and Mute, Disease and Plague. If you are petrified and something does a terror move, the terror overwrites the petrify. And Barpetra can help you get lower times on terror. Sadly there is no Bardark so stacking isn't as useful as vs other status ailments.

Now if your thinking about Absolute-Terror, it's hyper accurate but I've resisted it before on RUN through stacking barpetrify.

Now there is no spell called "Terror" just like there is no spell called "Amnesia", they only exist as TP moves or additional effects and thus you won't ever get a "Resist!" message, instead it just doesn't take effect the same as if you'd passed the first magic evasion check.

Note on how Resists work, they are a last ditch one time roll to ignore a status ailment. After the enemy has done a spell or TP move and you've ran through all the resist states, if you would of still taken the effect it does a roll against that percentage and if passed you get a lucky break. RUN's Tenacity is only 15% while other jobs tend to have a 30% chance for a specific status ailment. Some moves have ailments that can never be resisted though, SE cheating like usual.

The ammo + earring would just be a 15% chance of ignoring the status ailment but hey it's better then nothing, especially with ones like amnesia.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-07-21 17:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what you're going on about with barpetrify. All I said was tenacity trait/resist all gear don't work for many status effects, including terror, and they don't.

Gear that specifically says 'resist terror' like sagasinger and founder shoes work as expected.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 20:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All I said was tenacity trait/resist all gear don't work for many status effects, including terror, and they don't.

And I'm saying they do... as someone who has tanked ***that does a lot of status ailments including terror. The only ones that they might not work on is the stat-down and even then I know Resist-Evasion-Down and Resist-Magic-Evasion-Down exists because I've run into them.

I'm not sure what you're going on about with barpetrify.

Because you don't know how status ailments work in FFXI.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-21 20:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The ammo + earring would just be a 15% chance of ignoring the status ailment but hey it's better then nothing, especially with ones like amnesia.
Huh? Earring is 5% and the ammo is 2%, so where did you get 15%?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 20:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The DT is -2%, the Resist is +10

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Staunch_Tathlum
Code
[Ammo] All Races
Resistance to all status ailments +10 Spellcasting interruption rate -10% Damage taken -2%
LV 99 WAR MNK WHM BLM RDM THF PLD DRK BST BRD RNG SAM NIN DRG SMN BLU COR PUP DNC SCH GEO RUN
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-21 20:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh whoops, my complete bad.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-21 23:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of status resistance, has anyone ever tested the resist status moghancemwnts to get a ballpark estimate on their potency?

Which one would you consider the best pick for full-timing for melee DDing?
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-07-22 02:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

just woke my sam up and started to gear it .

any priorities on wich af to get first from omen ? got amano and aeonic
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-22 02:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

hands>legs>body>feet>head
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2017-07-22 12:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate asking but, I think this is the place, anyone would mind posting an up-to-date GS?

It would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-07-22 16:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sagaxi said: »
I hate asking but, I think this is the place, anyone would mind posting an up-to-date GS?

It would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Second this!
By Ruaumoko 2017-07-22 16:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think something similar was posted a few pages back but in case anyone needs it here is a simple Lua rule for locking the Relic feet during Meikyo.
Code
sets.precast.JA['Meikyo Shisui'] = {feet="Sakonji Sune-Ate +1"}

Code
sets.buff.Meikyo = set_combine(sets.engaged.TP, {feet="Sakonji Sune-Ate +1"})

Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
    if buff == "Meikyo Shisui" then
        if gain then
            equip(sets.buff.Meikyo)
            disable('feet')
        else
            enable('feet')
        end
    end
end
[+]
By sirel 2017-07-24 17:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Any other updates on optimal jinpu setup? Thanks for posting those by the way. Also, is there any other way of getting the Sinister Reign gear or further altering their augments? Or is it the classic, kill the mob 400 times and hope for the best.
By aigulfe 2017-07-25 20:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been messing with Jinpu on mosquitoes in Reisenjima a bit. My SAM has roughly 300 JP, an aeonic, utu grip, the three founders pieces and some good WSD pieces.

The variance is pretty spectacular. Seems like my floor is roughly 17-20K but I can often get into the 30-40K range, occasionally into the low 60Ks and one time I hit 78K. I kinda assumed this was from DA, TA or QA procs but I noticed multi hit isn't listed among the top stats to build around. Are the dmg spikes perhaps caused by something else then? I was gonna mess around with putting the Ioskeha Belt in over Fotia to see what happened. If it lowered my floor slightly but I noticed an uptick in the 30-40K type dmg, might be worthwhile.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-25 20:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

aigulfe said: »
I've been messing with Jinpu on mosquitoes in Reisenjima a bit. My SAM has roughly 300 JP, an aeonic, utu grip, the three founders pieces and some good WSD pieces.

The variance is pretty spectacular. Seems like my floor is roughly 17-20K but I can often get into the 30-40K range, occasionally into the low 60Ks and one time I hit 78K. I kinda assumed this was from DA, TA or QA procs but I noticed multi hit isn't listed among the top stats to build around. Are the dmg spikes perhaps caused by something else then? I was gonna mess around with putting the Ioskeha Belt in over Fotia to see what happened. If it lowered my floor slightly but I noticed an uptick in the 30-40K type dmg, might be worthwhile.

The damage spikes are indeed caused my Multi-Attacks and yes they aren't a primary stat for very good reasons.

Jinpu is complex as hell, it's both a physical WS and a magical WS combined, meaning you use both sets of formula's to determine the final damage. In order for you to pack on more Multi-Attack you'd have to drop off MAB, or WSD, TP Bonus or +fTP. To push it higher your going to have to have more buffs. TP Bonus has an ever greater effect then MA because the fTP multiplier is done after all the physical attacks are added together.
By Taint 2017-07-26 12:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lugra+1 when is it best? (besides at night :p)

Any use for Lugra/Lugra+1?

2800+ TP Fudo/Shoha?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-26 13:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

2800+ TP Fudo/Shoha?

I'm using Friomoski for the 10 MAB and Moonshade for the TP Bonus, the next Earring would be Ishvara for the 2% WSD.
By Taint 2017-07-26 14:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

2800+ TP Fudo/Shoha?

I'm using Friomoski for the 10 MAB and Moonshade for the TP Bonus, the next Earring would be Ishvara for the 2% WSD.

Friomisi for Fudo/Shoha? Or are you referencing Jinpu?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-26 14:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

He's referencing Jinpu. Lugra +1/NQ are probably the best when >2750 TP (2250 with Doji/Moonshade) followed by Lugra +1/Moonshade, then Lugra +1/Lugra. 7-8 STR is a pretty good trade off for 2 WSD. It's probably not much of an increase that'd it be worth the inventory space but at least keeping the +1 around for >2250-2750 TP is probably a good idea.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-26 14:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

2800+ TP Fudo/Shoha?

Friomisi for Fudo/Shoha? Or are you referencing Jinpu?

Yeah I derped, thought was referencing Jinpu.
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-28 16:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to get some opinions. So next to the Valorous Mail. What is the 2nd best weapon skill body for Sam. I currently have a 3% wsd Acro body. But not sure how that would hold up to AF1 +2/+3 or Ambu +2 body which would have a pretty solid STR increase.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-07-28 18:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
I would like to get some opinions. So next to the Valorous Mail. What is the 2nd best weapon skill body for Sam. I currently have a 3% wsd Acro body. But not sure how that would hold up to AF1 +2/+3 or Ambu +2 body which would have a pretty solid STR increase.

Ryou body path a
 Lakshmi.Odude
Server: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2017-07-28 19:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I was interested in some JSE cape advice. I'm a returning player and capes seem like a decent first bump up from the gear I had from 3 years ago. The main thread page specifically mentions just 2 capes and I was wondering if there are other prudent options.

I have a STR+30/WSD+10% cape, but wondered if a STR+30/DblAtk cape would be helpful for Rana/Shoha. Or would a STR+20/Atk+30 be useful for Kaiten?

I had planned to do a Fast Cast/MagEva cape, but are there others I should consider. My DRK is in the way to 6 or 7 capes, and didn't want my SAM to feel left out.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-07-28 19:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Odude said: »
I was interested in some JSE cape advice. I'm a returning player and capes seem like a decent first bump up from the gear I had from 3 years ago. The main thread page specifically mentions just 2 capes and I was wondering if there are other prudent options.

I have a STR+30/WSD+10% cape, but wondered if a STR+30/DblAtk cape would be helpful for Rana/Shoha. Or would a STR+20/Atk+30 be useful for Kaiten?

I had planned to do a Fast Cast/MagEva cape, but are there others I should consider. My DRK is in the way to 6 or 7 capes, and didn't want my SAM to feel left out.

Did some spreadsheet testing to answer this. These results are with buffs. Can post specifics if requested. 30 STR 10 WSD > 20 STR 30 Att on rana, shoha, and kaiten. However, 30 STR 10 DA > 30 STR 10 WSD on rani (3hit) and 30 STR 10 DA < 30 STR 10 WSD on shoha (2hit) and kaiten.

TLDR: Use 30 STR 10 WSD on shoha and kaiten, but for rana 30 STR 10 DA can pull ahead (did the test with /war subjob).
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-29 09:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Sylph.Darkside said: »

Ryou body path a
Out of curiosity, when I look at even the +1 it doesn't look better than, maybe just equal to the 2 pieces I mentioned. Why would you say this one? Again, just curious.
By geigei 2017-07-29 12:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything is inferior to valorous, dirt cheap to augm these days.
[+]
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-07-29 12:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My mistake. I overlooked them and was confident enough in my wrong napkin math answer to post it lol. Did some spreadsheeting to compensate. Capped Acc is assumed. All three of those you mentioned will beat Ryou A. Surprisingly turns out Acro with 3WSD aug will beat af1+3 and ambu. +2 body for WS by a small margin. This is for Fudo, so this margin is smaller for multihit WS since WSD doesn't affect multihit as much. Slap some att/acc on 3WSD Acro if you need it and that should hold you on WSing until Vmail with decent augs.

Edit: Hope this helps Darkside. Apologies for vagueness + carelessness in my previous answer to your question.
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-29 14:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenomorph said: »
My mistake. I overlooked them and was confident enough in my wrong napkin math answer to post it lol. Did some spreadsheeting to compensate. Capped Acc is assumed. All three of those you mentioned will beat Ryou A. Surprisingly turns out Acro with 3WSD aug will beat af1+3 and ambu. +2 body for WS by a small margin. This is for Fudo, so this margin is smaller for multihit WS since WSD doesn't affect multihit as much. Slap some att/acc on 3WSD Acro if you need it and that should hold you on WSing until Vmail with decent augs.

Edit: Hope this helps Darkside. Apologies for vagueness + carelessness in my previous answer to your question.
This helps immensely. Always good to hear I'm not way off path. Thank you!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 153 154 155