Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 153 154 155
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-07-17 17:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

seems like jinpu melts escha zi tah dragon , did some 70k+ on it . avg around 40k . not sure if it was the weakend version .
By jopa 2017-07-17 18:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
On Lode Golem with Aeonic Jinpu did 9DMG naked otherwise(1k +500 from Aeonic and at 3k). Umaru did 0 DMG. so it is calculated at some point. Just to make sure it wasn't something weird with Aeonic adding 10 more Magic Damage via Ghastly Tathlum got it to do 10DMG.
After doing some testing as SAM vs. Blest Bones and NIN vs. Lode Golem, you can tell damage for the elemental hit in hybrd WS will always be

(0 + Magic Damage)*MAB/MDB*WSD

WSC does not apply (Utu Grip has no effect) and fTP either does not apply or is applied to the base damage before Magic Damage+ is added (Fotia in both slots has no effect). This all lines up with what has been observed from Flaming Crush.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-17 18:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Cause its fun?

Changed it up. I swapped my sub to DRK and kept Last Resort and Hasso up when I could. Use Ageha on most of the mobs and kept up AM3 fulltime. WS went off 1500-2000 TP though.

I also dug up KParser so the WSAvgs werent skewed as much by Ageha/Rana.

ItemSet 352373

Tachi Jinpus
3615(low)/46892(high) 18111.63(avg)
i can run these when i get home. had some strange outliers at 3000 tp on only two hit returns even when naked
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-17 19:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just playing around with Jinpu on Apex Crabs/Jagils in Dho Gates. Saw spikes of 25-30k over 75 WS but my average was 10k. This was with Quiltada/Yoran/Ulmia/Joachim/WHMMULE

ItemSet 352373

Valorous Mask 30acc/21att/4wsd
Cape 20str/20acc/10wsd
Breastplate Capped
Gauntlets 8STR/15att/13MAB
Greaves(lol) no mab...
Note I don't have Knobierreee either so I left the slot blank.

All in all far lower than expected after looking over this thread but not a perfect set.

EDIT: I was sub warrior for provoke/ran berserk/warcry/aggressor when they were up.
any idea what buffs you happened to have up from trusts? most of your numbers fall under the expected values without malaise
 Asura.Fiasko
Server: Asura
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-17 19:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Cause its fun?

Changed it up. I swapped my sub to DRK and kept Last Resort and Hasso up when I could. Use Ageha on most of the mobs and kept up AM3 fulltime. WS went off 1500-2000 TP though.

I also dug up KParser so the WSAvgs werent skewed as much by Ageha/Rana.

ItemSet 352373

Tachi Jinpus
3615(low)/46892(high) 18111.63(avg)
i can run these when i get home. had some strange outliers at 3000 tp on only two hit returns even when naked

Would it be better if I only WS at 3000TP?

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I was just playing around with Jinpu on Apex Crabs/Jagils in Dho Gates. Saw spikes of 25-30k over 75 WS but my average was 10k. This was with Quiltada/Yoran/Ulmia/Joachim/WHMMULE

ItemSet 352373

Valorous Mask 30acc/21att/4wsd
Cape 20str/20acc/10wsd
Breastplate Capped
Gauntlets 8STR/15att/13MAB
Greaves(lol) no mab...
Note I don't have Knobierreee either so I left the slot blank.

All in all far lower than expected after looking over this thread but not a perfect set.

EDIT: I was sub warrior for provoke/ran berserk/warcry/aggressor when they were up.
any idea what buffs you happened to have up from trusts? most of your numbers fall under the expected values without malaise

I am sure it was march/march/mad/min chaos/fighters (until the trust ran out of mp then ballads/evokers)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-17 20:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yes. the difference in tp and debuffs/buffs are problematic at times. all the numbers except the lowest few are pretty expected. the lowest one seems to be a kill on the first hit with the next few appearing to be no age ha or different buffs. which is why the numbers seem to be a steady increase too
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-17 20:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Koga AG Sam/War Fighter,Choas, 2x march haste2 trusts only

I just Jinpu'd Tchakka to death. When it comes back up I guess I'll burn through Doji.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-17 20:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like those numbers are insanely low for koga. I was using Umaru and wsavg want nearly as low as that on apex bats. Again, should be using Ageha at start
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-17 20:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I did and rana lol
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-07-17 22:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I did another round at 3k tp with Ageha at the start of each bat and it helped wsavg a lot.

16k low 59k high with 29k avg over 55 WS.

I lost the individual WS when Kparser crashed but was using Quilt/Ulmia/Koru so I had Last Resort/Hasso/Dia3/Chaos/Fighters. I would put the median WS around 24k at 3ktp and Koga. Still better than Jinpu in the same scenario.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2017-07-18 16:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone try working the Sanctity Necklace into their WS set for Jinpu? Or is Fotia the way to go for sure.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-19 17:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

jopa said: »
On Lode Golem with Aeonic Jinpu did 9DMG naked otherwise(1k +500 from Aeonic and at 3k). Umaru did 0 DMG. so it is calculated at some point. Just to make sure it wasn't something weird with Aeonic adding 10 more Magic Damage via Ghastly Tathlum got it to do 10DMG.
After doing some testing as SAM vs. Blest Bones and NIN vs. Lode Golem, you can tell damage for the elemental hit in hybrd WS will always be

WSC does not apply (Utu Grip has no effect) and fTP either does not apply or is applied to the base damage before Magic Damage+ is added (Fotia in both slots has no effect). This all lines up with what has been observed from Flaming Crush.

Did you always get the same damage from it? Curious to see if the elemental damage is applied on a per-hit basis or as a final damage after the physical hits? If it's per-hit then the MDMG values should be higher if you proc a multi-attack and lower one of the two hits miss.

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Anyone try working the Sanctity Necklace into their WS set for Jinpu? Or is Fotia the way to go for sure.

I initially had the Baetyl Pendant and the Fotia gorget gave me better results, so it should be better then the Sanctity Neck.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-07-19 20:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If one with both Koga and Doji and close to ideal jinpu set could do a good amount of parses on sang buaya (Silence him with a willing mate and use ovjaang/koru trust to dispel his defense buff). Maybe the difference in the the average DPS/WSD parse will be big and consistent enough to make one feel safe to say "okay x GKT wins for me on this mob for jinpu using the set on the video". If this happens to be the case please post results. Aeonic GKT (almost got one myself) is already strong and would be nice to look forward to this build push it in a crazy direction.

Of course it doesn't have to be sang buaya, just aim for consistency. I can be that willing mate to silence if one is up for that particular idea. If I wasted your thoughts, I apologize and thank you for your time.
By Tename 2017-07-19 22:34:31
Link | Quote | Reply

is Gavialis helm a no go at this point?
By jopa 2017-07-20 19:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Did you always get the same damage from it? Curious to see if the elemental damage is applied on a per-hit basis or as a final damage after the physical hits? If it's per-hit then the MDMG values should be higher if you proc a multi-attack and lower one of the two hits miss.
It was always the same exact damage unless I changed gear, with Magic Damage, MAB, WSD, and weather/day/possibly other elemental stuff being the only things that affect it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-20 20:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It was always the same exact damage unless I changed gear, with Magic Damage, MAB, WSD, and weather/day/possibly other elemental stuff being the only things that affect it.

That was what I was suspecting all along, the elemental damage isn't being applied per-hit and is instead being applied at the end after all physical damage was done. That would make +WSD effect the entire WS and explain a lot of what I was seeing.

Means
Code
(x * wsd) + (x * wsd * magic mods) 

Is incorrect.

And this
Code
Hit1 + Hit2 + Hit2 = PDMG

(PDMG + MDMG) x mRatio x weather x WSD x SDT = Final Damage

Is more accurate.

And because you just tested SDT, we know that SDT is being applied separately for both the physical hits then from the magical ones. I would even surmise that the first physical hit is also getting WSD like a normal multi-hit WS.
Code

((PDMG * SDT)+ MDMG) x mRatio x weather x WSD x SDT = Final Damage

So Jinpu is doing a regular physical multi-hit WS calculated just like every other multi-hit WS. It then takes the final damage of that physical WS and applies it as base magic damage for the magic attack that then gets WSD. Explains why procing multi-hits has such a dramatic effect when coupled with WSD. Fotia would only have such a large impact because the first hit of the physical WS is likely getting it's own WSD.

Next thing to test,

The previous testing was done to "confirm" a 0.5 was dividing it by 2, under the assumption that half was always magic, if we remove the magic which wouldn't proc because it ran out of HP, we can surmise the first hit is 1.0 fTP . This would make sense with the previous JP poster talking about mistranslations, the TP modifier might just be a multiplier of the final physical damage.
Code
((PDMG * fTP * SDT)+ MDMG) x mRatio x weather x WSD x SDT = Final Damage

Would explain quite a few things, especially if the number was something like 0.5 / 1.5 / 2.5 or however.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-07-20 22:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That was what I was suspecting all along, the elemental damage isn't being applied per-hit and is instead being applied at the end after all physical damage was done. That would make +WSD effect the entire WS and explain a lot of what I was seeing.

Means
Code
(x * wsd) + (x * wsd * magic mods) 

Is incorrect.

And this
Code

(PDMG + MDMG) x mRatio x weather x WSD x SDT = Final Damage

Is more accurate.

And because you just tested SDT, we know that SDT is being applied separately for both the physical hits then from the magical ones. I would even surmise that the first physical hit is also getting WSD like a normal multi-hit WS.
Code

((PDMG * SDT)+ MDMG) x mRatio x weather x WSD x SDT = Final Damage

So Jinpu is doing a regular physical multi-hit WS calculated just like every other multi-hit WS. It then takes the final damage of that physical WS and applies it as base magic damage for the magic attack that then gets WSD. Explains why procing multi-hits has such a dramatic effect when coupled with WSD. Fotia would only have such a large impact because the first hit of the physical WS is likely getting it's own WSD.

Next thing to test,

The previous testing was done to "confirm" a 0.5 was dividing it by 2, under the assumption that half was always magic, if we remove the magic which wouldn't proc because it ran out of HP, we can surmise the first hit is 1.0 http://fTP. This would make sense with the previous JP poster talking about mistranslations, the TP modifier might just be a multiplier of the final physical damage.
Code
((PDMG * fTP * SDT)+ MDMG) x mRatio x weather x WSD x SDT = Final Damage

Would explain quite a few things, especially if the number was something like 0.5 / 1.5 / 2.5 or however.

So, with all that(and it is a lot) said, What Set would you suggest if anything diff from what you see in the last few pages? Aside from GK gearing all other slots would be what I am asking for.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-20 22:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
So, with all that(and it is a lot) said, What Set would you suggest if anything diff from what you see in the last few pages? Aside from GK gearing all other slots would be what I am asking for.

WSD, MAB, TP Bonus and some MA tossed on top, STR is of secondary concern since it's only 30% WSC. I'm curious about QA augmented valorous but I don't think it's going to beat Founders in most slots or the WSD +10% legs. MAB in Legs / Head might be competitive with WSD though. Ohh and the weather belt if you can convince your WHM/SCH to cast Windstorm on you, it not only boosts Jinpu's damage but also the resulting detonation SC's.
 Quetzalcoatl.Alvon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Alvon
By Quetzalcoatl.Alvon 2017-07-21 05:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If Jinpu works the same way as Flaming Crush, I think the biggest question is that can it crit? That would explain the unusual spark damage we were seeing if it does. Shouldn't be too bad to test out with cor smn war.
By Bahadir 2017-07-21 06:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

We had a similar discussion about Blade: Chi in the Nin forum
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49614/blade-chi-damage-formula/2/

I tested quite a few things back then about how hybrid WS work and what affects the dmg. Might want to look into that as well.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 07:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
We had a similar discussion about Blade: Chi in the Nin forum
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49614/blade-chi-damage-formula/2/

I tested quite a few things back then about how hybrid WS work and what affects the dmg. Might want to look into that as well.

Thanks and that pretty much confirmed what I've been suspecting. Also funny is that you nailed the fTP values I was estimating and this behavior is not unique to Jinpu, it's all hybrid WS's.

Quetzalcoatl.Alvon said: »
If Jinpu works the same way as Flaming Crush, I think the biggest question is that can it crit? That would explain the unusual spark damage we were seeing if it does. Shouldn't be too bad to test out with cor smn war.

You mean COR SAM WAR? Yeah next time I get some people together we'll see what happens when we max out crit hit rate.
By Bahadir 2017-07-21 07:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you need Cor Sam War? Wouldnt it be easier to just go to Aby? Pretty easy to get 100% Crit rate there. And from my extensive tests with Chi I never observed a single Crit or spike dmg I couldnt explain with multi-hit procs. So I doubt Jinpu would be any different. But I have to admit I never actively tried to max crit rate so might ve just been unlucky.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 08:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahadir said: »
Why would you need Cor Sam War? Wouldnt it be easier to just go to Aby? Pretty easy to get 100% Crit rate there. And from my extensive tests with Chi I never observed a single Crit or spike dmg I couldnt explain with multi-hit procs. So I doubt Jinpu would be any different. But I have to admit I never actively tried to max crit rate so might ve just been unlucky.

Because Aby mobs are HP's that are too low, we like to use Apex mobs because we know they can absorb multiple hits. We do a round of 20~30 regular WS's, then do crit boosts and do them again. If crit effected it would immediately be noticeable.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-21 12:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

came up with an interesting little SAM magic hybrid set, kendatsuba +1 is very similar to inyanga +1 in m. eva which would make it fairly attractive for resisting caturae status effect ***. i built a set that still gives you a 4 hit while maximizing m. eva and subtle blow. you also get a fair bit of multistrikes out of this. if you don't have moonlight nodowa you can swap in reiki yotai on your waist.

the set works with NQ kendatsuba as well it's just obviously not as effective

ItemSet 352473
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-21 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If your going for resistance then look up Staunch Tathlum and Hearty Earring, those are pretty much the best for resisting stuff.
By Brynach 2017-07-21 13:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, could swap to the staunch if you have a full-stp takaha mantle without losing the 4-hit or any of the MA.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-21 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

57 STP is needed to maintain 4-hit, so unfortunately with this set you can't swap anything. I assume people have multiple tiers of hybrid though so another hybrid which sacrifices 4 hit for more resistance is also a good idea
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-07-21 13:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Resist all/tenacity only work on certain status effects (the ones that have job traits as far as I can tell). They won't help you against doom, terror, dispel, any of kind of stat down, etc.
By Brynach 2017-07-21 13:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
57 STP is needed to maintain 4-hit, so unfortunately with this set you can't swap anything. I assume people have multiple tiers of hybrid though so another hybrid which sacrifices 4 hit for more resistance is also a good idea

Yeah, but Takaha Mantle gets that aug of +3 stp for a total of 13. Since Ginsen has +3 stp on it, you could make that one change. That's only if you feel like losing out on some DEX and ACC/ATT.
Small change; a bit nit-picky, but possible.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-07-21 13:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops, fair point. Forgot that thing went up to 13 STP since I haven't used mine in forever. Fixed the set to reflect that.
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 153 154 155