Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-15 22:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Oh I was going off rau's post about the belt but yea was thinking regal might be the alternative

4% WSD is better then 10 STR and 10 DEX. I've changed from Friomisi to Ishvara because of how potent WSD is on this WS.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-15 22:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok how about posting a set since this is conflicting from what Rua states and I am already tired of swapping gear all over the place and my lua for this.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-15 23:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
Ok how about posting a set since this is conflicting from what Rua states and I am already tired of swapping gear all over the place and my lua for this.

I was the SAM with Rua seeing how jinpu responded to different stats. WSD seems to effect it far more then it should have and MA makes it crazy strong. Mratio would be after those. The earring is something that needs more testing because 10 mab is strong yet WSD is being very strong. Also use the damn weather belt if you have storm up, big increase.

If you are looking for definitive answers then your SOL. Hybrid WS's aren't as well mapped out as the other types.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-15 23:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

First off I am aware of hybrid's, plus since you are the accuracy in sets police I figured since it will pair with legs that would be good since "the physical part is actually done twice but the second part is what is multiplied by magic attack. so it's like (x * pdf) + (x * pdf * mab) so if your pdf is low it'll suck just like any pure physical weapon skill and second hit and any multiple attacks also are physical only."
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-15 23:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF are you smoking...

Jinpu is two physical hits and can proc additional hits. Normally WSD only applies to the first hit in a WS but it seems to be also applied to the final magic damage. The base magic damage is the total of all physical damage. That is then ran through mRatio and then the whole thing gets weather bonus and WSD.

What we don't really know is if the magic component has own fTP and some of the relationships involving SDT vs PDT vs MDT.

Hit1 + Hit2 + Hit2 = PDMG

(PDMG + MDMG) x mRatio x weather x WSD x SDT = Final Damage

This is why Multi-Attacks procing can cause extremely high damage. High as in 70-99K high. Killing apex mobs in two or three WS's high. Raising the total physical damage directly raises the base magic damage which is then further raised by WSD and weather effects.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-07-15 23:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You win, I absolutely *** hate dealing with you and you're wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-15 23:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Your statement contradicts everything we just proved. If it worked the way you stated then 70-99k would not be possible and we wouldn't of got those numbers. Now continue with your aspergers moment.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Weapon_Skill_Damage

WSD also effects all the hits on sturmwind so it's not absolute on first hit only.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-07-16 00:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My only curiosity is, does this change the gearing paradigm, is it worth putting more DA/TA/QA into this WS at the cost of other stats.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-16 00:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selindrile said: »
My only curiosity is, does this change the gearing paradigm, is it worth putting more DA/TA/QA into this WS at the cost of other stats.

At first I didn't bother but then Rua got an LS mate to bring their mule COR down to us. One Fighters Roll later and ***got unreal. From 30 - 40k averages with 50-60k spikes to 60-70k averages with 90-99k spikes.

So now I'm looking into a few spots but it's hard to know whats a good trade off. Mratio is important and founders has alot. WSD seems to be massive also, so hard to change there. Head and earrings are the only flexible slots.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2017-07-16 00:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's tough, with so many stats that seem to be applicable for this WS, knowing which tradeoffs to make, wish we had a handy dandy calculator, but we'd have to be more exact on the forumla, first.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2017-07-16 00:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Interested in the Doji vs Koga comparison.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-16 00:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Selindrile said: »
Yeah it's tough, with so many stats that seem to be applicable for this WS, knowing which tradeoffs to make, wish we had a handy dandy calculator, but we'd have to be more exact on the forumla, first.

Yeah that's what drives me nuts here. We don't have enough knowledge on the exact math to make a simulator and fine detailed x vs y. We can draw general comparisons like 10 STR < 4 WSD but detailed ones like DA vs MAB vs WSD is much harder.

Also the fTP values are all wrong. They were put there in 2013 and all are the exact same with no reference. In 2016 SE raised them but we don't know what to. Thats pretty important for Dojin vs Koga and fotia, moonshade and MA comparisons. I'm also curious about if there is some sort of "magic fTP" that is being applied because fotia was much stronger then 13 MAB, to much stronger for a multihit.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-16 01:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Money is on Koga. Soboro Jinpu Spam used to compete with Amano back in the day when Amano/Yoichi and Apoc were all the Jaz.
Koga i1193 with AM3 is 30% MA/TA. Sam can get another 15-20% TA at least now from gear... 50% of your Jinpu's having a TA proc vs TP bonus of Doji. I'm not a SAM expert, maybe a few Jinpu's can build up to a radiance? but i still don't think that's going to beat Koga AM3.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-16 01:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Money is on Koga. Soboro Jinpu Spam used to compete with Amano back in the day when Amano/Yoichi and Apoc were all the Jaz.
Koga i1193 with AM3 is 30% MA/TA. Sam can get another 15-20% TA at least now from gear... 50% of your Jinpu's having a TA proc vs TP bonus of Doji. I'm not a SAM expert, maybe a few Jinpu's can build up to a radiance? but i still don't think that's going to beat Koga AM3.

Mythic AM3 is not TA/DA its OaX, very important for sequence of proc. SCs don't build up, it's merely a matter of linking various properties and no amount of T1 properties can make a T3 much less the T4.

Order of proc is
QA
TA
DA
OaX.

If a higher proc happens then you stop checking and you get two rolls per WS but only one mythic OaX proc. Soboro could never proc on WS, it did nothing for Jinpu damage though it was a TP beast. Koga vs Dojin would be extremely interesting but impossible to math because we don't know the TP anchor points. They most certainly are not 0.5 / 0.75 / 1.0.
By geigei 2017-07-16 02:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Inc nerf or this is SE's way to pimp their beloved job? the few people who knew about this did a good job keeping it under the radar.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-07-16 05:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Inc nerf or this is SE's way to pimp their beloved job? the few people who knew about this did a good job keeping it under the radar.
And really if that's the case it screams bug to me but hey, it is the beloved child after all
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-07-16 06:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
but hey, it is the beloved child after all

The 24hr campaign on the 15th was a total flop, but this is giving me a real sense of nostalgia!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-16 08:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not doing Heishi next. Doji here I come!!!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-16 09:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

((d * ftp * pdf) + (d * ftp * pdf * magic mods)) * wsd is the same as (d * ftp * pdf * wsd) + (d * ftp * pdf * magic mods * wsd)

which is why it looks like weapon skill damage is being calculated twice.

and without proper results, which you can't discern if you claim the ftp is wrong, going with
hit 1 = ((d * ftp * pdf) + (d * ftp * pdf * magic modifiers)) * wsd

additional hits = (d * pdf) + (d * pdf * magic modifiers)

hasn't ruled out anything. it's possible ftp may transfer but we don't have any actual results yet from these tests to say.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-16 09:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Soboro could never proc on WS,
Really? Memory is foggy - how did our Jinpu's compete against Kaiten in meripos? This is before anyone ever geared for MAB(wasn't even really accessible on melee back then) and even before GEO existed. Pretty much the only debuffs relative to dmg would be a RDM's DiaII/III and buffs were Minuets. Yet 2k Jinpus were common enough in an age of good ws dmg being 1-1.5k. Weren't Colibri also wind based? That's where the majority of Jinpu action happened. If you're sure Soboro didn't proc on Jinpu you're sure, But I remember it proced on everything including gekko.
of T1 properties can make a T3 much less the T4.
Meant is there a 5-6 step that incorporates Jinpu's at some point (early/mid setup)?

Koga vs Dojin would be extremely interesting but impossible to math because we don't know the TP anchor points.

In the absence of math, its a good thing we have people willing to do practical testing. I'm just going to use Doji when I get it or Masa as I can't be arsed to do another mythic. never again.. enough is enough.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-16 10:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

soboro never proceed on weapon skills.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-16 11:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

fair enough - what accounted for the big dmg spikes with it?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-16 13:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
fair enough - what accounted for the big dmg spikes with it?

Multiple MA procs from DA as /WAR. MA can proc twice in WS's with two or more hits. The result is that one DA raises your damage ~30% and two doubles it. Something isn't normal with multihit and WSD though cause normally it's only on first hit which makes it less valuable on multihits.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-16 19:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

please show some actual proof that it is applying to more than one hit then.

ftp at 1000 is .5

if you force a sneak attack then just add one to your ratio before the pdf randomizer. it isn't hard and you're just nitpicking.

magic damage from weapon does not apply to the magic portion of jinpu.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-16 19:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
ftp at 1000 is .5

Where is any proof of this? Testing or something, BGwiki was updated in 2013 without any link or reference. Also the value of every single hybrid WS is set to 0.5 / 0.75 / 1.0 even after SE stated they were raising them. The fact they are all copy pasted tells me they are wrong. Go look up the Ninja hybrid WS to see the strangely exact fTP values with zero testing or confirmation.

Quote:
please show some actual proof that it is applying to more than one hit then.

When testing the numbers I removed by back did about a dozen WS's without COR rolls and then reapplied the back and did another dozen. The increase in damage, especially at the high end, was well outside what WSD on first hit only would give, especially if that hit was only 0.7 http://fTP.

Observation always trumps theory, every day all day. Rua has already provided video evidence of those with just trusts and my sets are slightly better then his. Now if you have any more questions go out and mess around yourself and see what we're talking about.

if you force a sneak attack then just add one to your ratio before the pdf randomizer. it isn't hard and you're just nitpicking.

pDiff isn't done twice per hit, the results of the first physical component are used as the base magic damage for the magic component. Mathematically it doesn't make much difference as it all averages out, unless your using Sneak Attack.

Quote:
magic damage from weapon does not apply to the magic portion of jinpu.

I'm not so sure anymore because magic damage is being applied to skill chains and it is applied to magic WS's. The current info is just ***people copied from Studio Gobli over a decade ago without any verification and most of that has long since been disproved.

Anyhow two shotting Apex mobs is more then enough *proof* that the current theory on hybrid WS's isn't accurate. I'm all for finding out exactly how these works because they are obviously highly exploitable and it's impossible to fine tune sets when we don't know the inner workings of them.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-07-16 20:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

base 281, 107 str. wsc of 32. fstr of 27. with sneak attack and .5 http://ftp. 0 magic attack bonus or any other magic modification

(((281 + 27 + 32) * .5 ) * 4.75) gives a value of 807 with a max roll of 847. 807 * 2 is 1614 and 847 * 2 is 1694. all of my sneak jinpus fell within this range with an average of 1663.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 153 154 155