Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 153 154 155
By Elvisquestly 2016-12-17 05:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dirtaru said: »
Afterglowed Masamune on Friday and man is it fun. Very happy with the results so far! Couldn't figure out how to post picture here lol

Congrats. Any tips for someone who is thinking about getting a Masamune? Would like to get some insight from some Masamune users on their path to Masamune completion.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2016-12-17 09:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently commented on Masa SAM in the Omen thread because it seemed like it has been under people's radar for awhile. I stated its maximum DPS compared to BLU, but didn't provide any details, so I'd like to expand a little here.

The 6500 "theoretical maximum DPS" I posted was just under normal situations: no 2hrs and no COR rolls, but still assuming capped attack/accuracy to show a direct comparison to BLU's 4900 DPS assuming the same. When adding rolls, WAR's warcry TP bonus, vorseals and SP2, SAM's DPS skyrockets up to 11000-14000, which was hard for me to believe at first, but after doing melee WoC and Kouryu for myself on SAM, it was fairly clear the numbers weren't far off. For example, my average Fudo for WoC was 30K, and that's with about 30-45 seconds of Fudos after Bolsters wore. My Fudos during SP2 were doing 50-60K~ and I literally could not WS fast enough during the duration of SP2.

Like everything in FFXI, ***'s situational; SAM won't be the best in every situation. It suffers greatly when buffs are low. I just wanted to highlight the fact that SAM isn't a lolDD and that when buffed/geared correctly, it's still a monster.

The one other thing I think has gone under the radar is the QA+3 on Valorous for TP. I've never mentioned it because of its sheer rarity and astronomical cost, but if there are any SAMs out there looking to take it to the next level, I've found that AM3 Masa with 4/5(well, now 3 of 5 because of new Omen body) QA+3 Valorous is significantly better than other options, even if it means dropping to 5hit.
[+]
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2016-12-19 00:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I started to realize my SAM was no longer 'lol' status when I picked up my aeonic and (after some needed Valorous upgrades) started doing some great damage with it. I'm sure the aeonic is quite a ways away from a Masamune in AM3, but I guess it'll suffice until I build enough voidstones back to make one.

How are SAMs doing on acc in Omen? Even with Valorous augments within the range of DEX+10 Acc+32~35 and some select Ambuscade armor, it seems hard to keep up, particularly on the Caturae.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-19 01:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's Gin you're having accuracy issues on, that's understandable since he appears to be a THF job, thus lots of evasion; at least compared to Kin. There's really nothing you can do if you're still missing stuff with all your possible accuracy swaps (don't forget Amano if you have one) except use more accuracy buffs.

My group actually doesn't bring a tank, so I've been using a hybrid set instead on Empty and Caturae. We do, however, bring a BRD, so with the Madrigals on Empty and SV Madrigals on Caturae I can pretty much hit anything.

This is what I use and I sit at 1112 accuracy before buffs and food:
ItemSet 311469

Can be improved with some good DT/Acc Valorous hands/feet, but I haven't gotten around to trying to make some. I go /DRK for Arcane Circle, extra Smite, and, though counter-intuitive, Last Resort as well if I feel safe enough; helps since it'll cap my delay from not using Hasso gear in my Hybrid set.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2016-12-19 12:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated TP sets. Works for Aeonic and Amano also. Not absolutely perfect, but what I'm using. If people aren't interested in chasing the QA unicorn on Valorous, just ignore the first 2 TP sets.

Masa TP Low
Masa TP Mid
Masa TP Mod
Masa TP High
Masa TP Max
ItemSet 266064ItemSet 323893ItemSet 323894ItemSet 323895ItemSet 353088
1044 Accuracy
1100 Accuracy
1143 Accuracy
1189 Accuracy
1240 Accuracy

• DEX+20 Acc+30 Atk+20 DA+10 on mantle.
• QA+2 or 3 on Valorous pieces.
• The reason for Ginsen is to allow WSing in Knobkierrie, otherwise stick with Cibi.

Edit: It's unclear which DPS is right, so removing this comment for now.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-12-19 12:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What ring till Niqmaddu Ring?
By Sensational 2016-12-19 13:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

My guess would be Petrov Ring until you can get the new one. It looks like Ejiin has concluded that DA/TA/QA is worth more DPS than a 4-hit build. All his sets above appear to be 5-hit. His mid set above, is roughly 1.65 attacks per round with all that multi hit gear.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-19 13:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Updated TP sets. Works for Aeonic and Amano also. Not absolutely perfect, but what I'm using. If people aren't interested in chasing the QA unicorn on Valorous, just ignore the first 2 TP sets.

Masa TP Low
Masa TP Mid
Masa TP Mod
Masa TP High
Masa TP Max
ItemSet 266064ItemSet 323893ItemSet 323894ItemSet 323895ItemSet 323896
1044 Accuracy
1100 Accuracy
1143 Accuracy
1189 Accuracy
1240 Accuracy

Also, it's looking like 6500 DPS for Masa was an error and it's actually more around 8600. With COR rolls and SP2, it easily exceeds 14K DPS.

What WS set did you use?
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2016-12-19 13:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »

Petrov

Asura.Fiasko said: »

What WS set did you use?

It's harder to make sets for WS because it depends much more on augments and there's too many combos of STR/WSDMG/Acc/Atk on Valorous that can edge each other out. Cookie cutter set would be 5/5 Valorous with WSDMG+5% and pray for any amount of STR. STR+10-15 and WSDMG+3-4 from Taupe can be easier to get and be better than just 5% WSDMG without any STR, though. Dark Matter can also get WSDMG+10%, but again, another unicorn.
[+]
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-19 15:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks I am having a hard time to get Fudo to a respectable place and I think the whole augmenting system is my problem (dragging my feet about sitting in Norg for hours). I am also using AG Koga and don't really plan on making Masa AG. Thanks for all you do for the game!
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2016-12-25 00:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested out the AF +2/3 hands with riceballs to see what the new buffs are by chance?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-25 01:33:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's most likely just double what a normal piece would add. For example, looking at an Ojo Rice Ball:

The stats under "Effect:" are what each "enhances rice ball" gear adds. So Wakido Kote +3 are most likely Attack+120, DEF+80, TA+4% by themselves, then add Roshi Jinpachi and Nobushi Kyahan and you're looking at a total of Attack+240, DEF+160, TA+8%.
By voiceless 2016-12-25 03:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

Masa TP Low
Masa TP Mid
Masa TP Mod
Masa TP High
Masa TP Max
ItemSet 266064ItemSet 323893ItemSet 323894ItemSet 323895ItemSet 323896
1044 Accuracy
1100 Accuracy
1143 Accuracy
1189 Accuracy
1240 Accuracy

Also, it's looking like 6500 DPS for Masa was an error and it's actually more around 8600. With COR rolls and SP2, it easily exceeds 14K DPS.

What WS set did you use?

Cant afford ryuo +1 for tp i guess stick with valorous ?
By Treynar 2016-12-25 13:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump - anyone got a good SAM lua that they would share with me?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-25 23:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My findings when excluding QA+3 Valorous. Fairly minor differences between the GKs. Leaving accuracy swaps out for now:

Masamune:
ItemSet 348569

Ryuo Hakama +1 path D, Valorous Greaves DA+5 and whatever else you can get, Smertrios Mantle DEX/AccAtt/DA

2nd best to Dagon Breastplate: Kasuga +1
2nd best to Ryuo Hakama +1: Ryuo NQ

--------------------------------------------------------

Kogarasumaru:
ItemSet 348571

Ryuo Hakama +1 path D, Valorous Greaves STP+7/8 and whatever else you can get, Smertrios Mantle DEX/AccAtt/STP

2nd best to Ryuo Hakama +1: Wakido Haidate +3 or Ryuo Hakama NQ (about equal)

-------------------------------------------------------

Amanomurakumo (Aftermath up):
ItemSet 348572

Ryuo Hakama +1 path D, Valorous Greaves DA+5 and whatever else you can get, Smertrios Mantle DEX/AccAtt/DA

2nd best to Ryuo Hakama +1: Swap both Hakama +1 to Hakama NQ and Cessance to Telos (need the STP)

------------------------------------------------------

Dojikiri
ItemSet 348573

2nd best to Ryuo Hakama +1: Ryuo Hakama NQ
[+]
user: BushinNmL
By Asura.Nightmarelord 2016-12-26 04:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

They're really shafting options of gearing up for yoichi eh?
Sad face...
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-26 10:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, when Namas Arrow does less damage than Fudo on piercing-weak mobs. :( Yoichi is just a Delve weapon now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Evildgnker 2016-12-29 01:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

been asking the same thing for a while now lol . updated LUA : ( anyone ?
 Bismarck.Phaded
Server: Bismarck
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2016-12-29 05:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
A 2015 SAM lua wouldn't really be any different from a 2016 one.

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
At most you'd be adding Last Resort rules since /DRK can be more relevant now.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-29 09:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Christmas SAM Spreadsheet Update

Added:

- WAR Savagery and Blood Rage toggles
- SMN Crystal Blessing toggle
- Utu Grip DEX bonus functionality
- Rice Ball and Rice Ball bonus functionality
- Can set Meditate Bonus up to 6
- Updated gear sections with Flamma +1 and Omen gear.
- Updated Smite values

If anyone finds something weird or incorrect, please don't hesitate to let me know.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2016-12-29 10:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, thank you.

Pretty sure it was already assumed, but finished Kote +3 last night and can confirm "Greatly enhance rice ball effect" is just an additional +1 to rice ball effects.

-

For anyone following the SAM vs. BLU debate over in the BLU thread with Afaina casting some doubt on SAM's DPS:

With the updates to the spreadsheet, my DPS claims are reinforced. Using Llew's preloaded sets and taking off SMN and WAR TP bonus to only assume capped accuracy/attack, I'm getting SAM's DPS at 6671(6497 outside Escha) now. If anyone else could confirm, that'd be great.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-12-29 11:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Christmas SAM Spreadsheet Update

Added:

- WAR Savagery and Blood Rage toggles
- SMN Crystal Blessing toggle
- Utu Grip DEX bonus functionality
- Rice Ball and Rice Ball bonus functionality
- Can set Meditate Bonus up to 6
- Updated gear sections with Flamma +1 and Omen gear.
- Updated Smite values

If anyone finds something weird or incorrect, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Since Utu Grip effects have been added to a DPS sheet, can I assume the effects have been tested?

And since you bothered to add it to the SAM sheet(A job with no dex mod ws I can think of..) I assume it does what I hoped and adds 10% DEX WSC to any WS even if the WS didn't have a DEX mod to start with?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-29 14:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Since Utu Grip effects have been added to a DPS sheet, can I assume the effects have been tested?

And since you bothered to add it to the SAM sheet(A job with no dex mod ws I can think of..) I assume it does what I hoped and adds 10% DEX WSC to any WS even if the WS didn't have a DEX mod to start with?
That's what it's claimed to do. Would've been nice to be shown some numbers, but I don't know why someone would just go on the internet and tell lies.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-12-29 14:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The dev team talked about the grip pretty extensively during the latest Freshly Picked. What was able to be made out seems to confirm its claimed functionality.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-12-29 15:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

That's what it's claimed to do. Would've been nice to be shown some numbers, but I don't know why someone would just go on the internet and tell lies.

I've done some testing after I've gotten one. Tested with Herculean Slash which only had a VIT mod and TP only affected duration of Paralyze. Can't remember my numbers exactly (I apologize for not screenshotting), but I did go from 1799 to 1850 or something close to it.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-12-29 15:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty much confirmed at this point, but I was bored, so:
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-12-29 16:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice. Thanks for the confirmation.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2016-12-30 12:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's most likely just double what a normal piece would add. For example, looking at an Ojo Rice Ball:

The stats under "Effect:" are what each "enhances rice ball" gear adds. So Wakido Kote +3 are most likely Attack+120, DEF+80, TA+4% by themselves, then add Roshi Jinpachi and Nobushi Kyahan and you're looking at a total of Attack+240, DEF+160, TA+8%.

Been awhile since i've actually utilized my sam in any end game content seeing how they always want blu, however do you need the gear equipped to receive enhancement from riceballs? or only when used? also, have you had a chance to test this yet? thank you!
 Cerberus.Nailah
Server: Cerberus
user: Leylia
By Cerberus.Nailah 2017-01-02 07:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember right, you will need to keep the item with the enhancements" equipped in order to recieve the effects of the rice ball. This has always been hard due to the fact that the wakido kote mostly was subpar in almost any given situation. But now, where it basically is the best TP item out there, it might hold some merit to keep a few rice balls on you.

The issue that arises yet again however is the fact, that normally you would WS in something else and hence lose the rice ball effect for weapons skills. It ultimately then comes down to whether or not the "greatly enhances rice balls" during the TP phase outweighs the loss of normal attack food (which would be active during WS as well) or actually using wakido kote +3 for WS (which might not even be that bad if you really need acc).
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-01-02 14:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nailah said: »
If I remember right, you will need to keep the item with the enhancements" equipped in order to recieve the effects of the rice ball.
Appears to still be true. Pretty lame.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 153 154 155