Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 153 154 155
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-01 07:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

He said BLU, so perhaps it was Tizona?
So just Mythic AG perhaps?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-01 07:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"Spamming AG WS" to me implies CDC, but I can test Mythic AG in Einherjar momentarily.

Edit: Or not. Jumped the gun and entered on solo COR/BLM lol. Give me a few.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-01 07:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Same result. Aeonic Aftermath takes priority over any Afterglow. Not sure what he was doing to get his issue.
[+]
By Sammeh 2016-06-01 11:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I was streaming to twitch last night. Let me see if I can find it and analyze.
By Sammeh 2016-06-01 11:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok - My bad. I re-watched and I thought I had closed light and literally said "ok closing radiance" and looked up and saw I had the wrong aftermath (from CDC) - but in the log can barely make out I actually closed Radiance when I said I was closing light - thus losing it.

To confirm though Relic from Namas Arrow overwrote Aeonic aftermath, and I could not use Tachi: Shoha to get Aeonic aftermath back until I literally removed my relic bow. (I didn't wait for it to die naturally).

-Sam
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-08 02:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey there ! ^^

Came back a few weeks ago and slowly working on job points and regearing ( working on reforged AF/Empy armors, started delves + ambuscade, etc... ) my SAM and working on relic as an old dream.

My question is: how is Amanomurakumo stating these days ? ( 2 last stages @ 119v2 and of course, ultimately @ 119v3 )

I know Koga is the beast for SAM ( and masamune is out of my league, money wise ) but really, it's 2 things :

1) I really want an Amanomurakumo but i don't want to waste my time/money if a non-RME/Aeonic is WAYYYYYYYY better than 119v3.
2) Koga is way too expensive for me/my playtime to farm as it would take a few years. Amano is already gonna take nearly 8 months with my farming plan... except if i win @ Bonanza. ^^;

Thx in advance ! :3
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-08 02:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Amano isn't a bad option with how much 2-handers are hurting for accuracy on higher level content these days, though it is the weakest if the accuracy on it isn't needed. If you're self-skillchaining, I'd rank Dojikiri as our current best option if accuracy/support permits. In a party situation where you aren't self-skillchaining, Masa is up there with Koga now thanks to the stupidly powerful OTD and +50 attribute on AG Empyreans now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-08 02:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thx a lot ! :p

Seeing, playtime wise, i can't get a Masa/Koga/Dojikiri, Amano is my best option out there or some non-REM/Aeonic are better/very very close to it?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-08 02:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

269 skill weapons are pretty much in a league of their own now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-08 02:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, nice to know. Guess i'll see if i stick to my idea and keep upgrading it.

Thx a lot for the info Llewelyn ! ^^
By Echodiz 2016-06-08 12:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

R/E/M'less besides my Masamune sitting at lv90
Got Max augments on Himetsuru from Sinister Reign today but I've been so out of it with SAM I'm not sure how it even stacks up these days? It seems nice for just a quick build that's for sure.

Thoughts?
Should I upgrade my Masa?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-09 05:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe someone else thought the same so just noting: I interpreted the Aeonic Aftermath page as requiring a minimum of 5 WSs due the implication of needing 4 skillchains to create Radiance or Umbra, but it's actually only a 4-step, so the classic Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo works, or you can add an extra Shoha at the front for a little more damage, but note that that will only work if you don't already have Aftermath up since Shoha > Fudo would just close light if you had AM due to gaining Light SC property on Shoha, preventing the 5-step. Personally I think I'm gonna simplify things for myself and just stick to F>K>S>F as it also reduces room for error as opposed to a 5-step.

Edit: Though starting with Shoha is nice for the additional 3-10% SC damage on the rest of the skillchains, but as mentioned it increases the likelihood of errors, whether it be misses, stuns, etc..
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-14 17:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know exactly how the "Hasso and Seigan Effect" Job Gifts work? To me the wording implies that it's adding 5% to both your base Zanshin rate and your Zanhasso rate, meaning instead of 25% of your base Zanshin acting as a "Double Attack" on connected, non-multi-attacked hits increases to 30% and 35%, but don't want to make adjustments to the SAM spreadsheet without confirmation. I can also see the effect only increasing your Zanhasso rate and not your base Zanshin rate, but the phrase "even when" seems to imply both.

If I had a working kParser I'd go test myself. :/
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-14 18:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, iirc, Llewelyn, it's +X% to the "Double attack" and counter rates, which are based on total Zanshin.
So if you have a 50% Zanshin rate, and the 100 gift (+5%).... I wanna say the DA/Counter rate is 1/4th of total (or it was 1/5 I don't quite remember which), so that would give you a total "DA" rate of 17% (50/4+5%).

Which, iirc is checked at the very end. idr if it happens before or after mythic AM. (I'd wager after.) But I DO know it happens after QA/TA/DA checks.

So it's not "real" DA, as you'll have 2 checks, so it's kinda annoying to check it. But someone with more time than me can verify.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-14 18:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know how Zanhasso works and I'm positive that the way the gift works for that is it either multiplies your base Zanshin rate by .3 and .35 instead of .25 to determine your Zanhasso rate or it just adds 5% added onto the result of the original .25 rate. I'm just wondering if it also adds 5% to your base Zanshin rate in addition to that or if it's only Zanhasso. The phrase "even when" just makes me uncertain on whether it's both or just Zanhasso.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-14 18:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure it's just hasso's DA rate and not zanshin proper, as it gives +X% to both Zanshin's rate's of DA and Counter.
Quote:
Hasso: increases the maximum chance of Zanshin activating, even when a melee attack hits, by 5%.
Seigan: increases the maximum chance of Zanshin countering attacks by 5%.
As it's "even when a melee attack hits" and "of zanshin countering attacks" I'm 99.999999999999999999999999999999% sure that it's +n% to the rate, and not +n% Zanshin.

Though someone with more time can verify. (though I'm pretty sure I'm right as Zanshin is missing only, whereas the DA proc in Hasso is worded like that.)
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-14 18:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I can accept that. So it's just a matter of whether the additional rate is added like

Zanhasso = (BaseZanshin * .25) + Gift
or
Zanhasso = BaseZanshin * (.25 + Gift)
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-06-14 19:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Given how other stuff works in this game, I'd bet what comes out is:
"DA" rate = FLOOR(Zanshin total * .25) + Gift

Since that's more in line with "increasing the maximum" (kinda like how drain/aspir potency works).

But it would really need to be tested to see which it is.
With a 50% zanshin would be either a "DA" rate of 17% (first way which I suspect it is) or 15%...
very little difference... at just 100.
So a parser would be needed.

Since there's only two gift tiers of it, the max is +10%... Which, keeping with my hypothetical, would yield either 22% or 17%, which is much more noticeable. (barely)
Since 100% rate is possible, thanks to Nanatsusaya-no-tachi. It would be ideal to test which.... if not for the case that either variant at very high Zanshin rates the two functions become equivalent: (Z*.25)+G gives 35% and Z*(.25+G) also gives 35%

So, IMO, there's so little difference (to none at 100%) between the two proposed formulas, that the average player will likely never notice a difference. (Especially because my 50% example is just a 99 SAM with no merits.)
Someone should parse it naked just for the science of it all though.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-21 09:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Front page item sets updated. Zzz goes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-21 11:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sick, thanks Llewel. Just curious, is there any reason why you use Togi +1 over Domaru +1 in some of the High Acc sets?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-21 13:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just like evening out my accuracy swaps as much as I can [(Max Acc - Low Acc) / (# of acc levels - 1)], so I'll use that over Ryuo if Ryuo overshoots the accuracy value I'm looking for since it outputs more damage if the extra accuracy on Ryuo isn't needed. Obviously there's no one way to do accuracy swaps, but that's the way I like to build them.

All GKs in the old sets had the same Max Accuracy set which I felt was unnecessary, so I just included the Max Accuracy set near the bottom by itself instead which all GKs end up using Ryuo +1.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Bartsimps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Bartsimps
By Lakshmi.Bartsimps 2016-06-22 02:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Front page item sets updated. Zzz goes.

Thank you so much for the update, it looks great!

Should scrubs like me who cant afford HQ cursed items use NQ in those slots?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-22 02:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryuo Tekko and Ryuo Sune-Ate, sure. The rest of the HQ abj gear could be better replaced with some well-augmented Valorous (Acc 30+ and some DA or STP).
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-23 07:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Got kParser working so went out and did a test to help me determine how the Hasso Job Gifts work.

64% Zanshin (No Zanshin gear, 4 Zanshin merits, 2100 JP)
Capped hit rate
0% Multi-Attack
Expected return from formula "(BaseZanshin * .25) + Gift": 26%
Expected return from formula "BaseZanshin * (.25 + Gift)": 22.4%
Return from 1155 samples: 21.6%

I think it's safe to say the latter formula is how the Hasso Gifts are added to our Zanhasso rate, which was seemed the most logical to me, but I wanted to make sure.

Parse data:

The parse shows 24.85% DA rate, but since we're only interested in the Zanhasso rate we can remove the normal Zanshin procs by multiplying our miss rate (.05) by our Zanshin rate (.64) and subtracting that from our DA rate or simply subtracting the given "# DA w/Missed First" value from the "# Melee Attacks" value which both gets us the aforementioned 21.6% Zanhasso rate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-24 13:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a lower cap on the time between WS needed to finish a skillchain? There's theoretically an infinite-step skillchain that you could pull off between 2 well-coordinated SAMs...
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-24 14:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I doesn't seem to go below 4 seconds using this video as evidence.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24089713

Need to make an account to view.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-06-24 14:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

if you care then this should repeat forever
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-06-25 04:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be a way for SAM to not be completely useless on Maju at least. Lol.

Though on second thought they'd need to be standing in front and getting hit by Backdraft if they want to make use of Overwhelm. Not a huge deal if you're being supported by jobs to help nullify the move, but still. I've been noticing how shitty it is having to stand in front of some mobs lately.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-06-25 06:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Could be a way for SAM to not be completely useless on Maju at least. Lol.
Accuracy is a bish on Maju so not really going to happen.
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 153 154 155