Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 153 154 155
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-09-15 23:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding to my previous post, I see you also have a 75 COR, which can definitely get you invites into Delve, AA's and other higher tiered content. Plus, you don't need much much to gear it. I believe just relic hat, empyrean hands +2 and Barataria Ring is all you'd actually need.
 Bahamut.Samsonxiii
Server: Bahamut
user: Spook153
By Bahamut.Samsonxiii 2014-09-16 13:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I am using the new macro system that was just added.

My question is this. After fudo how much time do I put on the /wait to equipt the tp set? I am using /wait 1 and concerned that I might be ws in tp set because of the time it takes to ready Fudo or is it instant? anyone happen to know? Should I do /wait 2 or 3 to be safe?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-16 14:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy to tell by looking at your TP return from Fudo, but 1 should be fine. Haven't actually used /waits with in game macros for returning to TP set from WS before, so can't say for sure.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-16 14:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I go /wait 2 just to be safe.
 Asura.Trenaus
Server: Asura
user: Trenaus
By Asura.Trenaus 2014-09-17 00:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you guys for all the replies. It was extremely helpful!
I guess I'll just gear up cor and grab my gear that way.

@Speedyjim On the subject of Ilvl gear I think your analogy is a little to simple. Mostly because the difference in lvl would give you an acc boost (among other things) making any amount of stats on that gk not matter. To show you how I feel about ilvl gear I'll give you an analogy of my own. To me it's more like giving a lvl 10 char a lvl 1 gk compared to giving a lvl 9 char a lvl 9 gk. (I'd rather be the lvl 9 char then) The lvl 1 gk makes you lvl 10 but still makes you fight with the power of a lvl 1 gk.

Honestly the ilvls bother me more for armor then they do for weapons. All the ilvls make sense on weapons. With armor it seems more grey. When I compare my Sakonji Domaru which is ilvl 109 to my Sparks Outrider mail. I get a really annoying discrepancy. sakonji has 3 less str 1 less dex and 7 less agi among other things but It's simply going to be a better tp peice then my sparks gear. The Sparks gear however is going to be way better defensively. So when those kinds of discrepancies happen which do you end up choosing? Things get worse when I compare things like buremte ilvl 115 gloves vs ilvl 117 outrider mittens.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-09-17 00:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

if you feel threatened(particularly by magic) go with the higher ilevel, if not go with the higher damage piece, it's not that different a choice than arhat's gi+1 vs haubergeon was

you can eventually 119 your stuff and not have to worry about it anyway
 Asura.Trenaus
user: Trenaus
By Asura.Trenaus 2014-09-17 00:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

True, it was just really confusing for me when I first came back and thought that I was a bad *** in full ilvl 117 sparks gear.

109 af? pfft I don't need to look at that, I'm in 117! That's what ran through my mind when I first came back lol
 Odin.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2014-09-17 17:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This may have been brought up before, and if so I apologize, but there are way too many pages in this thread to read through them all. It's also 12:35am for me currently, and I'm way too sleepy to be reading that much.

Edited: And as shown, I shouldn't sit down and stare at gear sets at that time of day, since I completely missed the fact that the feet aren't the same in Koga standard and acc set.

Would still be interested in seeing a high acc set though.
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2014-09-17 17:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

well not really lacking all that much honestly, the proposed standard set is 817 acc "assuming the otronif has DA or Crit", and the Acc set "holding AM III" is 860 acc, the "acc build" your talking about is used for just for that "holding 4 hit while carrying over more acc" i use 3 sets for SAM, low, mid, high, if you went for full acc set on SAM it would be between 900-940ish "depending on how much you want to dive into acc wise"
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2014-09-18 19:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Trenaus said: »
Thank you guys for all the replies. It was extremely helpful!
I guess I'll just gear up cor and grab my gear that way.

@Speedyjim On the subject of Ilvl gear I think your analogy is a little to simple. Mostly because the difference in lvl would give you an acc boost (among other things) making any amount of stats on that gk not matter. To show you how I feel about ilvl gear I'll give you an analogy of my own. To me it's more like giving a lvl 10 char a lvl 1 gk compared to giving a lvl 9 char a lvl 9 gk. (I'd rather be the lvl 9 char then) The lvl 1 gk makes you lvl 10 but still makes you fight with the power of a lvl 1 gk.

Honestly the ilvls bother me more for armor then they do for weapons. All the ilvls make sense on weapons. With armor it seems more grey. When I compare my Sakonji Domaru which is ilvl 109 to my Sparks Outrider mail. I get a really annoying discrepancy. sakonji has 3 less str 1 less dex and 7 less agi among other things but It's simply going to be a better tp peice then my sparks gear. The Sparks gear however is going to be way better defensively. So when those kinds of discrepancies happen which do you end up choosing? Things get worse when I compare things like buremte ilvl 115 gloves vs ilvl 117 outrider mittens.
I like your analogy too but ilvl 10 GKT/armor on a lv 1 char will make you fight with the power of a lv 10. Best way to really check it out is slap on diff ilvl gear and /check a monster. You'll see the difference in what they con to you (DC, EM, etc) and what their def/eva is like. Play around with DPS spreadsheets to find a balance. https://docs.google.com/folderview?usp=drive_web&id=0B0A0wGYYRRdaZjdlNTdkNTEtMDMyYy00OTVmLWI4N2ItNDMwMDI1N2VkYWZk
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-09-19 07:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Gavialis Helm beat Otomi(str) on the active days for great katana weaponskills?
By Bomberto 2014-09-19 09:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some testing on there gavialis helm and it looks like the FTP bonus is 30/256 or .12 if you want to plug he value in the spreadsheets. Despite this it looks like Otomi still comes out ahead for Fudo when you don't need the accuracy. I was unable to test if the bonus effect grants additional weaponskill accuracy like the elemental gorgets do, however it does come significantly ahead when you need accuracy over both Otomi and Yaoyotl on the correct days even when not counting this possible +10 accuracy. I haven't looked to see if gavialis comes out ahead for weapons skills with attack bonuses but I have a feeling it would.

Also messing around with the spreadsheet it seems like mes'yohi haubergeon is really damn close or significantly better than phorcys when accuracy starts to suffer, even in the range where the first hit still has 95% capped accuracy but additional attacks are below 80%. Can anyone confirm this? I can't win a lot on this body to see for myself hah.
 Bismarck.Marmite
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2014-09-19 09:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Bomb. So looks like it's slightly better than it's predecessor mekira-oto. If memory serves me, that was .1 FTP bonus.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-19 14:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bomberto said: »
I was unable to test if the bonus effect grants additional weaponskill accuracy like the elemental gorgets do
Don't see why it would. Gorgets specifically state they increase accuracy; helm doesn't.

Bomberto said: »
Also messing around with the spreadsheet it seems like mes'yohi haubergeon is really damn close or significantly better than phorcys when accuracy starts to suffer, even in the range where the first hit still has 95% capped accuracy but additional attacks are below 80%. Can anyone confirm this?
Obv Mes'yohi would pull ahead when first hit is lacking accuracy, but I'll have to double check if it still pulls ahead if only multi-attack hits are uncapped. I recall getting it ahead and behind, but I forgot the specific scenarios; prob a Tsuru vs Koga thing. Still waiting for the day an ilv piece beats Phorcys completely. :/
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-19 15:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here's my results using Serac Rabbit:

When main Fudo hit is capped, but multi-attack hits are uncapped:

Tsuru - Phorcys always better as long as first hit is capped
Koga - When attack capped, Mes'yohi is better if you're making use of about 40 accuracy or more. When attack uncapped, Mes'yohi is better if you're making use of about 32 accuracy or more.
[+]
By Bomberto 2014-09-19 15:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah thanks for checking that Llew. Forgot gorgets explicitly stated the accuracy bonus. Also I ran Gavialis for Shoha/Rana/Kasha and Otomi still pulls ahead as long as your accuracy doesn't suffer.

Quick edit: on things where your attack is capped it seems for Koga Gavialis is slightly stronger for Rana and YGK but just barely worse than Otomi for Fudo and Shoha. For Tsuru in the same situation Gavialis > Otomi only for YGK.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-29 10:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Wukong's hakama +1 our best WS piece for legs when attack is capped (or we need accuracy)?
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-29 11:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

1 Strength shouldn't beat 2 DA from Scuffler's, for Tsu. For mythic Wukong's should win.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-29 11:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I forgot about the 2 DA! Thanks.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-29 13:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
1 Strength shouldn't beat 2 DA from Scuffler's, for Tsu. For mythic Wukong's should win.

Without actually looking ~ does this still ring true for if you need accuracy to cap the first hit?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-09-29 13:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Adding to my previous post, I see you also have a 75 COR, which can definitely get you invites into Delve, AA's and other higher tiered content. Plus, you don't need much much to gear it. I believe just relic hat, empyrean hands +2 and Barataria Ring is all you'd actually need.

You need 95 to even consider entry ~
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-29 13:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Without actually looking ~ does this still ring true for if you need accuracy to cap the first hit?
Well yeah if you need accuracy Wukong+1 is great.

Speaking of Fudo accuracy sets, how do people tend to build theirs? I'm looking at once I get Wukong+1 ItemSet 328877
I could trade out my Rings/Back but I'm not entirely sure I want to.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-29 17:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I could trade out my Rings/Back but I'm not entirely sure I want to.
Swapping out back for Takaha Mantle when you got some STR on it isn't a bad idea (obviously if you needed the acc anyway, it doesn't matter if you have STR on it or not). The STP is also offering around a 15 TP bonus on your next weapon skill as well.

I don't make all these swaps at once, but these are the acc swaps I make for my Fudo sets.

ItemSet 328879
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-29 17:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess weapon differences do matter a lot. STP won't do anything at all for me with a Tsurumaru, and the -DA on Prolisio will also hurt more.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-29 17:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Admittedly, I often forget to run simulations under the assumption of use of Tsuru! Too used to Koga. That doesn't change my stance on the use of Takaha Mantle, however, especially with STR augs. Also, 10 STR 28 att is pretty big for Fudo (if you need the att of course, but I tend to go under the assumption that if you need to make accuracy swaps then your attack is probably uncapped as well) and multi-attack procs aren't a huge game-breaker for single-hit weapon skills, thus it doesn't use Windbuffet+1 like Shoha and Rana, so while -5% DA does look unattractive, it isn't a big loss. Whether you think you really need that 5 extra acc on ele belt I guess only you'd know since you're most knowledgeable in what events you do/buffs you get, but Prosilio +1 or Metalsinger would be a lot better in uncapped attack scenarios if not (Metalsinger still being better if capped att).
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2014-09-29 17:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Even caudata belt is another alternative
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-09-29 18:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Admittedly, I often forget to run simulations under the assumption of use of Tsuru! Too used to Koga. That doesn't change my stance on the use of Takaha Mantle, however, especially with STR augs. Also, 10 STR 28 att is pretty big for Fudo (if you need the att of course, but I tend to go under the assumption that if you need to make accuracy swaps then your attack is probably uncapped as well) and multi-attack procs aren't a huge game-breaker for single-hit weapon skills, thus it doesn't use Windbuffet+1 like Shoha and Rana, so while -5% DA does look unattractive, it isn't a big loss. Whether you think you really need that 5 extra acc on ele belt I guess only you'd know since you're most knowledgeable in what events you do/buffs you get, but Prosilio +1 or Metalsinger would be a lot better in uncapped attack scenarios if not (Metalsinger still being better if capped att).
Yeah I know how good Prolisio +1 can be, I was just saying that it will obviously be better for Koga than for Tsurumaru. Still a great piece to consider for acc, probably worth the 5 acc loss off Elemental Belt (assuming you need attack).
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 153 154 155