Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 68 69 70
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-05-14 09:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post our new JP and Gifts?

edit:

Barrage Turbine
Will now grant TP for each shot landed on an enemy.

welp
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-05-14 12:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

New Attachments:
Code
Inhibitor II 	A fire-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Store TP ・Improves TP usage efficiency
Amplifier 	An ice-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Increass magic burst damage ・Attempts to use magic bursts more
Repeater 	A wind-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Occasionally executes multiple ranged attacks
Barrier Module 	An earth-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Increases chance of blocking  with shield ・Earth Maneuver: Adds Shield Mastery  and shortens Shield Bash recast time
Dynamo II 	A thunder-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Increases critical hit rate
Resister 	A water-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Increases status ailment resistance
Resister II 	A water-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Increases status ailment resistance
Arcanic Cell 	A light-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Enhances Occult Acumen
Arcanic Cell II A light-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Enhances Occult Acumen
Regulator 	A darkness-based automaton attachment. Functionality: ・Enables use of Absorb-Attri 

JP:
Deactivate: reduces the requirement by 1% of the remaining HP.
MA: -2

Gifts:
- normal stats boosts for master and automaton.
- 550JP = MA -5

Weapons:
Chastisers
DMG:+119 Delay:+60 STR+20 Attack+33 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Triple Attack"+3% "TP Bonus"+300

Nibiru Sainti
DMG:+107 Delay:+51 STR+7 VIT+7 Attack+10 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Guarding skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Store TP"+4 "Repair" potency +10%

Blurred Claw
DMG:+122 Delay:+66 Accuracy+20 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 Additional effect: Haste

Blurred Claws +1
DMG:+123 Delay:+61 Accuracy+25 Hand-to-Hand skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Martial Arts"+20 Additional effect: Haste

stuff:
- Drum Magazine: No longer decreases physical accuracy.
- Barrage Turbine: Will now grant TP for each shot landed on an enemy.
- Apparently they added a "weaker" version of Barrier Module, renaming what we have to Barrier Module II.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-14 13:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea where the new attachments are from yet? Another round of crafted?

Am i ready that right for deactivate? Does it mean you can deactivate at 90% hp and it will reset the timer with full JP?

Also, blurred claws kinda kill kenkonken with AM down. 20 MA from cloak + 20 MA from weapon = 123/21 since now you have 5 minute maneuvers and overload means jack crap.

MA is kinda the bane of my existence. with a JP -MA and a gift with minus MA i actually need to get rid of the -MA on my cloak ore i am over the cap. I already had to go from 20 ma on cloak to 12 just to not lose TP.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-05-14 13:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they are crafted cuz the dats show x12

yes, didn't test it yet tho.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-05-14 13:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The Ranger pet was honestly pretty damn good before, I am interested to see how well it performs now with Repeater, Drum Magazine and Barrage Turbine. Throw in Attuner II if the store TP is good and we might be looking at FINALLY having a really solid DD pet.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-14 13:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its kinda of interesting for a few reasons:
Drum magazines -acc wasn't awful before, but you pretty much need tc1+tc2+dm

barrage clears wind maneuver sots its very blah imho

repeater would be nice if it stacked with tc1/tc2/dm, if there arent enough elemental capacity, you are better off with a DM than a repeater.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-14 13:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
Any idea where the new attachments are from yet? Another round of crafted?

Am i ready that right for deactivate? Does it mean you can deactivate at 90% hp and it will reset the timer with full JP?

I looked at all the previous attachment seller NPCs and they aren't there. Also not at the new sales moogles that get items as you progress in the Rhapsodies story. So it sure looks like crafted...

I'm pretty sure you're reading deactivate exactly right. I like this JP a lot! Hate when I don't have auto-regen tanks equipped on a mage frame and it heals itself to a level where it doesn't need another cure, but can't deactivate (without Repair) with a ready activate timer cause it's stuck on like 95% HP.

PUP got awfully shitty earlier JPs, but this set is quite nice. Deactivate convenience, and one of the more powerful DD buffs of any job in the game with Martial Arts.

As for MA... for people without KKK, it's almost always useful. In general, even with full JP and 550 gift a non-KKK PUP would still need capped magic haste, Samba, AND some amount of MA gear to hit cap (same goes for MNK with any weapon, btw).

For KKK you can cap a lot easier thanks to the whopping MA-50 and super low delay, so need to be careful not to overshoot by too much and lose TP/hit (just like the DW jobs have had to be careful for quite some time now). Guess I'm glad I have that second Dispersal Mantle with decent Pet TP Bonus and no MA, for when I'm heavily buffed!

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
The Ranger pet was honestly pretty damn good before, I am interested to see how well it performs now with Repeater, Drum Magazine and Barrage Turbine. Throw in Attuner II if the store TP is good and we might be looking at FINALLY having a really solid DD pet.

My only real gripe is WHY couldn't they make Inhibitor II simply a big chunk of Store TP, and not "improving" the automaton's desire to hold TP for SCs that are often not the WS you want.

Repeater and Dynamo II are really great.

I guess I might also gripe that I'll buy Arcanic Cell I and II anyway and probably never equip them :)
By dustinfoley 2015-05-14 13:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

THink you both mean inhibitor II,

Attuner is defense ignoring.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-14 14:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

THink you both mean inhibitor II,

Attuner is defense ignoring.

Yeah had already fixed mine :) Intuner, Anhibitor, whatever - I knew what he was talking about and followed right along hehe.
By Streak 2015-05-14 16:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
As for MA... for people without KKK, it's almost always useful. In general, even with full JP and 550 gift a non-KKK PUP would still need capped magic haste, Samba, AND some amount of MA gear to hit cap (same goes for MNK with any weapon, btw).

For KKK you can cap a lot easier thanks to the whopping MA-50 and super low delay, so need to be careful not to overshoot by too much and lose TP/hit (just like the DW jobs have had to be careful for quite some time now). Guess I'm glad I have that second Dispersal Mantle with decent Pet TP Bonus and no MA, for when I'm heavily buffed!

I have KKK and my dispersal mantle has +15 MA.

How much MA is effective?

-With just haste
-With just haste 2
-With capped magical haste buffs (marches/haste)

I am guessing for the majority of situations I would still want the full job points worth of MA.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-14 16:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Streak said: »

I have KKK and my dispersal mantle has +15 MA.

How much MA is effective?

-With just haste
-With just haste 2
-With capped magical haste buffs (marches/haste)

I am guessing for the majority of situations I would still want the full job points worth of MA.
For the long version see this post a few pages back.

Short version Assuming you max out the MA category(with or without the extra 5MA gift):

Haste II and an unbuffed Victory March, you're over cap, or so close to it that using just about any MA gear is going to be a risk to your DPS. Buffed March? You better believe you're over cap.

Haste II and below: It's easier to get to cap but you should still be fine stacking on MA if you have it(in most cases you won't be anyway since you can get better stats in those slots than what MA pieces usually provide but this at least means you can use JSE capes without fear of losing DPS due to over capping).

Nothing's really changed for non-KKK users in terms of delay cap, though the new MA+ h2h are an interesting addition that bring us closer to Mythic users.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-14 17:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If the pup spread sheet is still right im getting:

no jp/no gifts, just kkk

haste 2 + gear haste- 143 dly
max magic + gear - 99 dly* (you actually are at the cap, 20 MA over it to be exact, so using KKK with max magic haste actually hurts tp/swing from excess MA)

+25 from gifts/jp, gear haste, and KKK---91 dly (45 ma over cap)

Blurred +1
41 dly

with jp + gift + capped magic haste + gear haste = 105.0/104.2 dly
you need jp + gift + capped magic + gear + 3 MA from a second source to cap dly with blurred +1

So blurred +1 is actually a really good weapon. And any pup with KKK is better off not getting the JP for MA, and the unavoidable gift actually hurts ;-/

I am also getting you dont want any -MA on dispersal mantle if you have capped magic haste which thanks to trusts we almost always do now.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-14 17:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Blurred +1
41 dly

with jp + gift + capped magic haste + gear haste = 105.0/104.2 dly
you need jp + gift + capped magic + gear + 3 MA from a second source to cap dly with blurred +1
This is actually rather important and I should have pointed it out, thanks Dustin.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-14 19:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And any pup with KKK is better off not getting the JP for MA, and the unavoidable gift actually hurts ;-/

It's actually not unavoidable, nobody is making you spend JP. Just max out all 9 JP categories except MA if you're concerned about it. You won't get any unwanted MA, and you won't have enough JP spent to get 550 gift (which requires 100% 10/10). The only other gift you miss out on is the essentially meaningless 545 gift for CP bonus (which you don't care about if you don't want more CP).

Maybe it becomes an problem if they decide to increase from 10/10 max, but as of now it's a complete non-issue.

Quote:
I am also getting you dont want any -MA on dispersal mantle if you have capped magic haste which thanks to trusts we almost always do now.

That's not true. For Kenkonken with capped magical haste (448/1024) and capped equipment haste (256/1024), you are at 99.6875. So you still need 11.something MA to hit cap, MA-12 brings you to 95.9375 - which is so little below the 96 cap that it makes virtually no difference at all (basically, if you're overshooting by less than a couple MA it's probably not even negatively impacting your TP gain)

If you add Haste Samba to the mix, yeah, you can exceed cap. If you're soloing with Trusts, just don't use a DNC trust who uses Haste Samba.

If you're a KKK PUP in a party with a DNC and buffers, that's the ONLY time you're really in danger of exceeding cap. So just see what you need to do to adjust, I'm sure mages would be OK not giving you haste, maybe your BRD is only using 1 March anyway (lots of DW jobs have the same issue), maybe you can just sit in the non-buffed party and perform equally well without BRD songs, etc.

Quote:
thanks to trusts we almost always do now.

While it's certainly possible, that's also easier said than done. Need Haste II and 2x Trust Marches to hit cap. Trusts don't get any song+ bonuses, so their marches are pretty weak (64/1024 Advancing and 96/1024 Victory). Haste II isn't hard to maintain with a RDM Trust or RDM automaton. Marches are trickier, since Joachim won't double up, and while Ulmia will she also often rotates in a different song (say, Ballads for backline). The only times I find I'm able to reliably keep 2x Trust March up are (1) when using BOTH Bards, or (2) in a WKR getting hit by other people's Trust songs.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-14 19:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not true. For Kenkonken with capped magical haste (448/1024) and capped equipment haste (256/1024), you are at 99.6875. So you still need 11.something MA to hit cap, MA-12 brings you to 95.9375 - which is so little below the 96 cap that it makes virtually no difference at all (basically, if you're overshooting by less than a couple MA it's probably not even negatively impacting your TP gain)
You're forgetting to add in weapon delay to your minimum calculation.

Minimum h2h delay is 96, without a weapon. You need to add in the extra delay from KKK. Minimum delay is actually ~106 for KKK.
[+]
By dustinfoley 2015-05-14 20:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Like i said, i was using the pup spreadsheet, if its wrong its wrong, but i give that guy a lot of credit.

That being said, im still getting that with KKK + capped magic haste we are something like 20 over the delay cap with MA.

With KKK
you need 25% gear haste
42% magic haste to cap

Caping magic haste puts us exactly 12 ma over cap.

With march 1 (6%) + haste 2 + gear haste + kkk
you need an addition ~48 ma to cap

with march 2 (9%) + haste 2 + gear haste + kkk
you only need an additional ~25 (gift + ja)

And while no one is forcing me to gifts/ja you are right, i could just stock pile...for now until 2 months from now when they add another category that i want and since you cant unspend, i would be forced to get a gift that lowers my tp/hit with no actual benefit.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-14 20:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

Minimum h2h delay is 96, without a weapon. You need to add in the extra delay from KKK. Minimum delay is actually ~106 for KKK.

Ah, yep you're completely right I made a mistake and forgot the weapon delay as part of the base delay+weapon number. Thanks for the correction!

Still, I'm not particularly troubled by having to avoid excess MA gear. I guess it's because I'm quite used to it from NIN DNC THF and DW. Don't see that it's a terribly bad thing that non-KKK PUPs can more easily hit delay reduction cap.

I also don't see myself having to worry too much about it any time soon because I hate grinding JP. Dunno that I'll ever hit 550 on any job, to be honest...
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-05-14 20:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »

Ah, yep you're completely right I made a mistake and forgot the weapon delay as part of the base delay+weapon number. Thanks for the correction!

Still, I'm not particularly troubled by having to avoid excess MA gear. I guess it's because I'm quite used to it from NIN DNC THF and DW. Don't see that it's a terribly bad thing that non-KKK PUPs can more easily hit delay reduction cap.

I also don't see myself having to worry too much about it any time soon because I hate grinding JP. Dunno that I'll ever hit 550 on any job, to be honest...
Yea, it really doesn't hurt too much unless you're getting full magic haste. Really this just means that if there are better option capes(can't remember our other options) it's even better now as even with just haste and march you'll be over cap/extremely close if you max out the MA.

With just Haste II, we're fine and it's a nice DPS boost.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-15 02:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

And while no one is forcing me to gifts/ja you are right, i could just stock pile...for now until 2 months from now when they add another category that i want and since you cant unspend, i would be forced to get a gift that lowers my tp/hit with no actual benefit.
In a previous post on the official forums they announced the JPs and Gifts we currently got yesterday as the "final" ones.

Could be a bad translation and they meant to say "latest", or maybe they meant final for real and they will change their mind in the future?
Or maybe they really meant final and we won't see any new ones.

Was just saying that while new gifts/JPs can indeed happen, do not take them for granted.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-15 03:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a lot of "unfairness" in the final gift, if you wanna see them that way.
BRD gets -5% song casting time. I mean it's nice, but "final gift"?
PUP/MNK get MA, DNC/THF get DW...

It's not that they completely suck, but for something final they're a bit underwhelming for sure.

I was bloody sure SCH would've got T6 nukes, BLM a new tier of AoE spells and GEO T3 -ra spells.
T3 -ra3 spells were specifically mentioned in the past by SE, so I'm really surprised they didn't add them =/
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-15 03:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I'd be more upset if something that's a defining ability of any job was locked behind 550 JP worth of grinding. You shouldn't have to cap job points to get anything but a bit of a perk. The 100 JP gifts are a bad enough grind to get them on multiple jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2015-05-15 03:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes and no. I have very mixed feelings about that. Part of me agrees, part of me is very angry.
With the premise that I don't see Temper being particularly job changing for RUN (it's laughable for Ergon users, for the others it's really nice but given the average TP time RUNs get in between all those spells spamming, I doubt it's gonna prove a particularly insane change).

On one hand we should see CP as if it was a way to go above level 99. Like pretend there's no cap at level 99, and XP goes on and to reach the final level you need to farm those CP and get 550 JPs.
Yes it's more convoluted, yes it's more artificial and complex, but deep underneath it's not that different from reaching level 75 to use Thunder IV or any other level75 exclusive spell/ability.
Levelling up today is a joke, but back then it was a grind not very different from grinding 550 JPs nowadays.

But the thing is that game standards back then were very different. Things have changed. What was perfectly acceptable in 2005 isn't necessarily acceptable in 2015.
Once Devs get you used to running at 350km/hr (even if maybe they should've never allow you to go past, say, 200) it's a bit naive of them to demand us to run no faster than 50km/hr and expect us to be happy and like it.
It's more or less what happened with JPs and Gifts.

They wanted to reproduce the feeling of levelling up, but they couldn't do it with levels or XP for several reasons, so they went this way.
So... yeah, I dunno. As I said at the beginning of this post part of me likes it, part of me totally doesn't.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Thenkos
user: Thenkos
By Ragnarok.Thenkos 2015-05-21 14:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This might not be right spot, but i was looking for an hour to find which are the "new" pet/master foods so far only found Shiromochi. Are there any other foods out there? Thanks.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-05-21 15:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally use akamochi (attack/acc) for both master and pet
Server: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2015-05-27 13:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Taeon with Acc/Atk, STR/DEX, and TA.

I just started to get taeon, are these the best augments to shoot for? I only briefly glanced at the replies so let me know if there is a better way to go.
By dustinfoley 2015-05-27 14:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

TA + ACC/ATK are 100% the best all the time.

The third is debatable depending on TP phase or WS phase. Generally str/dex is a safe bet for an all-around piece if you dont want to make 203492034 different niche pieces. But it depends on which ws you are talking about, or if you just want a TP phase piece.

Str only (for some ws)
Dex only (for some ws)
Crit hit dmg
WS dmg
By dustinfoley 2015-05-27 14:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiro mochi - acc only
aka mochi - atk/acc
kusa mochi - atk only

bean daifuku - vit/acc/haste (6%)
grape daifuku - acc/mab
rolan daifuku -magacc/acc

Generally speaking - shiromochi for everything you might do on vt or higher mobs. kusa or bean for killing trash.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 68 69 70