Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 68 69 70
By Nariont 2017-10-28 16:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
Can't you just have it swap idle sets when pettp is >999?

You can but run into the issue of puppet holding tp for whatever reason, only really hurts you when youre meleeing with it but annoying regardless
By clearlyamule 2017-10-28 18:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Can't you just have it swap idle sets when pettp is >999?

You can but run into the issue of puppet holding tp for whatever reason, only really hurts you when youre meleeing with it but annoying regardless
Oh yeah I meant when not meleeing random holding you can't really do anything about manual or otherwise and watching other peoples ws to swap is a huge hassle.

But yeah if you are melee is different but then can't you just put in rules based on your tp as well? Or lock pet ws pieces for a few seconds after master ws if auto has tp? I mean auto has some firm rules on wsing that you can also make rules in your luas I'd assume the only annoying part being the annoyingly long 3 second wait times between making decisions
By Nariont 2017-10-28 19:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

im sure you could work something in, but im not lua savvy and equipsets usually do just fine, pop it in when its about to ws, and gs swaps me back immediately after ws goes off
By kithaofcerb 2017-10-29 03:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

im sure you could work something in, but im not lua savvy and equipsets usually do just fine, pop it in when its about to ws, and gs swaps me back immediately after ws goes off

So what I gather is that I'll have to come up with my own command to put on the WS manually before the Automaton decides it's going to WS, and if its takes a few melee rounds I'll just take the damage hit. Now what I want to know is what are the specifics of the self command function in the GS to make it so I can hit 1 button to put my pet WS gear on? Do I put in the precast function? Midcast? Or do I put in self_command and use it as a straight on/off toggle?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-10-29 13:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

straight forward on/off toggle
By kithaofcerb 2017-10-29 20:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Use the kiting set, it's a simple toggle on/off and it has highest priority, regardless of being engaged or not. Not like we need a kiting toggle on pup anyway.

The one comment I overlooked turned out to be super useful, got it working thanks to this idea!

Now that I sorted that out, has anybody got an Updated set for Pet WSs I should work towards?
By Teuphist 2017-11-06 07:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

kithaofcerb said: »
Now that I sorted that out, has anybody got an Updated set for Pet WSs I should work towards?

Bone Crusher/String Shredder:
5/5 Herc = VIT/(Acc)/Att/DA/Crit
I say just use Taupe stones for VIT+15 on each (VIT+75) and hope you get a nice bonus of the other stats as well.
Shulmanu Collar (Empath Neck is 2nd best option)
Domesticator's/Handler's +1 (or Enmerkar) Earrings
Thuraundaut/Varar Rings
Visucius' Back (pet augments naturally)
Incarnation Sash (Klouskap will suffice)
Accuracy likely won't be an issue for your automaton.
I've seen BC miss at times, but it isn't often enough to stress
having loads of accuracy.

Arcuballista/Armor Shatterer:
Karagoz Capello +1
4/5 Herc= DEX/R.Acc
Taupe again for highest DEX augments
Empath Neck
Enmerkar/Burana Earrings
Thuraundaut/Varar Rings

Other:
Knockout and Slapstick can both put out some high numbers w/ Flame holder and Speedloaders. Knockout is AGI and fTP so Capello/Dispersers should go w/ that set should you choose to play around with one.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-06 08:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the stuff got me interested in here about pet ws. I dont have enough pet WS gear to notice any difference, but you could try this.
Code
p = require('packets')

windower.raw_register_event("incoming chunk", function(id, data)

if id == 0x028 then

local packet = p.parse('incoming', data)           

-- Starting TP Move.
        if packet["Category"] == 7 then

if pet.isvalid == true and packet["Actor"] == pet.id then
                send_command('gs c petWS')

end

end

end

end)

You can then trigger a function for applying gear, and removing it for WS? Or is it just that this method is not fast enough, again I can't tell because I don't really have that good of gear to mess with. I pretty much see the same damage regardless; also I am a PUP noob. (Gear locked on/off)

You would obviously need to add code in to the command section to finish, but this does detect when your automaton begins a ws.
By Nariont 2017-11-06 12:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not an ashita user but if you want to t3st it, slot in some pet tp bonus gear (empy helm, reive back, etc) and try arcu/daze/any sort of dmg varies ws, itll show clear results
By clearlyamule 2017-11-06 13:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem isn't detecting the pet ws so much as by then it's already too late. You use that to know when to swap back though
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-06 13:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem isn't detecting the pet ws so much as by then it's already too late. You use that to know when to swap back though

The above will detect it prior to it physically showing an animation; which should be faster than standard midcast detection I would think. I just dont have gear to test if it actually is applying. I just got home going to mess with it some more. (I can't help myself, probably the only reaosn I play anymore)
 Asura.Fabiano
Server: Asura
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2017-11-06 14:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I can be your guinea pig for testing stuff out for this stuff Elidyr. I have a full Bonecrusher set that I've been swapping to manually (similar to what Teuphist posted above) that would make results pretty clear.

... But you would really need to spell it out for me, lol. Tell me exactly what to copy/paste and where in my gearswap lua.

Feel free to bring this to PM's so we don't clutter the thread.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-11-06 14:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJdJF13kvNw&feature=youtu.be

FU one pup zerg versus SMN ^^

So close, we can do it ! transform the smn hate on us ^^
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-11-06 15:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

The above will detect it prior to it physically showing an animation; which should be faster than standard midcast detection I would think. I just dont have gear to test if it actually is applying. I just got home going to mess with it some more. (I can't help myself, probably the only reaosn I play anymore)
I don't analyze packets but I'd always read it's more of it's because of it's determined server side and by the time we get anything it's happened. Are there separate packets for ready and using ws? Would be awesome if could work
By clearlyamule 2017-11-06 15:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJdJF13kvNw&feature=youtu.be

FU one pup zerg versus SMN ^^

So close, we can do it ! transform the smn hate on us ^^
What is this a video for ants!?! Needs more 99999 auto ws!
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-06 16:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't analyze packets but I'd always read it's more of it's because of it's determined server side and by the time we get anything it's happened. Are there separate packets for ready and using ws? Would be awesome if could work

Everything I test seems to come up as working, I just can't use any physical numbers because my gear is garbage. Fabian is gonna test in a bit for me. Maybe it will check out. Everything is working just as it would when you used a WS though.

Yes they are separate packets. I thought PetMidcast might only be using readies, that why I was messing with it. No loss if it doesn't work though.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-06 16:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything I test seems to come up as working, I just can't use any physical numbers because my gear is garbage. Fabian is gonna test in a bit for me. Maybe it will check out. Everything is working just as it would when you used a WS though.

Yes they are separate packets. I thought PetMidcast might only be using readies, that why I was messing with it. No loss if it doesn't work though.
If you have af3 head that alone would make you see huge differences on daze and arcuballista
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-06 17:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have af3 head that alone would make you see huge differences on daze and arcuballista

Wish I did, but if I dont hear anything back, I may go upgrade it this evening. I got some time off this week.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-11-06 18:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

how in the world does af3 head improve daze/arcuballista???

the only thing it gives is Accuracy?

its not giving any pet dex.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-11-06 18:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

Think he meant Empy. TP-Bonus
By clearlyamule 2017-11-06 19:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

yeah af3 not RF+3 lol
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-11-09 03:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Teuphist said: »
kithaofcerb said: »

Bone Crusher/String Shredder:
5/5 Herc = VIT/(Acc)/Att/DA/Crit
I say just use Taupe stones for VIT+15 on each (VIT+75) and hope you get a nice bonus of the other stats as well.
Shulmanu Collar (Empath Neck is 2nd best option)
Domesticator's/Handler's +1 (or Enmerkar) Earrings
Thuraundaut/Varar Rings
Accuracy likely won't be an issue for your automaton.
I've seen BC miss at times, but it isn't often enough to stress
having loads of accuracy.

Arcuballista/Armor Shatterer:
Karagoz Capello +1
4/5 Herc= DEX/R.Acc
Taupe again for highest DEX augments
Empath Neck
Enmerkar/Burana Earrings
Thuraundaut/Varar Rings

Other:
Knockout and Slapstick can both put out some high numbers w/ Flame holder and Speedloaders. Knockout is AGI and fTP so Capello/Dispersers should go w/ that set should you choose to play around with one.

For now, i have made the same set, but focus on STR instead of VIT since i see more often Chimera Ripper proc and put a caped dispersal instead of Visius (testing that atm) + Karagoz Capello head, so 4/5 herculean STR/acc/att/some da/crit.
So i using the kitting mode to switch on it but if i made another set for DEX, someone know if we can create 2 kitting set or use another set from kinetic lua ?

EDIT : i made some test between Chimera in TP.pet set VS ws.pet set, and mostly i have a boost of 40%, so i think during an overdrive we can have some nice number.

About overdrive, i know overdrive add haste to the pet and put one maneuver count for 3, but if we put 2 fire mnv, this work or its a waste ?
By Nariont 2017-11-09 04:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

all an additional fire under OD would do is add some STR, so yeah its kind of a wash unless you just have nothing else worth putting up
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-11-09 06:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
So i using the kitting mode to switch on it but if i made another set for DEX, someone know if we can create 2 kitting set or use another set from kinetic lua ?

Make the Kiting set point to a variable set using an index (Similar structure to a TP set toggle).

Eg.
Code
sets.PetWS = {}
sets.PetWS.index = {'Vit','Dex'}
	PetWS_ind = 1			

sets.PetWS.Vit = {
*Add pet vit gear here*
}
sets.PetWS.Dex = {
*Add pet dex WS gear here*
}

sets.Kiting = sets.PetWS[sets.PetWS.index[PetWS_ind]]

Add a self command to cycle your PetWS index:
Code
function self_command(command)
	if command == 'toggle PetWS set' then
		PetWS_ind = PetWS_ind +1
		if PetWS_ind > #sets.PetWS.index then PetWS_ind = 1 end
		send_command('@input /echo <----- Pet WS Set changed to '..sets.PetWS.index[PetWS_ind]..' ----->')
	end
end

Should work.
By clearlyamule 2017-11-09 09:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

all an additional fire under OD would do is add some STR, so yeah its kind of a wash unless you just have nothing else worth putting up
Sometimes you do it to keep the auto focused on certain ws. Also it's pretty good with Flameholder... assuming you can even keep up double fire as fast as the auto ws during OD
By Nariont 2017-11-09 10:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair, though as you said it depends on ws speed, OD auto typically gains before i can put up a 2nd fire, sides under OD you already get max potency for flame holder no?
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-11-09 11:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

OD triple effect doesn't apply to attachments that consume maneuvers.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-11-09 11:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

OD auto typically gains before i can put up a 2nd fir

there is no point in having 2x fire maneuvers up during Overdrive.

Overdrive makes each maneuver you have value at 3, but you cannot go above 3. so 2 fire maneuvers under overdrive does NOT equal 6.

Under Overdrive you want to choose exactly 3 maneuvers of different elements to max out your performance with whatever attachments/gear you are using.

ah, you talking about flame holder...
no point using flame holder w/ Overdrive imo
By Nariont 2017-11-09 11:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
OD triple effect doesn't apply to attachments that consume maneuvers.

Oh that so? Never knew, thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 68 69 70