Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2017-12-15
284 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
Animator's Workshop: A Puppetmaster's Guide 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 55 56 57
 Ramuh.Austar
Online
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
Posts: 8468
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-05-11 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
like i said earlier, you can't precast auto ws.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
Posts: 1498
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-05-11 18:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Since the guide is outdated. Looking for suggestions for master/pet tp gear.
ItemSet 350704

The set you posted is a pretty good baseline. A couple Omen boss drops would be improvements: Shulmanu Collar and Niqmaduu Ring.

You also might try to cap pet gear haste without a waist and use Moonbow Belt over Klouskap (for instance, Ohtas 10%, Mantle 10%, and something else... Tali'ah feet, Heyoka head, etc.). For Kenkonken users, squeezing out some pet haste in other slots is also generally worth it (OA2-3x for master and pet makes up for the hit to stats from swapping out, say, a Herculean Feet for Tali'ah+1).

From a quick survey of the new Su3 Heyoka gear, that stuff is also all pretty good high acc hybrid gear, though I'd generally go with the set you already posted as my default (the Heyoka stuff looks nice for Stringing Pummel and V.Smite with the high amounts of crit rate and acc though)

Tali'ah Turban+1 is also not bad as a hybrid piece, nice pet STP/Acc and high master acc. I usually end up using Ryuo or master-focused Herculean Helm, but it will depend on situation and balancing master and pet stats.

Reforged AF+2/+3 is kinda meh to me from a DD perspective. Head/Hands aren't too bad though, they offer some good Acc for master and puppet as well as providing additional pet haste options (whether that's useful at all would depend on the rest of your setup).
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-05-11 19:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Psylo said: »
I have made a lot of test, and saddly, even if the gear swap, this not apply on Ws, maybe to fast for GS.
It's not a question of speed but order. You don't control the auto by the time you know it's doing something it's already started. The best you can do if automating it is to set it to do swaps based on various statuses like pet tp or if you were doing solo stuff maybe make rules based on your actions/tp or something.
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2017-05-12 05:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Since the guide is outdated. Looking for suggestions for master/pet tp gear.
ItemSet 350704

The set you posted is a pretty good baseline. A couple Omen boss drops would be improvements: Shulmanu Collar and Niqmaduu Ring.

You also might try to cap pet gear haste without a waist and use Moonbow Belt over Klouskap (for instance, Ohtas 10%, Mantle 10%, and something else... Tali'ah feet, Heyoka head, etc.). For Kenkonken users, squeezing out some pet haste in other slots is also generally worth it (OA2-3x for master and pet makes up for the hit to stats from swapping out, say, a Herculean Feet for Tali'ah+1).

From a quick survey of the new Su3 Heyoka gear, that stuff is also all pretty good high acc hybrid gear, though I'd generally go with the set you already posted as my default (the Heyoka stuff looks nice for Stringing Pummel and V.Smite with the high amounts of crit rate and acc though)

Tali'ah Turban+1 is also not bad as a hybrid piece, nice pet STP/Acc and high master acc. I usually end up using Ryuo or master-focused Herculean Helm, but it will depend on situation and balancing master and pet stats.

Reforged AF+2/+3 is kinda meh to me from a DD perspective. Head/Hands aren't too bad though, they offer some good Acc for master and puppet as well as providing additional pet haste options (whether that's useful at all would depend on the rest of your setup).
Considering using herc pants with the gloves if you dont have the SR pants, assuming the augs on the two are master oriented? Triple/Double attack with ACC/ATK? Is it not worth doing the AF Body anymore for the large STP bonus? Figuring the 5% Triple Attack with the much higher master/pet ACC is really hard to turn down :x. Never really did the research of how effective pet STP is these days for a hybrid master/pet set over slamming more Pet/Master ACC and master focused stats while capping haste from gear.

Obviously when pursuing a PURE pet set I assume you cap haste/stack as much Pet STP as humanely possible but curious what merit they have these days in situations where master/pet can DD with KKK AM.
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stalk
Posts: 14
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2017-05-12 05:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Since the guide is outdated. Looking for suggestions for master/pet tp gear.
ItemSet 350704

The set you posted is a pretty good baseline. A couple Omen boss drops would be improvements: Shulmanu Collar and Niqmaduu Ring.

You also might try to cap pet gear haste without a waist and use Moonbow Belt over Klouskap (for instance, Ohtas 10%, Mantle 10%, and something else... Tali'ah feet, Heyoka head, etc.). For Kenkonken users, squeezing out some pet haste in other slots is also generally worth it (OA2-3x for master and pet makes up for the hit to stats from swapping out, say, a Herculean Feet for Tali'ah+1).

From a quick survey of the new Su3 Heyoka gear, that stuff is also all pretty good high acc hybrid gear, though I'd generally go with the set you already posted as my default (the Heyoka stuff looks nice for Stringing Pummel and V.Smite with the high amounts of crit rate and acc though)

Tali'ah Turban+1 is also not bad as a hybrid piece, nice pet STP/Acc and high master acc. I usually end up using Ryuo or master-focused Herculean Helm, but it will depend on situation and balancing master and pet stats.

Reforged AF+2/+3 is kinda meh to me from a DD perspective. Head/Hands aren't too bad though, they offer some good Acc for master and puppet as well as providing additional pet haste options (whether that's useful at all would depend on the rest of your setup).
Considering using herc pants with the gloves if you dont have the SR pants, assuming the augs on the two are master oriented? Triple/Double attack with ACC/ATK? Is it not worth doing the AF Body anymore for the large STP bonus? Figuring the 5% Triple Attack with the much higher master/pet ACC is really hard to turn down :x. Never really did the research of how effective pet STP is these days for a hybrid master/pet set over slamming more Pet/Master ACC and master focused stats while capping haste from gear.

Obviously when pursuing a PURE pet set I assume you cap haste/stack as much Pet STP as humanely possible but curious what merit they have these days in situations where master/pet can DD with KKK AM.
The set is mainly master tp, while keeping haste cap on pet. Mostly used in solo NM/SR/etc using hybrid tank/dps pet, or full tank pet depending on content.

Already have pet tank/pet dps only sets. Was mainly looking for upgrades mainly focused on master. Haven't been back very long and everything I do is solo/duo pretty much.
ItemSet 350703
ItemSet 350187
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
Posts: 1498
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-05-15 18:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
The set is mainly master tp, while keeping haste cap on pet. Mostly used in solo NM/SR/etc using hybrid tank/dps pet, or full tank pet depending on content.

Yeah, I tend to find that capping pet haste and then focusing on master is the way to go if you're both hitting things (which is pretty effective with Speedloaders for "self" SC with you and the puppet, and especially so for anyone with KKK for that sweet AM3 for OA2-3x on master and puppet).

If using Ohtas, my preferred hybrid TP set and a master-only set are basically the same except for swapping belt (Moonbow or Klouskap) and choosing between a fullly master-focused Ambuscade mantle or one with pet haste. KKK just requires a little more sacrifice from master-focused gear if you want to keep pet with capped gear haste. My above comments on the hybrid set still stand for master-focused stuff (look into Shulmanu and Niqmaduu as improvements, otherwise the gear really hasn't changed much since Reisenjima).

As for the pet auto dps only set you posted, a few minor suggestions:

* Enmerkar Earring is BiS by a lot. Pair it with whatever you like, probably Domesticator's but I could see some sets using Rimeice if you need the pet haste (may be the case for Kenkonken users popping off a WS for AM3 then standing back and watching the puppet).

* I generally prefer 2x Varar Rings over Varar/Thurandaut (or Thurandaut +1), unless you really need that pet acc. Then again, I ditched my Thurandaut several months back so the decision became easy for me to go with double Varars.

* Shulmanu Collar > Empath
 Fenrir.Nuju
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Nuju 2017-05-24 23:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quick question, sorry if this was asked already but is there a cap on skillchain damage? I just wanted to know if I should be using both Speedloaders or just the highest one. Thanks for your time, and sorry again if this is a dumb question.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Offline
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
Posts: 1498
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-05-25 01:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Nuju said: »
Quick question, sorry if this was asked already but is there a cap on skillchain damage? I just wanted to know if I should be using both Speedloaders or just the highest one. Thanks for your time, and sorry again if this is a dumb question.

No cap, they do stack, not a dumb question :)
 Fenrir.Nuju
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Nuju 2017-05-25 01:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hey, thanks for the reply. That's really helpful to know!
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
Posts: 1111
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-05-25 05:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Fenrir.Nuju said: »
Quick question, sorry if this was asked already but is there a cap on skillchain damage? I just wanted to know if I should be using both Speedloaders or just the highest one. Thanks for your time, and sorry again if this is a dumb question.

No cap, they do stack, not a dumb question :)

They do actually have a cap, 230%. The only particular relevance of this is that if you are ODing, you only need Speedloader I with OF1+2 to cap skillchain damage.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
Posts: 109
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-05-25 09:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Fenrir.Nuju said: »
Quick question, sorry if this was asked already but is there a cap on skillchain damage? I just wanted to know if I should be using both Speedloaders or just the highest one. Thanks for your time, and sorry again if this is a dumb question.

No cap, they do stack, not a dumb question :)

They do actually have a cap, 230%. The only particular relevance of this is that if you are ODing, you only need Speedloader I with OF1+2 to cap skillchain damage.


Tru, thanx for that, I can swap an attachment in my Overdrive set.
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2017-05-26 20:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Curious If you guys ever had issues with Autocontrol not saving your sets upon re log into the game. For a while since I returned windower tended to crash rather than fully shut down. Recently the problem has been stopped after some Windower updates. After several uninstall/reinstalls of windower and autocontrol I cant get it to save sets. After I save it will show under savesets and let me equipset but the moment I relog even the base sets available from a fresh install all disappear. When looking into my autocontrol settings folder my sets are still saved but refuse to show in game. I've made a thread about this already but even trying //acon and //autocontrol versions of the command I still can't get sets to save. The plugin creator that no longer supports the addon hopped in and showed me a different way to write the commands similar to azure sets but Im bad at that kind of stuff -________-.
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2017-06-15 19:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Looking for a few updated weaponskill sets for Victory Smite and Shijin :O? Anyone got any?
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stalk
Posts: 14
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2017-06-16 21:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Think it matters what you have access to. I've been using this for VS.

ItemSet 351917
 Asura.Kaitaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaitaru89
Posts: 607
By Asura.Kaitaru 2017-06-17 00:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Think it matters what you have access to. I've been using this for VS.

ItemSet 351917
Thx :3.
 Asura.Berlon
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Berlack
Posts: 31
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-19 02:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
This is my master TP set so far (Guildwork won't refresh my profiles stuff):

ItemSet 351911


Any improvements? Herc body has TA+4 and Acc/atk. I also have herc feet/legs with TA+4 I could swap in (but need to figure this out in gearswap as I have another herc set for pet with store tp+10 on all pieces

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Think it matters what you have access to. I've been using this for VS.

ItemSet 351917
Thx :3.

Very similar to my current set, except I dont have Fotia gorget, so use that STR/DEX +6 and ATK +10 neck.


Absolutely loving PUP atm, just unlocked VS on Friday, and will shantotto MBing I can get about 350-400k/hour on Apex Eruca. Just got to 100 JP, and maanged to fit Tension spring IV, and man the damage difference is massive for AUTO.
 Shiva.Malthar
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
Posts: 296
By Shiva.Malthar 2017-06-19 04:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Equip a flame holder and see what happens when you do water fire fire fire
 Asura.Berlon
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Berlack
Posts: 31
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-19 04:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Malthar said: »
Equip a flame holder and see what happens when you do water fire fire fire


4 maneuvers?
Offline
Posts: 539
By dustinfoley 2017-06-19 05:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
water with -overload attachment makes it so when you go water -> fire -> fire (3 maneuvers, but due to water, its been reducing overload on 3rd fire) so by the time you get to the 3rd fire, you wont overload on it.
Offline
Posts: 539
By dustinfoley 2017-06-19 05:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Berlon - is that your standard tp set, your low acc set, your high acc set?

Recomending gear depends on target eva/what acc you need.In general moon belt > winbuffet belt for 99% of situations, even during tp phase. ces earring, and petrov ring are decent options.
 Asura.Berlon
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Berlack
Posts: 31
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-19 06:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
dustinfoley said: »
water with -overload attachment makes it so when you go water -> fire -> fire (3 maneuvers, but due to water, its been reducing overload on 3rd fire) so by the time you get to the 3rd fire, you wont overload on it.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood! Will give that a go tonight. What attachements would you recommend for that setup? I have the first +2 elemental gift from CP.

dustinfoley said: »
Berlon - is that your standard tp set, your low acc set, your high acc set?

Recomending gear depends on target eva/what acc you need.In general moon belt > winbuffet belt for 99% of situations, even during tp phase. ces earring, and petrov ring are decent options.

That's my apex eruca set atm, so standard i guess! Yeah? Okay cool will start using that as a replacement. I have taeon boots with acc/atk +20 and TA+2, would that beat hiza till i figure out how to gearswap in via augs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
Posts: 1111
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-19 07:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You only need around 1050 accuracy for Apex Eruca. If those Ohtas are augmented, you are almost certainly over the point where Hizamaru are useful. Generally speaking, that set is hot garbage.

Triple Fire Flameholder is only useful if you can one shot a mob. Otherwise your automaton is going to be slow as ***at getting TP and it won't be efficient. Also, depending the speed of your kills, you're going to start having a problem with burden.

Also also! Eruca are kind of a ***target for PUP specifically. They inflict slow. If it hits your puppet you're either going to have to use repair or maintenance. Because of the frequency, you're gunna burn a lot of oil. If you can hit 1050 before food, eat some sushi or shiromochi and fight Apex Bats eith Sharpshot.
 Asura.Berlon
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Berlack
Posts: 31
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-19 07:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
You only need around 1050 accuracy for Apex Eruca. If those Ohtas are augmented, you are almost certainly over the point where Hizamaru are useful. Generally speaking, that set is hot garbage.

Triple Fire Flameholder is only useful if you can one shot a mob. Otherwise your automaton is going to be slow as ***at getting TP and it won't be efficient. Also, depending the speed of your kills, you're going to start having a problem with burden.

Also also! Eruca are kind of a ***target for PUP specifically. They inflict slow. If it hits your puppet you're either going to have to use repair or maintenance. Because of the frequency, you're gunna burn a lot of oil. If you can hit 1050 before food, eat some sushi or shiromochi and fight Apex Bats eith Sharpshot.


Yeah? I have midnights which im using atm with pet acc/atk +25 on it, so go with herc all the way for master rather than the hiza then? I have legs and feet wih ta+4, and could farm another pair of hands/head to try for +4 on also.

Edit: Just found this on how to specify augmented stuffs: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/5mfgrk/gearswap_how_to_define_augmented_gear_terms_for/
 Asura.Berlon
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Berlack
Posts: 31
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-20 01:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hmm, annoying thing is, most of my herc gear with TA+4 didn't come with acc, so if I use that, I loose about 100~ Acc from my original set and takes me down to like 970.. Guess I'm going to have to dump more gil into trying to get TA and ACC.. ;;


Edit: In the meantime I could swap to using Ohtas fulltime which should get rid of some of the ACC deficit..
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 4125
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-20 02:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
You only need around 1050 accuracy for Apex Eruca. If those Ohtas are augmented, you are almost certainly over the point where Hizamaru are useful. Generally speaking, that set is hot garbage.

Triple Fire Flameholder is only useful if you can one shot a mob. Otherwise your automaton is going to be slow as ***at getting TP and it won't be efficient. Also, depending the speed of your kills, you're going to start having a problem with burden.

Also also! Eruca are kind of a ***target for PUP specifically. They inflict slow. If it hits your puppet you're either going to have to use repair or maintenance. Because of the frequency, you're gunna burn a lot of oil. If you can hit 1050 before food, eat some sushi or shiromochi and fight Apex Bats eith Sharpshot.
Which bats? The ones in woh gates inflict attack down add have a dangerous single target tp move. Did you mean ra'kaz bats? Those are really nice but require more acc.

I'm at like 1500 jps, would love to cap my pup eventually. Curious on which approach you would suggest for efficient cp.
Which strategy? Which trusts? Which attachments? Which automaton?

So far I've been soloing jps in reisenjima to also get kill count (I only have 55k so far, two birds with one stone to unlock more vorseals yo!) But I think I was getting only... I don't remember, no more than 1000k cp/hr though, probably.
And that was with a 47% cp cape, using which greatly hinders my automaton setup.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
Posts: 1111
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-06-20 04:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Berlon said: »
I have midnights which im using atm with pet acc/atk +25 on it

Why are you using Midnights? Use Ohtas. The only other H2H worth using are Godhands, Condemners or KKK(Pretty much only for Omen when you aren't supported.) Midnights are a macro pieces, or a tanking piece if you're cheap or lazy.



Asura.Berlon said: »
Hmm, annoying thing is, most of my herc gear with TA+4 didn't come with acc, so if I use that, I loose about 100~ Acc from my original set and takes me down to like 970.. Guess I'm going to have to dump more gil into trying to get TA and ACC.. ;;

You want accuracy. That said, using all Hercs isn't specifically the way to go. AF1+2 Helm is pretty ideal. You can get it totally solo just farming up a few cards from Omen, so there isn't any reason not to use it. If you have over 500jp, Heyoka head and legs become an option. When you need ALOT of accuracy, Ohtas+Heyoka head(Or AF1+2) and Heyoka legs will essentially cap your pets haste and let you focus all other gear for the master. But you, specifically, are not there yet.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Which bats? The ones in woh gates inflict attack down add have a dangerous single target tp move. Did you mean ra'kaz bats? Those are really nice but require more acc.

I do mean the ones in Woh Gates. Automaton ranged attacks are kinda bizarre. Armor Shatterer+Dia 3+Slyvie's Frailty+Attuner(1x fire) means your Automaton only needs around 1400ish attack to cap against those Bats. Also, your Automaton is going to have hate, and physical damage just doesn't matter to an Automaton.

Iirc, you need about 1300 accuracy to cap against Ra'kaznar Apex bats these days. With newer gear, this is much easier to do. Tali'ah Body +1, Heyoka head(or AF1+2), Heyoka Legs and Ohtas make this camp pretty manageable for both pet and master. You don't need back or belt for pet haste either, so you're free to use Moonbow and a Dex/acc/atk/DA back for the master.

With Armor Shatterer, Dia 3, Indi-Frailty and Attuner your pet will need 1727 attack to cap.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Curious on which approach you would suggest for efficient cp.

Joining a CP party. There isn't anything efficient about soloing.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 4125
By Asura.Sechs 2017-06-20 06:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
I do mean the ones in Woh Gates. Automaton ranged attacks are kinda bizarre. Armor Shatterer+Dia 3+Slyvie's Frailty+Attuner(1x fire) means your Automaton only needs around 1400ish attack to cap against those Bats. Also, your Automaton is going to have hate, and physical damage just doesn't matter to an Automaton.
Haven't tried soloing on those bats in ages, what would make them better than Ra'kaz ones?
Also I don't have Sylvie, and which trusts use Dia3 reliably?
The part about automaton keeping hate uh, I guess with one Strobe maybe? Or just from damage dealt?

Quote:
Iirc, you need about 1300 accuracy to cap against Ra'kaznar Apex bats these days.
Think it should be more around 1256 but yeah, around that.

I'm not really worried about acc, especially if decide to use Othas. Which I don't do in Reisenjima (me and pet engage on different targets, they die too fast) favoring Godhands, but on Ra'kaz bats I probably would to benefit if anything at least from the useful Pet Haste +10%.

Quote:
You don't need back or belt for pet haste either, so you're free to use Moonbow and a Dex/acc/atk/DA back for the master.
Granted I have a plethora of muled options I could swap around, my current hybrid set makes me cap 25% pet haste with Othas, Ambu cape and I forgot what else, uh, should check my Lua. Was it Ukko sash maybe? Then Pitre Tobe +1 and Omen necklace, rest of the slots are master-focused items.
A Hybrid set implies by nature accepting some compromise somewhere, back when I created my set (long time ago!) I tried to reach pet gear haste in the lowest amount of slots possible, so that I could use as many slots as possible to focus on master stats.
I suppose I could swap things around, I don't have all the best master/pet gear, but I sure do have a lot.
Anybody has a couple of updated hybrid sets to share, maybe? So I can see how far I would be from those with what I already have.


Quote:
Asura.Sechs said: »
Curious on which approach you would suggest for efficient cp.
Joining a CP party. There isn't anything efficient about soloing.
Duh... I agree with you of course! But it's not happening unless I'm with friends or I start a party myself, and even then it's quite hard to find the "necessary" jobs.
Tried to join manaburn pts but it just wasn't working despite all my different tests, maybe you remember some of them because we discussed those together here in this thread when we were reporting the unusual lack of macc on Animators.

So yeah, as much as it may sound a paradox, I was looking for the most efficient way to solo CP.
1000k cp/hr in Reisenjima is likely my best, with my average being lower, and it's pretty depressing honestly, for my standards at least.
 Asura.Berlon
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Berlack
Posts: 31
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-20 07:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Asura.Berlon said: »
I have midnights which im using atm with pet acc/atk +25 on it
Why are you using Midnights? Use Ohtas. The only other H2H worth using are Godhands, Condemners or KKK(Pretty much only for Omen when you aren't supported.) Midnights are a macro pieces, or a tanking piece if you're cheap or lazy.
Was using them because of the damage difference between the two, i'll swap to Ohtas then.


Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Asura.Berlon said: »
Hmm, annoying thing is, most of my herc gear with TA+4 didn't come with acc, so if I use that, I loose about 100~ Acc from my original set and takes me down to like 970.. Guess I'm going to have to dump more gil into trying to get TA and ACC.. ;;

You want accuracy. That said, using all Hercs isn't specifically the way to go. AF1+2 Helm is pretty ideal. You can get it totally solo just farming up a few cards from Omen, so there isn't any reason not to use it. If you have over 500jp, Heyoka head and legs become an option. When you need ALOT of accuracy, Ohtas+Heyoka head(Or AF1+2) and Heyoka legs will essentially cap your pets haste and let you focus all other gear for the master. But you, specifically, are not there yet.

If i swap out the herc that doesn't have acc and with the gear I have I could use this set:

ItemSet 351911

till i get to 500 JP for SU3 access.

Also this is my current smite set:
ItemSet 351913
(Ryuo hands/feet path A: STR+10 DEX+10 Accuracy+15 and Rao path B:STR+10 DEX+10 ATT+15 Herc body with acc+26 TA+3)

I dont have access to fotia gorget yet, but do have the belt, would that be better than moonbow till I have farmed the neck?
 Cerberus.Bongsolo
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stalk
Posts: 14
By Cerberus.Bongsolo 2017-06-20 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Auto won't be able to keep up without pet haste capped and you might still be waiting. I would build around this.
ItemSet 351949

You can swap feet/waist Tali'ah Crackows +1/Moonbow belt. But I've found the previous better overall.
 Asura.Berlon
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Berlack
Posts: 31
By Asura.Berlon 2017-06-21 01:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cerberus.Bongsolo said: »
Auto won't be able to keep up without pet haste capped and you might still be waiting. I would build around this.
ItemSet 351949

You can swap feet/waist Tali'ah Crackows +1/Moonbow belt. But I've found the previous better overall.


I dont have the +1 body for that yet (Went with +1 Jhakri for rdm/blm/sch idle) wouldn't for me swapping to Tali'ah Crackows and keeping herc for the acc/ta be the best bet? This is with cape/Ohtas with +10 haste

ItemSet 351911
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 55 56 57
Log in to post.