2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 181 182 183
By Clement 2016-02-08 18:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,
I am using Beaztmaster's .lua for BST ( http://pastebin.com/SaGtwiJ0 ). Don't know much about lua, and haven't really edited it beyond my own personal gear. When I have a pet out, the sub weapon defined as part of the engaged.DW set doesn't swap the subweapon defined in pet.idle (Astolfo). I tried a couple of different axes, one not augmented, but the subweapon just stays the same (Charmer's Merlin comes in for readyprecast, and skirmish axes for ready midcast, but the melee weapon I want isn't swapping in). Thanks for any consideration!
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-02-09 15:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

How would I make it possible to show the current debuffs on the mob just like in this video?
YouTube Video Placeholder
I sent him a message but hasn't responded yet. Thanks~

Edit: Nvm got it
By dustinfoley 2016-02-12 17:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do i have to do anything special with pet ws sets for pup?

sets.midcast.Pet.WeaponSkill = {head="Karagoz Capello", hands="Cirque Guanti +2", legs="Karagoz Pantaloni", feet="Naga Kyahan", back="Dispersa mantle"}

doesnt swap in any gear. I have it set to offense mode (normal).
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-02-13 08:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to use a precast set based on a subjob? As in I wanna use different sets for /rdm or /thf so I can always cap FC.
By Miang 2016-02-13 09:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Is there any way to use a precast set based on a subjob? As in I wanna use different sets for /rdm or /thf so I can always cap FC.
Code
if player.sub_job == 'THF' then
	equip(sets.precast['THF'])
elseif player.sub_job == 'RDM' then
	equip(sets.precast['RDM'])
else
	equip(sets.precast.general)
end

Or I think a cleaner way to do it is
Code
if sets.precast[player.sub_job] then
	equip(sets.precast[player.sub_job])
else
	equip(sets.precast.general)
end
[+]
 Sylph.Parshias
Server: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2016-02-18 09:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to edit my precast settings, but getting an error a just cannot resolve:
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.english == 'Death' then
        equip(sets.precast.Death)
    end
	elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' or spell.skill == 'Dark Magic' then
		if state.MagicBurst.value then
			equip(sets.precast.FCB)
		end
		else equip(sets.precast.FC)
end

I get an error when loading my lua that I'm missing an end to close the function, but when I look at the file in notepad++ the final end is linked to the function, and adding an extra end and the... end doesn't do anything to resolve the error when I re-load my lua.

I'm not really sure what's giving gearswap fits here, especially since I have a similar type of set-up for magic bursting in another function and that piece has no issues whatsoever.
 Asura.Brennski
Server: Asura
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-02-18 10:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
            equip(sets.precast.FCB)
        else 
            equip(sets.precast.FC)
end

Try the above. I think you had too many end statements and your LUA code was ending after pre-cast death and not able to work out where the else's fit in.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-18 10:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

How would I make it possible to show the current debuffs on the mob just like in this video?

Mind sharing the info?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-02-19 06:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Parshias said: »
I'm trying to edit my precast settings, but getting an error a just cannot resolve:
Code
    end
			equip(sets.precast.FCB)
		end
		else equip(sets.precast.FC)
end

I get an error when loading my lua that I'm missing an end to close the function, but when I look at the file in notepad++ the final end is linked to the function, and adding an extra end and the... end doesn't do anything to resolve the error when I re-load my lua.

I'm not really sure what's giving gearswap fits here, especially since I have a similar type of set-up for magic bursting in another function and that piece has no issues whatsoever.

'end' only comes at the very end of a logic tree, not before 'elseif' and 'else' (which belong to the same logic tree as the original 'if').
Code
			equip(sets.precast.FCB)
		else 
			equip(sets.precast.FC)
		end
	end
end
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-02-21 15:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

New to gearswap, anyone know how i swap into Twilight Cape and Hachirin-No-Obi whilst under weather in this lua? Also, how do i toggle into Heralds Gaiters? Thanks
 Odin.Zadora
Server: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2016-02-21 17:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to know how to do this.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-21 19:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said: »
New to gearswap, anyone know how i swap into Twilight Cape and Hachirin-No-Obi whilst under weather in this lua? Also, how do i toggle into Heralds Gaiters? Thanks
I don't use Twilight Cape for nukes, only cures. I believe it was said in the SCH forum that Toro/Bookworm was better nowadays. I also don't have Hachirin-no-Obi, hence why it doesn't swap to it.

This should work under the job_post_midcast section:
Code
if spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
        equip ({back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
    end

CTRL+F11 is kiting toggle.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-21 19:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »

Mind sharing the info?
^
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-02-22 17:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
I don't use Twilight Cape for nukes, only cures. I believe it was said in the SCH forum that Toro/Bookworm was better nowadays. I also don't have Hachirin-no-Obi, hence why it doesn't swap to it.

Code
if spell.element == world.day_element or spell.element == world.weather_element then
    end

Perfect, thanks!

Could anyone also explain how i can get it to differentiate between different augmented pieces?
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-22 18:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
    end

Perfect, thanks!

Could anyone also explain how i can get it to differentiate between different augmented pieces?
Add the pieces in your inventory. Type "//gs export inv lua" in chatlog. Navigate to Windower4/addons/gearswap/data/export folder.
Open the newly created lua file.

I prefer pasting the next steps in the Mote-Globals file found in the libs folder. Copy the augmented piece in the export file and paste, while naming it, in the globals file under the function define_global_sets()

Example:
Code
merl_head_MB = {name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'Mag. Acc.+23 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Magic burst mdg.+4%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15'}}
	merl_head_FC = {name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'Mag. Acc.+9','"Fast Cast"+5','MND+8','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+3'}}
	merl_feet_MB = {name="Merlinic Crackows", augments={'Mag. Acc.+23','Magic burst mdg.+11%'}}
	merl_feet_MAB = {name="Merlinic Crackows", augments={'Mag. Acc.+24 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+24','"Fast Cast"+1','INT+8','Mag. Acc.+4','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13'}}

Lastly, edit your job.lua file to reflect the aliased gear as such: head=merl_head_FC,feet=merl_feet_MAB
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-02-22 21:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to have a certain magic burst set equipped based on your weapon? I want to make 2 different sets but I'm unfamiliar on how to format it since the person who helped me on my GS uses this MB format sets.magic_burst =
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-22 22:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds possible if the weapons are 2 different ones. If they're the same, not certain.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2016-02-22 22:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I'm planning on using Tupsimati and Akademos. I wanted to make a 2nd set using Static Earring and Locus Ring to make up for the MBD lost using Tupsimati.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-02-22 22:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.windower.net/doku.php?id=addons:gearswap:documentation:global_variables:start

player.equipment.main should be your currently equipped staff (or whatever you equipped in precast, I think). If you are interested in knowing what staff you're currently attempting to equip within a given function call, it might be possible but would be more complicated.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
Server: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-02-23 09:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zadora said: »

I would like to know how to do this.
yes please, plugin for display monster info can i have it ?
[Debuffed???]
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-02-23 11:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
    end

Perfect, thanks!

Add the pieces in your inventory. Type "//gs export inv lua" in chatlog. Navigate to Windower4/addons/gearswap/data/export folder.
Open the newly created lua file.

I prefer pasting the next steps in the Mote-Globals file found in the libs folder. Copy the augmented piece in the export file and paste, while naming it, in the globals file under the function define_global_sets()

Example:
Code
merl_head_MB = {name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'Mag. Acc.+23 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+23','Magic burst mdg.+4%','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15'}}
	merl_head_FC = {name="Merlinic Hood", augments={'Mag. Acc.+9','"Fast Cast"+5','MND+8','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+3'}}
	merl_feet_MB = {name="Merlinic Crackows", augments={'Mag. Acc.+23','Magic burst mdg.+11%'}}
	merl_feet_MAB = {name="Merlinic Crackows", augments={'Mag. Acc.+24 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+24','"Fast Cast"+1','INT+8','Mag. Acc.+4','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+13'}}

Lastly, edit your job.lua file to reflect the aliased gear as such: head=merl_head_FC,feet=merl_feet_MAB

No joy.

Have this in Mote-Globals
Code
Dark_Ring_Physical = {name="Dark Ring", augments={'Magic dmg. taken -4%','Phys. dmg. taken -3%'}}
	Dark_Ring_Magic = {name="Dark Ring", augments={'Enemy crit. hit rate -2','Magic dmg. taken -5%','Spell interruption rate down -3%'}}

and have the following included in SCH.lua:
ring1=Dark_Ring_Physical
ring2=Dark_Ring_Magic
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-02-23 13:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

That's where it goes, right below the dark_ring stuff. Use my example as a template once you've followed my instructions.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By dustinfoley 2016-03-03 16:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

2 questions:

1) Can someone make code, where if you have the 'reive' buff on (lair, colonization, wildkeepers) it equips the adoulin reive necks (i have refugee but you any would work)

2) I have setup an offense state (f9 toggle) called pethybrid. Is there a way to make it so if offense = pet hybrid, and pet tp >900, it equips a set "pet_ws", then goes back to pethybrid after pet tp goes back down.
 Sylph.Mozhat
Server: Sylph
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2016-03-04 10:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about smn "sets.midcast.Pet."

On the function user_setup(),
what state."NAME"Mode:options('None', 'PhyAcc', 'MagAcc')
would you use to toggle the sets.midcast.Pet.?

This lua uses mote_include_version = 2.
There's no miscast.set in the event section.

-- Custom spell mapping.
function job_get_spell_map(spell)
if spell.type == 'BloodPactRage' then
if magicalRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
return 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
else
return 'PhysicalBloodPactRage'
end
elseif spell.type == 'BloodPactWard' and spell.target.type == 'MONSTER' then
return 'DebuffBloodPactWard'
end
end
By Sidiov 2016-03-04 11:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
1) Can someone make code, where if you have the 'reive' buff on (lair, colonization, wildkeepers) it equips the adoulin reive necks (i have refugee but you any would work)

(Assuming you want it locked) Put in your buff_change event
Code
	--Auto put RR neck on in Reives
	if buff == "Reive Mark" then
		if gain then
			equip({neck="Adoulin's Refuge +1"})
			disable('neck')
		else
			enable('neck')
		end
	end

Otherwise make a buff condition for "Reive Mark" and create a set and choose the functions where it applies, similar to an obi or hybrid set.
By dustinfoley 2016-03-04 12:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That should work perfect, i try it out when i get home.

Thank you
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-03-04 13:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

37stitches said: »
Hello all,
I am having issues with this dnc lua file. The climactic flourish isn't equipping when the buff is active. I am at a loss as to where the problem lies. Any help is much appreciated. TY in advance.
Are you sure it's not equipping? Assuming you've validated it with //gs showswaps?
By dustinfoley 2016-03-04 16:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

dustinfoley said: »
2 questions:

2) I have setup an offense state (f9 toggle) called pethybrid. Is there a way to make it so if offense = pet hybrid, and pet tp >900, it equips a set "pet_ws", then goes back to pethybrid after pet tp goes back down.

Onto part 2:

function job_state_change(stateField, newValue, oldValue)
if stateField == 'Offense Mode' then
if newValue == 'Pethybrid' then
if pet.tp >=200 then
equip(sets.midcast.Pet.WeaponSkill)
end
end

tried something like this and 200 variants and cant get it to equip my pet ws set ><
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92 93 ... 181 182 183