Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 181 182 183
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-07-04 19:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi! I seem to have a pretty weird problem going on, I'm not sure if it is a gearswap thing, or something else causing it, but basically, when i cast T4/T5 nukes in Salvage, my gear does not swap. It still swaps fine on every other spell though inside salvage.. outside of salvage, the t4/t5 swaps work.. I was previously using Mote's SCH gs, so I got a new one, yet the problem is still here, so I am not sure what to do D: I have some screenshots with showswaps turned on of me nuking in salvage to show the swaps not happening if that helps I can post them. This is my current gearswap I am using! http://pastebin.com/a6vMaCq9

Any help would be appreciated >< Probably something silly!
 Sylph.Staleyx
Server: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-07-04 19:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Was going to say something with the pathos but its only t4/5...hmm
 Asura.Xavierreivax
Server: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Xavierreivax 2015-07-04 20:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently added an eventArgs to my job_aftercast to bypass it for my eady moves. Using ready moves will end me in my idle/tp set as intended but everything else I do will not go to TP/Idle anymore. Without the eventArgs everything works as intended except for ready moves. This is what I have, not sure how to get everything ese to work without removing the eventArgs.
Took out the job_ before aftercast and all my JA started working again but it causes and index field error.
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 21:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xavierreivax said: »
Recently added an eventArgs to my job_aftercast to bypass it for my eady moves. Using ready moves will end me in my idle/tp set as intended but everything else I do will not go to TP/Idle anymore. Without the eventArgs everything works as intended except for ready moves. This is what I have, not sure how to get everything ese to work without removing the eventArgs.
I would have to see the rest of your file to really tell what conflict is arising, but I'm still not sure why you need to not swap back into idle after triggering Ready. You're just going to immediately go into pet_midcast anyway, so, I'm still unclear on the necessity.
 Asura.Xavierreivax
By Asura.Xavierreivax 2015-07-04 21:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Swapping back to Idle/TP after ready moves is not an issue anymore with the addition of what you gave me earlier, that works perfectly. The problem is with the eventargs nothing else swaps back to Idle/TP such as using reward or spur or a weaponskill.

Forgive the ugly spoiler, I really need a snipit tool ;/
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 21:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Supakoneko said: »
Hi! I seem to have a pretty weird problem going on, I'm not sure if it is a gearswap thing, or something else causing it, but basically, when i cast T4/T5 nukes in Salvage, my gear does not swap. It still swaps fine on every other spell though inside salvage.. outside of salvage, the t4/t5 swaps work.. I was previously using Mote's SCH gs, so I got a new one, yet the problem is still here, so I am not sure what to do D: I have some screenshots with showswaps turned on of me nuking in salvage to show the swaps not happening if that helps I can post them. This is my current gearswap I am using! http://pastebin.com/a6vMaCq9

Please do. And, if you can, enable debugmode (gs debugmode) and take some snaps of that, too. (showswaps is not needed with debugmode)
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 21:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive the ugly spoiler, I really need a snipit tool ;/
PasteBin
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 21:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Swapping back to Idle/TP after ready moves is not an issue anymore with the addition of what you gave me earlier, that works perfectly. The problem is with the eventargs nothing else swaps back to Idle/TP such as using reward or spur or a weaponskill.
Try that.
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-07-04 21:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »

Please do. And, if you can, enable debugmode (gs debugmode) and take some snaps of that, too. (showswaps is not needed with debugmode)

Okay, will have to get the fresh screenshots with debugmode in a little while once I go back in to salvage. Here are the ones I have with showswaps on doing t3 then t4 then t5. http://imgur.com/zZcyUEf http://imgur.com/Wz6t3Go http://imgur.com/tRfNoQ6
This does not happen anywhere I have tried outside of salvage, it's only in there ><
 Asura.Xavierreivax
By Asura.Xavierreivax 2015-07-04 21:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That puts me back to going aftercast > petmidcast > petaftercast. Seems to be swapping fast enough to work so I'm gonna give it a rest for tonight. I'll get pastebin up too. Thankyou for the help as well.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 21:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That puts me back to going aftercast > petmidcast > petaftercast. Seems to be swapping fast enough to work so I'm gonna give it a rest for tonight. I'll get pastebin up too. Thankyou for the help as well.
I've never had/seen a problem with the speed of the swaps by going precast -> aftercast -> pet_midcast -> pet_aftercast, outside of DRG breath, but that's a client/server issue. The idea behind what I gave you, though, is that it will still trigger aftercast, but the set it puts on is the set you are using for pet_midcast. But, since I don't normally use that style file so I'm not 100% sure it will work that way.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 21:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, will have to get the fresh screenshots with debugmode in a little while once I go back in to salvage. Here are the ones I have with showswaps on doing t3 then t4 then t5. http://imgur.com/zZcyUEf http://imgur.com/Wz6t3Go http://imgur.com/tRfNoQ6
This does not happen anywhere I have tried outside of salvage, it's only in there ><
That's really strange. I don't see anything in your .lua that would prevent swapping on T4/5. Did you try a full "lua unload gearswap/lua load gearswap" just to make sure nothing bugged out when you changed your file type?
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-07-04 22:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have reloaded and relogged a bunch of times, this issue happened with both gearswaps >< I'm in salvage now once im done with unlocks I'll get the fresh screenshot with debugmode
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-07-04 22:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so, this is me in Salvage now doing t3, t4 and t5. Clearly I do have addendum:black up or I would not be able to cast them, so I am not sure why it says that. Here is the screenshot!
http://imgur.com/BejWCua

I also took a screenshot of me doing these spells on some trash in Escha Zitah to show that, outside of salvage, I don't get this error and the swaps work fine.
http://imgur.com/hFkJU09

I can't seem to work out why it thinks addendum:black isnt up when I am in salvage and only salvage lol. Many thanks for taking a look at these.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 22:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so, this is me in Salvage now doing t3, t4 and t5. Clearly I do have addendum:black up or I would not be able to cast them, so I am not sure why it says that. Here is the screenshot!
http://imgur.com/BejWCua

I also took a screenshot of me doing these spells on some trash in Escha Zitah to show that, outside of salvage, I don't get this error and the swaps work fine.
http://imgur.com/hFkJU09

I can't seem to work out why it thinks addendum:black isnt up when I am in salvage and only salvage lol. Many thanks for taking a look at these.
Based on the language in those screenshots, it's a problem in helper_functions.lua. I'm trying to get to the root of it now.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 22:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Question: did you have your sub job unlocked?
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-07-04 22:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Question: did you have your sub job unlocked?

Yes it was unlocked, I go solo so I always get that from the first rune.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 22:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it was unlocked, I go solo so I always get that from the first rune.
Well, debunked that a little bit. Rooting through all the base code of GearSwap is not my forté. This is a Byrth thing, but I'm not sure how often he checks this thread. I'll keep digging until I see a resolution.
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-07-04 22:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay >< thanks a bunch for trying!
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-05 10:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if it was possible for gearswap to tell how much haste a particular buff is giving. Like how marches and geo haste varies depending on how much song+ and geomancy+ is used.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-05 16:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulthakptah said: »
I was wondering if it was possible for gearswap to tell how much haste a particular buff is giving. Like how marches and geo haste varies depending on how much song+ and geomancy+ is used.
I believe you can if you cast it yourself, but not if it is cast on you by another. If, say, you know you will always be with a +5 GEO, then you can script in a rule to look for just Geo-Haste and Haste for max magic haste, if that is what you mean to do.
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-05 17:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

Currently I'm using motes. As a blm one of the codes locks feet for mana wall. Ill paste it below. I don't believe it's working as is, also I would like to add a manafont buff to the elseif. Being their JA's with long recast times, I haven't checked /showswaps yet. Could someone peek at this code at least tell me if it's correct. Again I'm using motes..

if not spell.interrupted then
if spell.english == 'Mana Wall' then
enable('feet')
equip(sets.buff['Mana Wall'])
disable('feet')
elseif spell.english == 'Manafont' then
enable('body')
equip(sets.buff.Manafont)
disable('body')
elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
state.MagicBurst:reset()

end
end
end

^ my edit, added manafont set. Below is the original code that came with the mote.

if not spell.interrupted then
if spell.english == 'Mana Wall' then
enable('feet')
equip(sets.buff['Mana Wall'])
disable('feet')
elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
state.MagicBurst:reset()

end
end

Will both work and/or are they even correct in the first place?

Thanks for your time
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2015-07-05 17:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok for anyone who read my post on the last page about my cor buff roll timer duration being double i tracked down what the issue today and it seems the phantom roll duration buff that the Navarch's gants +2 give is wrong in win resources. The hands give a 10% phantom roll duration but when i equip them they are giving 100% making my timers start over 15 min for each roll.

I have tried to look as to where the gear buffs are in win resources but i have been unable to find which file they use for these and alter it myself, Im gona upgrade these to 109 and see if the problem is fixed on those.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-05 22:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
Hey guys,

Currently I'm using motes. As a blm one of the codes locks feet for mana wall. Ill paste it below. I don't believe it's working as is, also I would like to add a manafont buff to the elseif. Being their JA's with long recast times, I haven't checked /showswaps yet. Could someone peek at this code at least tell me if it's correct. Again I'm using motes..

Will both work and/or are they even correct in the first place?

Thanks for your time
I assume this is in your job_aftercast, and if so, yes. Now, I would also verify there is a job_buff_change function, that looks like this:
[+]
 Asura.Pintseyes
user: yurmy123
By Asura.Pintseyes 2015-07-06 00:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome! I do in fact have the other gear handling code. I didn't know they were "linked" as such that I should change both..

Vaf, thanks again for your time and clarification.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-06 00:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pintseyes said: »
Awesome! I do in fact have the other gear handling code. I didn't know they were "linked" as such that I should change both..

Vaf, thanks again for your time and clarification.
No problem. Basically, aftercast equips and locks it, then buff_change unlocks it after the buff wears off. The command handle_equipping_gear(player.status) is basically what happens when you press F12, just without the message. That way, it ensures you have the correct gear equipped after the buff wears off.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-07-07 01:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just noticed THIS old post in the Bard thread.

So appearently the Area of Effect thing works on macros as well, not just from the menu, but only if Gearswap is unloaded.
I wonder if that's really true and it's not actually Shortcuts causing the lack of display of the area of effect thing.

Regardless, do you guys (Byrth, Rooks, whomever else mantains Gearswap) think they could take a look at this? It would be awesome if we could allow this new thing to work from macros even with Gearswap loaded up.
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-07 03:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Just noticed THIS old post in the Bard thread.

So appearently the Area of Effect thing works on macros as well, not just from the menu, but only if Gearswap is unloaded.
I wonder if that's really true and it's not actually Shortcuts causing the lack of display of the area of effect thing.

Regardless, do you guys (Byrth, Rooks, whomever else mantains Gearswap) think they could take a look at this? It would be awesome if we could allow this new thing to work from macros even with Gearswap loaded up.
It could be plausible, maybe, to set up something in pretarget, but I haven't the slightest how packets work.
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-08 09:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Encountered a problem with my sch again.
Whenver I cast Sandstorm it suppose to equip desert boots but seem to overwrite it with my idle set. Any way around this?

http://pastebin.com/gtA4111f
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2015-07-08 09:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to specify a rule under:
Code
function customize_idle_set(idleSet)

Something looking like:
Code
    if  buffactive["Sandstorm"] then
          idleSet = set_combine(sets.idle.Town, {feet="Desert boots"})
end

This should equip Desert boots on your idle set whenever you have Sandstorm active.
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 181 182 183