First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 180 181 182
 Asura.Cambion
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2015-07-01 22:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I wonder if there's something wrong with my sets.engaged.defence set, it won't equip in vagary, haven't seen it fail to equip in other areas.

I highly doubt it matters, but the OCD in me says at least try fixing the defence vs defense that you alter between in your lua.
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-02 03:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get my sch gs to change into desert boots when sandstorm is up but can't get it work, ideas?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-02 03:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Your idle section has Heralds Gaiters listed as the idle feet. Do you not have those? They have the same movement speed.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-02 04:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: got it worked out. Added
Code
if state.Buff.Sandstorm then equip(sets.buff['Sandstorm']) end
and now equips them when i cast sandstorm :)
 Fenrir.Magicstick
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicstick 2015-07-02 07:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I'm having an issue where Gearswap will not equipping my midcast gearsets for the newest Blu spells (Anvil Lightning, Spectral Floe, ect..) Anyone have this problem?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-02 08:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magicstick said: »
Hello, I'm having an issue where Gearswap will not equipping my midcast gearsets for the newest Blu spells (Anvil Lightning, Spectral Floe, ect..) Anyone have this problem?
You should probably post your gearswap, but are you using Mote's blu gearswap? If so he seems to map blu spells to varaibles so you would have to add the new spells to those mappings for them to use the proper midcast sets.
 Fenrir.Magicstick
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Magicstick 2015-07-02 10:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply, I was looking for that file earlier but I guess I was looking at the wrong one, I think I found it now. Thanks again!
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-07-02 12:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a reason why my Sapience Orb isn't being swapped in?
sets.midcast.BarElement = {main="Tupsimati",
sub="Willpower Grip",
ammo="Sapience Orb",
head="Befouled Crown",
body="Telchine Chasuble",
hands="Arbatel Bracers +1",
legs="Acad. Pants +1",
feet="Regal Pumps +1",
neck="Colossus's Torque",
waist="Witful Belt",
right_ear="Gwati Earring",
left_ear="Gifted Earring",
left_ring="Defending Ring",
right_ring="Dark Ring",
back="Merciful Cape"}
I've checked numerous times, no spelling error afaik, tried //gs export and still doesn't work for any of my sets.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-02 18:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having trouble getting select_default_macro_book() to work. Have i missed something? Tried copy what i thought were the code from my blm/sch lua which has this function
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-02 18:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

0 isn't a valid value for the set_macro_page thing which I guess could be your issue.

The first number is the row you start on between 1 and 10 and the second number is the macro book between 1 and 20.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-02 18:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

0 isn't a valid value for the set_macro_page thing which I guess could be your issue.

The first number is the row you start on between 1 and 10 and the second number is the macro book between 1 and 20.
Changed it into set_macro_page(1, 3) but no diffrence when i reload the file
 Asura.Vafruvant
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-03 15:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »

select_default_macro_book() looks for the function set_macro_page(set,book) in Mote-Utility.lua. That being said, not using his file will not allow you to just copy that specific function. What you would need to get that to work is this:
All that being said, in not using his file, all of that is completely unnecessary, as that is a general rule, and you are setting a specific book/set in that specific file. Instead of doing a select_default_macro_book(), just put this at the top of your file, like so:
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-03 15:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Is there a reason why my Sapience Orb isn't being swapped in?
I've checked numerous times, no spelling error afaik, tried //gs export and still doesn't work for any of my sets.
There was something the other day on another sub-forum about something not working if it was capitalized though, I admit, I didn't read it thoroughly. Maybe try it all lowercase and see if it works? Otherwise, we might need to see the entire .lua to figure it out.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-03 16:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if there's something wrong with my sets.engaged.defence set, it won't equip in vagary, haven't seen it fail to equip in other areas.
I can't tell why it's not equipping, other than it might be getting overlayed with your Defense Mode sets, if you have them enabled, which I imagine you would in Vagary. Spelling checks in options and the set name, so it should all work.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-03 16:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xavierreivax said: »
Thankyou Malthar this worked perfectly. Last question for the night I promise.... Trying to get my desultor tassets to have a use in precast however I can not figure out where to put a pet precast set. I tried in the player one but then it goes precast>aftercast>pet_midcast>pet_aftercast which is not working as I would like it to. I am far from a gearswap expert so anyone who can direct me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
You need to have a check at precast to look for what Ready move you are issuing. As mentioned a couple posts after you, this does not work with the new /bstpet commands, as those execute the move System -> Pet instead of System -> Master -> Pet. If you're using a Mote BST file, you should be able to do something like this:
Now, You could get a bit more specific if there is a table already included in your file called "ready_moves_to_check", and you could say this then:
and that will only trigger on those ready moves. They should both do the same thing, though. Change the set name to whatever you have it listed as in your file.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-03 16:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
I can't tell why it's not equipping, other than it might be getting overlayed with your Defense Mode sets, if you have them enabled, which I imagine you would in Vagary. Spelling checks in options and the set name, so it should all work.
Thanks for responding but my defence sets weren't being used until I realised I was taking more damage than I should, from that point I just alternated between PDT and MDT when needed.

It's odd, Vagary is the only zone so far this has happened.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-03 16:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zaffre said: »
 -- Elemental Obi/Twilight Cape --
        sets.Obi = {waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
        sets.Obi.Thunder = {back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
        sets.Obi.Water = {back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
        sets.Obi.Fire = {back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
        sets.Obi.Ice = {back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
        sets.Obi.Wind = {back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
        sets.Obi.Earth = {back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
        sets.Obi.Light = {back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
        sets.Obi.Dark = {back="Twilight Cape",waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"}
Just a thought, since I don't use this style GS, but those look like the elements, not the names, and thus should say sets.Obi.Lightning not sets.Obi.Thunder
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-03 16:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for responding but my defence sets weren't being used until I realised I was taking more damage than I should, from that point I just alternated between PDT and MDT when needed.

I'm going to assume you weren't dual-wielding, correct? And did you have a hybrid mode turned on? If so, there are no applicable sets for that offense mode and a matching hybrid mode, i.e. sets.engaged.Defence.Reraise, so that wouldn't be able to find a set and would just leave you in whatever set your last action triggered.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-03 16:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to assume you weren't dual-wielding, correct? And did you have a hybrid mode turned on? If so, there are no applicable sets for that offense mode and a matching hybrid mode, i.e. sets.engaged.Defence.Reraise, so that wouldn't be able to find a set and would just leave you in whatever set your last action triggered.
I don't recall triggering a defence set, also when it didn't work I did try to alt+12 to reset my defence mode but it seemed to do nothing, I just kept my sets.engaged on.
 Asura.Xavierreivax
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Xavierreivax 2015-07-04 04:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to bypass player aftercast for certain events? What I am trying to do is precast my ready gear in player precast and then have it go to my pet midcast. Without bypassing the player aftercast it will go to my idle set prior to pet midcast which throws everything off;; Any help would be appreciated.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 11:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to bypass player aftercast for certain events? What I am trying to do is precast my ready gear in player precast and then have it go to my pet midcast. Without bypassing the player aftercast it will go to my idle set prior to pet midcast which throws everything off;; Any help would be appreciated.
So, you need the Desultor Tassets (and Charmer's Merlin, if applicable) on continuously until the Ready move actually begins, then switch out to pet DD stats? Is that what you're saying? If that's the case, then you could put this in and it should work:
 Asura.Xavierreivax
By Asura.Xavierreivax 2015-07-04 15:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty for the response Vaf but that's not what I am getting at. I only have desultor/charmer's in mt ready_precast which is actually working. My problem is that the ready_precast is in my player's precast function and the actual ready sets are in my pet_function. The way it acts is it will go player_precast(ready_precast) then go to my idle set(player_aftercast). This is the part I want to ignore for this reason here. After the player_aftercast it goes into my pet_midcast then into pet_aftercast so I have 4 gearset changes for 1 move. I want it to be like this:
1)player_precast(ready_precast)
2)pet_midcast
3)pet_aftercast
I just need to bypass that player_aftercats and it would be all good.
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2015-07-04 15:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Been trying to figure out why timers is creating times for my Corsair rolls which are double what they should be 15 min for each roll, If i unload gearswap it's ok so it has to be something in my lua and i've looked and looked but i cannot spot whats causeing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 15:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty for the response Vaf but that's not what I am getting at. I only have desultor/charmer's in mt ready_precast which is actually working. My problem is that the ready_precast is in my player's precast function and the actual ready sets are in my pet_function. The way it acts is it will go player_precast(ready_precast) then go to my idle set(player_aftercast). This is the part I want to ignore for this reason here. After the player_aftercast it goes into my pet_midcast then into pet_aftercast so I have 4 gearset changes for 1 move. I want it to be like this:
1)player_precast(ready_precast)
2)pet_midcast
3)pet_aftercast
I just need to bypass that player_aftercats and it would be all good.
What I posted should still do that. To my knowledge, putting in eventArgs.handled = true will stop automatic gear changes from occuring.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 15:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lewyo said: »
Been trying to figure out why timers is creating times for my Corsair rolls which are double what they should be 15 min for each roll, If i unload gearswap it's ok so it has to be something in my lua and i've looked and looked but i cannot spot whats causeing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't see anything in there that would return that way. I haven't played COR since this update, but it could very well be how Timers is reading the packets since the update. TBH I'm not sure.
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2015-07-04 16:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah it's weired because if i unload the lua it works ok guess i may have to post on the windower fourm about this.
 Asura.Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-07-04 16:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

select_default_macro_book() looks for the function set_macro_page(set,book) in Mote-Utility.lua. That being said, not using his file will not allow you to just copy that specific function. What you would need to get that to work is this:
All that being said, in not using his file, all of that is completely unnecessary, as that is a general rule, and you are setting a specific book/set in that specific file. Instead of doing a select_default_macro_book(), just put this at the top of your file, like so:
Got me thinking, wouldnt the windower add-on 'Macrochanger' fix this as well?
 Asura.Xavierreivax
By Asura.Xavierreivax 2015-07-04 18:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so that does work Vaf however it is giving me an "attempt to index global event" error. Not sure why because it is working and changing gear accordingly.

Fixed! ty Vaf :D
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 19:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Got me thinking, wouldnt the windower add-on 'Macrochanger' fix this as well?
Yes and no. If you go with how I suggested to use it, just putting in a send_command, then yes, it's identical. However, you can expand on it a little bit more using GearSwap as it's not limited by main-job only like MacroChanger. MC looks only at your main job, not your sub job, which isn't *that* big a deal, but it's not quite the same.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-07-04 19:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so that does work Vaf however it is giving me an "attempt to index global event" error. Not sure why because it is working and changing gear accordingly.

Fixed! ty Vaf :D
Glad it works.
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 180 181 182