Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-13 17:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flanteus said: »
Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Hello,

I have a problem with sets.midcast.Pet.Weaponskill for my automaton it does swap equipments (verified by showswaps) but with no effect on weaponskill (+1000 TP)! what gives?
Either a typo on your part when posting this, or it could completely solve your issue: if you're using the PUP.lua from Kinematics, the set must be called sets.midcast.Pet.WeaponSkill, not sets.midcast.Pet.Weaponskill

Annoying, but capitals do matter. If you have it capitalized properly in your file, no one will be able to fix it unless you post it, preferably using PasteBin.

Yes I'm using PUP.lua from Kinematics, the thing is it was actually written as WeaponSkill but the gear wasn't swapping at all, so I changed it to Weaponskill and Showswap command started showing the gear swap in chat under pet_midcast but it wasn't actually happening...
Code
    sets.midcast.Pet.WeaponSkill = {head="Karagoz Capello", hands="Karagoz Guanti", legs="Karagoz Pantaloni", 
		back={ name="Dispersal Mantle", augments={'STR+4','Pet: TP Bonus+480','"Martial Arts"+17',}}}

the test was done with Cannibal Blade which has a fixed dmg that is only modified by TP and automaton melee skill, so adding an extra 1000 TP should be very noticeable and consistent increase.

The correct spelling is "Weaponskill". You can verify in Mote's default PUP.lua

It looks like you fixed the issue. (if showswaps shows it working)

I'm not keen on PUP, but the description for Cannibal blade makes it seem suspect in this instance. Can you test Arcuballista with & without the mantle?
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-05-14 00:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm at work right now, but I'll attempt to root it out if no one else does when i get home. Can you please upload your specific file to Pastebin so I can work directly with it?
http://pastebin.com/CSquCFTe
same as mote's pup defualt.
Quote:

I'm not keen on PUP, but the description for Cannibal blade makes it seem suspect in this instance. Can you test Arcuballista with & without the mantle?
sorry I meant to say that i test it with and without extra TP bonus:
without = 750~ dmg
with = 1250~ dmg
as you can see very noticeable increase.

unfortinatly, even after fixing the issue of not swapping, still swapping has no effect on WS.
 Asura.Vafruvant
Server: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-14 01:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm at work right now, but I'll attempt to root it out if no one else does when i get home. Can you please upload your specific file to Pastebin so I can work directly with it?
http://pastebin.com/CSquCFTe
same as mote's pup defualt.
Quote:

sorry I meant to say that i test it with and without extra TP bonus:
without = 750~ dmg
with = 1250~ dmg
as you can see very noticeable increase.

unfortinatly, even after fixing the issue of not swapping, still swapping has no effect on WS.
I'll openly admit to not being too familiar with how PUP works, so I'll need a couple things to continue. Please turn on showswaps and take a screenshot of your puppet using a WS. I need to see when all the gear changes according to GS. I did clean up your file a bit, as there was some redundancy with the gear. I put in shorthand for all your Taeon, rather than duplicating all your augments every single time you put it on. Here's the file:

http://pastebin.com/suEqY1Ak

If it works, great, no screenshot needed. If something is broken, let me know what line your console says. If the WS is still coming in under-damage, I will need that screenshot.

I have a couple ideas in mind that might get it working if it doesn't yet, but I can't even trim it to test it on my PUP with the maint.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-05-15 22:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for cleaning up the file, my taeon gears are still work in progress, for CP mode the f11 bind didn't work so i made a console macro (actually I want these binds disabled f9-f12, cuz I want to use the main windower binds that show fps,change view distance adjusts gamma etc..), anyway here it is:

this is using the cleaned up file.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-15 23:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for cleaning up the file, my taeon gears are still work in progress, for CP mode the f11 bind didn't work so i made a console macro (actually I want these binds disabled f9-f12, cuz I want to use the main windower binds that show fps,change view distance adjusts gamma etc..), anyway here it is:this is using the cleaned up file.
Hmm, it's swapping in the correct places, I wonder what it is that's causing your problem. I'm honestly at a loss at this point. Cannibal Blade doesn't have any HP modifiers does it? Like, it does more damage it the puppet is at low HP?

As for disabling F9-F12, I'm not sure you can, directly. Mote's library files have a global_on_load function to change F9-F12 whenever one of his files is triggered. What you can do, however, is put this in your function user_setup, which will effectively just re-initialize the Windower init file:
Code
send_command('bind f## game_forceambientlight')
send_command('bind f## showfps 1')
send_command('bind f## drawdistance set ##')
send_command('bind f## game_gamma ##')
You'll have to set the f## to whatever key it defaults to, since I wrote over my init file a long time ago. The drawdistance and game_gamma the same way.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-15 23:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, everything you're testing is always the same mob type? According to BG, it will deal extra damage if the mob is weak to slashing, so make sure all your tests are on the same mob types.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-05-15 23:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for cleaning up the file, my taeon gears are still work in progress, for CP mode the f11 bind didn't work so i made a console macro (actually I want these binds disabled f9-f12, cuz I want to use the main windower binds that show fps,change view distance adjusts gamma etc..), anyway here it is:this is using the cleaned up file.
Hmm, it's swapping in the correct places, I wonder what it is that's causing your problem. I'm honestly at a loss at this point. Cannibal Blade doesn't have any HP modifiers does it? Like, it does more damage it the puppet is at low HP?

As for disabling F9-F12, I'm not sure you can, directly. Mote's library files have a global_on_load function to change F9-F12 whenever one of his files is triggered. What you can do, however, is put this in your function user_setup, which will effectively just re-initialize the Windower init file:
Code
send_command('bind f## game_forceambientlight')
send_command('bind f## showfps 1')
send_command('bind f## drawdistance set ##')
send_command('bind f## game_gamma ##')
You'll have to set the f## to whatever key it defaults to, since I wrote over my init file a long time ago. The drawdistance and game_gamma the same way.
Thank you for the codes, as for pet WS I don't think its a fault of gearswap then, since automaton WSs are instant and don't have a trigger or 1-2 delay like other pets =/.

there is one temporally solution i can think of tho, which is swap pet WS gear when pet reaches 1000 TP for like 2-3 secs (or maybe a certain range within 1000-1500TP etc) then swap back even if the pet didn't WS (to not lose DPS sitting on pet_WS gear for too long since automaton AI is stupid and don't WS immediately), is this possible?
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-16 05:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

there is one temporally solution i can think of tho, which is swap pet WS gear when pet reaches 1000 TP for like 2-3 secs (or maybe a certain range within 1000-1500TP etc) then swap back even if the pet didn't WS (to not lose DPS sitting on pet_WS gear for too long since automaton AI is stupid and don't WS immediately), is this possible?
I think that's possible, but you're going to lose a lot of DPS, and presumably some -DT, too, so that's not really advisable. I want you to try something, though. I have no idea if it will work, just winging it on this one, but put this function in after the end of job_pet_midcast:
So, basically, that section will look like this:
The idea, here, is to tell GS to not equip your gear for 1 second after the puppet does its thing, then to call an update, which will put on the correct gear. Like I said, I haven't the slightest if it will work, but it's worth a shot!
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2015-05-16 21:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that's possible, but you're going to lose a lot of DPS, and presumably some -DT, too, so that's not really advisable. I want you to try something, though. I have no idea if it will work, just winging it on this one, but put this function in after the end of job_pet_midcast:
So, basically, that section will look like this:
The idea, here, is to tell GS to not equip your gear for 1 second after the puppet does its thing, then to call an update, which will put on the correct gear. Like I said, I haven't the slightest if it will work, but it's worth a shot!

Nope, it didn't work :(, pet WS is instant and I think it's almost impossible to swap gear fast enough before it automatically triggers...
 Leviathan.Darthbane
Server: Leviathan
user: Primuris
By Leviathan.Darthbane 2015-05-17 22:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi i was wondering if someone would help me better understand how to convert my PLD XML over to the new system used since spellcast is no longer supported. I'm back to game from a long break and don't understand the new plugin. Please feel free to PM if someone has the time. Thanks again and if not no biggie just figured I would ask around.

I also have a very simple XML I'm trying to get to work.
 Cerberus.Decimation
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Decimation 2015-05-17 23:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I have been using GS for a few months now but am still pretty new. My problem is I just got Utsusemi: San today, now when I first tried to use the spell I noticed that none of my gear changes like it does with ichi or Ni. I used showswaps to make sure and still no gear changes (Precast/Mid/Aftercast). I asked ls mates they said its possible your GS is just outdated so I got one off a ls mate that had San rules etc and was more current then my previous lua. So I tried out my ls mates lua, everything works fine with it except once again no gear changes nothing when casting Utsu: San! Sooooo a ls mate said its probably your gs folder or something with Windower4. I deleted W4 and reinstalled W4 / GS files etc all that crap and fired up ffxi.....and it is still not working...anyone have an idea as to why? The ls mate I got the lua off of is having no issues with it he said, and so they told to post on here for an answer.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-18 00:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Decimation said: »
Ok so I have been using GS for a few months now but am still pretty new. My problem is I just got Utsusemi: San today, now when I first tried to use the spell I noticed that none of my gear changes like it does with ichi or Ni. I used showswaps to make sure and still no gear changes (Precast/Mid/Aftercast). I asked ls mates they said its possible your GS is just outdated so I got one off a ls mate that had San rules etc and was more current then my previous lua. So I tried out my ls mates lua, everything works fine with it except once again no gear changes nothing when casting Utsu: San! Sooooo a ls mate said its probably your gs folder or something with Windower4. I deleted W4 and reinstalled W4 / GS files etc all that crap and fired up ffxi.....and it is still not working...anyone have an idea as to why? The ls mate I got the lua off of is having no issues with it he said, and so they told to post on here for an answer.
If it's a file based off a Motenten file (Kinematics), you need to update the file Mote-Mappings in ../GearSwap/libs/. Currently, the line looks like this:
Code
['Utsusemi: Ichi']='Utsusemi',['Utsusemi: Ni']='Utsusemi',
It needs to be:
Code
['Utsusemi: Ichi']='Utsusemi',['Utsusemi: Ni']='Utsusemi',['Utsusemi: San']='Utsusemi',
That should solve your dilemma.
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-18 00:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Darthbane said: »
Hi i was wondering if someone would help me better understand how to convert my PLD XML over to the new system used since spellcast is no longer supported. I'm back to game from a long break and don't understand the new plugin. Please feel free to PM if someone has the time. Thanks again and if not no biggie just figured I would ask around.

I also have a very simple XML I'm trying to get to work.
I would suggest using a Kinematics file, located here: https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs

These were created by Motenten, an old player from Fenrir who was very active in the GearSwap community. He's not around anymore, but his files are still basically what you need to get started. There are a lot of notation lines (--Precast sets, --Midcast sets, etc) that will look a lot like old spots in Spellcast. "Aftercast" has been fused into "idle" now, so you have these three: precast, midcast,idle. Most of his files have everything you'll need on the job, since you said yours was a simple XML. If you need anything extra, consult the posts here, the GearSwap thread on BG, or feel free to ask!
 Cerberus.Decimation
By Cerberus.Decimation 2015-05-18 11:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I updated the mappings last night and tried that before I had posted on here.... Just dont get why I am having this issue still >.<; Any idea's now Vafruvant
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-18 18:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I updated the mappings last night and tried that before I had posted on here.... Just dont get why I am having this issue still >.<; Any idea's now Vafruvant
I would have to see the rest of the file to possibly figure it out. Can you post it to Pastebin and link it here? I'll check it out tonight when I get home.
 Asura.Desperado
user: Desp
By Asura.Desperado 2015-05-19 08:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Random Q: how can I use local binds?

Like in this BLM lua example:
send_command('bind @` gs c activate MagicBurst')

Which button on keyboard do I press to activate this?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-19 08:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Desperado said: »
Random Q: how can I use local binds?

Like in this BLM lua example:
send_command('bind @` gs c activate MagicBurst')

Which button on keyboard do I press to activate this?

The @ symbol is the "windows" key. The backtic, is to the left of the number 1 key.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-19 09:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The only two likely things it could be are windower resources and Mote's mappings. When I unlocked San, it was already in resources, and all I had to do was edit Mote-Mappings.lua

- Look in /Windower4/res/spells.lua with your editor and search for Utsusemi. Confirm that you see Ichi, Ni and San variations.

- When you edit Mote-Mappings.lua. Where did you edit this file? Some people download Mote's includes into their data folder.

Mote's includes live in the addons/gearswap/lib/ folder. Do you have them in both places? Either way, I would open the file and inspect the changes you made for accuracy. If you edited the version in lib, but still have a copy in your data folder, then you will have to delete the copy in data, as it will override the version in lib.
By Decimation420 2015-05-19 12:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://pastebin.com/DkY9zbRB This is my current nin.lua I am using.

http://pastebin.com/eZBdYmum This was the lua given to me by an ls mate to try when the problem first occurred.

http://pastebin.com/8QU1dVu8 This is my W4/Res/Spells.lua Orestes

http://pastebin.com/RAvQ3q0q This is my current Motes Mappings lua file.

The only thing in my W4/Addons/Gearswap/Data folder is my folder named Decimation with all my job.lua's in it, and an instrustions.txt

All the motes.lua's are located in W4/Addons/Gearswap/Libs folder.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-19 12:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimation420 said: »
http://pastebin.com/DkY9zbRB This is my current nin.lua I am using.

http://pastebin.com/eZBdYmum This was the lua given to me by an ls mate to try when the problem first occurred.

http://pastebin.com/8QU1dVu8 This is my W4/Res/Spells.lua Orestes

http://pastebin.com/RAvQ3q0q This is my current Motes Mappings lua file.

The only thing in my W4/Addons/Gearswap/Data folder is my folder named Decimation with all my job.lua's in it, and an instrustions.txt

All the motes.lua's are located in W4/Addons/Gearswap/Libs folder.

Your issue is in Mote-Mappings.lua. There's a typo in the spelling of "Utsusemi", where you added San.
Quote:
['Utsusemi: Ichi']='Utsusemi',['Utsusemi: Ni']='Utsusemi',['Utsusemi: San']='Utsisemi',
 Cerberus.Decimation
By Cerberus.Decimation 2015-05-19 13:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright thanks, I fixed the typo and will try after work when I log on.
 Cerberus.Decimation
By Cerberus.Decimation 2015-05-19 23:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooo I fixed the typo, and the issue still is not fixed m(_ _)m
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-20 00:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Soooo I fixed the typo, and the issue still is not fixed m(_ _)m

I didn't look at your luas when I responded before. I just assumed you were using Mote's NIN.lua, but neither of the files you linked use Mote's includes.

Your lua doesn't check for utsusemi in midcast, which is when you should be wearing hattori kyahan for the extra shadow. Your friend's lua looks ok at a quick glance.
By Decimation420 2015-05-20 00:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok well a quick thanks for all your help so far, also i picked up your lua from the nin guide forms. I loaded and tried your lua, ichi/ni work san still does not >.<;
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-20 01:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Decimation420 said: »
Ok well a quick thanks for all your help so far, also i picked up your lua from the nin guide forms. I loaded and tried your lua, ichi/ni work san still does not >.<;
In your specific file, you have:
when it should say:
In three of your midcast sets, it calls on sets.Midcast.Haste and you don't have that set setup at all. If you make the change noted above, your own file should work, but there's a solid chance a lot of your other spells/functions don't work how you think they do, either.
By Decimation420 2015-05-20 01:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok very valid point Vafruvant, but Ive tried 3 luas now, the two I posted in my previous post, and I also tried Orestes lua tonight as well. Utsu ichi/ni work in all 3 luas, but San is still not changing any gear what so ever. I fixed the typo like Orestes pointed out...but still nothing.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-20 02:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall reading that gift spells are having an issue due to being listed as level 100 or 550 in the spells resource file (a quick check confirms this). Anyway, the result is that GearSwap thinks you're not high enough level to cast them so it disregards the actions for them. The problem isn't your luas, though. Someone with more knowledge of this stuff could perhaps create a working solution for the time being, I suppose.

edit: I should add that I don't have any gift spells on my jobs so I can't test it myself.
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-05-20 03:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I recall reading that gift spells are having an issue due to being listed as level 100 or 550 in the spells resource file (a quick check confirms this). Anyway, the result is that GearSwap thinks you're not high enough level to cast them so it disregards the actions for them. The problem isn't your luas, though. Someone with more knowledge of this stuff could perhaps create a working solution for the time being, I suppose.

edit: I should add that I don't have any gift spells on my jobs so I can't test it myself.
I'm fairly certain that isn't entirely the issue. It very well could just have something to do with using string.find instead of something like a self-made spell map, or Mote's spellMaps from his Mappings. I've seen plenty of instances of Reraise IV going off without a hitch using normal swaps using Mote-Include.lua and all subsequent files. All 3 of the NIN lua's listed here use string.find instead of something like utsusemi:contains(spell.english), so it's just a thought.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-05-20 05:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that is the issue (for the 550 JP spells). I handled the 100 JP spells by checking if the total number of JPs was greater than or equal to 100, but I wasn't sure how they would handle higher tiers or if there would be higher tiers, so I left it at that.

The problem is actually fixed on the GearSwap Lua side already, but it isn't fixed for the 550 JPs because Luacore hasn't been updated with the most recent job points (which are necessary to hit 550).

I think I added them to the code in our plugin repository, but Arcon needs to recompile and push it. Then they'll work.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 180 181 182