First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 181 182 183
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-30 13:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinuko said: »
I sort of miss SC scripts but gotta move to GS i guess since SC isnt supported. Anyway.. I found this mnk lua file which i used for my in progress mnk but i can't get the add_to_chat to work, maybe anyone here got an idea?

http://pastebin.com/6ZcDwYXH

Did you try windower.add_to_chat? That's how mine is set up, but not sure if that matters.

Edit: Nevermind, that shouldn't be an issue.
 Valefor.Caivian
Server: Valefor
user: Caivian
By Valefor.Caivian 2015-03-30 13:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Test the add_to_chat command with the eval addon. In the console type eval windower.add_to_chat(100, 'test')

If it still doesn't work, change the 100 to a different value. I know that 12 is the same as receiving a tell, as you can actually get the tell "ding" with any add_to_chat lines that use 12. It may be possible that a chat filter is blocking whatever 100 is.
 Quetzalcoatl.Caranthir
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Caranthir
By Quetzalcoatl.Caranthir 2015-03-30 20:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The following is my WHM precast and midcast section, and (among other things) the problem I'm having with the file is that when I cast any Raise or Reraise spell (including Arise) I'm wearing the Buffs set instead of Haste set at midcast. I would greatly appreciate help with this problem, and the clutter issue too, if possible. Thanks in advance!
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
Server: Bismarck
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2015-03-30 23:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://pastebin.com/LEUyfmfw
This is the whole thing. I dont know if that changes anything from previous post. Line 650 is giving me nil value msg.
 Sylph.Eladamir
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Eladamir 2015-03-31 00:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to transition from Spellcast to GearSwap and I'm using the beta examples as reference my Idle and Engage sets are working however WS and JA don't seem to be functioning, maybe somebody can point me in the right direction.

http://pastebin.com/SEyLf0Zw

Thanks so much!.
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-31 05:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Caranthir said: »
The following is my WHM precast and midcast section, and (among other things) the problem I'm having with the file is that when I cast any Raise or Reraise spell (including Arise) I'm wearing the Buffs set instead of Haste set at midcast. I would greatly appreciate help with this problem, and the clutter issue too, if possible. Thanks in advance!
The reason you can't equip Raise or Reraise is because you have the rules commented out.

I cleaned it up for you. It hasn't been thoroughly tested but I'm confident it works.
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-31 07:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Alkalinescissor said: »
http://pastebin.com/LEUyfmfw
This is the whole thing. I dont know if that changes anything from previous post. Line 650 is giving me nil value msg.
Although it's based on his logic for Elemental Gorgets/Belts, 'function is_sc_element_today()' is not a Kinematics component. It was cleverly reworked for the Gavialis Helm.

Copy this code and paste it down at the very bottom of your lua. That should fix it.
Code
function is_sc_element_today(spell)
    if spell.type ~= 'WeaponSkill' then
        return
    end

local weaponskill_elements = S{}:
        union(skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_a]):
        union(skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_b]):
        union(skillchain_elements[spell.skillchain_c])

if weaponskill_elements:contains(world.day_element) then
        return true
    else
        return false
    end
end
 Quetzalcoatl.Caranthir
user: Caranthir
By Quetzalcoatl.Caranthir 2015-03-31 09:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Quixacotl said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Caranthir said: »
The reason you can't equip Raise or Reraise is because you have the rules commented out.

I cleaned it up for you. It hasn't been thoroughly tested but I'm confident it works.

Thank you very much, Quixacotl! It works like a charm ^_^
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-31 15:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Eladamir said: »
I'm trying to transition from Spellcast to GearSwap and I'm using the beta examples as reference my Idle and Engage sets are working however WS and JA don't seem to be functioning, maybe somebody can point me in the right direction.

http://pastebin.com/SEyLf0Zw

Thanks so much!.
First, any spell checks are case-sensitive. "buffactive['sneak attack']" will always be false.

Overall your precast rules, as written, are backwards.
Line 114 is enclosed so any SATA rules after that line are passed-over anytime you WS.

I reworked it like this; start with a base WS-set and layer SATA sets if SATA/SA/TA are up. Code is untested.
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-31 17:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just reinstalled FFXI because of a hard drive failure (whole bunch of dumb issues still need resolving, etc) and Gearswap is erroring whenever I try to cast anything:

http://i.imgur.com/9MO2zGj.png

Any idea on the issue? Don't believe this is a problem with my script due to it referencing equip_processing.lua. I'm just trying to cast Cure. I've tried deleting Gearswap and having it redownload, still same issue.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-31 18:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Your libraries are out of date or possibly don't exist. That function is in windower/addons/libs/extdata.lua
Try downloading this, extracting it, and copying the libs folder over:
https://github.com/Windower/Lua/archive/dev.zip
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-31 18:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Your libraries are out of date or possibly don't exist. That function is in windower/addons/libs/extdata.lua
Try downloading this, extracting it, and copying the libs folder over:
https://github.com/Windower/Lua/archive/dev.zip

Thank you, that worked.

However, it has now introduced an error for Battlemod:

http://i.imgur.com/fVtVHBe.png
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-31 18:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea, try replacing the battlemod files with the one in that zip too.
 Ragnarok.Allslove
Server: Ragnarok
user: Allslove
By Ragnarok.Allslove 2015-04-02 16:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys. I just came back to the game today for fun and cupcakes. I noticed that the old Spellcast is dead and buried and won't even work if I try to load the old data.

I'm trying to figure out GearSwap, but I'm coming close to mass genocide as I try to figure out how it's supposed to work. I've tried following others' templates. Most of them are filled with gear I don't have (which I know I can just rewrite what I have), but there are so many seemingly redundant rules or rules so specific I don't know if I can comment them out or leave them alone.

Is there any kind of bare bones template that I can fill in and will just switch out my gear sets as I do stuff?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-04-02 16:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Mote has a Template.lua that you can rename and build as you like.
https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs

You'll need to fill in gear for sets.idle, sets.engaged, and sets.precast.WS.

I'd use his other files as reference for set naming convention for specific spells, families of magic, abilities, etc.
[+]
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-02 20:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Allslove said: »
Hey guys. I just came back to the game today for fun and cupcakes. I noticed that the old Spellcast is dead and buried and won't even work if I try to load the old data.

I'm trying to figure out GearSwap, but I'm coming close to mass genocide as I try to figure out how it's supposed to work. I've tried following others' templates. Most of them are filled with gear I don't have (which I know I can just rewrite what I have), but there are so many seemingly redundant rules or rules so specific I don't know if I can comment them out or leave them alone.

Is there any kind of bare bones template that I can fill in and will just switch out my gear sets as I do stuff?
The preloaded examples that came with GS is as barebones are you can get. They're in the \GearSwap\beta_examples_and_information folder. If you're just getting your feet wet with Gearswap then I suggest going this route.

Read over the OP to this thread (page 1). It has some very basic similarities and differences between Spellcast and Gearswap. You can also check out this tutorial.

Gearswap has a high learning curve if you're looking to add your own rules. If you have experience with Spellcast then you have a step up. For starters I suggest you copy an example and use notepad to fill-in your own gear. Once you get it working then try experimenting! Getting your own custom rules to work can be very rewarding.

As far as other examples, people gravitate to either Kinematics (you'll need his library files for them to work) or Bokura's. Each is relatively current and has its' own advantages and disadvantages. Kinematics is the most popular by far because it's designed for ease of user-customization and includes some nice extras, although it takes knowledge of his proprietary mechanics to take full advantage of its' customization.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Allslove
Server: Ragnarok
user: Allslove
By Ragnarok.Allslove 2015-04-03 10:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for the help. After sleeping on it and re-reading some stuff, I managed to write a very basic setup for my PUP and get it working.
By Lunareticc 2015-04-07 11:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, Since the shift changes of BP animations, I have a problem on BP (mainly Rage). When I run // gs showswaps, the following sequence of sets:
- pet_precast
- aftercast
- pet_midcast

So BP starts with the set aftercast, and I am on the set midcast upon completion BP?

Have you an idea of the problem?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-04-07 11:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

pet_precast doesn't exist
By Lunareticc 2015-04-07 11:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah sorry:
- precast
- aftercast
- pet_midcast
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-04-07 12:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been swapping to BP timer gear in the midcast, and then BP potency gear in pet_midcast. Confirmed to work well with the new BP timings.
[+]
 Asura.Snubber
user: snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-04-08 06:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to rotate after.cast sets based on a check which is executed on the monster when status becomes engaged?

Rather than using the self command function?
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-08 20:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's very possible to select aftercast sets based on a condition rather than a command. All you need to do is to look at any thf example to see how SATA is handled, or any pet job when pet is out. If you can turn any argument to true (if x = true then), then you can use that check to select a set in aftercast() or status_change().
 Asura.Snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-04-08 22:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mind elaborate more on such a condition?

I have been looking at the Byrth_THF.lua file in the given folder from Gearswap addon at the moment. Are the codes below from the lua file what you mean?

function buff_change(buff,gain_or_loss)
if buff=="Sneak Attack" then
soloSA = gain_or_loss
elseif buff=="Trick Attack" then
soloTA = gain_or_loss
end
end
 Asura.Snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-04-08 22:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Another question, are we allowed to determine the real number of a monster's stat? Instead of Easy prey or Tough? I realise that even with the same mobs in the same area would spawn with a slightly different stat or lvl but all within a set range.

Would gearswap command allow us to analyse that and change to the required acc gear or eva gear needed? Could this be a condition?
 Odin.Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-04-09 01:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Snubber said: »
Do you mind elaborate more on such a condition?

I have been looking at the Byrth_THF.lua file in the given folder from Gearswap addon at the moment. Are the codes below from the lua file what you mean?
Unfortunately Byrth's example doesn't have it so you can equip SATA gear when SATA is up. It only equips it when you WS. Not saying it's a bad example, it's a very good no-frills lua if you're starting out in GS and wish to learn the basics without being overwhelmed. It was Byrth's examples that got me started with GS.

Consider Bokura's THF. This is a good example of changing your basic engaged set when a condition changes. When SATA is up, you layer SATA gear over your engaged set and remain there until SATA is down or when you tag a mob. Code is edited to emphasize my point.
Code
function status_change(new,old)
	if new == 'Engaged' then
		equipSet = sets.TP
		if SA then
			equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.JA["Sneak Attack"])
		end
		if TA then
			equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,sets.JA["Trick Attack"])
		end
		equip(equipSet)
	end
end

Asura.Snubber said: »
Another question, are we allowed to determine the real number of a monster's stat? Instead of Easy prey or Tough? I realise that even with the same mobs in the same area would spawn with a slightly different stat or lvl but all within a set range.

Would gearswap command allow us to analyse that and change to the required acc gear or eva gear needed? Could this be a condition?
If any mob conned easy prey or tough then you have the capability within GS to switch from normal to acc modes accordingly.

I cannot say it's not possible for GS to determine any particular mob. But as many have said before, any such check could be subject to abuse. So with respect to the devs and our community I'd have to say no, I can't even hint about it.
 Asura.Snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-04-09 04:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

1. For your code "if SA then", I remember seeing some coding with "if buff.active == SA". Does the code need to be like that or just your "if SA then" is fine?

2. Thank you for answering my 2nd question. I have been reading different codes which most of them all uses self_command or cycle(). I just didn't like the idea one have to type something to get a rotation for different sets. I would have thought there is another method of doing it. I thought about condition could be determine the existing buffs (but not SATA like you said) or using the check monster command. I guess that's why no one except you is answering. For that I thank you again for letting me know.
 Asura.Snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-04-09 04:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

During one of my searching for codes, I came across an excel file (I think it's excel, I couldn't remember it correctly), which contains all the commands for gearswap. When I try to search for it again, I just couldn't find it anymore. Does anyone know how the web address I can download it from?

I just wanna take a look because sometimes from looking at codes, I don't quite understand what a command does and in that "excel file" it explains all the commands and what it does.

Tks!
 Asura.Snubber
By Asura.Snubber 2015-04-09 04:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Never mind about that "If SA then" code, I am reading Bokura's THF code now, I just realised what he did. ^.^
By Miang 2015-04-09 05:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The Excel spreadsheet you're talking about comes with gearswap, it's in windower/addons/GearSwap/beta_examples_and_information
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 181 182 183