Fixed! Thanks Martel!
 Asura.Celoria
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-27 04:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok..... Help...

Some reason I am not keeping the enhance duration gear on through the actual cast and it is gimping my duration.

By Lunareticc 2015-03-27 05:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

With the update of the cast of BP, gearswap not equip the pet midcast fast enough.
Anyone know how can we change this?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-27 05:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui just made a post that they're going to increase the time between activating a BP and it going off.

An immediate solution is to use GearSwap.
By Lunareticc 2015-03-27 05:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Byrth.
For even against gearswap does not change the equipment quickly. I stay in BP Delay - (precast) when I should switch to Boost BP DMG (midcast)
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-27 06:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You may want to look if there are any delay rules there then, my own gearswap swaps from Perpetuation to BP delay to BP set instantly.
Although it might still become problematic in a more laggy surrounding.

I'm at least happy that they are going to increase it again, personally I would have been quite content with Shock Squall's activation time for all Blood Pacts.
Instantly is just too risky.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-27 06:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using pet_midcast or just midcast? pet_midcast might be too late now, but if midcast does not work it would indicate SE flubbed the implementation in such a way that the BP is actually going off before the JA is activated.
By Lunareticc 2015-03-27 06:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth: I use structure found on Kinematics Gearswap. When i use //gs showswaps i see the diiferent set equip but my Damage on mob is too low for confirm the good set is equiped. I need to retest that after my work.

Shirai: You use Kinemtics structure? You damage is same before/after update?

Thanks you answer
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-27 07:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ClaudeusXI said: »
AM3 with Ionis set not working, and I don't know why... This Lua is reworked from Bokura's DRG.lua.
Your sets go

sets.TP.Ryunohige.AM3.Ionis

but your rules go

Ionis then AM3.

So it's trying to build a set called sets.TP.Ryunohige.Ionis.AM3 which doesn't exist.

Just move the Ionis rule below your AM3 rule and it should work. The Ionis rule being this, located on line 661.
Code
if buffactive.Ionis and equipSet["Ionis"] then
            equipSet = equipSet["Ionis"]
        end
By ClaudeusXI 2015-03-27 08:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Martel! Makes sense!
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2015-03-27 08:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lunareticc said: »
Shirai: You use Kinemtics structure? You damage is same before/after update?

Yes, I too use the Kinematics structure, although fairly modified.
Both damage as well as Ward buff times were working fine for me.
Keep in mind however that this was all from solo testing, I haven't done any group content yet so things like lag might indeed keep me back as well.
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-03-27 13:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Quixacotl said: »
GS is currently having issues reading the new gear augments. Hence, it won't equip. Fortunately there's a fall-back system but it requires some additional steps.

To get the correct augment table, equip it then do //gs export. Your export folder will contain the lua and aug stats that you need to add to GS.

You can equip like-items, but with different augments, at the proper time by using this in your lua (example).
Code
-- augmented gear
QaaxoFeet = {}
QaaxoFeet.R15A = {name="Qaaxo Leggings", augments={'Attack+15','Evasion+15','"Dbl.Atk."+2'}} -- table becomes a variable.
QaaxoFeet.R15B = {name="Qaaxo Leggings", augments={'Accuracy+15','STR+7','Phys. dmg. taken -3'}} -- table becomes a variable.

sets.engaged = {feet=QaaxoFeet.R15B} -- feet=variable. notice no ".
sets.precast.WS = {feet=QaaxoFeet.R15A} -- feet=variable. notice no ".

One of the problems with Mote's Cor example is that the default rollinfo color hardly stands out. In fact, it's nearly the same (to me) as battle spam. I changed the color number so that it stands out. The '158' represents the GS add_to_chat color but you can try other colors.
Code
if rollinfo then
    add_to_chat(158, spell.english..' provides a bonus to '..rollinfo.bonus..'.  Roll size: '..rollsize)
    add_to_chat(158, 'Lucky roll is '..tostring(rollinfo.lucky)..', Unlucky roll is '..tostring(rollinfo.unlucky)..'.')
end

It is not possible to have two or more colors in the same chatline. This won't work:
add_to_chat(158, 'This is ', 104, 'one line.')
or this:
add_to_chat(158, 'This is ');add_to_chat(104, 'one line.')

Could you also give an example on how to do the new skirmish gear? I'm still sorta new to GS, so I have 2 sets of helios 1 for drain/aspir 1 for nukes.
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-27 14:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ashiya said: »
Odin.Quixacotl said: »
GS is currently having issues reading the new gear augments. Hence, it won't equip. Fortunately there's a fall-back system but it requires some additional steps.

To get the correct augment table, equip it then do //gs export. Your export folder will contain the lua and aug stats that you need to add to GS.

You can equip like-items, but with different augments, at the proper time by using this in your lua (example).
Code
-- augmented gear
QaaxoFeet = {}
QaaxoFeet.R15A = {name="Qaaxo Leggings", augments={'Attack+15','Evasion+15','"Dbl.Atk."+2'}} -- table becomes a variable.
QaaxoFeet.R15B = {name="Qaaxo Leggings", augments={'Accuracy+15','STR+7','Phys. dmg. taken -3'}} -- table becomes a variable.

sets.engaged = {feet=QaaxoFeet.R15B} -- feet=variable. notice no ".
sets.precast.WS = {feet=QaaxoFeet.R15A} -- feet=variable. notice no ".

Could you also give an example on how to do the new skirmish gear? I'm still sorta new to GS, so I have 2 sets of helios 1 for drain/aspir 1 for nukes.

Equip the gear, then type //gs export into chat.

Check the "Export" folder and open the file with the date and time. Copy the code from that file and paste into your lua. Note that dual augments are in one set of apostrophes ('Mag. Acc.+17 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+17').
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-27 14:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know why Ghostfyre Cape isn't recognized in gearswap?

I went through and put it in every single gearset I have just to see if it loads it won't load in any set used //gs showswaps to see
 Asura.Celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-27 15:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it fixed thanks to Fiv
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-03-28 07:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Really new to gearswap and have a few questions. How do I apply the 8 ToM (Atar I etc.) to my precast sets? How do I swap to sets such as PDT or MDT? Lastly, what do I type in the game to look at a certain gear set w/o GS swapping it back to idle gear?
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
Server: Bismarck
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2015-03-28 09:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

just dusted off DRK and lua is not equipping gear when i ws...
http://pastebin.com/NntXF7Gy saying 590 is a nil value anyone can take a look for me?
 Asura.Rinuko
user: Rinuko
By Asura.Rinuko 2015-03-28 11:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I sort of miss SC scripts but gotta move to GS i guess since SC isnt supported. Anyway.. I found this mnk lua file which i used for my in progress mnk but i can't get the add_to_chat to work, maybe anyone here got an idea?

http://pastebin.com/6ZcDwYXH
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-03-28 23:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I never had this problem until today and I haven't touched this lua file in forever. Every time I switch into my enfeebling set, it gives me that "Unable to equip aureole" but showswaps clearly show it equipping, I am confused. Any way to fix this?

SS of it.

My enfeebling set is as follow
Code
    sets.midcast.Enfeebling = {
	    main="Twebuliij",
	    sub="Mephitis Grip",
	    range="Aureole",
	    head="Artsieq Hat",		
	    neck="Imbodla Necklace",		
	    ear1="Gwati Earring",
	    ear2="Enchntr. Earring +1",
	    body="Ischemia Chasu.",
	    hands="Lurid Mitts",
	    ring1="Perception Ring",
	    ring2="Sangoma Ring",
	    back="Ogapepo Cape",
	    waist="Ovate Rope",
	    legs="Mes'yohi Slacks",
	    feet="Artsieq Boots"}
    sets.midcast.EnfeeblingMND = set_combine(sets.midcast.Enfeebling, {
	    main="Twebuliij",
	    sub="Benthos Grip",
	    ammo="Oreiad's Tathlum",
	    ear1="Psystorm Earring",
	    ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
	    ring1="Levia. Ring +1",
	    ring2="Levia. Ring +1",		
	    back="Refraction Cape"})

And the rule for it:
Code
    if spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' then
            equip(sets.midcast.Enfeebling)	
        if enfMND:contains(spell.name) then
            equip(sets.midcast.EnfeeblingMND)			
		end		
	end	
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-03-29 00:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krystela said: »
I never had this problem until today and I haven't touched this lua file in forever. Every time I switch into my enfeebling set, it gives me that "Unable to equip aureole" but showswaps clearly show it equipping, I am confused. Any way to fix this?

SS of it.

My enfeebling set is as follow
Code
    sets.midcast.Enfeebling = {
	    main="Twebuliij",
	    sub="Mephitis Grip",
	    range="Aureole",
	    head="Artsieq Hat",		
	    neck="Imbodla Necklace",		
	    ear1="Gwati Earring",
	    ear2="Enchntr. Earring +1",
	    body="Ischemia Chasu.",
	    hands="Lurid Mitts",
	    ring1="Perception Ring",
	    ring2="Sangoma Ring",
	    back="Ogapepo Cape",
	    waist="Ovate Rope",
	    legs="Mes'yohi Slacks",
	    feet="Artsieq Boots"}
    sets.midcast.EnfeeblingMND = set_combine(sets.midcast.Enfeebling, {
	    main="Twebuliij",
	    sub="Benthos Grip",
	    ammo="Oreiad's Tathlum",
	    ear1="Psystorm Earring",
	    ear2="Lifestorm Earring",
	    ring1="Levia. Ring +1",
	    ring2="Levia. Ring +1",		
	    back="Refraction Cape"})

And the rule for it:
Code
    if spell.skill == 'Enfeebling Magic' then
            equip(sets.midcast.Enfeebling)	
        if enfMND:contains(spell.name) then
            equip(sets.midcast.EnfeeblingMND)			
		end		
	end	

Your file is stating that you can't have a ranged and an ammo at once, it isn't equipping Aeurole, your rules have you putting a ranged weapon on generic enfeebling, but then in the other set you dont have range = "empty" so it over rides the first one, but the error pops up due to your having an ammo in place.

Just add range = "empty" in the redefined set (the bottom one) and it'll fix, Gearswap working as intended there
 Sylph.Ashiya
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2015-03-29 10:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I followed Seranos' instructions on pulling augmented gear, now for some reason it's telling me I am having an error at line 106 "Expexted near '('"

and I don't see it? Maybe I'm blind?? >< Augmented gear is a pain in the arse.
Code
    --sets.midcast.Stun = set_combine(sets.midcast['Dark Magic'], {})

sets.midcast.Drain = set_combine(sets.midcast['Dark Magic'], {head="Helios Band",waist="Fucho-no-Obi",feet={ name="Helios Boots", augments={'"Drain" and "Aspir" potency +10',}})
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-03-29 10:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You need one more curly bracket before the ) on that bottom line.
By Fujilives 2015-03-29 11:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using gearswap and it's excellent, but for the first time I'm trying to dabble with fast-cast to see how much of a difference it can really make and if it's worth upgrading certain new pieces and/or spending a fortune on tweaking the set. For my testing I chose Blue mage since it had some nice long delay self-casts available for testing in town.

What I am experiencing is a very "slight" delay reduction when I have a fastcast set getting called via precast (like, maybe a piece or two's effect is kicking in somehow?), which is nice, but it didn't seem large enough to me to be right... So I started digging into things and disabled Midcast entirely to see if the recast delay improved *(ensuring I cast in all the fastcast items I equipped).

Sure enough, I saw a significant drop in recast - on longer spells it was a difference of over 10 seconds.

I enabled show_swaps to visualize whats happening to see if maybe I made a mistake somewhere, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this - is there a need to forcefully add a delay of some kind prior to allowing midcast to take place? Or perhaps since this is my first venture into pre-casting Fastcast via the gearswap system, is there a chance this is something that was broken in the most recent update and I just have unfortunate timing?

I made a screenshot to show what I mean (sorry, used MS Paint... so it's pretty shitty but hopefully explains it better than my text here).

Edit: Again, I'm new to making fastcast sets, so I've been doing some reading on the topic this morning. I am coming to understand that "recast" is only reduced via gear equipped while the cast is finished (aka midcast set via gearswap) - so perhaps everything is working as intended and it's just not practical to do fastcast or mavi gloves with respect to offensive spells, but rather only equip them for buff spells I've predefined in the gearswap LUA (and possibly healing spells as well, if the difference in stat change is minimal)?. Any insight to this would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Sylph.Aeo
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2015-03-29 15:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So confused... my Blue Mage nukes never want to put on obi/cape on the correct day of the week... but my light elemental cures want to put it on even when it isn't Lightsday. What am I missing?

This is my nukes:

This is my cures:

FIXED/EDIT:
I'm an idiot. Should be spell.element, not spell_element... This solved my issue with nukes. However, apparently according to GS Magic Fruit is a non-elemental spell? That's why it was activating my obi/cape with no weather-- because spell.element was None and world.weather_element was None. I worked around it by using:

if world.weather_element == 'Light' or world.day_element == 'Light' then
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-29 19:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Really new to gearswap and have a few questions. How do I apply the 8 ToM (Atar I etc.) to my precast sets?
Code
sets.precast = {main="Atar I"}

Shiva.Hiep said: »
How do I swap to sets such as PDT or MDT? Lastly, what do I type in the game to look at a certain gear set w/o GS swapping it back to idle gear?
You have to type out the setname in its' entirety like so (note that the command is case-sensitive): //gs equip sets.precast.WS['Chant du Cygne']. You can do this in your MH.

These questions are basic Gearswap 101. Here's the most comprehensive tutorial to date. I highly suggest you check it out. http://www.ffxiah.com/node/145

If you are this new to Gearswap then I suggest you copy an example, edit your own gear into the sets and leave the mechanics up to the author. GS has a high learning curve and it takes time before anyone can successfully create his/her own lua and rules.

If you already have a lua then post it so we can better help fix it.
 Odin.Quixacotl
Server: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2015-03-29 20:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Alkalinescissor said: »
just dusted off DRK and lua is not equipping gear when i ws...
http://pastebin.com/NntXF7Gy saying 590 is a nil value anyone can take a look for me?
Your using Kinematics rules with a non-Kinematics lua. There is no function user_setup() to define the 'state' variables. So every place you have a 'state', it will be a nil value. Thus you won't be able to load it properly (<- key word).

I know Kinematics doesn't have a Drk example but you can copy from his Sam example which is fairly similar. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/master/SAM.lua
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2015-03-29 20:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Your file is stating that you can't have a ranged and an ammo at once, it isn't equipping Aeurole, your rules have you putting a ranged weapon on generic enfeebling, but then in the other set you dont have range = "empty" so it over rides the first one, but the error pops up due to your having an ammo in place.

Just add range = "empty" in the redefined set (the bottom one) and it'll fix, Gearswap working as intended there
Oh wow, that was rather simple, I almost feel stupid for asking, Thanks!
 Valefor.Yankke
user: Yankke23
By Valefor.Yankke 2015-03-29 21:33:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 334145

if i want to add this hands when i have Rainstorm up and switch to relic gloves back when Rainstorm down how it should be?

if buffactive.Rainstorm then
equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{hands="Shigure Tekko +1"})

end
end
equip(equipSet)
end

function precast(spell,action)
if spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then
if player.status ~= 'Engaged' then -- Cancel WS If You Are Not Engaged. Can Delete It If You Don't Need It --
cancel_spell()
add_to_chat(123,'Unable To Use WeaponSkill: [Disengaged]')
return
else
equipSet = sets.WS
if equipSet[spell.english] then
equipSet = equipSet[spell.english]
end
if Attack == 'ON' then
equipSet = equipSet["ATT"]
end
if equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]] then
equipSet = equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]]
end
if spell.english == "Victory Smite" or spell.english == "Ascetic's Fury" then
if buffactive.Impetus then -- Equip Bhikku Cyclas When You Have Impetus On For Victory Smite or Ascetic's Fury --
equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{body="Bhikku Cyclas"})
elseif player.tp > 299 then -- Equip Vulcan's Pearl When You Have 300 TP --
equipSet = set_combine(equipSet,{ear1="Vulcan's Pearl"})
end
end
equip(equipSet)
end
 Valefor.Caivian
user: Caivian
By Valefor.Caivian 2015-03-29 22:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yankke said: »
What you have for that should only work with scholar's rainstorm buff I think. To do what you want, I think you could create a variable that is defined by an if statement within your job_setup() function, and then use that variable in your sets:
Code
function job_setup()
    if world.weather_element == 'Water' then
        my_gloves = "Shigure Tekko +1"
    else
        my_gloves = "Melee Gloves +2"
    end
end

and for each of your sets:
Code
sets.precast.WS["Ascetic's Fury"]  = set_combine(sets.precast.WS, {
        hands=my_gloves})

*I haven't tested this at all, but I think it should work. If it doesn't work within job_setup, then you could do this:
Code
 windower.register_event('weather change', function(...) 
    if world.weather_element == 'Water' then
        my_gloves = "Shigure Tekko +1"
    else
        my_gloves = "Melee Gloves +2"
    end
end)

As an aside, you have a check for > 299 tp which would be the old tp value. As that code stands now, you're never going to ws in moonshade earring unless you switch your 299 to 2990.
First Page 2 3 ... 58 59 60 ... 181 182 183