Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 181 182 183
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-11-17 14:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just downloaded the AutoRA addon to take a look at the event this is occurring at, but I do not see that bit of code, only checking if less than 1000. Did you add a section within the same function to WS if you're above 1000?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-17 15:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
I just downloaded the AutoRA addon to take a look at the event this is occurring at, but I do not see that bit of code, only checking if less than 1000. Did you add a section within the same function to WS if you're above 1000?

Nope.

Sorry typed rather tha copied, I want it to stop tping if I go above 1k tp with with flurry + coursers roll this does not worked, had it checked and confirmed by 3 other rngs in ls.
 Cerberus.Rabies
user: Rabies666
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-11-18 23:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just started using Gearswap, and I am overwhelmed to say the least. I have obtained a .lua and replaced my gear into the slots but for some reason I don't think it's working. When I weaponskill I try to open menu real quick to see if I can see the armor change but it doesn't occur. I can unequip everything and go to engage a monster and it will set my TP gear. Do I need autoexec or something rather than just Notepad++ and GS with a .lua?
By gdiShun 2014-11-18 23:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

'gs showswaps' in the Windower console to see if it's working.
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-11-18 23:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
'gs showswaps' in the Windower console to see if it's working.

Thanks, It seems to be working. I tried to google "GS commands" but I couldn't find any lists like I could with SC. Is there a list you know of?
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-11-18 23:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I also have a question about this code:

-- Precast Sets
-- Precast sets to enhance JAs
sets.precast.JA.Meditate = {head="Myochin Kabuto",hands="Sakonji Kote"}
sets.precast.JA['Warding Circle'] = {head="Myochin Kabuto"}
sets.precast.JA['Blade Bash'] = {hands="Sakonji Kote"}

I understand what this is saying, and it really isn't a problem just more annoying, When im running around and use Meditate it'll switch to the proper Head+Gloves, but unlike SC it won't switch back to "Idle" set, any way to make it do so?

Maybe if I added
sets.aftercast.JA.Meditate = etc. (with idle head+hands)

Would this work?
 Sylph.Googlebonker
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Googlebonker 2014-11-19 20:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! :D I'm new to GearSwap, so excuse me if this question or similar questions has/have been asked 50,000 times.

How do I make GearSwap make an exception?

I'm wanting to use a Devotion macro, but the program is working properly - EVERY time I use Cure V, it goes through the proper equipment sequence, but that means I can't use all of that HP-adding equipment to enhance my Devotion. The only thing I know to do is to unload GearSwap, use my macro, then reload GearSwap. lol
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-11-19 20:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rabies said: »
Thanks, It seems to be working. I tried to google "GS commands" but I couldn't find any lists like I could with SC. Is there a list you know of?
Check the spreadsheet that gets installed with it, Commands section.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-11-19 20:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I also have a question about this code:

-- Precast Sets
-- Precast sets to enhance JAs
sets.precast.JA.Meditate = {head="Myochin Kabuto",hands="Sakonji Kote"}
sets.precast.JA['Warding Circle'] = {head="Myochin Kabuto"}
sets.precast.JA['Blade Bash'] = {hands="Sakonji Kote"}

I understand what this is saying, and it really isn't a problem just more annoying, When im running around and use Meditate it'll switch to the proper Head+Gloves, but unlike SC it won't switch back to "Idle" set, any way to make it do so?

Maybe if I added
sets.aftercast.JA.Meditate = etc. (with idle head+hands)

Would this work?
Do you have your idle set defined? A skillchain will revert to a TP set after it's used, but if you're not engaged, it will usually look for an idle set. If you have no idle set, then obviously nothing's going to get reset after use.

Can't give a better answer without seeing your lua file.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-11-19 20:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Googlebonker said: »
Hello! :D I'm new to GearSwap, so excuse me if this question or similar questions has/have been asked 50,000 times.

How do I make GearSwap make an exception?

I'm wanting to use a Devotion macro, but the program is working properly - EVERY time I use Cure V, it goes through the proper equipment sequence, but that means I can't use all of that HP-adding equipment to enhance my Devotion. The only thing I know to do is to unload GearSwap, use my macro, then reload GearSwap. lol
Your question doesn't make sense. Devotion is a JA, not a cure. How is casting cure preventing you from swapping properly on the JA?

Edit: Oh wait. You're wanting to equip high HP gear for the Devotion, cure yourself up (which will normally swap said gear out), and then use Devotion?

I'd do this. In the in-game macro, have:
Code
/console gs c equip <your high-HP/Devotion set>
/console gs c disable all

Then cure yourself (either in that macro or separately), then use devotion, then have a macro that re-enables gear (/console gs c enable all).
 Sylph.Googlebonker
By Sylph.Googlebonker 2014-11-19 20:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet! :O Thank you! That fixed it. n_n The commands were actually:

/console gs disable all
/console gs enable all

My Devotion macros work now! :D ty!
 Asura.Krystela
Server: Asura
By Asura.Krystela 2014-11-20 07:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello ._.

So after 4 days of trials and fails, I though maybe I should ask here before I go nuts.

I am trying to make a cycle that is bind on f9 for cures.
I want to be able to circle through 3 sets, normal, enm and conserve mp.

I seem to not even by able to bind f9 to my "cure mode" so far I have done this:

I start with this set up
Code
function job_setup()
    state.CureMode = M{['description']= 'Cure Mode', 'Normal', 'Enmity', 'ConserveMP'}
end

Then I put this in user set up
Code
function user_setup()
     send_command('bind f9 gs c cycle CureMode')
end
<-- press f9 and nothing happens

Then in job state
Code
function job_state_change(spellMap, stateField, newValue, oldValue)
    if string.find(spell.english, 'Cure') then
	    if state.CureMode.value == 'Enmity' then
		    equip(sets.midcast_Cure.Enmity)
		end
        if state.CureMode.value == 'ConserveMP' then
            equip(sets.midcast_Cure.ConserveMP)
        else
            equip(sets.midcast_Cure)
        end
    end
end	

I have looked and re-looked on google and cant find any solution anywhere.

Heeeeeeelllppp

*From a very desperate Whm ._.*
 Sylph.Avebian
user: Avebian
By Sylph.Avebian 2014-11-20 11:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Does gearswap not have support for level capped areas? I couldn't get it to work in 60 cap BCNM.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-11-20 16:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Avebian said: »
Does gearswap not have support for level capped areas? I couldn't get it to work in 60 cap BCNM.
Define what you mean by 'support'. You can check your job level and make corrections to what gear to wear based on that.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-11-20 16:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I do not know how it handles level sync, actually. It may fail to equip gear based on the level filter. Need to check when I get home.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-20 16:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »

Nope.

Sorry typed rather than copied, I want it to stop tping if I go above 1k tp with with flurry + coursers roll this does not worked, had it checked and confirmed by 3 other rngs in ls.

Anyone know how to fix this?

If it's something that can't be fixed, then it might be better to not bother using it if I can't guarantee to stop tping at 1k tp.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-11-20 16:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

@Krystela:

Test the F9 binding with something trivial, like:

send_command('bind f9 input /echo F9 bind')

That will test whether it's the bind that's failing, or something in the code to be executed that's failing. Most likely it's the code failing because of the state change function you used.

For your state change function:
Code
        end
        else
            equip(sets.midcast_Cure)
        end
    end
end 

This will never, under any circumstances, work.

First, you inserted a new parameters in the function parameter list. spellMap will not be passed in just because you added a parameter with that name there. Instead, spellMap will be assigned the value that would have gone to stateField, stateField will be assigned the value that would have gone to newValue, and newValue will be assigned the value that would have gone to oldValue. oldValue will be nil.

Second, you check for spell.english as your first condition. This will fail because the variable 'spell' does not exist in this context (it's not passed in as a parameter), and also because it will -never- exist in this context (there is no spell data possible when this function is called).

job_state_change is only ever called when you change the value of a state variable. Changing a state variable is completely separate from actually casting a spell. You will never cast a spell just because you changed a state variable.

The way to fix this depends on what you actually intend for this to do. I can't imagine you want the F9 bind to actually cast a spell, though, since you can't specify which spell to cast, nor whom to cast on. Thus I'll presume that you just want to be able to specify which gear to use when casting cures based on the configuration of the CureMode state variable.

As such, I'd remove your entire job_state_change function. Allow the default handler to function as it should.

After that, modify post_midcast so that you can modify the gear set to be equipped for cures.
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spellMap == 'Cure' then
        if state.CureMode.value ~= 'Normal' then
            equip(sets.midcast.Cure[state.CureMode.value])
        end
    end
end

Also, assuming you're using a lua based on my libraries, sets.midcast_Cure is bad naming form. It should be sets.midcast.Cure, or the default handling won't be able to find the correct set.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2014-11-20 23:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
@Krystela:

Test the F9 binding with something trivial, like:

send_command('bind f9 input /echo F9 bind')

That will test whether it's the bind that's failing, or something in the code to be executed that's failing. Most likely it's the code failing because of the state change function you used.

For your state change function:
Code
        end
        else
            equip(sets.midcast_Cure)
        end
    end
end 

This will never, under any circumstances, work.

First, you inserted a new parameters in the function parameter list. spellMap will not be passed in just because you added a parameter with that name there. Instead, spellMap will be assigned the value that would have gone to stateField, stateField will be assigned the value that would have gone to newValue, and newValue will be assigned the value that would have gone to oldValue. oldValue will be nil.

Second, you check for spell.english as your first condition. This will fail because the variable 'spell' does not exist in this context (it's not passed in as a parameter), and also because it will -never- exist in this context (there is no spell data possible when this function is called).

job_state_change is only ever called when you change the value of a state variable. Changing a state variable is completely separate from actually casting a spell. You will never cast a spell just because you changed a state variable.

The way to fix this depends on what you actually intend for this to do. I can't imagine you want the F9 bind to actually cast a spell, though, since you can't specify which spell to cast, nor whom to cast on. Thus I'll presume that you just want to be able to specify which gear to use when casting cures based on the configuration of the CureMode state variable.

As such, I'd remove your entire job_state_change function. Allow the default handler to function as it should.

After that, modify post_midcast so that you can modify the gear set to be equipped for cures.
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spellMap == 'Cure' then
        if state.CureMode.value ~= 'Normal' then
            equip(sets.midcast.Cure[state.CureMode.value])
        end
    end
end

Also, assuming you're using a lua based on my libraries, sets.midcast_Cure is bad naming form. It should be sets.midcast.Cure, or the default handling won't be able to find the correct set.
I tried midcast.cure and it would always give me a nil midcast error :( midcast_Cure seems to be the only form working for me.

Trying to make my own file because I was rather unsatisfied with other premade files :(

Thank you
 Sylph.Avebian
user: Avebian
By Sylph.Avebian 2014-11-21 01:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Define what you mean by 'support'. You can check your job level and make corrections to what gear to wear based on that.

I mean that it doesn't seem to support gears changes while under level cap
 Lakshmi.Raerie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rae
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2014-11-21 16:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this is just me, but GearSwap has stopped working for me entirely. It was working fine a few days ago while I was on WHM and when I switched back yesterday, it wouldn't work at all. I haven't adjusted my lua file and I did not turn it off in Windower.

If need be, I'll post my file but like I said, it just suddenly stopped working.
 Fenrir.Bricent
By Fenrir.Bricent 2014-11-21 22:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure this has been answered before what code do I use to set a specific idle set for Adoulin?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-11-22 00:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That code looks like it should work, although it has a few redundant parts. You don't need to check if "Copy Image" or "Copy Image (2)" are up, the cancel addon itself does that, so you can just cancel those always, i.e.:
Code
function user_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spellMap == 'Utsusemi' then
        if buffactive['Copy Image (3)'] or buffactive['Copy Image (4+)'] then
            cancel_spell()
            add_to_chat(123, '**!! '..spell.english..' Canceled: [3+ IMAGES] !!**')
            eventArgs.handled = true
        end

send_command('cancel Copy Image|Copy Image (2)')
    end
end

I don't know why this would cancel 3 or more shadows as well, just a minor code hint for this.

Are you sure you're not canceling shadows somewhere else too, and there you messed it up somehow? Or maybe Mote's libraries do that by default? I'm unfamiliar with those (and GS in general), but this Lua code, as it is here, should not cause 3 or more shadows to be canceled.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Phidruran
Server: Bahamut
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2014-11-22 20:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the coding to include in my drk lua to use a different magic set for the absorb spells than the normal dark magic spells?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-11-23 00:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
midcast = function(spell)
    if spell.skill == 'Dark Magic' then
        equip(sets.DarkMagic)
        if spell.english:startswith('Absorb') then
            equip(sets.Absorb)
        end
    end
end

This equips the regular Dark Magic set and if it's an absorb spell it equips absorb-specific items on top of that.
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-11-23 01:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still new to GS, and have been playing around with it. I have gotten many jobs setup but I am having a problem with SCH.lua when casting Impact. If someone could eyeball it I would appreciate it greatly. The problem is when I go to cast it puts on Vanir body instead of Twilight Cloak causing it to not finish casting.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-11-23 03:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Impact is Elemental Magic (dark damage), so the elemental rule applies first. Either move the Impact check inside the Elemental Magic check, or before it (I'd recommend inside, because other Elemental Magic rules still apply, except for requiring the Twilight Cloak).

First I'd adjust your sets, sets.precast.Impact should only have the items that differ from sets.precast['Elemental Magic'], same for midcast. Then I'd adjust the Elemental Magic rule like this:
Code
    elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' or spell.name == 'Kaustra' then
        if spell.english:endswith('helix') or spell.name == 'Kaustra' then
            equip(sets.midcast.Helix)
            if sets.ele[spell.element] then
                equip(sets.ele[spell.element])
            end
            if spell.element == world.weather_element then
                equip(sets.weather)
            end
            if spell.element == world.day_element then
                equip(sets.day)
            end
        else
            equip(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'])
            if sets.ele[spell.element] then
                equip(sets.ele[spell.element])
            end
            if spell.english == 'Impact' then
                equip(sets.midcast.Impact)
            end
            weathercheck(spell.element)
        end
        if buffactive.ebullience then
            equip(sets.enh.Ebullience)
        end
        if buffactive.klimform then
            equip(sets.enh.Klimaform)
        end

And just another observation, you don't need to manually equip({head = empty, body = 'Twilight Cloak'}), since you already have the sets for Impact defined. You also need to check if a buff is up before canceling it (if buffactive.invisible then windower.send_command('cancel invisible') end), the cancel addon itself will perform the check and just not send a packet if the buff isn't up.
 Cerberus.Rabies
By Cerberus.Rabies 2014-11-23 03:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
First I'd adjust your sets, sets.precast.Impact should only have the items that differ from sets.precast['Elemental Magic'], same for midcast.

Yes, These sets were not in the original .lua but I made them when I couldn't get Impact to work.

Quote:
And just another observation, you don't need to manually equip({head = empty, body = 'Twilight Cloak'}), since you already have the sets for Impact defined.

Yes I see, These were just here before I made the actual sets in hopes of fixing the problem.

Quote:
Then I'd adjust the Elemental Magic rule like this:

Works great, Thanks a lot! Still trying to figure all the rules out ^^

Quote:
You also need to check if a buff is up before canceling it (if buffactive.invisible then windower.send_command('cancel invisible') end), the cancel addon itself will perform the check and just not send a packet if the buff isn't up.

I don't understand this, what exactly does this do? If I make a "If buffactive.elementalseal etc etc" then it will cancel my ElementalSeal or what?
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2014-11-23 03:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand this, what exactly does this do? If I make a "If buffactive.elementalseal etc etc" then it will cancel my ElementalSeal or what?
yes, it sends a comand to check if a buff is still active and cancels it before the refreshed buff finish casting.

People used to do that alot with stoneskin or sneak/invisible. Avoid casting the spell and get a "no effect" message.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 181 182 183