users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Gearswap Support Thread
Gearswap Support Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 181 182 183
By kithaofcerb 2014-10-08 00:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
kithaofcerb said: »
So I have since got my entire DRK.Lua working, except for Accuracy tier changes responding and actually changing gear and getting Mekira to swap in when necessary.
Everything involving Accindex is unchanged from Bokura's Lua, only the sets have been changed to have my items in them. Is there something I'm missing?
You cut off your get_sets() function early. Move the end from line 77 to line 648.

You're my hero, thank you
By gdiShun 2014-10-08 00:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly is the difference between state.Buff['buff'] and buffactive['buff']?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Abrogative
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Abrogative 2014-10-08 09:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ooh reading through I learned about bag="inventory" etc. that is useful. I do use a sidecar file already for each job so I can keep updating the main file without losing my sets. I also keep the user functions in the sidecar. I know that variables are great for organizing, but at this time those pieces are used on one job for one set so I didn't see a reason for it as of now. I guess my question was less about organizing my files and more about verifying that the augments are being picked up. I just thought about it and maybe solved it myself. I'm going to try setting my mab and macc sets on idle temporarily tonight so I can actually visibly see if it's equipping the correct pieces every time. Thanks though very much!
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2014-10-08 10:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If i wanted my gear to change when AM3 is up how would I go about doing so? And then change back to tp gear when AM3 is down?
By Xxpoure 2014-10-10 12:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i have a basic gearswap as im very new and very noobish to it ... my question is ... how can i get my gearswap to use pianissimo when im targeted on another player ... ?? as in what commands to i put in gearswap and where ... any help would be greatful
 Asura.Lewyo
Server: Asura
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2014-10-11 06:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading that the way aruguments on equipment are written in to lua has changed but i cannot seem to find the post that tells me how to update my lua.

Anyone know how it has changed form what it was written in the gearswap folder Advanced sets tables guide?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 19:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxpoure said: »
ok i have a basic gearswap as im very new and very noobish to it ... my question is ... how can i get my gearswap to use pianissimo when im targeted on another player ... ?? as in what commands to i put in gearswap and where ... any help would be greatful
Code
function pretarget(spell)
    if spell.type == 'BardSong' and spell.target.type and spell.target.type == 'PLAYER' and not buffactive.pianissimo and not spell.target.charmed and not pianissimo_cycle then
        cancel_spell()
        pianissimo_cycle = true
        send_command('input /ja "Pianissimo" <me>;wait 1.5;input /ma "'..spell.name..'" '..spell.target.name..';')
        return
    end
    if spell.name ~= 'Pianissimo' then
        pianissimo_cycle = false
    end
end

Probably better off to do it as /mages ballad 3 name, for targetting someone you will encounter issues if you don't untarget someone IE you alt tabbed dual boxing or something.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-11 19:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mckeag said: »
If i wanted my gear to change when AM3 is up how would I go about doing so? And then change back to tp gear when AM3 is down?

Code
		if buffactive["Aftermath: Lv.3"] and equipSet["AM3"] then
			equipSet = equipSet["AM3"]

in the if engaged part.

sets.TP.Kogarasumaru.AM3.Ionis = {gear}

~

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2014-10-16 19:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been working on getting Mote's BLU file to work (I just came back and discovered Spellcast is dead) and I'm unable to get the set to switch sets accordingly. IE; I'll WS and then stay TPing in my WS gear; same with casting.

Looking through the commands, I thought F12 would be the "state reset" button I was looking for, but it doesn't seem to do anything but spit out what I have the toggles set to. What'd be the best way to go about fixing this? If it even needs fixing, I'm prolly just missing something.

The lua in question.
 Sylph.Avebian
Server: Sylph
user: Avebian
By Sylph.Avebian 2014-10-17 11:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Question, how do you remove a piece of gear, not change it with something else just empty the slot?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-10-17 14:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
equip({body=empty})
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-18 01:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In mote's BRD lua, there's some options that extend timer durations depending on your gear. How would you go about adding something similar to the GEO one for an augmented Lifestream Cape?
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-10-18 17:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to bump - posted this kinda late last night and realized that no one probably even saw it.
By Santi 2014-10-18 18:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, posted this in BG but haven't heard anything yet. Maybe I'll get lucky here!

Finally got Nagi so I've been trying to get the Aftermath sets working again. I've been trying to figure it out all night.

Motenten's monk example didn't really work for me since I'm using his NIN lua with customgroups for haste buffs. But I tried doing it this way and it seems to append 'AM' after the haste buffs, but it doesnt equip automatically. I have to ALT F12 for GS to notice the AM, and when the buff wears, ALT F12 again.

Here is my buff change function:
Code
function job_buff_change(buff, gain)
	-- If we gain or lose any haste buffs, adjust which gear set we target.
	if S{'haste','march','geo-haste','indi-haste','embrava','haste samba','aftermath'}:contains(buff:lower()) then
		determine_haste_group()
		handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
	elseif state.Buff[buff] ~= nil then
		state.Buff[buff] = gain
		handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
	end
end	

And my determine haste group function:
Code
function determine_haste_group()

classes.CustomMeleeGroups:clear()

if buffactive.embrava and (buffactive.march == 2 or (buffactive.march and buffactive[33])) then
		classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('MaxHaste')
	elseif buffactive.march == 2 and buffactive[33] then
	elseif buffactive.march and buffactive[580] then
	elseif buffactive[33] and buffactive[580] then
	elseif buffactive.embrava and (buffactive[33] or buffactive.march) then
		classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('EmbravaHaste')
	elseif buffactive.march == 1 and buffactive[33] and buffactive['haste samba'] then
		classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('HighHaste')
	elseif buffactive.march == 2 then
	elseif buffactive[580] then
	elseif buffactive[33] then
		classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('LowHaste')
	end

if buffactive['Aftermath: Lv.3'] then
		classes.CustomMeleeGroups:append('AM')
	end

end

I call determine_haste_group() in my job_setup() and in job_update()
By gdiShun 2014-10-18 18:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
 if S{'haste','march','geo-haste','indi-haste','embrava','haste samba','aftermath'}:contains(buff:lower()) then

I think you need to change 'aftermath' to 'aftermath: lv.3'
By Santi 2014-10-18 19:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I solved it.

Instead of having Aftermath as a custom melee group that appended whenever it was active, I made it a CombatForm.
By fractalvoid 2014-10-22 23:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My COR lua isn't swapping to the appropriate accuracy engaged set after I use a JA or WS while engaged. Kinda ghetto-rigged it to swap automatically into high acc set after any JA, since anything I'm using COR on nowadays requires high acc set anyway, but I'd like for it to automatically detect which acc set I'm using. I also haven't thoroughly tested this function.

Also it won't switch to a non-Animikii Bullet after I try to WS with Animikii equipped.

Here's the lua in it's entirety:

and here's the bit I added today to temporarily circumvent the problem:
Code
function aftercast(spell,action)
	if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' and AutoMode == 'ON' then
		autoRA()
	elseif not spell.interrupted then
		if spell.type == "JobAbility" then
			send_command('wait 0.2;gs equip sets.Melee'.MidACC)
			if equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]] then
			equipSet = equipSet[AccArray[AccIndex]]
		end

Thanks for the help in advance.
 Bismarck.Inference
Server: Bismarck
user: Inference
By Bismarck.Inference 2014-10-23 00:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Given that none of your conditionals in aftercast are equipping specific gearsets, removing the "Else" on line 427 before status_change should handle it. Due to all the If/Elseifs you have before it, its never getting triggered(namely due to the first ElseIf which checks if a spell was not interrupted, meaning status_change has no chance of even getting hit unless you were interrupted).

As for the bullet, it doesn't look like its even trying to switch it out, just a preliminary rule to cancel so you don't waste it. My quickfix to this would just be to throw your standard bullet in your TP sets/some aftercast sets so you're not just idling on your QD bullets, though there are a handful of more elegant ways to go about it.
By fractalvoid 2014-10-23 08:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, did not think it would be as simple as removing that else lol. That also fixes the bullet problem since I have normal bullets in my engaged set. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 19:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know how to cancel a spell if you are already casting in gearswap?

I know how to stop you doing anything if you try to use a ja that is on a cooldown etc but thats for recast I mean purely If X is casting then Cancel spell, but I can't seem to find the right language for it.

Any help appreciated.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-23 19:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

I know how to stop you doing anything if you try to use a ja that is on a cooldown etc but thats for recast I mean purely If X is casting then Cancel spell, but I can't seem to find the right language for it.

Any help appreciated.
Do you mean, wanting to cancel an applied buff, so a new one it applied? Like cancelling remaining Ni shadows while Ichi is midcast?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-23 20:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Any help appreciated.
Do you mean, wanting to cancel an applied buff, so a new one it applied? Like cancelling remaining Ni shadows while Ichi is midcast?

If I am casting Already and say I hit another macro rq to cast another spell and I'm not done casting I'd rather not swap from Cure gear to Barspell midway through.

Happens alot when Dual boxing or I get Addled on BRD etc and I have a Macro that has specific Wait timers etc etc
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-10-23 20:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically, midaction() will return true when you're, well, mid-action, but last time I played around with it, it wasn't quite right (think cancel_spell() was still equipping aftercast gear, and using midaction() was returning true from aftercast(), so it was a hassle to work around). You can try putting

if midaction() then cancel_spell() return end

in the first line of your precast and see if that works.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 181 182 183