First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 181 182 183
 Sylph.Aeo
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2014-06-19 08:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Inference said: »

Hey thanks a lot! I knew it would be dumb mistakes. Only able to play with it for a few minutes now before work but implemented the changes you advised and I'm already getting much much closer. I think the stratagems are even working correctly but I'll test it when I get home. Thanks for explaining why that Impact/Elemental part worked the way it does-- helps my understanding of GearSwap.
 Bismarck.Ranthozyk
Server: Bismarck
user: Ranthozyk
By Bismarck.Ranthozyk 2014-06-19 18:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Nevermind; restarted my client and it seemed to have fixed it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jykia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: jykia
By Quetzalcoatl.Jykia 2014-06-20 03:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

link = http://pastebin.com/ukaEYrWh

im fairly certain i either 1= don't have to code somewhere to go back to a melee set after curing, or 2= don't have the set to return to in the first place.
gs is still all sanskrit to me and the dnc one is a ton messyer than my whm one.
any help would be awesome with this or a total rewrite to something that works and is cleaner for a nubblette to figure out
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-06-23 19:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally got around to building a gearswap for brd and I had a question about an issue I ran in to.

I idle in Gjallarhorn, precast in Impatiens and then midcast in Gjallar. But this fails, I end up not swapping back to Gjallar in midcast. I know this was a big issue with SC and I had multiple problems on rdm due to it but as far as I know those issues are all gone with GS. But perhaps there is something I need to do to make it work or maybe this is an issue with the ranged/ammo slots?

If I take off my instrument or change to an alternate to start with, it works. If I midcast a different instrument, such as daurdabla, it also works. And if I make no other changes other than taking Impatiens out, then my midcast fires properly.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-23 19:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure ammo=empty when you switch back to Gjallar.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-06-23 19:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Make sure ammo=empty when you switch back to Gjallar.

So in the midcast of my buff set, I need to have this line in there?

ammo="Empty",

Does anything else special need to be done? I tried that and so far no luck.

showswaps tells me that it isn't even trying to send the command to midcast Gjallar. I also tried putting range="Empty", on my precast set hoping maybe if GS knows it won't have Gjallar after precast that it will try to midcast it.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
Server: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2014-06-24 00:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ammo=empty, not ammo="Empty". empty is a special GS value that unequips items.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-06-24 00:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcon said: »
It's ammo=empty, not ammo="Empty". empty is a special GS value that unequips items.
Ah Thanks. I thought Mote was hurried and just didn't put all the quotes.

After making that correction, I did get that part to work. It does unequip Impatiens on midcast, however it does not equip Gjallar back, I'm just left with no ammo or ranged. But I'm out of time to test tonight, so I'll try a few things in the morning.

Thank you both for your help.
By Refia1 2014-06-24 02:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

motes, appreciate ur work, is there a way to add a rule to your SMN GS that equips af3+2 legs when avatar is at certain TP threshold? They should be better than ngen seraweels when at certain TP thresholds. Also what is the equipment command for your GS's to equip obi and twilight cape or other gear if the day doesn't match? Also lastly, when I do //fire2 with shortcuts it will make the avatar do fire2?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-06-24 23:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone else is attempting to utilize Impatiens for precast on brd songs, here's a bit more detail on what I had to put to have it work.
Code
sets.precast.BardSong = {
		range=empty,
		ammo="Impatiens",}

sets.midcast.WindBuff = {
		range="Gjallarhorn",
		ammo=empty,}

This is what I used when I first got it to work, but it turns out that the midcast wasn't necessary. I could take it out and it still worked but I figure it doesn't hurt.

Thanks you guys for helping on this.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-25 14:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Refia1 said: »
is there a way to add a rule to your SMN GS that equips af3+2 legs when avatar is at certain TP threshold?

You'll have to do that as a custom rule. It can't (or rather, won't) be done automatically.

In the post_pet_midcast() function, do your check for pet TP (pet.tp), and equip the override gear.
By Crevox 2014-06-26 07:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I switched over to Mote's SMN lua, and I had some personal issues with it. I managed to resolve them my own way, but I'm gonna put this out there to see if there's a better way of doing it or if it can be resolved in an update of sorts. I personally find them to be problems/inefficiencies.

First of all, an issue with precast (FC) gear. There is no easy way to make it switch back to idle gear during midcast it seems. If there is no applicable midcast set, or if the midcast set only replaces a couple pieces (Stoneskin), then the rest just stays as FC gear, which is very inefficient. As a SMN, when I have my avatar out and I cast something like, Haste, for example, I want to switch back to my perp gear for midcast so as not to lose MP during the midcast due to lack of perp. It basically makes Haste (or any other spell, especially long casts like Stoneskin) cost a lot more MP than they should, simply because it is doing midcast with FC gear instead of perp gear.

There are other losses as well, such as temporary loss of haste/accuracy on the avatar from gear, and potential of taking huge amounts of damage because your idle set isn't on (getting hit while in FC gear means you are not tanky, lacking tons of base stats; this is huge when summoning an avatar while getting hit). Ordinarily you could just combine the sets for spells (Elemental Magic) with the idle set for their midcast, but that's not possible for SMN due to having a different set for idle and idle with avatar (perp). It has to dynamically update the idle set based on different situations.

To resolve this, I simply added this to the end of Mote-Include.lua's get_midcast_set function. It seems like it was the only way I could think of to get this working the way I want it to, and to ensure that pre-cast BP delay was going off properly:

Code
if string.find(spell.type,'BloodPact') then
		return equipSet
else
		return set_combine(get_idle_set(), equipSet)
end

Secondly, BP Wards Aerial Armor and Earthen Ward do not benefit from summoning skill at all. However, they are coded to use the same set as all other buff wards; again, this is inefficient and makes you lose MP and tons of defensive stats (all base stats/def) for the duration of the BP midcast. Not only that, but there is seemingly no way to make the script equip "Enhances Stoneskin" gear during the cast of Earthen Ward, simply due to how its designed.

To resolve this, I added the following code to Mote-Include.lua. I think you might be able to just create a midcast set in the job lua file as well SPECIFICALLY for that ward, but I'm not too sure. I wouldn't want my exact "Stoneskin" set on my Earthen Ward either, because I have things like enhancing magic skill on that set (which does nothing for Earthen Ward). When I get some Blood Boon gear and stuff I will probably make custom sets for both skills due to zero need for summoning skill, but for now, this worked out for me:

Code
function get_pet_midcast_set(spell, spellMap)
	local equipSet = {}
        if (spell.name == 'Aerial Armor') then
	        return {}
        end

if (spell.name == 'Earthen Ward') then
	        equipSet = sets.midcast.EarthenWard
        end
	return equipSet

I hope this helps out. I just wanted to post my feedback on the great script, and help out anyone else having this issue.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-27 02:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said:
First of all, an issue with precast (FC) gear. There is no easy way to make it switch back to idle gear during midcast it seems. If there is no applicable midcast set, or if the midcast set only replaces a couple pieces (Stoneskin), then the rest just stays as FC gear, which is very inefficient. As a SMN, when I have my avatar out and I cast something like, Haste, for example, I want to switch back to my perp gear for midcast so as not to lose MP during the midcast due to lack of perp.

Add something like:
Code
function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
        equip(sets.idle)
    end
end

And it will provide a new base layer that other midcast equip will lay on top of. If no other midcast set is chosen, it will simply change to this set. Obviously adjust for avatar, etc idle choices.

Quote:
There are other losses as well, such as temporary loss of haste/accuracy on the avatar from gear, and potential of taking huge amounts of damage because your idle set isn't on (getting hit while in FC gear means you are not tanky, lacking tons of base stats; this is huge when summoning an avatar while getting hit).

Fast cast (precast) should be completely irrelevant. It's on for an inconsequential amount of time. Midcast can be handled as above. You can also change your casting mode. For example, have a PDT casting mode, and adjust your midcast sets accordingly (eg: sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'].PDT).

Quote:
To resolve this, I simply added this to the end of Mote-Include.lua's get_midcast_set function. It seems like it was the only way I could think of to get this working the way I want it to, and to ensure that pre-cast BP delay was going off properly:

Anything you want to force to happen at the end of a default event (eg: midcast) should go in the post_ version of the function -- in this case, job_post_midcast(). Gear is equipped in the following order: user_midcast (global function), job_midcast (job function), default midcast (default set selection), job_post_midcast (followup function). You can layer on overrides at each point that replaces what was selected in the prior functions, though I strongly recommend -against- modifying Mote-Include itself. There should be nothing that you need to do that requires modifying that file. If you want to prevent the default set selection from occurring at all, set eventArgs.handled = true in the initial job function. If you just want to override certain pieces, add them in the post_ function.

Quote:
Secondly, BP Wards Aerial Armor and Earthen Ward do not benefit from summoning skill at all. However, they are coded to use the same set as all other buff wards; again, this is inefficient and makes you lose MP and tons of defensive stats (all base stats/def) for the duration of the BP midcast. Not only that, but there is seemingly no way to make the script equip "Enhances Stoneskin" gear during the cast of Earthen Ward, simply due to how its designed.

Define a custom spell map in the job_get_spell_map function. The current default for that function:
Code
function job_get_spell_map(spell)
	if spell.type == 'BloodPactRage' then
		if magicalRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
			return 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
		else
			return 'PhysicalBloodPactRage'
		end
	elseif spell.type == 'BloodPactWard' and spell.target.type == 'MONSTER' then
		return 'DebuffBloodPactWard'
	end
end

Just add an extra conditional for BloodPactWards that you don't want to have using the default BloodPactWard gear sets. EG:
Code
function job_get_spell_map(spell)
	if spell.type == 'BloodPactRage' then
		if magicalRagePacts:contains(spell.english) then
			return 'MagicalBloodPactRage'
		else
			return 'PhysicalBloodPactRage'
		end
	elseif spell.type == 'BloodPactWard' and spell.target.type == 'MONSTER' then
		return 'DebuffBloodPactWard'
	elseif spell.english == 'Aerial Armor' or spell.english == 'Earthen Ward' then
		return 'SimpleBloodPactWard'
	end
end

And then create the set: sets.midcast.Pet.SimpleBloodPactWard

Quote:
To resolve this, I added the following code to Mote-Include.lua.

Once again, you should not be modifying Mote-Include to achieve these ends.
By Crevox 2014-06-27 03:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the response.

Quote:
And it will provide a new base layer that other midcast equip will lay on top of. If no other midcast set is chosen, it will simply change to this set. Obviously adjust for avatar, etc idle choices.

Which is why I used the get_idle_set() of the include file, to dynamically equip the proper idle set. The code is already there to do all this, thus, I used it.

Even if there is a midcast set chosen, I can't create entire sets for such things. If I want to cast Stoneskin, I'm going to replace my pants and my necklace; that's it. I would have to create an entire set to avoid still wearing the precast gear (thus, basically put my idle gear into the Stoneskin set) but I can't define that due to the idle set dynamically updating based on varying situations.

Quote:
Fast cast (precast) should be completely irrelevant. It's on for an inconsequential amount of time. Midcast can be handled as above. You can also change your casting mode. For example, have a PDT casting mode, and adjust your midcast sets accordingly (eg: sets.midcast['Enhancing Magic'].PDT).

It's on for an inconsequential amount of time only if you swap to something else during midcast, which by default, you don't, unless the set you are swapping to for midcast (provided there is one, many spells don't have one) covers every single equip slot; otherwise, precast gear stays on for the whole midcast. That time is not inconsequential, and getting hit by a mob while I'm trying to summon Garuda in fast-cast gear is quite painful, and also a waste of 1~2 ticks of MP (no refresh gear).

Like I said, ordinarily you could just combine the idle set with a generic (or all) midcast sets for midcast to go over the layer of the idle, but the idle set is dynamic based on many variables (which pet is out, whether or not the pet is engaged, etc) so you can't simply combine the sets. The method you provided above will work, but will probably require re-coding the entire determination of which idle set to equip, I think?

Quote:
Anything you want to force to happen at the end of a default event (eg: midcast) should go in the post_ version of the function -- in this case, job_post_midcast(). Gear is equipped in the following order: user_midcast (global function), job_midcast (job function), default midcast (default set selection), job_post_midcast (followup function). You can layer on overrides at each point that replaces what was selected in the prior functions, though I strongly recommend -against- modifying Mote-Include itself. There should be nothing that you need to do that requires modifying that file. If you want to prevent the default set selection from occurring at all, set eventArgs.handled = true in the initial job function. If you just want to override certain pieces, add them in the post_ function.

I felt that I had no choice but to modify the include file. It seems by far the simplest solution for this issue, requiring only a few lines of code.

Quote:
Just add an extra conditional for BloodPactWards that you don't want to have using the default BloodPactWard gear sets.

This will work to avoid having to modify the include file for Aerial Armor and Earthen Ward, thank you.

Besides this, I feel like this modifications were the simplest way to go about it, only taking a few lines of code. It may not be the cleanest way (modifying a library), but I personally feel like this is an oversight in the design, causing this to be necessary without having to do so much more. Precast is precast; once the precast is over, I no longer want to be wearing my precast gear, and there can be a million reasons why this is the case, more than what I already stated. For most jobs, it probably wouldn't be an issue (just set midcasts for everything), but SMN is too dynamic for this to be the case, requiring an ever-changing idle set.

For my ends, these changes will serve, though it is regrettable that I will likely have to re-apply my modifications on updates to the library. I feel like these are core issues with the design of the SMN job file (and thus a problem for anyone who uses it, whether or not they realize it's doing this) and how the equipment changes function, with no easy answer other than modifying the library.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-27 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said:
It's on for an inconsequential amount of time only if you swap to something else during midcast, which by default, you don't, unless the set you are swapping to for midcast (provided there is one, many spells don't have one) covers every single equip slot; otherwise, precast gear stays on for the whole midcast.

Which is the entire point of creating a base, default midcast set. Equip your base midcast set in job_midcast, and the selected spell set (such as two pieces for Stoneskin) gets layered on top of that.

The default behavior is to apply a global haste set for midcast spells (sets.midcast.FastRecast). You can override that at the job level or the global level (ie: create a new user_midcast function that will apply to all jobs).

Crevox said:
The method you provided above will work, but will probably require re-coding the entire determination of which idle set to equip, I think?

Nope. If you want to use the default idle set for the current conditions as your base layer, just call get_idle_set(). For example:
Code
function job_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Magic' then
        equip(get_idle_set())
    end
end

It will then layer any automatically selected gear sets on top of that. get_idle_set() doesn't equip gear, it just constructs a set; thus you're free to call it to get the current idle set, and use it whereever you like.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-06-27 19:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am using this lua from the SAM thread and I noticed that ear1 isn't switching. At all. Not for TP, WS, etc. but everything else is working great. It's a strange issue that I can't figure out. ear1 is not randomly disabled for some reason either(I enabled it just in case). Any ideas?

[I'm still in the process of editing it but all I've changed are the Indices and some gear]
By Crevox 2014-06-28 01:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Beside all that, here are a couple more issues:

* Occasionally, when using a blood pact (or maybe even a spell), regardless of it's from a macro or the spell list, it does not fire. There is no error message in chat, I just have to do it again (sometimes 2-3 more times). Reloading gearswap seems to resolve this, albeit for a while. This only started happening when I began using this script, even before editing anything but the items.

* Elemental Siphon and Mana Cede sets do not work. This can be fixed by adding them as midcast sets.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-28 02:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm. I've had that problem (macro not firing) as well. However I have a cranky mouse and keyboard, and had generally put it off as hardware problems.

If commands really are being lost somehow (and they'd have to be lost somewhere deeper in the code stack than my job files), would need to look into what's happening there.

Did you jump immediately to my files when starting to use GearSwap, or did you use other GearSwap code before? If you used other GearSwap code, did this problem occur there as well?

For Siphon and Mana Cede, I'll check on it when I have time. Would have given you some quick things to check, but the debugging code hasn't been pushed to live yet.
 Bahamut.Suppa
Server: Bahamut
user: Supa
By Bahamut.Suppa 2014-06-28 02:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »
* Occasionally, when using a blood pact (or maybe even a spell), regardless of it's from a macro or the spell list, it does not fire. There is no error message in chat, I just have to do it again (sometimes 2-3 more times). Reloading gearswap seems to resolve this, albeit for a while. This only started happening when I began using this script, even before editing anything but the items.

This has been happening to me occasionally, using Shock Squall.
I am still using spellcast so not sure if it is actually a gearswap issue
By Crevox 2014-06-28 02:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Did you jump immediately to my files when starting to use GearSwap, or did you use other GearSwap code before? If you used other GearSwap code, did this problem occur there as well?

I've been using a self modified version of Byrth's summoner file for a long time before this and never had this issue.
By Crevox 2014-06-30 02:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, more and more the script(s) seems to be breaking. Sometimes it will just stop swapping altogether (elemental magic), or swap to midcast and then immediately swap back to idle (blood pact), without waiting for the cast to even finish.

I was casting Aero II/Stone on some mobs and realized my damage was low, only to realize the gear wasn't even swapping, yet it was for Cure. I reloaded Gearswap and then it suddenly works again just fine, no tweaks to the script. This has happened multiple times now. This is if I can manage to even get the spells/abilities to go off, cause they just won't work sometimes, consecutively.

The fact that it randomly just stops working means I probably am gonna have to go back to my old script. Mote's script does some great things, but it's also turning into more trouble than it's worth having to deal with these things, especially when I'm fighting Ouryu and it decides to just block my ability to use skills or stop gear swapping (thus my damage goes to nothing). It's not even because of my edits either, because I removed all the edits from the include and performed the exact changes recommended.
 Ragnarok.Bloodkitten
user: Redx13
By Ragnarok.Bloodkitten 2014-06-30 10:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,
so im completely new to playing FFXI on pc and figured i would used GS for my blu. after about 4 hours of figuring out all the things about how to just get it to start. ; ; I finally get it to go, so I stated editing a premade blu lua with my own gear and now that ive done that i cant get it to run. can someone take a glance at the lua and tell me what ive done to mess it up? Thanks in advance

http://pastebin.com/zpnwHcxn
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-30 10:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bloodkitten said: »
Hello,
so im completely new to playing FFXI on pc and figured i would used GS for my blu. after about 4 hours of figuring out all the things about how to just get it to start. ; ; I finally get it to go, so I stated editing a premade blu lua with my own gear and now that ive done that i cant get it to run. can someone take a glance at the lua and tell me what ive done to mess it up? Thanks in advance

Download Notepad++ if you haven't already, look at line 152. head="Uk'Uxkaj cap"

The ' is closing the statement for some reason, hopefully someone better with lua can explain how to fix that (I thought it would read it exactly if it was between quotations), but if you write all your gear that has an apostrophe in it like this "Uk\'uxkaj cap" it will not close it like that.

EDIT: scratch that, you're missing a " after Rajas ring in the set before that. Line 148
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-06-30 11:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bloodkitten said: »
Hello,

You are missing a comma after Moonshade Earring, in sets.Idle.Standard on line 14.

Also, as noted by Jassik you are missing a double quotation after Rajas Ring on line 148, in sets.BlueMagic.STRMND

I recommend you run your code through the lua interpreter from now on. Think of it like spell-check for code. If it finds an error, it will stop and give you the line number. You'll need to fix it, and run it through the interpreter again, and again until all errors are fixed. (the interpreter will return nothing)

The problem is, you have to download and install the lua interpreter, and then run it though the command prompt on Windows. This might be overly technical for some people, so I recommend the following site, which has an online lua interperter.

Paste your code on the left pane, and hit the play button. (Just make sure you paste raw code in, without line numbers from pastebin or github)
http://repl.it/languages/Lua
 Ragnarok.Bloodkitten
user: Redx13
By Ragnarok.Bloodkitten 2014-06-30 11:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you guys, ive made the revisions and im gonna reboot FFxi after my stanley parble finishes installing, ill let you know if that fixed my problems.

it did thank you very much for the infomation and ill be sure to use the lua runner in the future
 Phoenix.Warusha
Server: Phoenix
user: Serithus
By Phoenix.Warusha 2014-07-03 09:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I realized that obi isn't equipping for area weather effects or sch storm weather effects.

http://pastebin.com/uh1Lbg5q

Also; unless I missed something in my absence from the game and zodiac ring now sucks, there's no rules for day spells in this file either.

How can I modify precast gear based on buffs active? E.g. Addle, dark arts casting cure, subtle sorcery, caster's roll, etc?

I promise to help people out with gearswap once I figure it out on my own >.< I used to get a lot of people asking for my old spellcast file. So many things have changed with 80 more inventory spaces and the functionality of gearswap though!
By fractalvoid 2014-07-03 13:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to note that a few days ago doing delve, I somehow shot my Animikii Bullet while having my gearswap active and all that. The cancel command had worked previously in the same run and even given me the appropriate msg in the chatlog, but later on I ended up shooting it.

http://pastebin.com/h89kJgLk
By Miang 2014-07-03 14:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't player.equipment == "Animikii Bullet" be player.equipment.ammo == "Animikii Bullet" on line 280?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 181 182 183