Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis Farming since "Incredibly Easy Prey"
Dynamis Farming since "Incredibly Easy Prey"
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-05 08:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If a mob doesn't proc within 2 minutes I am done son. It's proc, kill, and move proc, kill, and move. If your spending 5 minutes on one mob way to long in my book.

Now in cop zones I been dnc/00 + thf/dnc and never have I made so many coins on any other combo and the occasional white procs are love get a few each weekend of runs most was 3 in one run sweet....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-05-05 09:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
If a mob doesn't proc within 2 minutes I am done son.
you would take up to 2 minutes?

I give it 5-6 chances to proc, if it doesn't, I kill and move on.
By Zoltar 2014-05-05 09:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I spam steps and flourishes, then move on
 Sylph.Shipp
Server: Sylph
user: Shipp
By Sylph.Shipp 2014-05-05 09:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

When I say I spend 5 minutes on certain mobs, I'm not just wasting that time standing facing away like a doofus. I do go grab other mobs and proc and melee them while trying to proc the stubborn one. When I get three in a row that don't want to proc, I'll just start killing them from now on. It does feel I'm wasting time trying to proc those mobs that you literally spend twenty+ steps on without a proc, so maybe that's why I'm not maxxing coins. I do dyna often enough that I guess I can test it since it seems I'm doinitwrong. Lol
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-05-05 10:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. I was doing Dyna Qufim today, and saw groups of 2-3 people coming into already camped area of IEP mobs, instead of maxing out on the EP/DC mobs.

I was forced to move from my usual camps once they moved in on it, but I was still doing alright on the DC mobs as thf, getting between 3-5 coins a drop, with an average of 4 drops.

Also, I tend to farm solo.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-05-05 10:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue becomes re-spawn time really in my book holding mobs that take to long holds that spot from re popping. It really comes down to feel mobs really die way to fast for me on ep side so I stick to the dc camps and they die plenty fast as is. My goal is to clear the area and kill then again on re-spawn repeat until the window closes. It Becomes a function of mobs, proc, and killed during the window the more kills the more chances at drops even if it's just one coin.

The key is hit the numbers that make you feel like your doing work some jobs are just better at it then others and a THF main does make a huge difference in the number of full drops vs singles. Being sloppy and not seeing my thf mule training the zone and having to use my bst mule with falcor ugh lol.

Dnc/00 + thf/dnc is a bit slower killer but the white procs can turn a good run easily into a amazing run and a great run with no comp into a almost blow your load fest lol. When I got back to back white and then another at the end of the run talk about dancing around the room lol.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-05-05 12:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
DC mobs proc a lot faster than easy prey.

This is incorrect.

Sylph.Shipp said: »
I'm going to have to start doing DC mobs or something, because these numbers solo without a 100 piece seem dubious to me. Most I have ever gotten solo is 280ish on IEP mobs, and that's due to some mobs just refusing to proc for over five minutes.

I have gotten 450 on both DNC/THF and THF/DNC. That's all singles. My gear is pretty standard stuff. I don't recommend holding a mob for proc at all, unless there are no other mobs to pull. And with Adoulin gear easy prey just die too fast. You really have to go after DCs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-06 14:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Ugh. I was doing Dyna Qufim today, and saw groups of 2-3 people coming into already camped area of IEP mobs, instead of maxing out on the EP/DC mobs. I was forced to move from my usual camps once they moved in on it, but I was still doing alright on the DC mobs as thf, getting between 3-5 coins a drop, with an average of 4 drops. Also, I tend to farm solo.

Dynamis on Bismarck is beat. At least any time I can go. Always 4-6+ people in most zones or, if they're empty and you enter, someone else enters as well and just starts competing for mobs.

With a few exceptions, if I can't get a full area of DCs to myself, it's not worth my time.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-05-06 15:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

just an update from me, I no longer do dynamis on BST, it's counter productive. I have 119 gears for THF, and the current record for me is 467 singles in Dynamis-Buburimu fighting the hardest mandies/crabs/ravens. I tend to use attack food, and have the delve (shark) dagger and Sandung (TH).

I like to start by getting all time extensions so I can get onto the mandies around 08:00. This means I enter around 05:00 and it gives me time to find them all. On the mobs, I will always bring in my TH gear before attacking/animated floursh/bully and try hard to stagger every mob, but it's never possible to stagger everything. If it gets down to 1-5% I will save my step/flourish for the next mob (which half the time will stagger right away) and get a single most of the time. Sometimes you will get nothing, but with max TH it doesn't happen often.

I always try to go in when it's quiet, as competition, especially on the crabs, will kill the overall run. I got 467 two times in two days, then the next day I started at a different time and pulled in 455. Shouldn't fight the incredibly easy prey unless you're new to the area.

The key is to 1) Stagger 2) Kill the staggered mob asap 3) Use abilities asap, Bully if it's up, Boxstep (shortest recast) and then Violent Flourish. If Animated flourish is up I will always run to a mob and do that first, engage, then hit with a boxstep. Its all about rhythm, but dynamis can get really boring, so play some music while you do.