Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Torcleaver V.s Resolution
Torcleaver V.s Resolution
 Phoenix.Junifree
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: junifree
By Phoenix.Junifree 2013-12-20 12:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you think torcleaver does against resolution? I'm camping the NMs now for torcleaver ws and its gonna be a long road till torcleaver, at least a week.

I imagine, using common sense that Torcleaver can't be that much greater than resolution cause I don't see too many darks trying to get it or using it in place of resolution. Mainly that, not too many use it in place of resolution.

But, there is a lot of vit gear out there to help torcleaver's mod, so it can't be that bad compared to reso.

What are thoughts? is it worth getting? anyone with 119 empy GS and uses torcleaver over reso? is it ever good to use over reso?

don't know too much except the obvious stuff about torcleaver, all details/suggestions on this ws will be great.
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-12-20 13:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I remember hearing reso wins 99% of the time. I did hear there is a situation to use torcleaver but I don't remember. I think it was in low buff situations
By Elazar1 2013-12-20 13:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Reso will win almost all the time str vs vit not hard to figure out emp Gs is pointless
 Cerberus.Devious
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Devious 2013-12-20 13:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 119cala. I love tor due to its constant steady dmg, reso's numbers is just all over the place. But if u dont get the aftermath from using tor, i think reso will take the lead, not by much but enough for it to not make sense to use tor over it.

Its still worth to unlock tor if thats what u doing tho because there are times when it shine, vs kurma for 1. And if u would ever sub thf, SA is amazing for it. I actually choose thf over my normal war sub if the sitatuion allows of SA abuse. Or like in the new AA fights where u might want to TA a pld and use it to bypass the evasion. Another bonus is that u can use souleater without instantly killing ur self.. Even if reso gets a bigger boost out of souleater its often better to lay back on tor.

Edit: btw why ppl look down on torcleaver alot is because they dont know how to gear for it :)
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-12-20 14:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have lower ACC, like in SKCNM and AA VD modes, then you should probably consider using single target WSes. Outside of that, not much use for it.
By Akutenshi 2013-12-20 15:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure about exact numbers, but I would guess and say two Torcleavars with Sekkanoki making light might be better than two Resolutions with all the vit on gear now. But Resolution should always be better than Torcleaver if not for just Souleater use alone.
By amadis 2013-12-20 15:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

torcleaver is great with the new 1 hour, can pull off atleast 2 or 3 light skillchains with it
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-12-20 19:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the gap was never that big. Back in ilvl 99 days you have equips like phorcy's body and ogier's leg that boosted single hit WS alot more than multi hit ws. Now a day your weapons D and fstr are so high, your modifier weights alot less. Resolution is still the superior WS, but Torcleaver was never that far behind. The only huge disadvantage for Torcleaver is also its biggest strength, it is the fact it is single hit, and it is that much harder to make certain hit build work. If we assume resolution is always going to connect at least 3 hits, that's at least 3.9 to 4.0 extra TP from WS. That is hard to make up on regular hits. Therefore, you are sacrificing your TP gears for STP etc etc and lose WS frequency and it all goes downhill.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-02-06 10:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a current torcleaver build they care to share. With how easy it is to open these now I might want to give it a try...