Forum » FFXI » General » Trust Ciphers!
Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 70 71 72
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-11-17 13:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal rank of 5 to summon unity leader, if I recall.
[+]
By Colossusx 2015-11-17 13:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Personal rank of 5 to summon unity leader, if I recall.
Thank you all for replies. Able to summon now.
 Cerberus.Ephexis
Server: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2015-11-24 16:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone having issues with Apururu for cures lately? Not silenced or anything, but never seems to want to cure, when needed.
 Cerberus.Diavolo
user: Diavolo
By Cerberus.Diavolo 2015-11-24 17:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ephexis said: »
Anyone having issues with Apururu for cures lately? Not silenced or anything, but never seems to want to cure, when needed.

I have a similar issue with Yoran in Reisenjima sometimes. I don't know whether to attribute it to all the lag in the zone during times of high activity, the uneven playing field (moving so we're on even ground or a little closer together seems to to the trick) or if it's just a common issue with the game itself, like the NPCs and warp points that don't always appear after zoning.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-11-24 18:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It has to do with a bug in trusts and vertical elevations. In some instances, trusts like Apururu will not detect anything if you're on a different elevation than her.

I first noticed it soloing the avatar high-tier mission fights and have since noticed it alot in Reisenjima because of all the hill sides. You may also notice that trusts like Apururu won't run away like normal during battles and be right next to you. This means they are not detecting you properly.

To fix this, start moving yourself closer to your mage trusts in relative elevation and they should start curing again.

There are a bunch of bugs like this related to being on a hill. I remember when I first popped that MNK orc NM for the Sandy missions years ago, the NM ran away from me over the mountains and out of sight. I had to run all the way back through the sewers to get to the ??? again.

Recently, I popped a Ascendant Raaz on a hillside in Reisenjima and it too, ran away from me like the orc from years ago and never came back.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-11-25 09:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Trusts be used in Limbus, Assault, or Salvage?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-11-25 09:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Can Trusts be used in Limbus, Assault, or Salvage?

No.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-12-01 22:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Aralays said: »
Updated my Trust Magic List with the new Records of Eminence to get some of the former extravaganza-trusts, with Arciela II, Iroha and Iroha II.
Still missing weaponskill attributes for most of what Arciela does and special effects (if any are there) of the ladies weaponskills.

Have to check if there are any synergy-effects between the 6 glow-girls.
Does this list contain all the Trusts in the game? Wiki and BG don't have complete lists from what I can tell.
By Aralays 2015-12-02 04:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's complete so far.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2015-12-02 05:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not use this list to update bgwiki?
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2015-12-07 10:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Your guide is excellent.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-07 10:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things I can add to that:
- Ferreous Coffin and Elivira will always use TP immediately when they have enough for a WS. I'm not certain, but I think Lhu Mhakaracca does too.
- Nashmeira II and Prishe II have Curaga up to V.
- Aldo UC has 5/5 Triple Attack merits. Wouldn't surprise me if other UC trusts were also utilizing merits in similar ways. I think I recall SE saying that the UC trusts generally have slightly better stats like accuracy than their normal versions.
- Probably some synergy between Babban and Abenzio, they will talk if you're wearing the Mandragora Suit and Masque. No clue what, if any, bonuses there are though.
- Mildaurion's regular melee attacks are considered ranged damage (no clue if it uses ranged accuracy, but it will count against enemies vulnerable to ranged damage specifically), and I wouldn't be surprised if there was similar quirks with other trusts that have unique attack animations.
By Aralays 2015-12-10 06:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated my list with input from the update notes.

Later I'll test the unity shirts and check what they do. If the shirts give different bonusses to members of different unities, I would be grateful for info on shirts other than Apururu and Pieuje.
 Siren.Sieha
Server: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-12-11 12:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

Because its much better to scatter the information to the four winds and have everyone look for it.

P.S. anyone can update the wiki, even those that want it updated.
[+]
By Aralays 2015-12-11 15:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
You can do whatever you want with my list. :)

So far I cannot see any difference in wearing shirts or not. The unity leader compliments your fashion sense when summoned, but that's all. No discernable change to my or unity leaders stats, no better AI, no increased accolades ...
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By Gruknor 2016-01-12 14:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if I can mail a trust cipher from one character to another that are on the same character select screen?
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-01-12 15:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gruknor said: »
Anyone know if I can mail a trust cipher from one character to another that are on the same character select screen?

You cannot.
By Gruknor 2016-01-12 15:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By Aralays 2016-02-14 13:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Found out that group food effects work on trusts. Group Food for trusts + antacid for player + actual food for player might be an interesting strategy. Loach Slop (Acc), Beef Stewpot (Att), Crab Stewpot (Def) and Black Pudding (INT) are perhaps useful.
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2016-02-14 14:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

except they realized group food effects were a really shitty idea early on and didn't make anything with any significant bonuses.
By Aralays 2016-02-15 05:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why I said I would just use them with antacid and a better food for myself. It's a small difference but for some people it might be worthwile.
 Bahamut.Scizor
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2016-02-15 05:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be handy for food with killer effects
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-02-15 05:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Could be handy for food with killer effects

+ August since he can intimidate any type.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Tanardin
Server: Asura
user: Tanardin
By Asura.Tanardin 2016-03-26 20:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Aralays, Lhe Lhangavo has Formless Strikes. Noticed you were missing that.
By Aralays 2016-03-29 09:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, Tanardin, I added it.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2016-03-29 14:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather than adding more trusts I wish they let us determine trust strategies and set JA. There's so many we dobt use because their AI sucks or the trust doesn't do a specific ja or cast certain spells.

As with anything in the old XI all you see around are the sane trusts with little variations.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-29 14:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why most of them are bleh is because they're DD trusts that don't scale well and they've already stated their intention of keeping it that way.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Aralays 2016-04-28 09:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I noticed this week: trusts share the <t> of their player when it comes to using spells and JAs. When the player switches targets to a different enemy, but doesn't actively engage that enemy in combat (i.e. enemy is too far away for autoattacks), then the trusts (and also the adventuring fellow) continue using auto-attacks on the first enemy, while using JAs and spells on the second enemy.

Maybe useful to keep more enemies on the tank (switch target shortly before provoke/flash are ready) or when you want to get TP from weaker enemies but still unload hard-hitting stuff on a main enemy (Attack ambuscade-sidekicks > weaponskill boss? Use spells/weaponskills against fetters while attacking Provenance Watcher?).
By baroma 2016-05-10 14:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shantotto II. My god! Her Teir 1 spells do 2k+ on 115ish bats in Ra' Kaznar

Her WS, Empirical Research is so sexy. does roughly 2400 dmg and her melee hits are over 1000. How is she so deadly compared to the other trusts? holy ***
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 70 71 72