Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-10-03 16:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vafruvant said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Lines up then since Teodor is undead
Spoiler Alert for anyone who hasn't done the Adoulin story yet...

He looks like a vampire anyhow, so a spoiler probably isn't necessary.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-03 16:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
All the Enhancing Magic effects that King of Hearts casts on me have longer durations than the same magic from other Trusts (Yoran-Oran, Koru-Moru, etc.) It looks like a 50% bonus to the duration... Protect V/Shell V lasting 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes. Haste II, Refresh II, Phalanx II all have the same bonus when casted.

Glitch? Or some sort of innate bonus KoH has?

Probably a bonus. Arciela has an enhancing duration bonus, too (+25% I think).
 Sylph.Jarvick
Server: Sylph
user: Krichtan
By Sylph.Jarvick 2015-10-03 16:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else notice Makki just standing around waving his hands instead of fighting? This was on Lightsday, fighting some T+ mobs, They were just flies, but for whatever reason, he was doing nothing...
By m3r36x 2015-10-03 16:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jarvick said: »
Anyone else notice Makki just standing around waving his hands instead of fighting? This was on Lightsday, fighting some T+ mobs, They were just flies, but for whatever reason, he was doing nothing...

I've noticed Makki and Kukki both doing it. It's like they stop and wave their hands for a picture or something.
 Sylph.Jarvick
user: Krichtan
By Sylph.Jarvick 2015-10-03 16:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So it just changed to Darksday and now he is attacking. I guess Lightsday is his "closed day"...
[+]
By m3r36x 2015-10-04 16:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jarvick said: »
So it just changed to Darksday and now he is attacking. I guess Lightsday is his "closed day"...

I can confirm this. Used Makki in a AA fight last night on Lightsday. He literally stood in the middle of the field and waved his hands around a lot

Also, I'm in the Boyahda Tree right now doing some quests for RoE and King of Hearts just "leveled up" after I casted Bio on a Moss Eater... anyone have some information about this? I've never seen it happen before now.
 Siren.Clinpachii
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-10-04 17:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any other Trust NPC that stand idle and won't attack similar to Ulmia? Learning some BLU spells and loving the songs. Just curious.
By m3r36x 2015-10-04 18:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachii said: »
Are there any other Trust NPC that stand idle and won't attack similar to Ulmia? Learning some BLU spells and loving the songs. Just curious.

Koru-Moru, Apururu, Cherukki, Joachim (he throws rocks or something every now and then at foes, though.)
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-10-04 18:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the trusts listed under the "special" category will stand idle around you.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-10-04 18:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you :3
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-10-04 21:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone noticed any particular synergy between Morimar and August (other than text?). I've only tried Morimar for a couple of hours and wasn't very impressed, but perhaps a synergy with other adoulian trusts could make for a fun combo.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-04 21:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

im guessing hell have synergy with the Tiger when it comes out.

im guessing Teodor has synergy with august?
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2015-10-04 22:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

some others just because
Moogle, Kuyin Hathdenna, Star Sibyl, Brygid

edit: nvm someone answered alry
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-10-07 12:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a bit of searching and was unable to find anything on this subject. I've also been away from the game for a bit.

Is there any flippin' way to stop F8 from targeting trust NPC's? Or a simpler way to target mobs through a clusterfk of trust NPC's that I'm not remembering or knowing about?

I found the option to ignore OTHER peoples trusts I think...

This is driving me up the wall when I was farming abyssea chests and soloing skirmish........

Somebody please tell me a better way, I've only got so much hair to pull out.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-10-07 12:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.

Oh? Sorry. That's not really helpful....
SE wants you to devote a macro square to /targetbnpc....
Or something....
Because that's how old F8 worked.... mostly.... sorta...

You can disable others' Trusts with /hidetrust on/off...
But that won't help you with your own Trusts soaking up F8.

So.....
There's no real, clear cut solution.
Other than changing it back.
Which will actually probably happen....
Cause everyone hates this.

EDIT: SO... turns out, that there's no probably about it. They're either going to change it back, change F7/F1 to being how F8 worked, or change F10 to how F8 worked.
(I hope for F7, then that singular person who likes this.... mess... will be happy and the rest of us can get back to normalcy.)
F7=F1 in every way since you are always locked to being P1 in a party.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-10-07 13:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Nope.

Oh? Sorry. That's not really helpful....
SE wants you to devote a macro square to /targetbnpc....
Or something....
Because that's how old F8 worked.... mostly.... sorta...

You can disable others' Trusts with /hidetrust on/off...
But that won't help you with your own Trusts soaking up F8.

So.....
There's no real, clear cut solution.
Other than changing it back.
Which will actually probably happen....
Cause everyone hates this.

Extremely useful info though, Thanks anyways. Sooooo terrible trying to fight groups of things or unlock large amounts of abyssea chests lol... targeting nightmare fuel.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-07 19:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else notice KingoFhearts Levels up...,. it seems after bludegon?

i dont noioce a dmg increase so im not sure what that means....
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-10-07 19:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Extremely useful info though, Thanks anyways. Sooooo terrible trying to fight groups of things or unlock large amounts of abyssea chests lol... targeting nightmare fuel.

It (/targetbnpc) might still not target the chests reliably. Due to it being a function to target battle targets. Not tried it yet. So not sure.

I swear they wait for me to start actually using or doing stuff before altering it 3 months later though.
I had never touched F8 more than a handful of times in my FFXI career until I started farming Job Points a few months back during double CP campaigns.

And quite ironically, what I was looking for ideally at the time was a targeting command that would only target mobs, that I could stick in as the first line of my pulling macro.
So that upon killing one mob, I just click pull macro on my pad and it goes
/targetmob
/wait whatever
/attackmob
/wait again
/petonmob
After that, run in and crack other macro off, with ready move. Mob dead or very nearly dead. Repeat until 1200 JP

Failing to find such a command to target just mobs I got into the habit of just tapping F8 after each kill. Then do the rest via pull macro.
And of course, they then proceeded to take away the functionality of the F8 key from me. lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-10-07 19:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
anyone else notice KingoFhearts Levels up...,. it seems after bludegon?

i dont noioce a dmg increase so im not sure what that means....
Maybe just cuz he leveled up in that one cutscene after using Bludgeon on Mnejing. :P
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-10-08 08:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't suppose that trust ciphers are sendable to same account mules are they? I've been gone and I see lots of 500 point ones I want but doubt I can log in enough days to get everything lol......

poo.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-10-08 08:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't suppose that trust ciphers are sendable to same account mules are they?

Unfortunately, no.
 Odin.Tsukiya
user: Tsukiji
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-10-08 09:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't suppose that trust ciphers are sendable to same account mules are they? I've been gone and I see lots of 500 point ones I want but doubt I can log in enough days to get everything lol......

poo.

There is no log in campaign going on right now and most trusts available from the extravaganza aren't from log in points. :)
By FaeQueenCory 2015-10-08 09:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
It (/targetbnpc) might still not target the chests reliably. Due to it being a function to target battle targets. Not tried it yet. So not sure.
/targetbnpc won't hit chests. Since they're not "battle nonplayer characters" aka mobs.
At least I'm fairly sure it doesn't. (97%)

But that's ok because:
FaeQueenCory said: »
EDIT: SO... turns out, that there's no probably about it. They're either going to change it back, change F7/F1 to being how F8 worked, or change F10 to how F8 worked.
(I hope for F7, then that singular person who likes this.... mess... will be happy and the rest of us can get back to normalcy.)
F7=F1 in every way since you are always locked to being P1 in a party.
 Siren.Clinpachii
By Siren.Clinpachii 2015-10-08 09:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsukiya said: »

poo.

There is no log in campaign going on right now and most trusts available from the extravaganza aren't from log in points. :)

They just posted about the new login campaign today, theres a megaton of 500 point ciphers for October.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-10-08 16:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

[I suppose I shall lend you adventurers a hand... or a paw rather]

Super excited to get this trust this month!
[+]
By Sandmaster 2015-10-09 04:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, I'm in the Boyahda Tree right now doing some quests for RoE and King of Hearts just "leveled up" after I casted Bio on a Moss Eater... anyone have some information about this? I've never seen it happen before now.

That happened to me while I was on Nin in Escha Ru-an. It would obviously be a little broken if you could level him up and up but I had him out for a good ~2hours before I saw it.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-10-09 04:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

He usually levels up between the 25th~30th Mob for me the first times even on my lvl 50 mule while doing RoE in CN.
 Leviathan.Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-09 05:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

KingofHrts is actully really good, if you have the MAB cheer on i been doing decent Firaga IV numbers and hes very resistant to alot of ailenments

that said i woudlnt be surpized if your right and levling up means actually nothing but a cute animation form his story line.
 Odin.Tsukiya
user: Tsukiji
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-10-09 08:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They just posted about the new login campaign today, theres a megaton of 500 point ciphers for October.

Doh, didn't see that. Thank you!
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-09 17:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I've done some observing, and there is something going on with August.

For the whole day, I've been observing August using Daybreak and visibly getting HP back, from no apparent source, other than it possibly being Daybreak.
The one which motivated me to even do this post was, i not long saw him go from 1.2k HP to 1.9k HP (I was in Escha), with the only ability line being Daybreak. Of which in that instance, it did 303 damage.
I've also noticed he will consistently use Daybreak as well when he is at lower HP values, which would make sense if it's being used to heal him, over a cure spell or something else.

I had Arcelia out. And I've not been able to try it without her. (Maybe I'll do this tomorrow when i feel like i'm not utterly insane, or going crazy.)
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 70 71 72