Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 70 71 72
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-09-04 19:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone noticed trusts getting buggy lately? I went to fight Titan today for 3 fights and Achumchu wouldn't put up runes like she usually does and Apururu wouldn't cure like usual. In fact, her cures were going off slower and less often than Joachim and Koru.

I noticed it more the last 2 fights because Achumchu died 20 seconds into the fight and I stood in red HP for more than 20 seconds in some instances.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-09-04 19:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Apururu has been buggy lately, late on cures, or just stands there doing nothing. I've changed over to either Karaha, Yoran-Rran or Kupipi as healers. Amchuchu is still working fine for me though, but I'll have to tryout an avatar fight to see if its just battlefield status that bugs them?
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-09-04 19:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Amchuchu is usually very reliable tanking in battlefields as I had taken her to Ouryu not long before Titan. I wonder if it's some sort of weird map issue.

I liked using Apururu because she's useful for Curagas in a pinch without running out of MP and I didn't have any issues with her in escha yesterday.

I think I might try the sane setup up again with a different avatar to see if my suspicions about the map are correct.
 Asura.Ghanni
Server: Asura
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-08 09:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What job do you guys think Teodor, possibly COR?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-08 09:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ghanni said: »
Definitely not COR, nothing to me has ever suggested he would be a COR. The way he fights in SR would suggest DRK or BLM, maybe both.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-08 09:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My bet on drk.
 Asura.Ghanni
Server: Asura
user: Ghanni
By Asura.Ghanni 2015-09-08 09:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Definitely not COR, nothing to me has ever suggested he would be a COR. The way he fights in SR would suggest DRK or BLM, maybe both.

I was hoping COR due to that awful mini-game I had to play during SoA missions.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-08 09:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess is he'll have his ensilence and endispel regular hits and nuke up to tier 5 single targets. It's possible he might have Impact, though that seems pretty MP intensive for a trust. Resources already show that his trust will have access to all of his WSs, including Hemocladis.
 Sylph.Namonaki
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-09-08 10:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If he isn't DRK then wtf I don't understand this game anymore.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-09-08 10:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm on Apururu unity, and have been forever, but for some reason I cant summon her anymore? Is there a reason for this?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-09-08 11:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
So I'm on Apururu unity, and have been forever, but for some reason I cant summon her anymore? Is there a reason for this?

Complete a few RoE's in her Unity.
In most cases that's:
1) Slay exp-yielding crawlers
2) Collect silk threads
3) Heal allies (or heal status ailments)

After (I think) 5 RoE's done in her unity, she will become available to be summoned.
By Aeyela 2015-09-08 11:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Has anyone noticed trusts getting buggy lately? I went to fight Titan today for 3 fights and Achumchu wouldn't put up runes like she usually does and Apururu wouldn't cure like usual. In fact, her cures were going off slower and less often than Joachim and Koru.

I noticed it more the last 2 fights because Achumchu died 20 seconds into the fight and I stood in red HP for more than 20 seconds in some instances.

Apururu has been a buggy little madam today in Reives. It seems to be random chance that she does absolutely nothing every other Reive. I'm aware she doesn't melee before somebody throws that out there, but she is usually a very productive trust and a very fast Curer. In those Reives she's stood there the entire time doing nothing. Happened in an Ark Angel HM too.

I don't have Koru, so can't say I've noticed it with any others.

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Complete a few RoE's in her Unity.
In most cases that's:
1) Slay exp-yielding crawlers
2) Collect silk threads
3) Heal allies (or heal status ailments)

After (I think) 5 RoE's done in her unity, she will become available to be summoned.

He said he was already able to summon her but now he can't.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-09-08 12:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the same deal. Anytime you go inactive, for about 2wks, you lose the ability to summon a unity trust and have to complete unity specific objectives to reactivate them.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-09-09 07:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably to stop us just swapping between unities at will. Due to the personal evaluation resetting whenever you swap leaders.

Not that it takes long to make them available again. But you wouldn't want to be doing it regularly.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-09 08:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do an occasional unity RoE, it's usually enough to keep the Trust from disappearing from your list. In the very least I do the "kill 10 mobs with unity leader" RoE.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-09-10 04:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

How is Yoran-Oran, compared to Apururu? He seems to consistently fight Apururu for 2nd place on Quetz (with Sylvie in 1st). I ran by someone who had him out and saw he has a mandy rod, which I find amusing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-10 08:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else noticed that Arciela attack motions look like she's playing tennis?
 Bismarck.Branden
Server: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-09-10 10:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What am I missing with using trusts? I've been trying some older HTMB's/unities and I can't do anything higher than on easy because the trusts die to all the AOE's so fast. Apururu burns through her mp spamming curagas and dies so fast and I also bring Koru, Joachim and Ulmia but once Apururu goes down the others follow fast.. I know people have said they can do Escha nm's with trusts but I must be missing something. I usually fight on BLU but maybe i should try on RNG and use a trust tank so i can keep the rest of my trusts out of aoe range? I can also bring a whm or cor mule and call trusts on her but do you need to be constantly casting/meleeing on the mob for the trusts to keep helping?

Anybody have any suggestions or tips? Different trust setup? Different job besides melee? Is there a trick to keep trusts out of aoe range and still be able to melee?
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-09-10 10:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Branden said: »
What am I missing with using trusts? I've been trying some older HTMB's/unities and I can't do anything higher than on easy because the trusts die to all the AOE's so fast. Apururu burns through her mp spamming curagas and dies so fast and I also bring Koru, Joachim and Ulmia but once Apururu goes down the others follow fast.. I know people have said they can do Escha nm's with trusts but I must be missing something. I usually fight on BLU but maybe i should try on RNG and use a trust tank so i can keep the rest of my trusts out of aoe range? I can also bring a whm or cor mule and call trusts on her but do you need to be constantly casting/meleeing on the mob for the trusts to keep helping?

Anybody have any suggestions or tips? Different trust setup? Different job besides melee? Is there a trick to keep trusts out of aoe range and still be able to melee?

You need to keep them out of range of AoE but still able to support you. If you want songs, you'll need to be closer to get them on, then while still engaged, move the mob away from the trust.
 Bismarck.Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-09-10 10:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
You need to keep them out of range of AoE but still able to support you. If you want songs, you'll need to be closer to get them on, then while still engaged, move the mob away from the trust.

I've honestly only really used them cp'ing so I haven't noticed but is it really as simple as engaging the mob-> letting them buff-> move the mob away from them? They don't auto-follow you?

It seems that using BRD's might be risky then if it's a prolonged fight where your songs wear off and you have to then move back to the trusts and wait for them to recast.. Do you have a better trust setup than Apururu/Koru/Joachim/Ulmia (I bring 1 mule as either THF or COR depending if I need TH).
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-10 10:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What content are you looking for a reliable Trust setup?
 Bismarck.Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-09-10 10:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
What content are you looking for a reliable Trust setup?
Sorry, it was in response to my previous post.. HTMB's on normal+ difficulty and unity NM's with me on BLU (preferably) so that the trusts are out of aoe range and I am still meleeing..
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-10 11:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

For most mobs that let you pop solo i'd suggest bringing Sylvie, Kupipi, August, and Arciela as your 4th.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-11 09:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's the best melee trust(excluding SR ones)? Semih is awesome but she doesn't benefit from marches! :v
By Chyula 2015-09-11 09:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess its too hard to learn how to move the mob away from the trust. hint some trust dont come in melee range. that elve brd trust have huge song radius. midget rdm dont melee, moogle dont get hit, two whm trust dont come in melee range, I guess the game mechanic is too damn difficult for everyone.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-11 11:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Who's the best melee trust(excluding SR ones)? Semih is awesome but she doesn't benefit from marches! :v
- Zeid II is pretty useful since he will always try to stun WSs (unless there's an immunity or it's not ready). He'll also close SCs.
- Mildaurion is good in that she has access to all four level 2 SC properties. I don't know if her AI is set to close, open, or go at 1000% though.
- Ayame will open SCs for you based on your last used WS.
- I've heard Mayakov can be pretty potent but I've never tried him out.
- Many of the WotG trusts will just spam WSs at 1000%, sometimes the relic ones.

I think it's going to depend on the job you're playing and how you want to work with them.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-11 11:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchains are stuff for not lazy people!

Does Mayakov use dances too?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-09-11 12:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't remember if he Waltzes but he does use steps (I think just Feather) and sambas.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2015-09-11 12:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that Ayame opens based on the last one the player used, and Amchuchu closes lights with Dimi (he only uses Dimi when he has TP and will close an SC).
But are there trusts that intelligently SC with each other, wherein the player can stay backline and maybe MB of the trusts SC's?
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 70 71 72