Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 70 71 72
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-14 14:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

How about Selh'teus? His attacks seem to be similar to Mildaurion's, so I assume they're ranged also, but I haven't done any testing.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-08-14 14:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
would someone explain how the heck i get the ciphers from the sunbreeze festival???
I got MumorI by syncing maybe 5 normal dances? Then talking to the moogle. To get MumorII you need to sync all 4 finishing dances onto Ullegore(the dances she does after Uka is defeated) then talk to the moogle to get the outfit, then do another set of 4 finishing moves then talk to the moogle again to get Mumor II.

How/where is this done? I had talked to a moogle in windy walls and say the little troupe fight there as well. Didnt get much further then that tho (was finishing rhapsodies).
The fight in windy walls is located at the bottom of the circle path/north of the AH (where we used to camp out back in Dyna-Windy?). I did the fights in Northern sandy, by the exit to West Ron (where Excenmille's at).
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-14 14:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

In Bastok Markets, the moogle is located next to the daily tally Goblin (near the southern moghouse entrance).

The actual Mumor performance is next to the fountain.
 Fenrir.Shinun
user: Shinun
By Fenrir.Shinun 2015-08-14 15:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently using for solo
Quiltada
Ulmia
Joachim
Sylvie (UC)

With these I get

Indi-Fury
Indi-Fraility
Chaos Roll
Fighter's Roll
March x2
Madrigal
Minuet
Haste

I'm kinda stuck on who to use as the last trust.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-08-14 16:18:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I switched to Sylvie for the melee buffs, jokes on me because I'm a mage, she only does indi-refresh/acumen '-'
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-08-14 17:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

would someone explain how the heck i get the ciphers from the sunbreeze festival???
I got MumorI by syncing maybe 5 normal dances? Then talking to the moogle. To get MumorII you need to sync all 4 finishing dances onto Ullegore(the dances she does after Uka is defeated) then talk to the moogle to get the outfit, then do another set of 4 finishing moves then talk to the moogle again to get Mumor II.

How/where is this done? I had talked to a moogle in windy walls and say the little troupe fight there as well. Didnt get much further then that tho (was finishing rhapsodies).
The fight in windy walls is located at the bottom of the circle path/north of the AH (where we used to camp out back in Dyna-Windy?). I did the fights in Northern sandy, by the exit to West Ron (where Excenmille's at).

So what do u do while watching the fight? Iv heard ppl talk about going head to head with a number of ppl to get equip pieces.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2015-08-14 18:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

^
I did it solo, make /cheer motion /clap motion /wave motion macros, spam the jesus out of them at Mumor, she should do a dance every 8% or so. She'll stop attacking and you'll know a dance is coming. Target Uka for the dances. Uka will give up around 8% and join Mumor to do the final 4 dances against Ullegore, make sure you target him for your dances. Buying fireworks the dude from after the show makes her dance more often.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-08-14 22:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A couple more things on Mumor II. All of her TP moves are definitely magic based. She has access to Firesday Night Fever:

This gives her some sort of super boost like August's Daybreak. Even gives her a pink glowing aura and access to...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-08-14 22:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
How about Selh'teus? His attacks seem to be similar to Mildaurion's, so I assume they're ranged also, but I haven't done any testing.
I tried out Selh'teus against Fenrir, and sure enough, he will stay out of melee range and just use those ranged moves.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-08-14 23:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know about August's No Quarter damage calculation? I mean, yeah, no 10k needles for trust, but still...
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-15 00:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shinun said: »
Quiltada
Ulmia
Joachim
Sylvie (UC)

With these I get

Indi-Fury
Indi-Fraility
Chaos Roll
Fighter's Roll
March x2
Madrigal
Minuet
Haste

I'm kinda stuck on who to use as the last trust.
I find myself using:
Obviously a healer if needed (Karaha imo).
Kupofried for CP.
Amchuchu for magic tanking.
Excenmille [S] for pure DPS output, he does a 15% attack buff with 3min/5min uptime.
Occasionally Adehleid for stunning.
I tend to use Arciela over Joachim also.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-15 01:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shinun said: »
Quiltada
Ulmia
Joachim
Sylvie (UC)
Verda said: »
Imho using both Joachim and Ulmia is a no no. Joachim I use when haste II is used and Ulmia when haste I is used as Joachim will do one march one madrigal and ulmia will do two marches.

Trust BRDs have March+0, no instrument modifiers like players. So, that means you're not capping magical haste unless you have Haste II AND both trust marches. Haste I and 2x Trust March isn't enough, and Haste II with 1 Trust March isn't enough.

Capped magical haste: 448/1024. Trust magical haste values:
- Haste 2: 307/1024
- Haste 1: 150/1024
- Victory March (+0): 96/1024
- Advancing March (+0): 64/1024

So your biggest bang for the buck of any buffer is a Haste II trust. I love Koru, since he'll also do a ton of other useful enhancing/enfeebling magic: Distract II, Phalanx II, Dispel, Slow II, Dia III, Flurry II (he'll use that on Qultada), etc. Oh, AND he'll toss single target cures. Koru's non-haste utility is strong enough that even if I'm on something like BLU where I can Haste II myself, I still like bringing Koru for all the other stuff.

Koru and Ulmia are staples for me, but I do sometimes use both BRDs. Ulmia won't always use 2x March if she has something else to cast, so sometimes I need Joachim too. Plus, Joachim helps out with -na and cures. And even if marches are covered, I don't mind getting stuff like extra Madrigals or whatever.

My standard setup when I'm solo on a melee job:
- Apururu
- Koru-Moru
- Ulmia
- Qultada (usually) for the buffs, exp/CP, plus a little DD

Then add whatever I may need from:
- Joachim for more support
- Amchuchu if I want a tank (though August seems good too, only trust I currently lack...)
- Brygid for Def/MDef aura when I'm soloing certain high tiers
- Kupofried for maximum CP farming
- Random DD: Ayame for a good SC partner, Perih for ranged decent damage, or just someone for laughs because I feel like seeing them
 Cerberus.Elvyn
Server: Cerberus
user: Elvyn87
By Cerberus.Elvyn 2015-08-15 01:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick look on Ullegore (Login Campaign)

- BLM, again use's nukes strong to the Mob
- Crazy High MP, 4999mp (Albeit with the Alter ego campaign boost)
- No Native Refresh
- Use's Tp move called "Bored to Tears", cant actually see any effect except you get a system msg saying the "The Mob has grown noticeable bored"
- His summon message will notice Murmor and Uka but not Murmor II and vic-versa
By Aelius 2015-08-15 03:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone like to take the reins and volunteer to keep this updated?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-08-15 16:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius said: »
Would anyone like to take the reins and volunteer to keep this updated?

What, keep people updated on the newest trust and their abilities?

I could do so, if needed. I don't have two of the Sinister trusts, but I keep track of the new ones rather assiduously.
By Aelius 2015-08-15 17:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant the first post. As a guide or something, usually the first post carries all the updated information. Since the first post is extremely outdated and Demonjustin isn't around much to keep it updated, I figure someone else can take over. I have an idea where we can keep this thread but someone else can alter the first post easily.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-08-15 22:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, I have seen August in action.

He has used:

Every Alluvion weapon ever.
Sentinel
Reprisal
Flash
Provoke
Cure IV
No Quarter (Only when gold wings are active, and it doesn't deal much.)
Daybreak

Possibly a few more things; his enmity gain seems crazy high, possibly due to the AoE nature of some of his TP moves. So far, looking like a solid PLD/WAR trust, which I personally think we were sorely lacking.
By Chyula 2015-08-15 22:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

august have a crazy high enmity cap, in wkr I spam ws none stop and can hardly take hate feom him.
By makenshi123 2015-08-16 08:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What combo's is everyone currently using?

I tend to go for.

Healer - Karaha-Baruha or Mihli Aliapoh(for some one with more HP, coffin does not cast shell/pro)

DD- Zeid 2, Semih Lafihna, Noillurie, Prishe (Back up healers for those 2) Selhteus.

Tank - Gessho

Support - Arciela

Other - EXP moogle.

Been trying to solo some hard mode battles recently on Very easy.(6 main avatars, shadow lord and Tenzen seem to be easiest) Some times i take a mage type like the new Ullegore trust.

Managed to take down Fenrir for the first time and used Coffin since he does not waste all his MP recasting pro/shell every time they are dispelled.

Anyone have any tips on who else to bring to those fights?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-16 08:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Balamor attacks dark elemental or neutral? Cause I need to fight a Gravitaion Elemental and am not sure he'll work out c_c

edit: it appears he's darkness afterall, moreover I discovered he cannot be healed

makenshi123 said: »
Tank - Gessho
Without August, Amchuchu is the best.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-16 09:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I love this setup for solo melee CPing on BLU; Joachim + Ulmia + Apururu + Qultada + Kupofried.

Unfortunately though, I recently moved to Bahamut and noticed that they favor Sylvie over Apururu by a large margin... I don't want to lose my super healer, but neither do I want to lose my first place bonus on unity gear T_T

I can live with Karaha, but Apururu is just... too strong. Not only for fodder bashing, but for soloing things like UNMs and high-tier BCs on lower difficulties too. Nott, Convert, Curaga, Devotion, Regain... Any other healer is simply no match.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-08-16 10:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to Bahamut.

That said, I think that's mainly because Sylvie's new, and once that levels out people will miss having the best WHM trust that exists in their solo parties.

My favorite solo trust teams vary, but when I'm on Ninja for HTBF or non-CPing, I use:

Apururu- Healing
Arciela- Support. Her inability to Haste/Refresh allies doesn't bother me, she can group heal if necessary, and Dynastic Gravitas does occasionally land. Also, with her not refreshing Apururu, she won't glitch out and not, well, Nott.
Joachim- He'll -na, he has more HP than Ulmia, and apparently, pebbles can kill.
ShikareeZ- Solid DD, for the most part. She self-buffs, and will skillchain with Shun rather reliably. Super Jump is yummy.
For the latter, I'm not sure. Perhaps Tenzen II, as he's ranged and won't get flattened by melee attacks. I haven't done much since having the ability to call five.

For CP, it's usually Apururu, Koru-Moru, Qultada, and Kupofried, with me pulling for a PC Blue Mage.
 Sylph.Namonaki
user: Namonaki
By Sylph.Namonaki 2015-08-16 10:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely think August is hands down the best Tank trust on the market, but I actually don't have Amchuchu atm (I hope they bring her back tho!). If you can get August, do not pass the opportunity up, hes pretty awesome and keeps hate pretty well considering :).
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-08-16 10:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Are Balamor attacks dark elemental or neutral? Cause I need to fight a Gravitaion Elemental and am not sure he'll work out c_c

edit: it appears he's darkness afterall, moreover I discovered he cannot be healed

makenshi123 said: »
Tank - Gessho
Without August, Amchuchu is the best.

Balamor is undead, technically, so no, you can't heal him.

Gessho is a reliable blink tank that I've used against the Gessho HT fight. Amchuchu is indeed good, and very reliable for things that Rune Fencers are capable of, but due to subjob restrictions on trust there are things that Gessho is better for.

Once I get August, I'll test more with him, bug from seeing him in action I believe him to be a very good Paladin trust.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-08-16 11:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Balamors attacks are dark.

While SE blocked white magic cures from targetting him for whatever reason, he can still be healed normally with regens, blue magic, and various trust TP moves.

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
melee CPing on BLU

[+]
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-16 13:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What is so funny about not having good enough mab gear? You can brag about your cp rate for all I care. I am just doing what I can do better and am happy with it.

Back on topic; is Sylvie able to cast any -na?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-16 13:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

She -nas and yes, she still has regain+Nott.
By makenshi123 2015-08-16 15:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
What is so funny about not having good enough mab gear? You can brag about your cp rate for all I care. I am just doing what I can do better and am happy with it.

Back on topic; is Sylvie able to cast any -na?

How good does your gear even need to be for decent damage? i stick to melee since magic damage does chuff all.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-08-16 16:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

For AoEing, your gear only needs to be good enough to 1 shot the Acuex with BA up or two shot them with BA down. It's also ideal if you can kill the bats/leeches in 3 AoEs. You also need a decent -PDT set (and FC set, but that's not really unique to cleaving).

I did Escha for a lot of mine since I got bored of AoEing and wanted Silt (and I couldn't find a camp that I liked that gave both good CP and would be viable for cleaving solo).
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 70 71 72