{Arise} Seekerstar {Please assist.}

:D
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-10 08:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 Amchuchu. She is really good at holding hate in short time, spams hate tools and somehow manages to make her mp last a long while. I know it is obviously owing to the enmity adjustment for the most part, but still she is pretty good for her purpose. Other tank trusts don't even come close to her. Her WSs are not bad either. She uses Dimidiation fairly often.

She seems to use Runes accordingly when she takes elemental damage, similar to how Karaha casts barspell. It is also nice that she has access to so many JAs. She can even use Battuta which is a merit JA and her fast cast boost from valiance also makes a highly noticable difference, which is also a bonus from Inspiration merits.

Considering that Qulthada is also pretty good at choosing what rolls to use, it looks like devs have already started going with their trust buff plan by releasing ones with relatively better mechanics.

All these things considered though, I guess they are a part of the parting gifts before they shuts down development... /sadface. I can see them thinking "Guys, we know 90% of them sucks, so here are some good ones, enjoy while it lasts."
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-10 08:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Amchuchu is a she. When you're confued remember all female taru have names that end in a repeated syllable, while males have rhyming names with the -.

Unfortunately I missed Amchuchu trust ;;
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-10 08:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Amchuchu is a she. When you're confued remember all female taru have names that end in a repeated syllable, while males have rhyming names with the -.

Unfortunately I missed Amchuchu trust ;;

Oops, correct. Btw, I don't think you missed anything. Campaign ends on April 30.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-10 08:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

She's actually pretty good as a tank. Tanks Marjami WKR no problem with all of the RUN JAs she gets.

Also, Qultada is a better COR than most actual players. I'm really impressed by the fact that SE made them quite useful.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-10 08:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Oops, correct. Btw, I don't think you missed anything. Campaign ends on April 30.
Uh..I thought she was from a past login event, good thing I mentioned it then, gonna grab her asap!
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-04-10 15:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to attempt to solo my sch to 99 with trusts, mainly so I can get a good feel for the job as I lvl. What would be a few good trust combos with me healing on sch? I know I can look at bg's list, but I feel people can give a better opinion based in their experience with the trust AI's. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. If anybody on ragnarok wants to join in on some old school exp shoot me a tell in game, and I'll most likely do a shout here and there to fill 5th/6th spots. =)
 Asura.Imwithstupid
user: Tahoe
By Asura.Imwithstupid 2015-04-10 21:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So FFXI wiki mentions that Ciphers Zeid, Lion, and Naja are currently available from the event, anyone know how I obtain them? Wiki says a Red Mog Pell, but I believe that was a previous way since I can't find any info on those either.
 Lakshmi.Sulia
Server: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2015-04-10 22:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Imwithstupid said: »
So FFXI wiki mentions that Ciphers Zeid, Lion, and Naja are currently available from the event, anyone know how I obtain them? Wiki says a Red Mog Pell, but I believe that was a previous way since I can't find any info on those either.
Mog Pells were sent to your delivery box. As far as I know, the red pells are the only way that you can currently obtain those ciphers. The event going on right now Ovjang, Mnejing, Cid, Koru-Moru, and Rahal. You may be looking at an older version of the event since they've done several Trust extravaganzas.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-04-15 00:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrid gives Geo of CHR up :/ surely there something else?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-04-15 01:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
I don't know what conditions cause Qultada to actually use Cor's roll, but it'd be something nice to figure out.

I've used him in 2 zones now, and he's only done Chaos/Fighter/Evokers. The first being level 99 @ a camp that gives no cp. The second being 99 @ a camp that gives the minimum cp.

Where are people using him so that he gives Cor's roll, Gates zones?

I noticed that Qultada will only use Corsair's Roll -if- "Dedication" effect is on. Confirmed this when CPing. started off with no ring, always gave me chaos and another buff (fighters or evokers if mp was low); popped ring, and he always used Corsairs as his first roll. Even when Dedication wore, he reverted back to chaos/fighter's/evokers.
By Goltana101 2015-04-15 01:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kingmancat said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Koru-Moru also WILL NOT Refresh 2 blue mages.

I have no freaking idea why, he'll do it when I'm on RUN, on PLD... not BLU.

I'm gonna kick that taru.

Basically, as far as Koru's coding goes, jobs fall into one of three categories, Haste II, Refresh II, or Flurry II. SE coded BLU's under Haste II instead of Refresh II for Koru's AI, lol.

And that's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, because I'd rather Flutter myself for five minutes and get a good refresh from trust.

-.-

Koru-Moru is definitely programmed some kind of strange. I've had him give me Refresh on BLU when I sub WHM before, but if I sub RDM, he doesn't. Arciela seems a little more forthcoming with the Refresh though.

What's really funky is Koru will both Refresh2 & Haste2 RUN, but not BLU.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2015-04-15 02:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »

About a 10% def/mdef boost.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-04-15 02:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Heard she also gives defense bonus, and supposedly m.defense bonus. Haven't tested her out yet myself, though.
By Nemn 2015-04-15 09:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

I can't recall if trust Geo auras extend to pets or not, if so Brygid would be pretty decent utility.

Also how is Adelheid Sturm vs some of the older nuker trusts?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-27 05:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The following alter egos will be made obtainable by progressing through the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions:

Semih Lafihna / Halver / Zeid II / Lion II

Semih!!
Truepanties Lion lol Oo?

Progressing through the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions will enable players to call forth up to four alter egos simultaneously.
* This limit is scheduled to be increased further in subsequent version updates.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-27 06:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

trust combination of Joachim, Ulmia, Koru-Moru and Qultada go!
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-27 08:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
trust combination of Ulmia, Arciela, Qultada & Karaha go!

ftfy
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-04-27 08:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna be able to call trusts in maat fight now lol wtf
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-04-27 09:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
trust combination of Ulmia, Arciela, Qultada & Karaha go!

ftfy
I dual-box a whm!
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-27 13:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a whm he's a Summoner, badum-tss~
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-04-27 16:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a Mog Pell (Red) and how do I get them?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-04-27 17:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Mog_Pell_%28Red%29

They were given to people with active accounts during a campaign. You can't get them through any normal means.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-04-27 17:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So which of the limited Trusts are available at the moment, then?
By runeghost 2015-04-27 19:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The following alter egos will be made obtainable by progressing through the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions:

Semih Lafihna / Halver / Zeid II / Lion II

Semih!!
Truepanties Lion lol Oo?

Progressing through the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions will enable players to call forth up to four alter egos simultaneously.
* This limit is scheduled to be increased further in subsequent version updates.
I must have missed a reference... "truepanties lion" ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-27 22:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The NPC Lion from cutscenes has white panties... the trust Lion wears purple shorts instead, it's kinda stupid, but yeah, a joke etc.
By Bloodrose 2015-04-27 23:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nemn said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder said: »

I can't recall if trust Geo auras extend to pets or not, if so Brygid would be pretty decent utility.

Also how is Adelheid Sturm vs some of the older nuker trusts?
Adelheid Sturm is great for AoE enfeebling abilities like Paralysis Tube and what not, and is a decent nuker, but not great. I'd say Domina Shantotto is definitely better.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-28 01:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Adelheid can also stun. That may be a big plus situationally.

About the last trust announcement; There shouldn't be a Lion II. I don't remember her having a different look anywhere in the game. And it sounds silly anyway. Also, Zeid II should have been named "Darksteel Hurricane" since they are using that persona of Zeid for the looks.

But regardless, there are still so many NPCs to be possibly added so why are they even adding more Lions and Zeids? <.< They should have been adding Adoulin coalition bosses if they ran out of vanilla FFXI NPCs.

I also believe that they should work more on trust synergy. There is so much potential in this system. The synergy bonuses should be obvious and noticebly potent though, not hidden and negligible.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-04-28 10:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I consider Adelheid to be a bit better than most of the nuker trusts, but that could be because I like Scholars...

She can stun, she'll cure you (or herself), she uses Storms according to the day (I think) and then the appropriate Helix.. I don't think she uses Sublimation though.

I think we should get different trusts... and trusts of jobs we don't yet have.

A REAL Summoner
A Real Geo
BST
DRG
PUP (No, Nashmeira does not count.)

Oh and let Luzaf have his damned dice, if Qultada can have them, so should he.
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 70 71 72