Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 70 71 72
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-12 11:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never had that glitch with Karaha. He is actually my favorite healer trust for fodder bashing.
 Siren.Dagget
Server: Siren
By Siren.Dagget 2015-02-15 11:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Another *** useless Trust. FerreousCoffin does more damage than this pointless MNK Lhe.
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-02-17 20:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously. Bring in a COR trust or something. Or at least buff the damage dealers so they aren't so glaringly subpar.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-18 02:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voidwolf said: »
Seriously. Bring in a COR trust or something. Or at least buff the damage dealers so they aren't so glaringly subpar.

There is a corsair trust... oh wait, he doesn't use phantom roll <.<
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-02-20 03:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Something that caught my eye:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/February_2015_Version_Update_Changes

Scroll aaaaaall the way to the bottom of the list of items:

Maybe netht log-in campaign? :p
[+]
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-02-20 03:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Also here are the notes for Chacharoon:

- How to obtain:
1) Buy 'Sakura and the Fountain'* Key Item from one of the Mog Garden rank item upgrade NPC's (like Zenicca in West Adoulin).
2) Go to your Mog Garden and watch the cutscene.
3) Head to the new area that got unlocked (next to the Porter Moogle)
4) Speak to Chacharoon to unlock the ability to raise 2 monsters at once, as well as recieve the spell Trust: Chacharoon

* = You need rank 2 Monster rearing before this item is available for purchase with the NPC.

---

Chacharoon is a melee-type fighter. Appears to be THF.

* Has Triple attack
* High evasion
* Decent HP
* Occasionally attacks with a slingshot; counts as ranged damage
* Uses the following WS's:
- Pocket Sand (Fan-shaped earth-based damage; Blinds)
- Tripe Gripe (single target Amnesia, lasts a short time)
- <forgot name of ws> (AoE gravity)

Text when summoned: "No jingly, no tingly!"
Text when defeated: "I sad... no use"
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2015-02-20 04:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Goddammit, you mean I have to actually do Monster Rearing now? Anyone have a guide on the quickest way to get to rank 2? :P

Also, if anyone was wondering how to get Arciela, talk to the Mithra at the Castle Gates in Eastern Adoulin, then go check a target at J-10 of Ceizak Battlegrounds for a cutscene and the trust. You'll need all the Adoulin missions complete, of course.

Edit: Also, just tested her out a little bit outside town; seems to be a great Koru-Moru replacement, as I'd hoped! Casts Pro/Shell V, Refresh II, Haste II; didn't notice if she cast Phalanx II though. Does melee attack (or ranged attack possibly? wasn't paying close attention to that). Also has 25 TP/tick Regain. WSs I saw her use were Guiding Light (which is AoE Attack/Defense/Magic Atk./Magic Def. Bonus) and Dynastic Gravitas, which did damage and probably some additional effects. Also saw Bellatrix of Shadows and Bellatrix of Light, which seem to swap the glow on her hand between light and dark, though I'm not sure what that does; maybe her attacks are elemental damage? Does cast Slow II and Paralyze II as well. Can also use a move called Illustrious Aid, which is AoE HP restore (did 547 for me, but took me to full HP, so not sure how high it goes).
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2015-02-20 10:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't much to it.
Like all Mog Garden stuff, just visit daily and feed your monster something it likes and interact. Wiki has the info which action is best for each monster.
You don't get a penalty or guilt-trip if you forget to do Monster Rearing on a day, which is nice. Can just do it at your own pace.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-20 10:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said: »
Goddammit, you mean I have to actually do Monster Rearing now? Anyone have a guide on the quickest way to get to rank 2? :P

Also, if anyone was wondering how to get Arciela, talk to the Mithra at the Castle Gates in Eastern Adoulin, then go check a target at J-10 of Ceizak Battlegrounds for a cutscene and the trust. You'll need all the Adoulin missions complete, of course.

Edit: Also, just tested her out a little bit outside town; seems to be a great Koru-Moru replacement, as I'd hoped! Casts Pro/Shell V, Refresh II, Haste II; didn't notice if she cast Phalanx II though. Does melee attack (or ranged attack possibly? wasn't paying close attention to that). Also has 25 TP/tick Regain. WSs I saw her use were Guiding Light (which is AoE Attack/Defense/Magic Atk./Magic Def. Bonus) and Dynastic Gravitas, which did damage and probably some additional effects. Also saw Bellatrix of Shadows and Bellatrix of Light, which seem to swap the glow on her hand between light and dark, though I'm not sure what that does; maybe her attacks are elemental damage? Does cast Slow II and Paralyze II as well. Can also use a move called Illustrious Aid, which is AoE HP restore (did 547 for me, but took me to full HP, so not sure how high it goes).

Wow, if that's true then that's really saying something - particularly because Koru-Moru has been a staple Trust in nearly every situation.

I wonder what using both Arciela and Koru-Moru would be like.
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-02-20 10:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Arciela's on my to-get list. Just too bad Adoulin missions are such a drag.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-02-20 11:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Issue with Arciela is she doesn't refresh the trust mages. But, she uses haste II and refresh II on you and herself.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2015-02-20 12:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Issue with Arciela is she doesn't refresh the trust mages. But, she uses haste II and refresh II on you and herself.

yeah that is a issue was hoping to replace midget rdm with her since she attacks but not giving the whm trust refresh II really hurts. Kinda was hoping it was a glicth for me lol
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-20 12:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Arciela also doesn't cast dia, phalanx, or cures. Couldn't get her to cast distract either with no skill weapon on marjami mobs (high eva check), but she might on high level mobs idk. She does have addle and dispel.

Illustrious aid is decent (seen it cure up to 800), but plain cure ~4 is more practical. Guiding light buff is strong, looks like +25% atk/def, and presumable +25mab/mdb to match, but the duration/uptime is crap at 27s. Dynastic gravitas causes amnesia with a short duration.

Another downside is she wastes a lot of her time switching stances between bellatrix of light (light hand, casting buffs) and bellatrix of shadows (dark hand, casts enfeebles).

Overall she is nice if you missed koru like me, but probably not worth using if you have both.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-20 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you obtain her?
 Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-20 12:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Talk to mithra at castle gates, than click on the sandy-whatever near the beach at J-10 ceizak. Presumably you need andoulin missions finished.
 Carbuncle.Galmaximas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Galmaximas 2015-02-20 12:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

thx I have the missions cleared I just missed that Taru npc so she will do for now
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-21 10:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if it's been posted yet, but just in case, for those that are curious. Kupipi will cast Cursna to remove Doom, and apparently is very adept at it(or extremely lucky). She got it on the first cast, lol.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-27 14:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So great news! Arciela will Haste2 you on Ranger! Sexcellent.

Now... for that pesky *** bard singing preludes.......

Not sure what's better:
Arciela, moogle, joachim
Arciela, whm, joachim
Arciela, whm, moogle
Arciela, Koru, joachim

Arciela doesn't (really) heal, so, joachim runs out of mp quickly.
Mihli runs out of mp too fast, even with moogle. Coffin lasts longer, but runs out too.
By Aralays 2015-02-27 15:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just something I want to mention because I saw it on no wiki or other website:
As I played with low level jobs, I noticed that Areuhat has MP but never uses it. Did testing with different mobs and found out that she intimidates undead, so she is WAR/PLD.
 Siren.Dagget
Server: Siren
By Siren.Dagget 2015-03-02 12:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does she use Wyrm WS's then? Id guess BLU/PLD if anything.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-02 12:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

She intimidates undead cause she is a dragon. It's racial rather than job-related.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-03-02 12:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dagget said: »
Why does she use Wyrm WS's then? Id guess BLU/PLD if anything.

Sylph.Traxus
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-03-02 12:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Speak to him after unlocking rank 3 monster rearing. He's a melee type that seems to be a thf.
[+]
By Aralays 2015-03-03 03:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
She intimidates undead cause she is a dragon. It's racial rather than job-related.
Check your ecosystems: dragons intimidate demons, not undead. Demonkiller would be /SAM, but she has MP, so she must be /DRK (intimidates arcana) or /PLD (intimidates undead).
She could be /BLU who has set Undead Killer, but her wyrm attacks aren't reskinned Bludgeon/Smite of Rage, so I go after the more simple explanation that she is /PLD.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-06 16:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Strangely, Arciela has Undead Killer too. When she'd use Dynastic Gravitas and pulled some hate on skeletons, she'd intimidate them. Not sure if the above posts mixed up Areuhat and Arciela though, cuz I've never tried Areuhat out.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 17:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad, I confused FFXI killer chain with that of my rp forum.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-06 17:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Aralays said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Check your ecosystems: dragons intimidate demons, not undead. Demonkiller would be /SAM, but she has MP, so she must be /DRK (intimidates arcana) or /PLD (intimidates undead).
She could be /BLU who has set Undead Killer, but her wyrm attacks aren't reskinned Bludgeon/Smite of Rage, so I go after the more simple explanation that she is /PLD.
Demons have Dragonkiller.

Dragoons are subject to intimidation effects when fighting demons.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 70 71 72