users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Trust Ciphers!
Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 70 71 72
By camaroz 2015-02-05 01:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Anyone know a good combination of trusts that would allow me to xp for a good 30mins-1hour without relying too much on MP efficiency while on SAM in the Foret Henne crab camp(small crabs + big aggro'ey crab)

I tried 2 combinations till now and unfortunately it was of no use due to WHM being VERY low on MP or too slow on healing which netted me a few close calls.

1) Ferious(galka whm) + ulmia + Joachiam = medium to high MP but got a few close calls due to Ferious is slow on healing.

2) Ulmia + Churikiki + Ferious(galka whm) = MP VERY low.

Remark: I do not have Trust: Moogle.

Any tip(s) would be very helpful.

Moogle almost removes all mp worries, especially in places as low as Foret. Personally would say koru for haste 2 (amazing for melee) and refresh 2 (on whm trust obviously) and kupipi. Ferrerous seems to just rip through mp. Ulmia would cap magic haste then for you. 99.9% of the time those are my trusts on sam and unless I'm in one of the basement areas mp is never an issue, and even there, it's not very often.

Ulmia doesnt do ***, which is why I pick Joachim. He cures and erases ailments etc.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-02-05 01:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Joachim is much less reliable than Ulmia at keeping up songs you'd actually want (IE: march), and his healing/status cures aren't that useful in practice, because he prioritizes using them on himself and other trusts before the player.
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 01:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So your suggestion is that I use Koru + Kupipi + ulmia ?

1000x yes. I honestly don't think there's a better combination for a powerful dd like sam, war, etc.

camaroz said: »
Ulmia doesnt do ***, which is why I pick Joachim. He cures and erases ailments etc.

Cures/-nas < double marches especially when you have a whm trust out already.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-05 02:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know a good combination of trusts that would allow me to xp for a good 30mins-1hour without relying too much on MP efficiency while on SAM in the Foret Henne crab camp(small crabs + big aggro'ey crab)

I tried 2 combinations till now and unfortunately it was of no use due to WHM being VERY low on MP or too slow on healing which netted me a few close calls.

1) Ferious(galka whm) + ulmia + Joachiam = medium to high MP but got a few close calls due to Ferious is slow on healing.

2) Ulmia + Churikiki + Ferious(galka whm) = MP VERY low.

Remark: I do not have Trust: Moogle.

Any tip(s) would be very helpful.

Kupipi is the most reliable healer in my experience. Her mp usually lasts longer compared to others. She can also cast all -na spells and erase and never lets you down with how quick she is with cures and enfeeble removing.

For haste though, I would recommend Karaha-Baruha over Cherukiki or even Koru-moru when Ulmia is present and/or you don't want to swap out Koru when he runs out of mp and convert.

You should try Karaha-Baruha + Joachim + Ulmia imo unless you would like to keep resummoning Koru when necessary.
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 02:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
Kupipi is the most reliable healer in my experience. Her mp usually lasts longer compared to others. She can also cast all -na spells and erase and never lets you down with how quick she is with cures and enfeeble removing.

For haste though, I would recommend Karaha-Baruha over Cherukiki or even Koru-moru when Ulmia is present and/or you don't want to swap out Koru when he runs out of mp and convert.

You should try Karaha-Baruha + Joachim + Ulmia imo unless you would like to keep resummoning Koru when necessary.

Any reason for double brds over whm?
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-05 02:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason for double whm over double brds? :P Seriously though, I always found this setup better for fodder bashing. You don't really need Koru debuffs that bad when you can instead get 4 songs on you all the time. Joachim helps with -na too and it seems easier to maintain double march with both brds up. I also recommended that setup unless he wants to resummon Koru because he runs out of mp too fast.
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 02:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason for double whm over double brds? :P Seriously though, I always found this setup better for fodder bashing. You don't really need Koru debuffs that bad when you can instead get 4 songs on you all the time. Joachim helps with -na too and it seems easier to maintain double march with both brds up.

Because Koru isn't a whm? Koru for haste 2, kupipi for whm-ing, and ulmia for double marches (which she never doesn't do)
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-05 03:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Any reason for double whm over double brds? :P Seriously though, I always found this setup better for fodder bashing. You don't really need Koru debuffs that bad when you can instead get 4 songs on you all the time. Joachim helps with -na too and it seems easier to maintain double march with both brds up.

Because Koru isn't a whm? Koru for haste 2, kupipi for whm-ing, and ulmia for double marches (which she never doesn't do)

Woops, should have said caster. Also ulmia isn't march only. I just find it more effective to use both brds against fodder and said why. I might be wrong, personal preference, trial and error blah blah
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 03:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Woops, should have said caster. Also ulmia isn't march only. I just find it more effective to use both brds against fodder and said why. I might be wrong, personal preference, trial and error blah blah

I know she can, but I've never had her use anything but marches on me, assuming I'm on a melee job.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-05 04:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulmia ballads all the damn time... that's why use double bards, (most) of the time get double march, between the 4 songs. Sometimes you still end up paeon paeon march ballad /ugh.

The only way to make sure you never get ballad from ulmia is to release and recast mages, or don't use them at all, but that would suck.

Koru's haste2 is too good not to have, still a shame he's such a dipshit with vert timing.
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 04:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

Seriously have no idea why Ulmia is ballad'ing you guys. Sam and blu are my two mains right now, and I don't think I've ever seen a ballad when solo. Sometimes run with 3-4 of us with ulmia and we'll get ballads, but outside of that it's marchx2
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-05 05:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1000x yes. I honestly don't think there's a better combination for a powerful dd like sam, war, etc.
For stuff in subgate zones, kupipi can't hit any of it to get tp for the mp recover ws, so i'm a bit of a fan of Mihli in that situation due to cureskin buying you more damage mitigation per cure cast.
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 05:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

For stuff in subgate zones, kupipi can't hit any of it to get tp for the mp recover ws, so i'm a bit of a fan of Mihli in that situation due to cureskin buying you more damage mitigation per cure cast.

Koru's refresh usually makes in of little/no concern to me, hardly ever see her run out of mp, though with blu I run kupipi/ulmia/moogle for diffusion/refresh and she NEVER runs out wit that.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-05 06:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Valli said, I end up with paeons and ballads occasionally too. Even two brds together doesn't allow you to have constant double march, so it shouldn't be any better with Ulmia only. At least that is the way it goes in my experience. Maybe I am doing something wrong, idk. I am not so sure about their AI with song preferences.
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 06:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Valli said, I end up with paeons and ballads occasionally too. Even two brds together doesn't allow you to have constant double march, so it shouldn't be any better with Ulmia only. At least that is the way it goes in my experience. Maybe I am doing something wrong, idk. I am not so sure about their AI with song preferences.

And I'm not saying either of you are doing anything wrong, just in my experiences I've never not had marchx2 on with her.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-05 09:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you just kill to slow... if koru's mp goes below like 75% you get ballad.

Literally right now Koru has 912 mp, and I have ballad on.
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Server: Phoenix
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2015-02-05 10:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ulmia gives my galka SAM ballads also since I have Koru-moru and Kupipi out as well, girl needs to pianissimo those mages! :D
By Chyula 2015-02-05 11:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

do ur char have below 75% mp? it check all chara including urself.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-02-05 21:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I would try that for sure. Also, you can always unsummon/resummon trusts if they run out of MP.
[+]
 Asura.Voidwolf
user: Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-02-10 03:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish I could delete some Trusts from my list, got too many of them shits. Only use a handful of them these days anyway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-10 03:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just put the 5 that have actual use at the top, and never bother scrolling down.
 Asura.Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-02-10 03:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done that, but the list always resets when I log out. Did they fix that?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-10 03:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It should only reset when you dc, or auto-sort.

I've had my same list order since Koru came out. new shitty ones just get added to the bottom.

I LITERALLY cannot express how *** sick of this I am, please for the love of *** give me an intelligent RDM or fix this garbage.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-10 05:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

need more subtle blow so they never do a tp move!
Ninjas are da best butterfly soloers for this reason!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-10 05:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda already jp capped on all the good jobs... I'm down to loladin and WAR, so, yeah...

Need to find a suitable camp with no AoE, but I'm still allowed to be irritated by Koru's dipshittery.
 Asura.Vinedrius
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-10 07:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering his derp AI, it might actually be a good thing that he dies rather than requiring you to release before resummoning him when he runs out of mp.
 Asura.Voidwolf
By Asura.Voidwolf 2015-02-12 04:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol there's a *** goobbue Trust? Yet to see anyone running around with that. That's awesome.
By Datass 2015-02-12 11:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if Koro Moro can currently be obtained, and if not, will it be offered up again during a future alter ego extravaganza?
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-02-12 11:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Datass said: »
Does anyone know if Koro Moro can currently be obtained, and if not, will it be offered up again during a future alter ego extravaganza?

Koro is not currently available. He was previously obtainable through Fields of Valor purchases with Tabs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-02-12 11:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Datass said: »
Koro is not currently available. He was previously obtainable through Fields of Valor purchases with Tabs.

How in the blue hell did I miss this...?

I will say, though, that occasionally I will not summon Joachim or Ulmia (particularly in some -gates zones) and instead use Kuyin. She's a Geomancy who uses Indi-Precision. Not sure of the accuracy value, but it appears to be around 20-30acc. She's one less person that needs to be cured, since Karaha & Joachim are definitely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE support jobs. There have been times where Karaha has full MP, but will occasionally glitch out and not cast a cure spell until I'm red. Idk what his problem is.

As for Joachim, you already know how I feel about him.

I've no issues with Ulmia casting Ballads personally when I'm BLU, cuz its usually useful for longer chains.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 70 71 72