Trust Ciphers!
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 70 71 72
 Phoenix.Tigertail
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Tigertail
By Phoenix.Tigertail 2015-01-13 11:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Koru-moru is fantastic for Haste 2 and phalanx, but when he converts at 18 mp when he's poisoned he's a retard.
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-01-14 10:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Areuhut so far : (Updating as I go)

War Class:
Beserk
Blood Rage

WS: (Usually saves up to 2000 tp or WS after you above 1000 tp)
Hurrican Wing
Dragon Breath
Vorpal Blade
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-14 13:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Hurricane Wing look? Does she flap her arms? Or does she just do a pelvic thrust generic JA animation and dust clouds come out of her? And for Dragon Breath does she do a generic pelvic thrust and a stream of fire come out of her torso?
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-01-14 13:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »

War Class:
Beserk
Blood Rage

Hurrican Wing
Dragon Breath
Vorpal Blade

Where do you get Areuhut?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-01-14 14:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
How does Hurricane Wing look? Does she flap her arms? Or does she just do a pelvic thrust generic JA animation and dust clouds come out of her? And for Dragon Breath does she do a generic pelvic thrust and a stream of fire come out of her torso?

She actually leans over and breathes fire out of her mouth. I haven't seen hurricane wing yet.
By Bloodrose 2015-01-14 14:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Odin.Ladyrikku said: »

War Class:
Beserk
Blood Rage

Hurrican Wing
Dragon Breath
Vorpal Blade

Where do you get Areuhut?
Login Campaign. 500 Login points.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-01-14 15:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »

I would assume it's may have a BLU animation.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-01-14 18:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurricane Wing from Areuhat is just her kinda jumping in the air and landing with a shockwave effect , kinda lol.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-01-16 01:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So another useless DD trust? yay! In a world our WSs do 5-10k damage without much effort, you would assume them to be much stronger. I haven't used them at any level below 99, so don't really know how effective they are from personal experience. From what people have been saying, they seem to be useful for low levels, but they should have scaled up to 99 much better. As of now, there is really no point when you can just call support and raze through fodder without worrying about your hp or speed etc. And for anything slightly above fodder, you wouldn't rely on them anyway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-16 02:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They're not designed to be used @ 99. They're to make up for the lack of ALL leveling until 99.

You should be playing with real people, cause MMO. Not using trusts to bash mandy skulls in all day.

Yeah, the trustbards are better than some players, I get that lol.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-01-16 14:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
If someone could post on the OF about how stupid Koru is with his vert timing, that would be phenomenal. I only ever saw 2 RDMs in my entire time playing this game dumb enough to do something like this.

I can deal with the wasted mp on debuffs, but this is fail.

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't do refresh II and then phalanx II directly after converting at 2 hp instead of curing itself..
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-22 09:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is Koru obtained from?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-01-22 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing that annoys me about koru is that they have coded him to not cast haste 2 on physical range attacks even when you are meleeing. Annoys the ***out of me when I'm there on cor/dnc stabbing the mob and he's casting flurry 2 on me.....
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2015-01-22 10:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vinedrius said: »
So another useless DD trust? yay! In a world our WSs do 5-10k damage without much effort, you would assume them to be much stronger. I haven't used them at any level below 99, so don't really know how effective they are from personal experience. From what people have been saying, they seem to be useful for low levels, but they should have scaled up to 99 much better. As of now, there is really no point when you can just call support and raze through fodder without worrying about your hp or speed etc. And for anything slightly above fodder, you wouldn't rely on them anyway.

Areuhat isn't terrible as DD trusts go. She's got a really high attack rate, interesting WSes, and holds her TP intelligently to close skillchains.

SC-closing trusts are problematic at 99 (if anything, you want to be the one closing, after all), but I'd definitely use her on the way up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2015-01-22 10:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Another thing that annoys me about koru is that they have coded him to not cast haste 2 on physical range attacks even when you are meleeing. Annoys the ***out of me when I'm there on cor/dnc stabbing the mob and he's casting flurry 2 on me.....

This is likely because you can only have either Flurry or Haste on at one time and not both effects. It would be very difficult for it to be programmed to identify which role you are using the trust for primarily (either melee or shooting) and which you prefer, so they probably just defaulted to what they assume the job is always supposed to be doing.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-01-22 10:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks he only casts haste or flurry on certain jobs. When i'm meleeing as brd/nin, he doesn't cast haste on me, yet ferreous coffin does.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
Server: Ragnarok
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2015-02-04 01:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

still can't start youg exenmille and other past trust .. and is not mission's problem cuz i down evry scenario -_- maybe i have to talk with all NPC ... to get that damn ki
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-04 02:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
They're not designed to be used @ 99. They're to make up for the lack of ALL leveling until 99.

You should be playing with real people, cause MMO. Not using trusts to bash mandy skulls in all day.

Yeah, the trustbards are better than some players, I get that lol.

I was talking specifically about DD trusts (can add tanks too). Support ones are still relevant at 99 and beyond.

Ragnarok.Haorhu said: »
still can't start youg exenmille and other past trust .. and is not mission's problem cuz i down evry scenario -_- maybe i have to talk with all NPC ... to get that damn ki

First you need to get "Bundle of half-inscribed scrolls" KI, then speak to certain NPCs to get Rainemard, Klara, Excenmille (S) and Romaa Mihgo.

Instructions: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Bundle_of_half-inscribed_scrolls
By Elwynbelwyn 2015-02-04 20:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't do refresh II and then phalanx II directly after converting at 2 hp instead of curing itself..
Better yet, if he cast Phalanx II (and Stoneskin!) *before* converting. I too have experienced Koru-Moru's extreme derpness with Convert timing.

How to vert: Stoneskin, Convert, Cure IV
How not to vert: wait until you have 2MP, Convert, non-Cure, non-Cure, K.O.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-02-04 21:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish trust acc wasnt floored on anything over level 110 stuff. At 119, 114mobs should be easy prey, yet they whiff terribly.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-02-04 21:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Koru is a pretty awesome trust. With haste2/phal2/flurry2/dia2/distract2 there needs to be a downside. His downside is he eats MP like a fat kid eats skittles at fat camp and converts. His AI is that of a RDM, healing doesn't take priority like it does for the WHM trusts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-04 21:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Koru is a pretty awesome trust. With haste2/phal2/flurry2/dia3/distract2 there needs to be a downside. His downside is he eats MP like a fat kid eats skittles at fat camp and converts. His AI is that of a RDM, healing doesn't take priority like it does for the WHM trusts.

FTFY
By mortontony1 2015-02-04 21:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
Koru is a pretty awesome trust. With haste2/phal2/flurry2/dia2/distract2 there needs to be a downside. His downside is he eats MP like a fat kid eats skittles at fat camp and converts. His AI is that of a RDM, healing doesn't take priority like it does for the WHM trusts.

IIRC he never hasted me on a mage job. It's been a minute since I've tried, but last I remember he never did. Kinda sad.
By Bloodrose 2015-02-04 21:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Koru-Moru only seems to haste melee based jobs, and uses Flurry II on ranged attack jobs.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-02-04 21:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I do know if you are on RNG or COR he uses flurry instead of haste. I was pretty certain he hasted me on BLU, though I have never tried on a "true" mage job. And yeah meant Dia3.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-02-05 01:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know a good combination of trusts that would allow me to xp for a good 30mins-1hour without relying too much on MP efficiency while on SAM in the Foret Henne crab camp(small crabs + big aggro'ey crab)

I tried 2 combinations till now and unfortunately it was of no use due to WHM being VERY low on MP or too slow on healing which netted me a few close calls.

1) Ferious(galka whm) + ulmia + Joachiam = medium to high MP but got a few close calls due to Ferious is slow on healing.

2) Ulmia + Churikiki + Ferious(galka whm) = MP VERY low.

Remark: I do not have Trust: Moogle.

Any tip(s) would be very helpful.
By camaroz 2015-02-05 01:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The Hero, Joachim and Kupipi
By mortontony1 2015-02-05 01:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Anyone know a good combination of trusts that would allow me to xp for a good 30mins-1hour without relying too much on MP efficiency while on SAM in the Foret Henne crab camp(small crabs + big aggro'ey crab)

I tried 2 combinations till now and unfortunately it was of no use due to WHM being VERY low on MP or too slow on healing which netted me a few close calls.

1) Ferious(galka whm) + ulmia + Joachiam = medium to high MP but got a few close calls due to Ferious is slow on healing.

Moogle almost removes all mp worries, especially in places as low as Foret. Personally would say koru for haste 2 (amazing for melee) and refresh 2 (on whm trust obviously) and kupipi. Ferrerous seems to just rip through mp. Ulmia would cap magic haste then for you. 99.9% of the time those are my trusts on sam and unless I'm in one of the basement areas mp is never an issue, and even there, it's not very often.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-02-05 01:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Bismarck.Dubai said: »

Moogle almost removes all mp worries, especially in places as low as Foret. Personally would say koru for haste 2 (amazing for melee) and refresh 2 (on whm trust obviously) and kupipi. Ferrerous seems to just rip through mp. Ulmia would cap magic haste then for you. 99.9% of the time those are my trusts on sam and unless I'm in one of the basement areas mp is never an issue, and even there, it's not very often.

So your suggestion is that I use Koru + Kupipi + ulmia ?
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 70 71 72